剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
谢谢
Thank you, Congresswoman.
谢谢 议员女士
Let's move to part one: foreign policy.
我们开始第一部分 对外政策
And the first question is for you, Mr. President.
第一个问题是给您的 总统先生
Given the recent volatile events in the Jordan Valley,
鉴于近期约旦河谷多变的形势
do you still believe it was correct
您仍然认为集结
to assemble the United Nations coalition and to intervene,
联♥合♥国♥多国♥军♥队进行干预 是正确的决定吗
or is it time now to call that intervention a mistake?
或者我们该承认此次行动是错误的
Well, I will answer that question, John,
我会回答这个问题的 约翰
but I'd like to address first
但我首先需要反驳
something Ms. Dunbar said a few moments ago.
邓巴女士刚刚说的一些话
America Works is not some stale, old, conservative agenda.
《美国就业法案》不是陈旧保守的议程
You name me one Republican
你能说出一个共和党人
who has suggested using federal funds
曾建议我们拿联邦基金
to guarantee jobs for every American
为每一个想要工作的美国人
who wants one and I will eat my hat.
提供工作 我就把帽子吃了
This isn't about dismantling government. It is about--
这不是在瓦解政♥府♥ 这是在...
Aren't we supposed to be talking about foreign policy?
我们不是该讨论对外政策吗
Yeah, I will. But first,
我会谈到的 但首先
I'd like to correct... because it's easier to talk about
我想纠正一下... 因为谈论
America Works
《美国就业法案》
than to defend your indefensible UN mission.
比维护你站不住脚的联♥合♥国♥行动更容易
At least I have a record to defend, Ms. Dunbar.
至少我有可维护的过去 邓巴女士
Speaking of your record, Mr. President,
说到过去 总统先生
you went on record saying you wouldn't run for president.
您曾公开表明不会竞选总统
And yet here you are. John, it seems that
可却还是参选了 约翰 看起来
your very thoughtful rules have gone out the window.
你精心制定的规则已经失效了
You have no respect for rules, Mr. President.
您对规则毫不尊重 总统先生
Take FEMA, for example.
比如联邦应急管理署
Oh, you want to talk about FEMA now
你现在要说联邦应急管理署
instead of foreign policy.
而非对外政策了吗
I am just following your lead, sir.
我只是顺着您的话往下接
See what a mess we get into
看我们在您的领导下
when we follow your brand of leadership?
陷入怎样的混乱啊
Well, I must admit that Ms. Dunbar
我必须承认 邓巴女士
does have many years of experience
确实在辞令华丽的辩论方面
making rhetorical arguments in court.
有多年经验
You've just seen proof of that today.
今天看到的就是最好的证明
But serving the American people is not about what you say,
可是服务美国人♥民♥并非靠口头上的功夫
it's about what you do.
而在于行动
And I would ask: what have you ever done?
我想问 你做了什么
I have to agree that Ms. Dunbar's lack of experience is a concern.
我同意 邓巴女士经验的缺乏令人担心
I find it ironic that the president talks about
总统居然提起经验的重要性
the importance of experience,
讽刺的是
given the fact that he appointed his wife UN ambassador
他任命了毫无任何资质的妻子
despite her utter lack of credentials.
为联♥合♥国♥大使
That's a sexist comment.
这是性别歧视
Excuse me?
你说什么
You wouldn't be making that argument
如果是一名女性总统任命自己的丈夫
if a female president had appointed her husband.
你肯定不会这么说
A husband with the same lack of international affairs experience
一个像克莱尔·安德伍德那样缺乏
as Claire Underwood? Yes, I would.
外交经验的丈夫吗 我还是会的
In fact, it makes me question your advocacy for women in general.
事实上 这让我质疑你对于女性的支持
Well, that's ridiculous.
真荒谬
What have you done to further gender equality?
你在推动性别平等方面做过什么
What have you done to balance the scales?
你在缩小贫富差距方面做过什么
That's your slogan, and yet
那是你的口号♥
you've left half of the population out of the mix.
可你却无视了一半的人口
But that is simply not true.
事实不是这样的
Can, can you name one specific thing?
你能说出一件事吗
Yes, I can. Being a woman, who has served as Solicitor General,
当然 我是史上少有的
one of the few in the history of the court.
曾担任过副检察长的女性
Well, that advanced your interests,
这符合你个人的利益
but what did that do for 150 million women out there?
可那对于1.5亿女性有什么用呢
The very fact that a woman can hold that position--
身为女性能够担任这样的职位
So you are a symbol. In a way, yes, I suppose I am.
那么你是一种象征 某种程度上我是
Me and many other women, including yourself--
包括你在内的很多女性
Okay, but how does that get us
可这样能够让我们
from 77 cents on the dollar to 100?
从挣77美分变成一美元吗
Real cents. Not symbolic cents.
真实的钱 不是象征意义的
Well, now you're just aping the president's rhetoric.
你现在只是在模仿总统的说辞
Another sexist comment.
又是性别歧视
How could you possibly misconstrue my words? I speak for myself.
你怎么可以这么扭曲我的话 我只代表自己
I am not aping the president or any other man.
我不是在模仿总统 或者任何男人
I'm sorry, I won't engage with this--
抱歉 我不会回应这种...
You know, when things get tough on the battlefield,
战场上 战事激烈的时候
we never say,
我们可不会说
"Sorry, I won't engage."
"抱歉 我不会回应[开火]"
We engage, Ms. Dunbar.
我们做出回应 邓巴女士
And you need to confront the fact
而你得面对这个事实
that you do not have women's best interests at heart.
那就是你并未把女性的利益放在心上
John, this is getting out of hand.
约翰 这样没法收场了
All right, then let's move on to the next question.
好吧 开始下一个问题
We are in the foreign policy portion of this debate.
现在的辩论主题是外交政策
Ms. Dunbar, let me bring this question to you.
邓巴女士 请允许我问你这个问题
You're critical of the president.
你不赞成总统的做法
You say it's indefensible, what he has done in the Jordan Valley.
你说他在约旦河谷的所作所为完全站不住脚
That's right. But specifically, what would you do differently?
对 如果换做是你 你具体会怎么做呢
Well, John, I'm glad you asked that.
约翰 我很高兴你问了这个问题
Sending troops into the
在我看来 把军队派往
Jordan Valley isn't what I call diplomacy. I need to go back to the hotel.
约旦河谷算不上外交 我得回酒店了
Everybody, Mrs. Underwood needs to leave us now.
各位 安德伍德夫人得走了
I really wish I could stay,
真希望我可以留下来
but I have a very full day tomorrow.
但我明天的行程很满
I should rest up. But again, I want to thank you all
我得回去休息了 不过我想再次感谢所有人
for your hospitality and all of your hard work.
感谢你们的招待还有你们的辛勤工作
Thank you so much.
非常感谢各位
Good night, everyone.
大家晚安
His trickle-down diplomacy is another example of delusion.
他的滴入式外交政策只不过是又一个妄想
Mrs. Underwood.
安德伍德夫人
Oh, you should go back inside with the volunteers
你该回去 跟志愿者待在一起
and have the full campaign experience.
体验竞选的每个方面
I didn't come to New Hampshire for that.
我来新罕布♥什♥尔不是为了这个
I came to speak with you.
我是来找你谈话的
Tomorrow, maybe. My brain is a bit fried.
也许明天吧 我现在不太清醒
Is it what Sharp said?
是因为夏普的话吗
Why you don't want to watch anymore?
你是为这个看不下去了吗
The sexist comment? Oh, I honestly don't care.
那个性别歧视的发言 我不关心那个
It's all spectacle.
那不过是一场表演
Who can get the most points, right?
看谁能拉到更多支持率 不是吗
Good night.
晚安
Now for part two of our debate: the domestic agenda.
现在进行辩论的第二部分 国内政策
And the first question goes to you, Congresswoman.
第一个问题是给你的 议员女士
The President speaks of America Works.
总统提到了《美国就业法案》
Ms. Dunbar wants to raise minimum wage.
邓巴女士想要提高最低工资
Talks about regulating executive pay.
她提到了控制高管薪酬
But a lot of people aren't quite clear
但很多人还不清楚
about your economic policy.
你主张的经济政策
What specifically, I underscore "Specifically,"
具体来说 我特别强调"具体"
would you do if elected president?
你若当选总统会怎么做
Well, I plan to do a lot. And we talked about this earlier.
我要做的有很多 这点我们之前已经谈过
First and foremost,
首先 最重要的是
I want to press for gender equality
我想推动男女平等
and close the salary gap.
消除薪资差距
If half of the working population
如果一半的就业人员
has more money in their pockets,
能拿到更多的工资
that will catalyze spending, which will grow the economy,
这会刺♥激♥消费 促进经济增长
which will, in turn, create more jobs.
最终创造更多就业机会
Mr. President, what do you think of that?
总统先生 你怎么看
Oh, I agree. I think that gender equality is very important.
我同意这种想法 我认为男女平等非常重要
And under my AmWorks program,
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表