剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
cluster bombs in the ocean?
我没有
I did not.
温德尔·科里说你有
Wendell Corey says you did.
那和我在闭路电视里
That's not what he said
看到的他所做的回答不一样
on the closed circuit television replay I saw,
但是如果他在其他场合下这么说过
but if he did say that in some other venue,
我只能说他搞错了
I would say he was mistaken.
你有没有建议或者要求过莱恩·拉森
Did you advise or instruct Ryan Larson or anyone else
或伯恩斯科技的其他人设计或测试集束炸♥弹♥
at Borns Tech to design or test cluster bombs?
不 我没有
No. I did not.
有没有一个叫卡尔·斯托尔兹的人曾授权
Did a man named Karl Stoltz ever authorize Ryan Larson
莱恩·拉森测试集束炸♥弹♥
to test cluster bombs?
我从没听说过什么卡尔·斯托尔兹
Uh, I've never heard of anyone by the name of Karl Stoltz.
你知不知道本案的初始原告
Are you familiar with the original plaintiff
瑞秋·肯尼迪
in this lawsuit-- Rachel Kennedy?
只在诉状中读到过
Only from the pleadings.
她被一辆车撞死后
She had to drop out of the suit
诉讼被迫结束了
after she was run over by a car and killed.
我知道
yeah, I-- I know--
我知道诉讼被迫结束了
I know she had to drop out.
露西·基特里奇是谁
Who's Lucy Kittridge?
这和本案有什么关系
How is this remotely relevant?
马上就说到了
I was just getting to that.
你和基特里奇女士有私人关系 对吗
You and Ms Kittridge had a personal relationship. Right?
她曾为律所工作
She worked for the firm.
你知道知道基特里奇女士
Are you aware of a conversation
和一个叫卡尔·斯托尔兹的人发生的对话
between Ms Kittridge and a man named Karl Stoltz?
反对 传闻证据
Objection. Hearsay.
这可不是要说真话 法官阁下
Not offering for the truth, Your Honor.
你知道他们发生过对话吗
Are you aware of a conversation?
我不认识什么姓斯托尔兹的
I don't know anyone named Stoltz.
很好
Very well.
你知道斯托尔兹先生威胁过你的生命安全吗
Are you aware Mr. Stoltz made threats on your life?
能不能至少说明下和本案的关联在哪里
Can we at least get an offer of proof?
-对方到底要问什么 -和本案的关联在于
- Where is this going? - My offer of proof
斯托尔兹先生威胁过这名证人
is that Mr. Stoltz made threats against this witness,
第二天他就死在一辆车的后备箱里了
and then the next day he wound up dead in the trunk of a car.
对方律师又是如何知道的
What's the basis of knowledge here?
那是我的车
It was my car.
没有丝毫证据证明
There isn't a scrap of evidence
我们的当事人和谋杀案有关
tying our client to a murder.
那么如果露西·基特里奇
So if Lucy Kittridge--
就坐在那儿 露西
there she is right here-- Lucy--
如果她出庭作证说你认识
if she gets on the stand and testifies
-卡尔·斯托尔兹 那是说谎吗 -反对
- that you know Karl Stoltz, would she be lying? - Objection.
这是在胡乱猜测
Calls for speculation.
基特里奇女士是我下一位要传唤的证人
Well, Ms Kittridge is going to be my next witness.
我不认为这有什么问题 继续
I will take it to bene. Go ahead.
基特里奇女士会说
Ms Kittridge is going to say
斯托尔兹先生和你有过对话
that Mr. Stoltz had a conversation with you.
你知道我觉得你哪里做的
You know what I find,
很过分吗
unconscionable?
请说
Yes, please.
一只秃鹫蚕食着已逝之人的骨血
A bottom-feeding vulture picking flesh off the bones of the dead
敲诈一家伟大的公♥司♥
at the expense of a great company,
一家给无数美国人提供工作
one that employs thousands of Americans with good jobs,
还在国内外保护美国利益的
all the while protecting American interests
公♥司♥
here and abroad.
也让你和温德尔·科里发了财
And making you and Wendell Corey rich.
我们收入高是因为我们尽忠职守
We get paid well because we do our work well.
因此收益的人群并非只是伯恩斯科技
The beneficiaries of that work are not just Borns Tech.
而是所有人
It's everyone.
包括你
Even you.
我
Me?
是的 你 先生
Yeah. You, sir...
我曾
I have--
作为一名士兵 律师和公民
As a soldier, as a lawyer, as a citizen,
我为这个国家最重要的基础设施
I have given my life to this country's--
亦即这个国家的法律和安全系统
this nation's fundamental infrastructures,
奉献了一切
its systems of law and security.
这是因为该系统
It's what allows little men
你这种小人才能登上法庭
like you your day in court.
它
It--
即使意味着让你有机会实施欺诈
Even when it means letting you try to commit fraud.
基特里奇女士会出庭
Ms Kittridge will take the stand
证明你认识卡尔·斯托尔兹
and testify that you damn well know Karl Stoltz.
你还是要说你不认识卡尔·斯托尔兹吗
Is it still your testimony that you do not know Karl Stoltz?
我知道他是什么人
I know what he is.
我知道你是什么人
I know what you are.
这是你最后一次说实话的机会 先生
This is your last chance to set the record straight, sir.
我知道
I know--
库伯曼先生 请你回答这个问题
Mr. Cooperman, can you finish answering the question?
库伯曼先生
Mr. Cooperman.
请你回答这个问题
Can you answer the question?
库伯曼先生
Mr. Cooperman!
这幅眼镜是新的吗
Are those new glasses?
是 听不错的 不是吗
Yeah. Cute, right?
-你好 -比利
- Hey. - Billy.
你们好
How's it going?
怎么了
So what's up?
他怎么样了
How's he doing?
他中风了
He had a stroke.
他脑部有淤血
There's some bleeding on the brain.
现在在做核磁共振检查是否严重
He's getting an MRI now to determine how much.
他之前就有病吗 有过什么迹象吗
Was he sick or anything? Did he show any signs of it?
医生说
Well, the doctor just told me
他三个月前有过一次小型中风
that he had some sort of a mini-stroke three months ago,
也许这就是他最近如此疯狂的原因
so maybe that's why he's been acting crazy.
你知道他现在已经没办法作证...
You know his testimony now, it's not going to--
我知道
Yeah, I know.
-我还没机会... -难以置信
- I didn't get a chance to-- - Seriously.
我还没机会交叉盘问他 所以
I didn't get a chance to cross-examine him, so--
没关系 我明白
No, I get it.
我不能就这么结束
I can't afford to let it go.
我不会就这么结束的
I'm not going to let it go.
对于我们该怎么做有任何疑问吗
Is there any question as to what we should do?
没有 我们应该继续
No. We should go forward.
什么
What?
我们现在遥遥领先 温德尔
Well, we're winning, Wendell.
他们的案子最多只能说刚能站住脚
They've put on a thin case at best.
我们的情况很好
We're in a good position.
库伯曼给我们加了同情分
Cooperman actually seemed sympathetic.
谁能想到呢
Whoever thought that was possible?
你的意思呢
Leonard?
你决定 温德尔
Your call, Wendell.
莱纳德
M-- Leonard,
你从一开始就跟我说赶快和解
you've been telling me to settle this from the start.
我们现在遥遥领先
We are winning.
让我们继续下去把这案子给了结了
Let's just keep going and get this shit done already.
他说的对
He's right.
他会死吗
Is he going to die?
我不知道
I don't know.
那现在怎么办
So what happens now?
明天就知道了
I guess we'll see tomorrow.
你觉得我们应该尝试申请无效审判吗
Do you think we should go for a mistrial?
为什么要这么做
Why would we do that?
不是 我是担心
No, I'm-- I'm worried
中风会让他在陪审团眼里
that the stroke is going to make him seem
更加人性化
human somehow to the jury.
我明白
Yeah, I get that.
但是为第二次审判
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表