剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
Young man, please rise.
你见帕佩基恩女士女士
You met Ms. Papagian--
是你希望她做你的诉讼监护人吗
and it is your wish that she be appointed as your guardian?
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
你读几年级了
What grade are you in?
九年级
Ninth.
九年级
Ninth.
你是好学生吗 成绩好吗
You a good student? Get good report cards?
是的 都是A
Yeah. Straight A's.
我爸爸曾是工程师 我的数学非常好
My dad was an engineer, and I do really well in math.
你想让谁当总统
Who do you want for president?
你又想让谁当总统
Well, who do you want for president?
因为我觉得他们都够差劲的
'Cause I think they all suck.
指派帕佩基恩为诉讼监护人
Ms. Papagian is appointed guardian.
监护人可以选择其信任的律师
A guardian may choose the lawyer she believes
来保证孩子的最大利益
has the best interest of the child in mind,
因此 委派麦克布莱德先生处理杰森的诉讼
therefore, Mr. McBride is appointed to handle Jason's lawsuit.
现在休庭
And we are adjourned.
律师们都入内庭
I'll see counsel in chambers, please.
我想大家都到齐了
I'm assuming we are all here.
首先 做得好 麦克布莱德先生
First of all, well done, Mr. McBride.
谢谢 法官阁下
Thank you, Your Honor.
都是因为你坚持不懈
You're nothing if not dogged.
在此我将本案归于复杂案件
I'm hereby designating this matter as complex.
所以我们将打破常规
So, we will be dispensing with conventional rules of discovery.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
复杂案件程序
The complex case program.
自1996年就已经有了
It's been around since 1996.
如果一桩案件被认为过于复杂
When a case is considered too complicated
令外行陪审团难以理解
for a lay jury to understand,
就会委派给复杂诉讼负责人
it is deferred to a complex litigation manager,
正是本人
which I happen to be.
案件会加速审理 你们无需
The matter is expedited, and you won't have to wait
等五年多的审理时间
the five plus years to see this through.
事实上他们没有反对
Well, the fact that they're not objecting
倒让我有点顾虑了
kind of gives me pause.
简化合理 你们不喜欢吗
Streamlined. It doesn't appeal to you?
当然 我喜欢简化合理
Oh, yeah, streamline appeals to me.
强权无理就不怎么样了
Uh, ramrodded, not so much.
告诉我你的价格底线
Give me your bottom line figure.
怎样才能一笔勾销
What will it take to make it go away?
而且 别犯傻
And, look, don't be stupid.
好 五百万
Okay. $5 million.
森纳特女士 我说120万 你觉得怎样
Miss Senate. I'll chip that to 1.2. What say you?
不接受 伯恩斯科技既未导致拉森先生死亡
We're not settling. Borns Tech neither caused Mr. Larsen's death,
也没有对此说谎 所以...
nor lied about it so--
这真的是个好消息
That is really terrific news.
如果开庭审理此案
If this thing goes the trial route,
你们的辩护费用可远不止三百万
you're looking at defense costs in excess of $3 million,
今天只要一半价钱 为什么不解决掉
why not be done today for half the price?
我们一分钱都不出
We offer nothing.
一分钱都不出吗
Nothing. Really?
你怎么想 莱茨先生
How do you feel about that, Mr. Letts?
我想你非常乐于在伯恩斯科技
Listen, I'd imagine you enjoy being
做总顾问吧
general counsel at Borns Tech.
你有多少认股权 两百万
You make, what, with stock options, $2 million?
你应该考虑做好本职工作
You might consider doing your job
如果你还想保住职位的话
should you be inclined to keep it.
他手上有受害人及其儿子
He has a dead man and his son.
三十万
300,000.
法官阁下 我能和我的当事人说两句吗
Your Honor, can I have a moment to speak to my client, please?
今天付钱 所有诉讼全部撤销
Payable today. Waivers on all claims.
-签署保密协议约定违约处罚 -莱纳德
- Confidentiality agreement with penalties. - Leonard.
不行
Nah.
-等下 不要 -不行 别说话
- Wait, no, no. - No, don't talk.
好吧 我提议五十万
Okay, I'll up it to 500.
五十万可以接受 我同意五十万
Five's acceptable. I can do five.
那你能做得了主
So you can make that decision?
你能提高赔偿价格
You can go up that high
不经任何人同意 不经任何流程
without running it past anybody or anything?
是的
Yes.
这完全就是另一回事了
Well, that's a whole different kettle of fish there.
当然不行
Fuck no.
法官阁下 抱歉 我能和我同事说两句吗
Your Honor, I'm sorry, can I have a moment with my colleague?
-可以 -谢谢 非常感谢
- Please. - Thank you. Thank you so much.
赶紧接受这个协议
Take the motherfucking deal.
-不 -接受
- No. - Yes.
你现在是单打独斗了吗
So you're working freelance now?
温德尔·科里和库伯曼可都明确表示了
Because Wendell Corey and Cooperman made it very clear
我们拒绝和解
that we're not settling.
我才是总顾问
I'm the fucking general counsel.
-提议五十万 -拒绝提议
- The offer's 500,000. - And the offer is rejected.
我给双方机会考虑一下
I am offering both sides the opportunity to blink.
好了
Okay.
这就是我们的方向
Here's how it's gonna go from here.
明天继续开庭
We'll reconvene tomorrow.
还是一样
Yet again.
你给我拿出证据 证明这案子
You make me an offer of proof that rises considerably
不只是现在这堆破事
above this piece of shit complaint
否则我彻底驳回你们的起诉
or I dismiss your cause of action altogether.
我猜你们认为我不能这么做
Now, I suppose you think I can't do that.
天啊 到手的五十万被你搞没了
Jesus, you blew off half a million dollars.
-五十万 -我是说
- A half a million dollars-- - I mean,
你知道这有多傻吗
do you know how fucked up that is?
对这些人来说根本算不了什么 你懂吗
That's not shit to these guys. Do you understand that?
他们这是敷衍搪塞我们
They're flippin' us a nickel.
天啊
God.
还有比五十万美金更至关重要的事
There's a hell of a lot more to it than a half million dollars.
他们隐瞒了十分重要的东西
They're hiding something big here.
毫无疑问
There's no fucking question about it.
你不想为瑞秋和孩子这样做吗
Don't you want to do this for Rachel and the kid?
-找出真♥相♥ -好像你多讲原则似的
- You want to find out the truth? - Oh,like you're so fucking principled.
温迪 我回来了
Wendy, I'm home.
你到底想怎么样 老兄
What the fuck do you want, pal?
知道吗 我喜欢自己钓鱼
You know, I like to fish myself.
不过钓到了就放生
I catch and release, though.
你这么做过吗 钓到又放走
You ever do that, catch and release?
钩住鱼唇把鱼拖来拖去
Drag the bastard around by the lip
直到它因为乳酸胀得鼓鼓的
'til he gets all gassed up with lactic acid,
然后你摘下鱼钩 看着它的眼睛
then you take the hook out, look him in the eye,
说 我就是耍耍你 小家伙
and say, "I was just fuckin' with you, buddy."
你赶紧给我滚蛋
Man, get the fuck out of here.
我客户的船爆♥炸♥了 当时距离另一艘船很近
My client's boat blew up in close proximity to another boat,
就是你的船
which is your boat.
你觉得我会走吗
You think I'm goin' away?
别犯傻了
Don't be stupid.
我有一肚子阴招
I got a whole bag full of tricks,
敲诈勒索什么应有尽有
extortion, blackmail, all kinds of shit.
不计一切代价
Whatever it takes.
为什么不把你所知道的痛快告诉我
Why don't you just tell me what you know,
我就不会为难你
and I'll be nice.
我甚至能帮你搞定移♥民♥问题
I might even help you with your immigration issues.
什么移♥民♥问题
What immigration issues?
如果我告诉警♥察♥加布里尔又打海豹了
The ones that'll come up if I tell the police
自会出现的问题
that Gabriel's blowing seals up again.
老兄 我不说是因为我什么都不知道
Man. I ain't sayin' shit 'cause I don't know shit.
我只知道我所看见的
All I know is what I saw.
天啊 他用手♥机♥录下来的
Shit. He took that with his phone?
对 从远处录的
Yeah, from a distance.
他们是恐♥怖♥分♥子♥吗
Are they terrorists?
我听说他们曾镇♥压♥索马里海盗
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表