剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
he had "Ways and means"
他有击败反企业候选人的
of defeating anti-corporate candidates.
"相关方法和手段"
Did he describe these "Ways and means"?
他有具体描述"相关方法和手段"吗?
When I expressed concern over a close Congressional race,
当我对国会竞选表示担忧时
he told me not to worry.
他让我不要担心
He said, "Our people on the ground will take care of it."
他说 "我们的工作人员会处理好的"
We need to show harm.
我们要证明损害结果
That the money Spiller raised was actually being used
斯皮勒募集的钱实际上是用来
on the ground to stop people from voting.
阻止选民投票的
We lost Harley. He won't cooperate.
哈利没戏了 他不愿意合作
Well, then, we need to make him cooperate. Release the hounds.
那就得让他愿意合作 放大招吧
Thank you, Your Honor. In addition to a pending charge
谢谢 法官大人 除了目前的选民威胁指控
for voter intimidation, the government expects to file
公诉方还希望针对
14 new charges against Mr. Kemp
坎普先生及其姐姐的
related to an illegal tax scheme
违法缴纳税款行为
involving Mr. Kemp and his sister.
提出14项最新指控
This investigation is ongoing, and there may still be
相关调查正在进行中 我们有可能
additional counts forthcoming.
还会发现其他罪名
Of course, as always, we are happy to discuss
当然 同往常一样
a comprehensive cooperation agreement with Mr. Kemp.
我们很愿意与坎普先生探讨全面合作协议
I was paid $4,000 to challenge voters.
他们给了我4000美元 让我为难选民
Were you told specifically how to challenge them?
他们有具体要求你怎么为难选民吗?
Yeah, we had training.
是的 我们有培训
How to single out an illegal
如何挑选非法选民
or someone who looked like they were gonna be fraudulent.
或者看起来能进行欺诈行为的人
How to single "An illegal" Out and do what?
挑选出"非法选民"做什么?
To get them not to vote.
让他们不要投票
I think we have this.
我想我们稳赢了
Well done. We don't have it. Not yet.
做得好 没有稳赢 还不够
Anyone ever tell you you're terrible with compliments?
有人说过你很不擅长称赞人吗?
That wasn't a compliment.
那不是称赞
It was premature self-congratulation.
是你高兴得太早
Terrible. We analyzed some spreadsheets.
糟糕 我们分♥析♥了一些数据表
We connected some dots and lines.
串联了各种信息
We broke down tactics, but we didn't show a real victim,
我们有分解策略 但缺少真正的受害人
and we're not gonna win the jury without one.
没有受害人是赢不了陪审团的
You taught me that.
你教我的
She's right. I know she's right.
她说得没错 我知道她没错
I'm just not sure what to do. I know what to do.
我只是不知道怎么做 我知道怎么做
You taught me this, too.
也是你教我的
These guys will never flip.
这些家伙不会翻供的
They'll never turn on their family.
他们永远不会背叛自己的家人
Family? What family? They all hate each other.
家人? 什么家人? 他们互相憎恨
What kind of family kills each other?
什么样的家庭会互相残害呢?
Polar bears.
北极熊
I'm just talking to myself here.
我只是在自言自语
Sand tiger sharks.
沙虎鲸
Female wolf spiders eat male spiders during copulation...
雌性狼蛛会在交♥配♥过程中吃掉雄性狼蛛
You know what? That is really...
你知道吗? 你这样真是...
helpful.
帮大忙了
Thank you for sitting down with me.
谢谢你愿意与我见面
You picked me up in the produce aisle.
你在小路上把我叫上车
I really didn't have a choice.
我别无选择
I'm Seth Oliver.
我叫赛斯·奥利弗
Seth Benjamin Oliver. Two older sisters.
赛斯·本杰明·奥利弗 你有两个姐姐
Law school at the University of Michigan,
你毕业于密歇根大学法学院
and then onto a mid-tier firm.
然后进入一家中等的事务所
Not entirely accurate.
不完全准确
How's your mom, Miriam?
你妈妈米莉亚姆身体怎么样?
Is that, like, a threat?
你这算是威胁吗?
You people have been harassing my family for months.
你们骚扰我的家人好几个月了
It's only fair I know a little about you.
我也要对你有所了解才公平
Now, listen, Ben...
听着 本...
Seth. You entrapped my husband.
赛斯 你们诱捕了我丈夫
You squeezed some lies out of him.
你们从他那里压榨出一些谎言
He strung you along for a little bit, but now he's done talking.
他附和了你们几句 但是他现在又闭口不言
Angelo ain't perfect, but he's a provider,
安吉洛不是完人 但他在养家
and he cares for his family,
他在乎家人
and he has always been loyal to us.
而且他对家庭一直很忠诚
Are you kidding?
你开什么玩笑?
Karen ain't no innocent bystander.
凯伦可不是无辜的旁观者
We'd run the poker game in the back of her salon.
我们在她的沙龙后面经营扑克游戏
She handled the rake, ran the money through the salon's books
她管理提成 走沙龙的帐
so it came out clean.
再出来的钱就合法了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
That can't feel great to hear.
听到你丈夫打算
That your husband was willing to give you up to save himself.
为了自保 而放弃你一定不好受
There is no reason for you to go down
你没有理由为了一个根本不在乎你的人
for people who don't really care about you.
搭上自己进去
You don't care about me, either.
你也不在乎我
And those people? They're my family.
但那些人? 他们是我的家人
And I'm not a snitch.
我不是一个告密的人
So I'll stick with the devil I know.
所以我会陪在我认识的魔鬼身边
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
Okay.
好的
Yes.
好
Not here.
换个地方吧
Where did you go to college, again?
再问一遍 你在哪儿读的大学?
Berkeley.
伯克利
Did you take philosophy?
学过哲学吗?
I was a history major.
我的专业是历史
One of the fundamental laws of logic
逻辑学的一条基本法则
is the law of non-contradiction.
是非矛盾法则
Two contradictory statements cannot both be true.
两个互相矛盾的陈述不可能同时为真
I am the Federal Public Defender.
我是联邦公设辩护律师
I am in a relationship with the Chief of the Criminal Division
我与美国联邦检察官办公室
of the U.S. Attorney's Office.
犯罪调查科的主管交往
You were right.
你是对的
Those two things cannot both be true.
这两件事不能同时为真
And yet they are.
却同时发生了
They were.
曾经同时发生
You're young, Sandra.
你很年轻 桑德拉
You have to trust that I know some things you don't.
你要相信有些事情是我知道 而你不知道的
And one of those things is that life doesn't follow axioms.
其中有一条就是 生活并不遵循定理
There's no bright-line ethical standard.
这世上也没有一条道德标准的明线
There are people who do everything by the book
有人做任何事都循规蹈矩
and are deeply immoral.
但仍然臭名远扬
There are those who break all kinds of rules
也有一些人藐视所有规则
who are compassionate and decent and good.
但仍然心怀正义 清清白白
That's true here in the work we do,
在我们从事的工作中有这种人
and it's true in the world.
在现实世界中同样也有
It is complicated.
这很复杂
You asked me who I am?
你问过 我是谁?
I am this.
我就是这样的人
I...
我...
This body.
是这身躯
This person.
这样一个人
We are not our jobs, Sandra.
我们的工作不是我们本身 桑德拉
I know it may feel that way to you now, but eventually,
我知道目前来说 工作和你融为了一体 但最终
even if you never want anything more,
即使你并未有过他求
you will realize you need something more.
你还是会意识到 你需要的不仅仅是工作
You are a lawyer.
你是一名律师
You are the most talented lawyer I've ever seen in my life.
你是我所见过的最有天赋的律师
You are a lawyer. That is who you are.
你是律师 这是你的身份
But that is not all you are.
但律师并不是你的全部
Can you please state your name for the record?
为记录在案 能说一下你的名字吗?
Vera Simmons.
薇拉·西蒙斯
Is this your first time testifying in court,
这是你第一次在法庭上作证吗
Ms. Simmons? Yes.
西蒙斯女士? 是的
Are you nervous?
你紧张吗?
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表