剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
So what, Mr. Knox?
那又怎样 诺克斯先生?
What are you gonna do
即便知道自己
now that you know you've been used as a pawn?
被当成了棋子 你又能怎样?
And if you've been running around life
如果你活到现在
thinking race doesn't matter,
还认为种族不重要
that nobody notices that you're a black man,
没人注意到你是个黑人
then I'm happy to have done you this favor.
那么我很高兴地帮个忙提醒你
They notice.
大家都注意到了
Anything else?
还有其他事吗?
No.
没有
Leonard.
雷纳德
I'm putting the assemblyman's aide up first.
我把议员助理安排到最前面了
He's our strongest witness.
他是我们最重要的证人
We can follow with Ag... Leonard, how are you doing?
接下来我们可以安排... 雷纳德 你还好吗?
I'm fine.
我很好
We can follow with Agent O'Donnell.
接下来是奥唐诺探员
What did Delap say?
迪拉普说了什么?
It's nothing. You're not fine.
没说什么 你并不好
You don't know anything about me.
你根本不了解我
Who does?
谁了解呢?
Close the door.
关上门
I went to boarding school.
我在伍德伯里森林中学读书
Woodberry Forrest.
知名寄宿男校
Sophomore year, I went home for the holidays.
二年级 假期我回家
My mom got me a BMW.
我妈妈送了我一辆宝马
Navy with tan interior.
深蓝的车身 褐色内饰
One night, I was leaving the movies,
有天晚上 我看电影回来
and a police officer started following me.
一个警♥察♥开始跟在我后面
Felt like an hour.
感觉跟了一个小时
I took a right at a traffic light into my neighborhood.
我在家附近的红绿灯路口向右转
He turned his sirens on.
他开了警笛
I pulled over.
我把车停到了路边
He walked up, hand on his gun,
他走上来 手放在枪上
and asked whether the car was stolen.
问我车是不是偷来的
He told me to get out, put my hands on the car.
他让我下车 双手放在车上
While he ran the plates, I stood there
他核查的时候 我就站在那里
confused, terrified, embarrassed.
内心充满困惑 恐惧和窘迫
He walked back and said,
他走回来说
"Your mama's doing an excellent job."
"你妈妈工作很不错啊"
He apologized and let me go.
他表示道歉 并让我走了
I didn't tell my mom what happened.
我没把这件事告诉妈妈
We have never talked about race.
我们从来不会谈论种族
She thought talking about it made a perceived handicap real,
她认为这会让原本隐而未显的劣势变成事实
so...
所以...
when I went back to school, I thought I could talk
等我回到学校 我认为可以
to one of the three other black kids in my class about it.
和班上其他三名黑人孩子中的一位谈论这件事
When I tried, Andre Merriweather...
当我尝试和安德烈·梅里韦瑟说起时...
told me nothing had really happened,
他告诉我 那根本不算什么
because I wasn't really black.
因为我不是真正的黑人
Said my mom was a sellout, and so was I.
说我妈妈是个叛徒 所以我也是
When I talked to my best friend, Mark Spathe...
我又跟我最好的朋友 一个白人孩子 马克·斯佩斯
a white kid... about it,
谈论起这件事
he said, "Cool. You got away with it."
他说 "太好了 你摆脱了警♥察♥"
He started talking about where we should go on spring break.
接着他开始谈论春假我们要去哪里
I am sick of this.
我很讨厌这样
Not belonging...
不属于...
anywhere.
任何一方
Just...
只能...
Just for being exactly who I am.
只能做我自己
Then people call me arrogant 'cause I walk with my head high,
然后因为我走路抬着头 人们就说我傲慢
say I blow right past them.
说我目中无人
They don't want me anyway.
他们无论如何也不要我
I am not quitting this case.
我不会退出这个案子
I am gonna win this case.
我要赢得这个案子
Mr. Blinken, you were an aide
布林肯先生 您是议员
to Assemblyman Charles Thomas, correct?
查尔斯·托马斯议员的助理 是吗?
Yes, that's correct.
是的 没错
In the course of your work for Assemblyman Thomas,
在您为托马斯议员工作期间
did you arrange a meeting between the assemblyman
您是否安排过议员和被告
and the defendant, Mr. West? Yes.
韦斯特先生的会面? 安排过
And can you tell the jury
您能否向陪审团讲述
what transpired between Mr. West and Assemblyman Thomas
韦斯特先生和托马斯议员在会面时
at this meeting?
都发生了什么?
Mr. West offered Assemblyman Thomas
韦斯特先生提供给托马斯议员
the use of a penthouse apartment in one of his buildings.
一套顶层公♥寓♥供其使用
He also offered contracting services
他还为托马斯议员现在的住所
for the assemblyman's current residence.
提供服务供应合同
How did Assemblyman Thomas vote
在那次会面之后 托马斯议员
on the Hudson Nine development after that meeting?
在哈德逊九号♥这一楼♥盘♥项目上持何意见?
He changed his vote to support Mr. West's bid.
他改变了意见 转为支持韦斯特先生的投标
Did Assemblyman Thomas know Mr. West
托马斯议员在那次会面之前认识
prior to this meeting? He did not.
韦斯特先生吗? 不认识
Did they socialize? Not to my knowledge.
他们有私交吗? 据我所知没有
Did Assemblyman Thomas socialize
托马斯议员和纽约其他参与
with other New York developers bidding on Hudson Nine?
哈德逊九号♥项目的投标开♥发♥商有过接触吗?
Yes, he did... frequently.
有接触... 很频繁
White developers?
白人开♥发♥商?
Objection!
反对!
Your Honor, I'm simply trying to establish
法官大人 我只是试图确认
that Mr. West was at
韦斯特先生
a serious institutional disadvantage to his rivals
与他的竞争对手之间
in having access to decision makers,
在接近像议员这样的决策者方面
like the assemblyman.
处于制度上的不利地位
I'll withdraw my question.
我收回我的提问
Agent O'Donnell, you led the investigation
奥唐诺探员 你负责对被告
into the defendant, Mr. West, including the analysis
韦斯特先生的调查 包括查阅分♥析♥
of Mr. West's financial records? Yes.
其财务记录 是吗? 是的
Did Mr. West distribute cash
韦斯特先生是否以现金支付
or in-kind donations to organized labor
或者非现金捐赠的方式
involved in the Hudson Nine development?
向参与哈德逊九号♥项目的劳工组织授利?
Yes.
是的
Have you investigated
您是否以贿赂工会官员为由
other New York real estate developers
调查过其他纽约的
for allegedly bribing union officers, Agent O'Donnell?
房♥地♥产♥开♥发♥商 奥唐诺探员?
Yes.
调查过
How many? Eight.
调查过几起? 八起
In how many of those eight investigations
在那八次调查中
was the target of the investigation African-American?
有多少次是针对非裔美国人的?
None.
没有
All white? Objection.
都是针对白人的? 反对
It goes to bias, Your Honor.
是为了判断是否有偏见 法官大人
Overruled. You may answer.
反对无效 你可以回答
Yes... all white.
是的... 全是白人
How many indictments were issued
这些调查中
as a result of these investigations?
有多少最终被起诉?
None.
没有
So, to be clear,
那么 确认一下
you investigated eight white developers
你因同样的指控罪名
for the same kind of conduct alleged here,
调查了八位白人开♥发♥商
but in each of those instances,
但是对于所有那些案件
the U.S. Attorney's Office declined to indict?
美国联邦检察官办公室都拒绝起诉
That is correct.
对的
You were employed by Mr. West?
您曾是韦斯特先生的雇员?
Yes, I was... for three years.
是的 我曾经是... 做了三年
What was Operation Friendship?
什么是"友谊行动"?
Operation Friendship was Mr. West's campaign
"友谊行动"是韦斯特先生
to influence decision makers on the Hudson Nine project...
为了影响哈德逊九号♥项目的决策人而开展的一项运动...
unions, politicians, community leaders.
针对工会 政客 社区领导人
Did Mr. West speak specifically about
韦斯特先生是否明确说过
what he would use to influence these decision makers
作为"友谊行动"的一部分
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表