剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
other than Betty Baker robbing a bank
而不是贝蒂·贝克抢劫了银行
and trying to kill her boyfriend to cover her tracks,
并且试图枪击她男朋友来掩盖行踪
but that is simply untrue.
但那不是真的
Mr. Loomis is a flawed man
卢米斯先生是个有缺点的人
who has made some very poor choices and big mistakes,
做过很多大大小小错误的决定
but none has been greater
但是没有什么能
than the simple, essential, elemental one
比得上单纯 自然 不可避免的
of falling for the wrong person.
爱上错误的人
Of believing someone to be decent and honorable
他相信 他爱上的人正直且善良
when she is not.
但她不是
In believing that a relationship can be anything more
相信一段关系可以不止是
than expedient and transactional.
利益间的一场交易
That the person he trusted was motivated by something
相信他所相信的人不仅是被
other than avarice and anger and self-regard.
贪婪 愤怒和自我驱动着
We don't agree on a lot.
我们不总是意见一致
That's the nature of this system.
这是这个系统的本质
That's why we are here talking to you
所以我们在这里 以相互对立的身份
from opposite sides of the room.
向你们各自诉说着
To give you our perspective.
将我们的视角告知你们
The evidence as we see it.
将我们的证据呈现给你们
To let you decide.
来让你们决定
But Ms. Littlejohn and I do agree
但是李特琼女士和我一致同意
on one important thing in this case.
这个 本案中有一件重要的事情
The only important thing, really.
真的 只有一件重要的事
That what we do here comes down to trust.
我们所做的一切都基于信任
Do you trust Mr. Loomis?
你相信卢米斯先生吗?
That's it.
就这样
If you do, you can and probably should
如果你相信 那你或许应该
convict Betty Baker.
给贝蒂·贝克定罪
If you don't, then you cannot convict Betty Baker.
如果你不相信 你就不应该给贝蒂·贝克定罪
Do you trust him?
你们相信他吗?
You know he lied. He told you he lied.
你们知道他撒过谎 他说过他撒谎了
He came in here, and he looked you in the eye,
他走进来 看着你们的眼睛
and he said, "I lied."
然后他说 "我撒谎了"
That is the only thing you know for a fact about Nick Loomis.
这是你们唯一知道的 关于尼克·卢米斯的事实
That the government offered him immunity,
政♥府♥给了他豁免权
and he changed his testimony.
他修改了他的证词
That he is a liar.
他是个骗子
That he will say and do whatever it takes
他会说尽所能 做尽所有
to avoid responsibility for his role in this crime.
来避免承担他在这场罪行中的责任
Ms. Littlejohn wants you to focus on the relationship
李特琼女士想让你们把注意力集中在
between Betty and Nick.
贝蒂和尼克的关系上
I want you to think about the relationship
而我想让你们想想
between Nick and you.
尼克和你们的关系
You are good people.
你们是好人
You believe things,
你们有信仰
and you fight for the things you believe in,
你们为信仰而战
and you are honest in that fight.
在战争中 你们是诚实的人
Your friends and co-workers, your fellow jurors,
你的朋友 同事 一同的陪审团成员
trust you because they know what you believe.
相信你 因为他们知道你的信仰
Nick Loomis is a man who doesn't believe in anything.
尼克·卢米斯是个没有信仰的人
And how do you trust someone who doesn't believe in anything?
你们怎么能相信一个没有信仰的人呢?
So, we've got to make this quick
咱们得快点
because I have a hearing to get to.
我还要赶一场听证会
Okay, your charging documents in the last two fraud cases
你之前两场欺诈案的起诉书
have been inflammatory and preposterously aggressive.
非常具有煽动性 还出奇的具有攻击性
Even for you. Um, you like smoked fish, right?
即使对你来说 你喜欢烟熏鱼 对吗?
Yes.
是的
And you have this little weasel first year over here
你还有一个很狡猾的新人
who keeps badgering one of my first years.
一直纠缠着我那边的一个新人
I don't remember his name... Barney Greengrass.
我不记得他的名字了... 巴尼·绿草
I don't think that's it.
我不觉得那是他的名字
No, I'm saying Barney Greengrass tomorrow morning.
不 我是说巴尼·绿草 明天早上
Can you do it?
你能来吗?
Uh, sure, yes, right.
嗯 当然
We can go together.
咱们可以一起去
Uh, meet me here tonight.
今晚来这里见我吧
The Baker case.
贝克的案子
I'm sure you know,
我确定你知道
Kate Littlejohn withheld Brady material...
凯特·李特琼故意不提供文件...
Uh, no, open it later.
不 晚点再打开
Okay.
好吧
We're gonna appeal if we lose, which we probably won't.
如果我们败诉 我们会上诉的 但估计不会败诉
Byrne left us an opening.
伯恩给我们留有了余地
Wait, what happened in the Baker case?
等等 贝克案子怎么了?
When you tell your story,
当你讲述你的故事时
I need you to tell it as if it's happening now.
我需要你说的就像它正在发生一样
Right here.
就在这里
My story? Your story.
我的故事? 你的故事
My whole life story is now?
我一生的故事 现在?
Here and now.
这里 现在
I'm not sure I understand.
我不确定我明白了
Neither do I.
我也不明白
You get it?
懂了吗?
Uh, blue and the khaki, thanks.
蓝色的和卡其裤 谢谢
Should Chris shave as well?
克里斯应该刮胡子吗?
Oh, he won't be on camera for this.
他不会出现在镜头里
You're just using the audio?
你只用音频?
I won't be recording that, either.
我也不会录那个的
It's to give me the emotion.
这只是给我情绪
I'm afraid I still don't understand what to do, exactly.
恐怕我还是不明白要做什么
Thank God you're not a director.
感谢上苍你不是导演
Just asking what I... Why don't you stop asking,
只是问问我... 你可不可以不要再问问题
and let me start doing, okay?
让我开始做事 好吗?
Thank you.
谢谢
I think it's time for you to leave.
我觉得你该离开了
Excuse me? You need to leave, Theo.
你说什么? 你得走了 西奥
Now. This is about Chris.
这是关于克里斯的
Not you. Not "Your work."
不是你 不是"你的作品"
Which seems to be terrible.
作品看着也挺糟糕的
He used to be such a normal, down-to-earth guy.
他原来是个很普通 特接地气的人
Really? Freshman year.
真的? 大一那年
I don't know, maybe not.
我不知道 或许也不是
We're screwed. We're totally screwed.
咱们完蛋了 咱们彻底完蛋了
We are.
是啊
What?
怎么?
I'd like to take a break.
我想休息一下
Clearly, in light of this powerful defense presentation,
很显然 在这份有力的辩护展示前
a prison sentence in this case is unwarranted.
监禁刑期在本案中是毫无根据的
When the door opens,
当门打开的时候
I'm going in first.
我要第一个进去
Have a seat. I don't have time.
请坐 我没时间了
I'm waiting for a verdict.
我在等判决
There's not gonna be a verdict. Sit down.
不会有判决了 坐下吧
What's going on?
发生什么了?
She's pleading out.
她要认罪了
Three years on the robbery, and we dismiss the gun charges.
抢劫罪 三年 我们撤销持枪指控
I never offered a deal. I offered it.
我从没提过这个协议 我提的
I'm about to win this case.
我就要赢下这场案子了
By withholding Brady material...
通过故意不提交材料...
Judge Byrne ruled with me.
伯恩法官站在我这边
And if you win, which you probably will,
如果你赢了 或许你会赢
they're gonna appeal, and we're gonna get slapped,
他们会上诉 我们会输
and I'm not gonna let that happen.
我不会让这发生的
You negotiated a deal with Sandra behind my back...
你和桑德拉瞒着我做了个交易...
I negotiated a deal. It wasn't with Sandra.
我做了个交易 不是和桑德拉
I don't understand.
我不明白
You were gonna lose.
你会输的
I was not going to lose.
我不会输的
When did she offer this?
她什么时候提出来的?
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表