剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
When I came here with my family,
当我和家人刚到这里的时候
we had nothing, and we struggled,
我们什么也没有 吃了不少苦
but we built a life here, and we were welcome here.
但是我们在这里安了家 也受到欢迎
For years, my dad kept this little picture of Ronald Reagan
多年来 我爸爸一直把里根的照片
above our kitchen table, with these quotes from him.
放在我们的餐桌上 还有他那句
About immigrants.
有关移♥民♥的讲话
"These families came here to work.
"这些家庭来此工作
They came to build.
来此建设家园
They brought with them courage, ambition,
带着他们的勇气和雄心
and the values of family."
以及对家庭的爱"
That is the America I know.
那才是我认识的美国
I am an immigrant. I am the child of immigrants.
我是个移♥民♥ 我是移♥民♥的孩子
We were welcome here.
我们被这里接纳
And today you probably wouldn't be.
你要是今天移♥民♥来 可能就不会那样了
This is America.
这就是美国
It expands and it contracts.
扩张又紧缩
Advances and recedes.
先进又落后
Opens and closes.
开放又保守
This is a country birthed in freedom
这是一个号♥称自♥由♥的国度
and built on slavery.
却建立在奴隶制基础上
Separating families?
离散的家庭?
They separated black families in America for 250 years.
他们将黑人家庭离散了250年
What makes this feel so bad now is that we expect more.
而我们现在感到如此糟糕 是因为我们期待得更多
And that's a good thing.
这是件好事
This pain is progress.
这份痛苦是种进步
But do not forget who we are and where we came from.
但不要忘记我们是谁 来自哪里
I do not forget where I came from.
我没有忘记我来自哪里
I grew up in West Baltimore,
我在西巴尔的摩长大
around the corner from where Justice Marshall grew up.
离马歇尔大♥法♥官成长的地方不远
This Justice Marshall.
就是这位马歇尔大♥法♥官
He knew my father.
他认识我父亲
He stood in my living room.
他去过我家
The elementary school I went to, Mt. Royal,
我选择就读于皇家山小学
I went to because of him.
就是他的缘故
I'm here because of him.
我来这儿工作也是因为他
He was the grandson of a slave,
他是一名奴隶的孙子
and he changed American law.
他却修改了美国的法律
He changed the very idea of the Constitution!
他改变了宪法的精神!
He made a document
他促成了一份
that considered him three-fifths of a man
使每个黑人拥有五分之三投票权的文件
a document of liberation.
一份解放黑人的文件
This is the America I know.
这就是我认识的美国
A beacon and a curse.
灯塔与诅咒
Light and darkness.
光明与黑暗
Hope and despair.
希望与失望
This is America right now.
这就是今日的美国
But America never ends.
但美国永不眠
Mr. Knox.
诺克斯先生
This isn't what we agreed to. What?
这不是我们谈好的 什么?
Mr. Boyd's gun possession not being considered
"根据法律 博伊德先生持有枪♥支♥的行为
"relevant conduct" under the sentencing guidelines.
不应成为其加重量刑的理由"
I specifically said "no" to that.
我明确说过不同意这条
That's not what I remember. Yes, it is.
我记得不是这样 就是这样的
You're just trying to reopen the deal
你只是想篡改谈话内容
by misrepresenting the conversation,
好重新跟我谈条件
hoping you can do just a little bit better this time,
看看能不能多争取到点好处
but I'm not in the mood for that,
但我现在没心情谈条件
and if you want to press me on it,
如果你再逼我
I will withdraw the offer and we will go to trial.
我就撤回协议 我们法庭上见
Do you want to press me on it?
你还想逼我吗?
You waited too long. The offer is withdrawn.
你犹豫太久了 我撤回协议
You want me to bring him back?
你想让我把他带回来?
I need him as a witness.
我需要他作为证人
That case is over.
那个案子已经结了
The plea deal fell apart.
认罪协议没谈拢
The plea deal fell apart. I...
就是没谈拢 所以...
I am trying this case.
所以我要再次提起诉讼
I'm going to try it, and I'm going to win.
我要再次起诉 而且我要赢
I will win.
我会赢的
And since Merced Garcia is a material witness,
而默塞德·加西亚作为一名重要证人
after I win,
在我胜诉之后
you can take your time sentencing Mr. Boyd,
你可以慢慢考虑对博伊德先生的判罚
and Merced will have to be here for as long as that takes.
这样默塞德就得等到案子办完
It could be years,
这可能需要几年时间
and you can order ICE not to take Ramon
你还能要求移♥民♥局不要带走雷蒙
because you have determined
因为你认定了
that it's essential to Merced's well-being
让雷蒙和默塞德父子团聚
not to be separated from his son.
有益于默塞德的精神健康
And it is within your supervisory powers as a Judge
而确保证人的身心安全
to care for witnesses in this way.
这是你作为法官的权力
Those are your indisputable, inviolable powers.
是你无可争辩 不可侵犯的权力
This is what I'm going to do.
这就是我的计划
It's not my case, Mr. Knox.
这不是我的案子 诺克斯先生
Then take it.
那就接过来
Go to Judge Reed and take it.
从里德法官那儿接过来
Because you can do that, too.
这也是你能做的
Mr. Garcia, sir?
加西亚先生
It has been an honor
很荣幸
to have you here in my office, Mr. Garcia.
你能来我的办公室
Wherever you go.
无论你去哪
Wherever you go.
无论去哪
You have a home here.
你在这里有个家
You are a child,
你是个好孩子
you are a beautiful boy,
你是个漂亮的好孩子
and you are welcome here.
这里永远欢迎你
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表