剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
And there are points in history where we should look at a crime
历史进程中的一些时间点 我们需要在审视
and understand the larger social context
一项罪行时了解大的社会背景
and potentially have that affect our determination of guilt.
并在潜移默化中使我们的决定受其影响
This...
但这次...
right here, this moment, this case...
此时 此地 这个案子...
is not one of them.
不属于上面说的情况
This is a financial crime
这就是一次金融犯罪
in which an incredibly wealthy man bribed officials
一位富得令人难以置信的人
in order to make himself even more wealthy.
为了让自己更富有 而贿赂官员
And Mr. Kaws is banking on you not seeing the distinction,
考斯先生指望你们没有看到
but Isaiah West is not Rosa Parks.
以赛亚·韦斯特和罗莎·帕克斯的区别
This is not a protest of a rigged system.
但这不是对人为操控体制的抗♥议♥
It is a crime.
这就是犯罪
Our role models are not perfect.
我们的楷模并不完美
It is a sad day when we realize this.
认识到这一点令人悲伤
They make mistakes,
他们会犯错误
and they should not be let off the hook when they do.
当他们犯错误时 不应该被纵容
I'm ready to go to trial.
我准备好了进入审判阶段
You wanted it, you're getting it,
你得到了你想要的
but I'm not laying down.
但我不会放手
Forget the Affair in the Square.
别管广场故事了
This is Scotland versus King Edward I,
现在是苏格兰对爱德华一世
and I'm gonna fight you to the death.
而我要与你决战到死
You're gonna wish you settled this case,
你会后悔自己没选择和解的
because I'm gonna watch that scene from "Braveheart"
因为我要在宣判前的每个晚上
every night until this trial is over.
都看一遍《勇敢的心》中的经典一幕
You haven't seen "Braveheart."
你没看过《勇敢的心》
I'm dismissing the case.
我要撤销起诉
You're dismissing the case?
你要撤销起诉?
This case? T... This one?
这个案子? 这... 这个案子?
This is the case you're dismissing?
这是你要撤销的案子?
The guard who said he found the tennis ball in your client's cell?
那个说在你当事人的牢房♥发现网球的狱警
He says he was wrong.
说他搞错了
He wasn't in that cell after all
他根本不在那间牢房♥
like magic gone, just like my case.
他如魔法般消失了 就像我的案子一样
Four. What?
四个 什么?
Golf ball, Ping-Pong ball, squash, and racquetball...
高尔夫球 乒乓球 壁球 墙球...
four balls smaller than a tennis ball.
四种比网球小的球
I would have crushed you.
我本可以碾压你的
You'll be out of here in 53 days.
53天后 你就可以出去了
It's my Mom's birthday today.
今天是我妈妈的生日
I couldn't get her anything.
我不能送她点什么
But this should make up for it.
但是这个消息应该可以弥补了
Do you mind if I have a minute with my co-counsel?
你介意让我和联合律师单独待一会儿吗?
Thank you both.
谢谢你们两位
The guard changed his testimony.
狱警改变了他的证词
It is a surprise.
真是意外啊
Not really.
其实不算
These guys are busy.
这些人都很忙
They got a lot of pressure on them. They forget things.
他们受到很大的压力 会健忘
I've seen it before... many times.
我之前遇到过这种情况... 很多次了
So, what are you gonna do now?
那你现在打算怎么做?
You know how it is.
你知道的
You win a case, you lose a client.
案子赢了 当事人就不存在了
Got to get right back out here.
哪儿来还是回哪儿去
Lot of business, though.
虽然生意很多
And while I do have a particular expertise
当我真的在某些方面有了一定专业知识
in dental malpractice, I'm a generalist.
比如牙医的不当治疗 我就是通才了
Assaults, dog bites, uh...
还有人身侵犯 被狗咬伤...
auto accidents, murder, estate planning.
机动车事故 谋杀等等
Auto accidents in here?
这里还会有机动车事故?
Guards and their families, mostly.
多数是狱警和他们的家人
You represent guards?
你还会代理狱警?
Everyone is entitled to a lawyer, Jay.
每个人都有权获得律师的服务 杰
I... I have to go.
我得走了
You're one of the good ones.
你是个好律师
I hope we get to work together in the future.
我希望将来可以一起合作
Take care of yourself, Randy.
你自己多保重 兰迪
Got no other choice.
也只能这样了
You came back.
你回来了
Yeah.
是啊
Yeah, I like it in here.
是 我喜欢在这里
I like that you're here.
我喜欢你在这儿
I like seeing you outside the office.
我喜欢在办公室之外看见你
My life is my work.
我的生活就是我的工作
I go to sleep, I go to work.
我睡醒了就工作 工作完了就睡觉
I'm not complaining. It's the way it has to be.
我不是在抱怨 只是事实如此
It's what I love to do.
这也是我所喜欢的
People's lives are in my hands,
我的手中掌握着他人的生死
and nothing is more important than that.
没有什么比这更重要了
So I don't watch TV, I don't read books,
所以我不看电视 不读书
I don't go to the farmers market,
不去农贸市场
and I'm not in a bowling league...
不参加保龄球社团...
because I can't afford distractions...
因为我不能受到干扰...
of any kind.
任何干扰都不行
But this cleared my mind the other day.
但是这里让我放空头脑
I worked better.
让我工作更有效率
And I liked what you taught me.
我喜欢你教我的东西
So...
所以...
I'm here.
我又来了
I'm choosing boxing as a distraction.
我选择拳击来放松自己
But that is the only distraction I am choosing.
但我只选择了这一种方式
Understand?
明白吗?
Understood.
明白了
We are boxing.
我们练拳击
So let's box.
让我们开打吧
Have you reached a unanimous verdict?
你们达成一致裁决了吗?
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
In the matter of United States vs. Isaiah West,
在美国诉以赛亚·韦斯特一案中
how do you find the defendant, Isaiah West,
陪审团认为被告以赛亚·韦斯特第一项罪名
on Count One, wire fraud?
电♥信♥欺诈罪是否成立?
Guilty.
成立
With respect to Count Two,
对于第二项指控
bribery of a public official,
向公职人员行贿罪
how do you find the defendant... guilty or not guilty?
陪审团认为被告人罪名是否成立?
Guilty.
成立
With respect to Count Three,
对于第三项指控
conspiracy to commit wire fraud,
预谋实施电♥信♥诈骗罪
how do you find the defendant... guilty or not guilty?
陪审团认为被告人罪名是否成立?
Guilty.
成立
Ride with me?
要和我一起吗?
You said something to me once. You said,
你曾经和我说过一句话 你说
"You don't celebrate people going to jail."
"你不为把人送进了监狱而庆祝"
I don't think I fully understood that until now.
我觉得直到今天 我才真正理解这句话
I can't go back up there.
我不能再上楼回去了
What are you doing? Hand Pulled Noodle House?
你在做什么? 去拉面馆吗?
I have some more work... to do.
我还有工作要做
Leonard.
雷纳德
You belong here.
你属于这里
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表