剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
最难攻克的证据
is a confession.
就是供认口供
It is why we have the Fifth Amendment.
这就是为什么我们需要宪法第五修正案
It is why we have Miranda rights.
为什么要有米兰达权利
It is the vast, immovable object
这也是我们这个案子中
in the middle of our case,
最为重要 不可撼动的目标
and there's no easy way over it
对此 我们无法轻易推♥翻♥它
or around it or underneath it.
绕过它 或者利用它
Our only real chance is removing it altogether.
我们唯一的机会 是彻底将它驱除
A Motion to Suppress.
证据禁止动议
Exactly.
没错
If we can get the confession thrown out,
如果我们能把这份口供排除
we can get Steve's case thrown out.
我们就能把案子解决
The case is the confession.
案件的根基在那份口供
So we attack the confession.
所以我们要向口供下手
Steve was read his Miranda rights.
史蒂夫被宣读了米兰达权利
He waived his right to an attorney.
他放弃了雇请律师的权利
But that doesn't mean the confession was voluntary.
但这并不意味着口供是自愿的
Our job now is to show that it wasn't.
我们的工作 是证明口供并非自愿
We treat the interrogation itself
我们要将审讯本身
like a crime. Yes.
看做一场犯罪 没错
Which means we start with the victim.
这意味着 我们要从受害者入手
I... I was so tired.
我...我当时好累
I know.
我知道
I felt like I was losing my mind.
我感觉自己脑子不清楚了
You were. That was the point.
是啊 这就是重点
Why? Why did they do this?
为什么? 他们为什么这么做?
Because somewhere in the beginning,
因为从一开始
they attached themselves to the idea you were it.
他们就预设了你是罪犯
From that point forward,
从那时开始
either they were gonna break or you were.
不是你崩溃 就是他们
I broke.
我崩溃了
Yeah, they got in my head, and I broke.
是啊 他们操控着我的想法 我崩溃了
A lot of people do, Steve,
很多人都会这样 史蒂夫
more than you can possibly imagine.
多到你不能想象
I don't want you to feel...
我不想让你觉得...
I confessed to a crime I did not commit.
我承认了自己并未犯过的罪行
I didn't kill that girl.
我没有杀害那女孩
I did not kill that girl.
我没有杀害那女孩
Steve...
史蒂夫...
I know how difficult this is,
我知道这很困难
but I need you to tell me
但我需要你告诉我
everything you can about the interrogation.
所有你知道的审讯情况
Everything.
所有
Okay, um...
好吧
The room was small.
那个房♥间很小
I felt like I-I couldn't move,
我感觉不能动
and there were all these people in there...
那些人都站在那里
the... the two detectives the whole time,
两个警探全程都在
but other cops coming in and out.
其他警♥察♥进进出出
It was hot.
非常热
I was hungry, thirsty.
我又饿又渴
I was hungover.
我宿醉了
E-Every time I asked for water,
每次我要水喝
they gave me a little cup.
他们就给我一小杯
Um... I mean, h-how many times
我是说 你敢管警♥察♥
are you gonna ask a cop for water?
总要水喝吗?
They... They told me that they had evidence,
他们说 他们有证据
not just witnesses.
不仅仅有证人
They had my prints.
他们有我的指纹
They brought in a forensics expert.
他们带了一个法医专家进来
He said all the marks on Ellie's neck
他说埃莉脖子上的指纹
fit my hands...
都和我相符...
a perfect match.
完全符合
He showed me the lab report.
他给我看了实验报告
That "Expert" was just a file clerk
那个"专家"只是警局的
in the police station.
一名文件管♥理♥员♥
The lab report was fake, too.
实验报告也是假的
And they... they... they kept saying
他们一直说
that they were going to help me,
他们会帮我的
and they... they said
他们还说
that I was in, uh, real trouble,
我遇上大♥麻♥烦了
but if I was honest, they could help.
但如果我老实的话 他们就会帮我
And I-I didn't know who to talk to.
我不知道在跟谁说话
I haven't seen my folks for years.
我很多年没见我的老伙计了
I was scared.
我很害怕
He was kicked out of his house when he was 14,
他14岁时被赶出家门
abusive stepfather, never finished high school.
他的继父暴虐成性 他高中肄业
He lives with his grandmother, who is sick,
和生病的祖母住在一起
but seems to be the only one
但他祖母似乎是唯一一个
who's ever cared about this kid.
关心过这个孩子的人
What ha... What happens now?
现在怎么办?
We pull all this together, we write a motion,
我们对材料进行整理 提出动议
we file it, we argue it,
提交材料 据理力争
and then we wait.
然后 我们等待
Yeah, I see that.
我看到了
It does look sawed and not chopped.
它的确像是被锯下来 而不是切下来的
Anyway, Kate, I watched the TSA footage.
无论如何 凯特 我看了运输安全管理局的录像
Yes, he's a little agitated,
他的确是有点烦躁
but I think the toe rolling on the ground
但我认为 滚落在地上的脚趾
got everybody worked up.
让大家都有点受惊
We're adding more charges.
我们要增加指控
What?! What...
什么?
W-What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Turns out all bodies donated to the UNY Medical School
我们发现 所有捐献给纽约大学
are done so with the explicit condition
医学院的尸体都被明确要求
that they will be used only by the university,
仅供学校方使用
not sold to third parties,
不得转卖♥♥给第三方
which means that in order to take and sell body parts
这就意味着 为了从校方获得
from the university,
再出♥卖♥♥♥身体部位
Doug must first have stolen them,
道格首先要把它们偷出来
ergo... Ergo?
有鉴于此... 有鉴于此?
Ergo, we will be adding
有鉴于此 我们将增加
transportation of stolen goods over state lines.
通过国道运输盗窃赃物的指控
What was that?
你那边怎么了?
Nothing, I'm fine.
没事 我很好
Can you just hang on a few hours, will you?
你能等几小时吗?
Just let me talk to Doug.
让我和道格谈谈
Stealing?
盗窃?
No.
没有的事
This is my job.
那是我的工作
Did they talk to Pete Dolan?
他们和皮特·多兰谈了吗?
W-Who's Pete Dolan?
谁是皮特·多兰?
He's in charge of
他负责管理
the Willed Bodies Department at UNY.
纽约大学的志愿捐赠遗体部门
Yeah, he'd tell me what to cut,
他告诉我切下什么
where to bring it,
带到什么地方
then he'd pay me every week,
在我从杰罗姆那里
right after I bring him
拿到支票并给他后
the cashier's checks from Jerome.
他再给我按周付薪
Jerome? Jerome Kaplan.
杰罗姆? 杰罗姆·卡普兰
He works at Cryogive Tissue Bank...
他在人体组织冷冻银行工作
provides human remains
那里提供用于
for medical and commercial research purposes.
医疗和商业研究目的的遗体
He's our primary buyer.
他是我们主要的买♥♥家
Pete and Jerome go way back.
皮特和杰罗姆是老交情了
Ha, they do, huh?
是吗?
So you carried body parts from Dolan to Kaplan,
所以你把人体部位从多兰那里运送给卡普兰
and cashier's checks back from Kaplan to Dolan?
再把支票从卡普兰那里带给多兰?
And you got your cut in cash?
而你能收到现金付款?
20%.
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表