剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
I'm not a normal public defender.
我也不是个普通的公设律师啊
This client is a federal inmate.
这次的委托人是联邦监狱的犯人
I meet my clients in jail all the time.
我一直都在监狱跟委托人见面啊
Federa prison. Otisville, not the MCC.
联邦监狱 在奥特斯维尔 不是大都会
Federal prison is different.
联邦监狱不一样
I'm a city kid, Jill. I can handle this.
我是在市区长大的 吉尔 我可以的
How do I get to Otisville?
我该怎么去奥特斯维尔?
Mr. Knox.
诺克斯先生
Ms. Littlejohn. No.
李特琼女士 不要
Ah, respect.
不好意思
But it's Leonard, Kate, and Phil from this point forward.
之后叫雷纳德 凯特和菲尔就好
And thank you for coming to me.
感谢你们过来
I know it's highly irregular, but couldn't be avoided.
虽然很不寻常 但是实在事出有因
Y'all like pie?
大家要来点派吗?
Mmm. My wife, Cheryl...
我妻子 谢丽尔...
The smell of sweet potato pie really brightens her up.
红薯派的味道能点亮她的心情
Is she okay?
她还好吗?
No concussion. Back's a little stiff.
没有脑震荡 背部受了一点伤
She was lucky.
她很幸运
And she's got a good lawyer.
而且有一位好律师
Sir... Phil.
先生... 叫我菲尔就行
We should talk. Of course.
我们得谈谈 当然了
I will personally escort him to you,
我会亲自把他带到你那
but we enter through the back of the building.
但要从楼的后门进去
No agents, no press.
不带保镖 没有媒体
We'd prefer if a few plain-clothed agents
我们更希望有几个便衣保镖
escort Isaiah from his home.
能从家里护送以赛亚过去
The paparazzi camp out in his building
狗仔队都在他的楼里安营扎寨了
because of all the high-profile people that live there.
因为高层人士都住在那栋楼
There will be an overanalyzed photograph,
到时候照片会被过度解读
and we can't afford that.
我们可承担不起后果
Fine.
好吧
No agents. And no leaks. There'll be no press.
没有保镖 也不能泄露消息 现场不设媒体
It's nice to work with reasonable prosecutors.
和讲理的检察官合作 真是不错
So, Monday, noon.
那就定下周一 中午
Tuesday would be better.
星期二可能更好一些
His daughter Goldie... She just turned 5.
他的女儿高蒂...刚过五岁生日
Unbelievably cute.
可爱极了
She has her first ballet recital monday night.
她星期一晚上要进行第一场芭蕾演出
We conceded everything else. We're not conceding on the day.
其他一切都可以让步 唯独时间不行
Isaiah will surrender his passport.
以赛亚会上交护照
He wants to face these charges.
他愿意直面指控
Just not until Tuesday.
只不过是延到周二
You're trying to make me care about things I don't care about.
你在逼我在意一些本来不在乎的东西
He can't miss that recital.
他不能错过演出
And I need him in on Monday.
我周一就要见到他的人
Kate, why don't we have some pie?
凯特 吃点派吧?
See if we can't... change Leonard's mind.
看看能不能...说服雷纳德
You ate his pie, and now his client
你吃了他的派 所以现在他的委托人
gets to come in the back door?
就可以从后门进去吗?
On Tuesday?
而且是周二?
When I and the FBI explicitly told you Monday?
我跟联调局都明确告诉你要周一了
West already surrendered his passport.
韦斯特已经把护照上交了
He's got two G5s.
他有两架私人飞机
We will have him in custody on Tuesday. That's what matters.
我们能在星期二拘留他 这才是重点
You know what matters? Perception.
你知道什么是重点吗? 洞察力
And now the perception is,
现在我的洞察力告诉我
if you are a billionaire with a fancy attorney,
如果你是亿万富翁 带着大名鼎鼎的律师
the U.S. government will polish your shoes for you.
美国政♥府♥都会来给你擦鞋
What was wrong with his wife this time?
他妻子是怎么了?
Flu? Minor car accident?
感冒? 小小的车祸?
A fender bender.
轻微车祸
I mean, hey, you're not alone.
你不是第一个
The city is littered with prosecutors
这座城市到处都是
who have been felled by the smell of Kaws's pie.
被考斯的美味甜派击倒的检察官
Sir, I...
先生 我...
You ate his pie!
你吃他的派了!
Your Honor, the defendant, Isaiah West,
法官大人 被告人 以赛亚·韦斯特
is charged with four counts of wire fraud
被指控犯有四项电汇诈骗罪
and seven counts of bribery of a public official.
和七项贿赂公职人员罪
As set forth in the indictment,
如起诉书所述
Mr. West engaged in a sophisticated...
韦斯特先生参与了一起复杂的...
He has the indictment right there in front of him, Mr. Knox.
起诉书就在他的面前 诺克斯先生
I think we can move this along.
我们可以跳过这部分
Your Honor, always a pleasure to be in your court.
法官大人 我很高兴能与您合作
We're asking that Mr. West
我们恳求韦斯特先生
be released on his own recognizance.
经自付保证金后被释放
He's a flight risk. He surrendered his passport.
他存在潜逃风险 他上交了护照
He has two private planes.
他拥有两架私人飞机
And where's he gonna land them? The moon?
他能在哪儿着陆呢? 月球吗?
I believe they might have that capacity, Your Honor.
我相信他们有这种能力 法官大人
This is a nonviolent offense.
这是一起非暴♥力♥案件
Which is only one factor to consider.
这只是我们要考虑的一个因素
He also poses no threat to the community,
同时他也不对社会造成任何威胁
which is another factor.
这是另一个因素
Should we go through all of them?
我们要全部过一遍吗?
Okay. Great. You two done?
好了 二位说完了吗?
Bail is set at $1 million.
保释金为一百万美元
The government also requests home detention.
控方要求他被软禁在家
Uh, Your Honor, if I may,
法官大人 请允许我说两句
Mr. West is scheduled to appear
韦斯特先生原定于本周出席
at the I Have A Dream Foundation in Washington, D.C., this week,
位于华盛顿的"我有一个梦想"基金会组织的晚宴
where he's being honored as one of their annual Dream Holders.
他作为"年度梦想家"被邀请参加
I contacted the I Have A Dream Foundation
我已经就此事
in advance of this hearing.
和该基金会沟通过
As Mr. West's honor was bestowed
他被授予该称号♥
primarily because of his generous financial donation,
完全是由于他充足的捐款
which the Foundation has now decided to return,
目前基金会决定将这一大笔捐款退回
pending clarification of Mr. West's pecuniary ethics,
在韦斯特先生没有证明其金钱来源合法之前
he is no longer being honored as one of their Dream Holders.
他将不再被授予"梦想家"称号♥
I'm sorry to interrupt, Mr. Kaws.
抱歉打断了你 考斯先生
I just thought we could move this along.
我只是觉得 我们可以结束了
I'll agree to home detention.
我将批准禁足要求
We're in recess.
休庭
Nice work. I know.
干得漂亮 我知道
You ready to talk deal?
你准备好做交易了吗?
Depends.
看情况
You coming to me?
你来找我吧?
Probation? $25 million fine?
缓刑? 2500万美元罚款?
What's $25 million to someone worth $2.5 billion?
身价25亿的人会在乎这点钱么?
Well, I believe it's still $25 million.
但是这也很多了
With no jail time. The government needs a deterrent.
然而不会去坐牢 政♥府♥需要杀鸡儆猴
Well, who are you trying to deter?
你们想要警告谁呢?
All the developers that do this all the time?
所有做房♥地♥产♥的开♥发♥商?
Here's an idea for a deterrent...
我来告诉你怎么警告他们比较好
prosecute them.
起诉他们
I will.
我会的
But your client could go to jail for 20 years.
不过你的委托人可能获刑20年
Because of excessive and redundant charging,
因为你们冗长无节制的指控
which might appear
这看上去
as if the government is out to get Isaiah.
像是政♥府♥想让以赛亚倒台
You know, if I didn't like you,
你知道吗 如果不是我喜欢你
I might... start saying as much in the press.
我可能..要开始找媒体做文章了
For the whole world to hear.
让全世界人♥民♥都看到
Every... potential... juror.
每一个...潜在的陪审员
You know, Isaiah is beloved in this city.
要知道 以赛亚在这座城市受人爱戴
He was born and raised in Brownsville.
他是土生土长的布朗斯维尔人
I can accept five years, $5 million fine,
5年监禁 500万美元罚款
with 5 years supervised release.
并且有5年的监视
Five years supervised release?
5年监视?
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表