剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
A bodyguard? Yes.
保镖? 是的
Why do I need a bodyguard?
我为什么需要保镖?
'Cause they're gonna try to kill you.
因为他们会想尽办法把你杀掉的
Kill me?! Yes.
把我杀掉?! 是的
You didn't mention anything about that!
你之前可没提过这个!
Really? IIs that why Rosen isn't on the case?
是吗? 罗森是不是因为这个才不干了?
Well, Rosen has a kid and a wife.
罗森有孩子 还有老婆
He has a lot to live for.
家里需要他
You'll probably be fine, though. Right?
你没什么大事的 是吧?
Sure.
当然了
I need to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
Listen.
是这样的
I told her.
我告诉她了
That I know about her and Roger.
说我知道她和罗杰的事
You told me not to, but I did.
你叫我不要跟她说 我还是说了
I didn't tell you not to. I told you I wouldn't.
我没说不让你去 我是说我不会那么做
Well, I did.
但是 我那么做了
Because what she's doing is wrong
因为她在做错的事
and I think she needs to end it.
我觉得她该结束这一切了
Okay. You don't have to convince me.
行 你不用说服我
You got me the swatting report. I just thought you should know.
你告诉了我特假警的事 我觉得该告诉你
Jill's been good to me.
吉尔对我很好
Really good to me when I needed it.
在我最需要时帮了我
I'm not neutral on Jill.
对待吉尔 我做不到客观
But I'm not neutral on you, either,
但我对你也一样
which I think you know.
我想你也了解
If you believe this is the right thing to do,
如果你坚信这样是正确的
then I'm with you.
我会站在你这边
Chief of the Criminal Division and the Federal Public Defender.
刑事罪案处负责人与联邦公设律师的恋情
I can see why you're here.
我明白你为什么来这了
Is there any way around this, Judge?
法官 事情还有转圜的余地吗?
Not if you want to keep your jobs.
想保住工作的话 没有
Look, if you were a client in your office
想象一下 如果你是当事人
and you found this out, how would you feel?
发现了这一切 你感觉如何?
What would you think?
你会怎么想?
If we lived in a different time, I might answer differently.
如果我们不生活在这个时代 答案或许不同
But we're all that's left now.
但时间流逝 只留下我们
This. Us.
这一切 还有我们
An independent judicial system.
一套独♥立♥的司法系统
We're the last fortification against tyranny,
我们是对抗暴♥政♥的最后一道防线
and it's not the marble around here that's gonna protect us.
可以保护我们的并不是这些大理石
It's our integrity.
是我们的正直
In the eyes of others.
别人眼里看到的 我们的正直
That's all we have.
我们只有这些了
I'm sorry, Jill.
我很抱歉 吉尔
Hey. How's it going?
嗨 过得如何?
Really bizarre day.
乱七八糟的一天
Who are you? Oh, Jay, this is Gabe.
你是哪位? 杰 这是加布
He's gonna be staying with us for a while.
他要和我们住几天
What? I have a case in which
啥? 我在负责一个
I could be killed.
我可能会被谋杀的案子
You could be, too. Are you serious?
你也一样 你认真的吗?
I don't know. Could he?
不知道啊 他会吗?
Sure.
当然
What the hell?! That was my dinner!
你干嘛呀? 那可是我的晚饭!
It smelled like poison.
闻起来像毒药
See. He's here for both of us.
看到了吧 他同时保护咱俩呢
Good night, Jay!
晚安 杰!
Good night, Gabe.
晚安 加布
Why does he have a new lawyer? Because whoever is paying him
他为什么找了位新律师? 因为花钱雇他扰乱选举的人
to disrupt this election wants to control his defense
想要控制他的辩护过程
so he doesn't talk.
所以他现在不说话
Look, this isn't our case anymore,
这案子不归我们管了
so I can express an opinion here.
所以我要讲一下个人观点
I hope you guys pursue this.
我希望你们能全力以赴
Plus one. Oh, we will.
我也是 我们会的
We can still bring the weight of the government down on him.
我们可以继续拿政♥府♥来向他施压
I'm not sure how much putting pressure on him will even help.
我可不确定压到什么程度才有效果
Harley's the key. Or maybe this new lawyer is.
哈利就是关键 也许新律师才是
Why do you say that? How much does Harley even know
何出此言呢? 哈利对整个事件的操作
about this whole operation? I'm guessing he's a stooge.
又了解多少呢? 我猜他只不过是个走卒而已
Based on my time with him, I think that's a good guess.
从我和他的接触来看 你猜得很有道理
But if we figure out who this new lawyer is,
但如果我们能搞清楚新律师是谁
we might be able to unravel this.
也许能解开谜团
They might have given us a gift here.
他们可能给我们留了线索呢
Okay. So who is this new lawyer?
好吧 新律师是谁?
Bob Dickerson. Sorry I'm late.
鲍勃·迪克森 不好意思我来晚了
He's a partner at Walsh Gates, where he represents
沃尔什盖茨律所的合伙人之一
multiple high-ranking government officials who serve
他代理了美国进步联盟中
on the Board of the Alliance for American Advancement,
多位身居高位的政要
a "Pro-business" Advocacy group that was responsible
这就是雇佣哈利·坎普
for paying Harley Kemp to harass my parents.
恐吓我爸妈的那组织
I was up all night 'cause Seth's bodyguard was snoring,
赛斯的保镖打呼噜 我一晚上没睡着
but I found the time unusually productive.
但效率可是出奇的高
Oh, so gross. Can you run through this again?
太恶心了 你能再过一遍吗?
Okay, the Alliance for American Advancement claims
行 美国进步联盟
to be a responsible non-profit which raises money
自称是一家非营利组织
for "Issue advocacy."
负责为"项目促进"事宜筹款
Deregulation, tax cuts, that sort of thing.
放松管制 减税之类的东西
But, in fact, it's a front for voter suppression
但事实上 它利用联♥系♥紧密的律师网
that uses well-connected lawyers
还有一系列精巧的皮包公♥司♥
and a series of artfully named shell companies...
走在压制选民的第一线
VoteSafe, the Voter Sanctity Project,
例如 "安全选举" "神圣选民计划"
the Voter Justice League...
选民正义联盟等等...
to pay people like Harley to intimidate voters.
去雇佣哈利那样的人来恐吓选民
These companies fund lawsuits
这些公♥司♥为诉讼提供资助
to purge legitimate voters from the rolls
把合法选民清出选举环节
and media campaigns to scare voters.
还为媒体宣传出钱 来吓唬选民
People of color. Poor people.
有色群体 贫困人群
Brand-new citizens. People like my mom and dad.
新加入的公民 像我爸妈这种
So who do we go after?
所以我们要调查谁?
Who's running the Alliance?
是谁主管联盟?
Thorne Spiller. I did a little digging, too.
索恩·斯皮勒 我也做了些调查
Spiller started off as a political operative.
斯皮勒以政界幕僚起家
Smear campaigns. Dirty tricks.
给对手抹抹黑 耍点卑鄙的小伎俩
Then he graduated to corporate espionage.
之后摇身一变去了公♥司♥当卧底
Now suppression of votes.
现在开始压制选民了
So Spiller runs the Alliance,
所以是斯皮勒在经营联盟
which uses shell companies to pay the Harleys.
用皮包公♥司♥雇佣了哈利
What do we charge Spiller with?
那我们以什么罪名起诉斯皮勒?
We can't get him on voter intimidation directly...
我们没办法直接给他扣上恐吓选民的帽子...
and even if we could, that wouldn't be enough
哪怕可以 也不足以把这样一场
to bring down an elaborate operation like this.
精心策划的行动一举歼灭
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
你们跟我想到一块了吗?
Unlikely.
不太可能
RICO?
《反诈腐集团犯罪法》?
Yes, the same racketeering statute
没错 这部旨在惩治黑帮的法律
they use to take down the mob
现在也可以用来
can be used to take down a voter-suppression cabal.
惩处压制选民的违法组织
Spiller told donors to the Alliance
斯皮勒告诉联盟的出资人
that their money would be used for one thing,
他们的钱被用在了何处
but it was used for another.
但事实并非如此
Any funds they sent anywhere at that point were fraudulent,
因此他们告知的每一笔筹款去向 都是在欺诈
which means RICO laws apply.
《反诈腐集团犯罪法》就有了用武之地
Which has never been tried in this context.
它可从来没被这样适用过
Well, we're not trying it now.
这正是我们现在要做的
We know it's uphill...
我们知道这不容易...
You don't know the half of it.
你们不知道
All voting cases are supposed to be prosecuted
选举案件理论上都应该
by the Justice Department.
由司法部来起诉
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表