剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
That is absolutely your right,
这完全是你的权利
but I have to advise you,
但我要告知你
there will be some real challenges, given...
到时候会有很多挑战....
I mean, how can they tell what I pick up
他们怎么能在一段模糊的视频里看清
in a grainy video?
我从地上捡起了什么?
It's not actually that grainy.
其实并不那么模糊
Maybe I picked up a rock.
也许我捡起了一块石头
Maybe. Or maybe it was yellow and bounced like a tennis ball.
也许吧 但也有可能是一枚黄色的 像网球一样的东西
And these drugs are in my cell?
还有在我牢房♥里的毒品?
Says who?
谁说的?
The prison guard. He is who says that.
狱警 他指证的
This court doesn't even have jurisdiction over me anyways.
这个法庭甚至根本没有管辖权
I really don't think we have a jurisdictional argument.
我觉得我们不需要抗辩管辖权
Under the UCC, we do.
依据UCC 我们可以
The Uniform Commercial Code?
《统一商法》?
Maybe the FCC?
或者是FCC?
Or the UFC.
也有可能是UFC
That could be it. That's not it.
有可能是 根本没这玩意
Why... Why are you...
你这是怎么了...
I just know that my lawyer thinks
我只知道 我的律师觉得
that I'll get acquitted if we go to trial.
如果我们上庭的话 我会被定无罪的
Your lawyer?
你的律师?
I am your lawyer.
我就是你的律师
Yeah. Of course.
是啊 当然
But I picked up inside counsel, too.
但是我也找了个内部法律顾问
Inside where?
哪儿的内部?
Here. This prison.
这儿 这座监狱
I got lucky.
我走运了
Randy Stanton agreed to take my case.
兰迪·斯坦顿决定接我的案子了
Who the hell is...
谁是...
Randy Stanton. Nice to meet you.
兰迪·斯坦顿 很高兴认识你
I'd shake, but, uh... I understand.
我想握手的 但是... 我明白
You're eyeing my sneakers.
你在瞄我的球鞋
Air Force 1s... classics.
空军一号♥系列... 经典款
I have no idea what they are, but they are blindingly white.
我完全不知道你在说什么 但是它们白得刺眼
Like, so white. Like, how do you keep sneakers that white?
太白了 你怎么让球鞋保持那么干净?
You're from New York?
你来自纽约?
I had some questions about my client,
我有些关于我当事人的问题
whom I hear you've been advising.
我听说你在给他提建议
Herbert's a sweet kid.
赫伯特是个好孩子
Just needed some help with his trial strategy.
只是需要有人给他指点一下庭审策略
You see, that's the thing.
你瞧 问题就在这
There isn't any trial strategy
不会有任何庭审策略
because if we go to trial, we will lose.
因为如果我们上庭 我们会输的
Certainly with that attitude.
凭这种态度当然赢不了
Listen, I can coach you through the precedents
听着 我可以指导你过一遍
we'll be citing on our client's behalf.
我们的当事人将引用的判决先例
My client...
是我的当事人...
You don't have to be threatened by me.
你不需要感到受我威胁
Threatened?
受你威胁?
We're just two lawyers strategizing.
我们只是两个律师在讨论战略
Oh, you're a lawyer! Technically?
噢 你是个律师! 理论上讲?
You're either a lawyer or you're not a lawyer.
你要么就是个律师 要么就不是
I practice law.
我从事法律工作
I educated myself in the prison law library.
我在监狱的法律图书馆自学的
25 years of studying, as opposed to 3.
学了25年 而不是3年哦
Not quite the same as attending law school
这和上过法学院 由受到认可的
taught by accredited legal professionals.
专业法律人士授课还是有点区别的
You're right.
你说的对
I'm also not buried in so many student loans
我不像你身负沉重的学生贷款
that I have to live with my parents.
以至于还要和父母一起住
I don't live with my parents.
我不和我父母一起住
Anymore.
不再了
For, like, weeks.
已经好几周了
A week.
一周
Feels like much, much longer.
感觉要更长一点
How did you know I lived with my parents?
你怎么知道我以前和我父母一起住?
I was just highlighting a particular type of experience.
我只是归纳出了一种特定的经历
Listen, the strategies you filled Herbert's head with
听着 你往赫伯特脑袋里灌输的策略
will not work.
是行不通的
Trust me. I know this prosecutor.
相信我 我认识这个检察官
And Herbert has to flip on someone,
赫伯特必须要指证别的人
or he will be here for years
不然他就要在这里待上几年
instead of a few more months.
而不是几个月
The world out there is very different.
外面的世界完全不一样
You want me to...
你想让我...
You have to talk to Herbert.
你一定要和赫伯特谈谈
Giving the government something is his only way out of this.
给政♥府♥一些信息是他唯一的出路
I'll talk to him.
我会和他谈谈的
If I were Kaws, and also because
如果我是考斯 并且鉴于
I'm the only one here who worked at a big firm...
我是这里唯一在大律所工作过的人...
Midsized firm. Bigger firm.
中等规模律所 稍大点的律所
I would want to separate Isaiah from the rest of the company,
我会想把以赛亚和公♥司♥区分开来
say Isaiah had no clue what was happening underneath him.
说以赛亚完全不知道在他手下都发生了什么
We have multiple credible witnesses who are going to testify
我们有多位可靠的证人会指证
that Isaiah was overseeing this entire effort.
以赛亚监督了整个活动
The assemblyman's aide personally saw Isaiah make an ask.
那位议员助理亲眼见到以赛亚行贿
So why isn't Kaws having Isaiah take a deal?
那为什么考斯不肯让以赛亚接受协议呢?
He can't... guys like this promise their celebrity clients
他不能 像他这样的人会向他们的名流客户保证
they can get them off, no problem.
他们将轻轻松松让当事人无罪释放
There's no benefit to Kaws settling.
和解对考斯来说没有任何好处
If he wins, he's a magician.
如果他赢了 他就是魔术师
If he loses, the case was unwinnable.
如果他输了 那么案子是赢不了的
Mr. Knox?
诺克斯先生?
Just put it on the desk.
放在桌子上就行了
Whoa, whoa! What's all this?
哇 等等! 这都是什么?
Is it cool if I just leave the other cart outside your door?
我把另外那车文件放在门外可以吗?
Sure.
行
They're motions from the defense...
这些是被告发来的动议...
dozens and dozens of motions.
成打成打的动议
A Motion to Suppress.
一份证据禁止动议
A Motion to Change Venue.
一份变更地点的动议
A Motion to Compel.
一份强制令动议
A Motion in Limine to exclude.
一份庭前排除的动议
A Motion in Limine to admit.
一份庭前提交的动议
I'm gonna have to argue every single one of these,
我得抗辩这里每一份动议
even though most of them are baseless.
即使它们大部分都毫无依据
At least now we know what Kaws' strategy is...
至少我们现在知道 考斯的策略是什么了...
to wear us out.
消耗战
Tell me what we got.
告诉我进展如何了
Your Honor, the defense's Motion to Change Venue
法官阁下 辩方改变地点的动议
is entirely baseless.
是毫无依据的
We obviously disagree, Your Honor,
我方显然不同意 法官阁下
but in light of new discovery provided by the prosecution,
但是鉴于检方提供的新证据
we'd like a day's recess to better prepare our argument
辩方希望可以休庭一天 以更好地准备我们的辩护
and revise the motion.
并修正这份动议
Your Honor, the defense's motion
法官阁下 辩方动议的
is based on the type of paper used
依据是我方提交的证据中
to copy the defendant's bank statements
用来复印被告人银行对账单
that we've entered into evidence.
所使用的纸张
It's junk.
这就是扯淡
The defense has conferred with
辩方已经同多位纸张专家
and is prepared to call several paper experts
商谈过 并准备传召他们出庭
who can testify to the high probability of inaccuracies
他们可以作证当印刷文件副本时
when facsimiles are created on paper
会有很大可能性造成误差
as low-caliber as the kind the government utilizes.
尤其是像控方所使用的这种低质量的纸张
Motion denied.
动议驳回
Our witness's private posts
我方证人发表在
in his fantasy football league are irrelevant.
梦幻橄榄球联盟上的个人帖子与本案不相关
Your Honor, first and foremost, fantasy football
法官阁下 首先要说明的是 梦幻橄榄球
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表