剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
no time to think let alone prepare.
没有时间思考和准备什么
You put your strongest argument on paper,
你把最强有力的论点写在纸上
you staple it,
订在一起
and hand it out to everyone in that room,
发给会场的每一个人
it doesn't matter what they want that meeting to be about.
他们开会想说什么并不重要
Your handouts drive the agenda.
你的小册子引导会议进程
Handouts.
小册子
Never fails.
百试百灵
Madame Ambassador, my name is Roger Gunn.
大使女士 我叫罗杰·冈恩
This is Assistant Attorney General Hodder,
这位是首席检察官助理霍德
and you know Assistant Secretary of State Clive Carrick.
这是国务卿助理克莱夫·加里克
Uh, we're here...
我们相聚在这里…
Who is that?
那是谁?
He works in my office. What are you doing?
他在我办公室工作 你干什么呢?
Driving the agenda.
引导议程
Madame Ambassador, as you know,
大使女士 正如你所知
we are humbly requesting Transnistria
我们诚恳地请求德涅斯特河沿岸共和国
to waive immunity for Mr. Adrian Carpov.
放弃对艾德里安·卡波夫的豁免权
We understand this is an exceptional request,
我们知道 这是个不同寻常的请求
but these are exceptional circumstances.
但是非常情况 非常对待
I mean no disrespect to you or your great nation,
我无意对您和您伟大的国家不敬
but Mr. Carpov has repeatedly and flagrantly
但是卡波夫先生屡次
violated the norms of civil conduct.
严重违反相关法律规定
Those are just Mr. Carpov's reported crimes.
这是卡波夫先生的犯罪记录
And I hope you don't mind...
希望您不要介意
I summarized a history of assaults on page 4,
我在第4页总结了他的故意伤人史
and there's also an overview
在第5页还有
of the illegal gaming on page 5.
非法赌博情况概览
I had no idea.
我完全不知情
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
谢谢你的提醒
Of course we'll waive immunity.
我们当然会放弃他的豁免权
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you, uh, very much, Madame Ambassador.
非常感谢 大使夫人
Congratulations, Oliver.
恭喜你 奥利弗
Yes, congratulations. Thank you.
是啊 恭喜 谢谢
Way to screw that up in there.
搞砸得真彻底
Sorry?
什么?
They waived immunity.
他们放弃了豁免权
Of course they waived immunity.
他们当然放弃了豁免权
Adrian's crimes are a PR nightmare for Transnistria.
艾德里安的罪行对他们来说是个公♥关♥噩梦
So they say, "Go ahead, prosecute him",
所以他们说 "去吧 起诉他"
knowing we never will.
明知我们永远不会
But we will.
但我们会的
But we will not. You will not.
但我们不会 你不会
Why not?
为什么不?
Adrian Carpov is a genuinely horrible person
艾德里安·卡波夫是一个很糟糕的人
and a criminal, yes.
还是个罪犯 没错
But literally on dozens of issues,
但是在几十项议题上
he advocates for us to his otherwise
他帮我们游说他那位
very anti-American prime minister.
非常反美的首相
Patent law harmonization, seabird conservation,
专利法一致化 海鸟保护
disposition of looted gold...
被夺黄金的处置
Are we talking about the same guy?
我们说的是同一个人吗?
When we're one vote short at an international summit,
当我们在国际峰会上少一票的时候
when we need an ally in the Eastern Bloc,
当我们在东方集团需要一个盟友的时候
Adrian talks to his prime minister and gets it done.
艾德里安会跟他的首相谈话 搞定那一票
Why does he help us?
他为什么要帮我们?
I don't know.
我不知道
I think it's because he likes New York
我觉得是因为他喜欢纽约
and Cognac and strippers and free parking.
白兰地 脱衣舞娘和免费泊车
And I don't care.
对此我不在乎
I'm sorry about the ATF agent, I am,
我为那个烟酒火器管理局的探员感到遗憾 真的
but small price to pay.
但那是个很小的代价
You care more about the disposition of looted gold
相比一个联邦探员的生命
than the life of a federal agent?
你更在乎被夺黄金的处置?
I care about the long-term interests of the United States.
我在乎的是美国的长远利益
What are you saying exactly?
你们到底想说什么?
I'm saying we need Adrian Carpov.
我想说我们需要艾德里安·卡波夫
I'm saying Adrian Carpov isn't going to jail.
艾德里安·卡波夫不能进监狱
Doesn't matter if Transnistria waives immunity.
不论德涅斯特河沿岸共和国放弃豁免权与否
You need Washington's approval to charge any diplomat,
你们需要华盛顿高层的批准来起诉任何外交官
and we don't approve charges against Adrian Carpov.
而我们不批准对艾德里安·卡波夫的指控
Trans... nistria?
德涅...斯特河?
Don't. Just try to relax.
别这样 试着放松就好
And that's it?
那就这样了吗?
It's over?
结束了?
He attacked me!
他袭击了我!
With Cognac!
用白兰地!
This is coming down from State.
这是来自国♥务♥院♥的命令
Justice.
还有司法部
Above all our heads.
我们都管不了
If Carpov were anyone else,
如果卡波夫是其他任何人
we'd prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.
我们都会尽最大可能依法起诉他
I was gonna try this myself.
我很想让这案子上庭的
I can see how disappointed you are.
我看得出来你有多失望
I...I... I mean, yes.
我...我是说 是的
Yes.
是的
The doctors say the leak in the lining of my lung
医生说我肺黏膜上的洞
is healing okay.
恢复得不错
It's my neck that's the problem.
我的脖子才是主要问题
They call it an atlantoaxial fracture,
他们叫它寰枢椎骨折
high up my spine.
在我脊柱上部
It might never be good as new.
它可能永远不能恢复如初了
If I can't go back in the field, that's one thing.
我能否回归外勤是一个问题
But I keep thinking, when the baby comes...
但我止不住在想 当我的孩子出生后...
will I ever be able to toss him a ball?
我还能和他一起玩球吗?
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
My case was just dismissed.
我的案子刚刚被驳回了
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thrown out entirely.
整个被撤回了
I'm happy for you.
我替你开心
As in no more case. Oh.
也就是这案子不存在了
Thanks for spelling that out for me.
谢谢你为我解释清楚
Your route is magical, like some kind of...
你的路线真是神奇 就像是...
yellow brick road. I hate to break it to you,
金砖之路 我不想打击你
but the road has potholes.
但是那条路是有坑的
I just got killed in there.
我刚刚在里面输得一败涂地
What?
什么?
You stole Allison's route?
你偷走了艾莉森的路线?
Uh, I thought we could share it.
我以为我们可以共享它
Share it?
共享它?
Don't tell me you believe in
别告诉我你也相信
these ridiculous superstitions, too.
这些可笑的迷信
I believe in the scientific studies
我相信科学研究
that say rituals reduce anxiety,
而研究表明仪式感减少内心焦虑
make people perform better.
让人们有更佳的表现
I believe in my decades of observing, first-hand,
我相信我这几十年来亲眼观察到的
what happens when people break those rituals or steal them.
当人们打破或偷走这些仪式时 会发生什么?
What happens when you steal them?
如果你偷走了它们会怎样?
Stephen Somersby.
史蒂芬·萨默斯比
One of the best litigators in this city.
本市最好的诉讼律师之一
Never lost a trial in 17 years,
17年间从未输过一场庭审
all because of the blue ink in a single Bic pen
全是因为装在他左胸口袋里的
that he carried in his left breast pocket.
那一支蓝色钢笔
Then, one day, his partner,
然后有一天 他的合伙人
who was on a losing streak, borrows the pen and...
一个官司连败的人借了他的笔 然后...
Well, Stephen's happy making cheese in Vermont.
史蒂芬现在正在佛蒙特州 开心地做奶酪呢
Just a different life now, you know?
过着完全不同的生活了 明白了吧?
I'm on it, Allison.
交给我 艾莉森
I will fix this.
我会解决这事的
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表