剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
as part of Operation Friendship?
他将用什么方式影响那些项目决策人?
Yes.
说过
He spoke about in-kind gifts,
他提到过赠送现金
as well as cash disbursements.
以及非现金的礼物
You were fired by Mr. West, correct?
您被韦斯特先生辞退了 是吗?
We had a disagreement.
我们意见不一致
Yes or no?
回答是或者不是?
Yes.
是的
Where do you work now, Mr. Ogoff?
您现在在哪里工作 奥戈夫先生?
At Lakesea Development.
在雷克西房♥地♥产♥公♥司♥
A competitor of Mr. West's.
是韦斯特先生的竞争对手
Yes. Isn't it true, Mr. Ogoff,
是的 奥戈夫先生
that Lakesea Development has been cited
雷克西房♥地♥产♥公♥司♥
by the Department of Housing and Urban Development
是否因种族歧视
14 times for racial discrimination
和其他违反《公平住房♥法案》的行为
and other violations of the Fair Housing Act?
十四次被住房♥和城市发展部传讯?
Objection!
反对!
Why is Herbert in solitary?
赫伯特为什么被禁闭?
Threw his dinner at a guard.
他往狱警身上扔食物
Herbert? He had to get in the SHU.
赫伯特吗? 他必须要去禁闭室
You told Herbert to throw his food at the guards?
是你让赫伯特往狱警身上扔食物的?
No. I told him he had to get in the SHU by any means necessary.
没有 我告诉他必须不择手段进入禁闭室
Client discretion.
当事人自♥由♥裁量
Some guys steal, some guys shank.
有的偷东西 有的打人
You just don't get it, do you?
你完全理解不了 是不是?
I'm trying. I really am trying.
我在尽力去理解 我真的在尽力
How many defendants have you had in federal prison?
你有多少被告是在联邦监狱里的?
I don't usually like to talk about past cases.
我不是很喜欢谈论过去的案子
So none.
所以 一个都没有
I've had hundreds.
我有过几百个
You have any idea why
你知道控方为什么
the government overcharged Herbert for a few grams of meth?
为了几克的毒品就起诉赫伯特那么重的罪吗?
Because they thought his original sentence was too light.
因为他们认为他原本的判罚太轻了
I know this stuff.
我知道这种事情
They're trying to squeeze Herbert.
他们试图压榨赫伯特
The bosses in here know this, too.
这里的大佬们也知道这件事
They've been circling Herbert, knives out,
自从你进了这个门
since you came through the door.
他们就拔出刀子 围住了赫伯特
Okay.
好吧
So...
那...
what do we do?
我们要做什么呢?
All of a sudden, it's "we"?
一下子 就成了"我们"了?
Like you said, bud, life is different out there.
正如你说的 你们这里完全是另一个世界
I did what I could to help my client in here.
我尽我所能 帮助我的当事人
He's still gonna face four more years in prison.
他还要在狱里度过四年
But at least he'll be alive.
但至少他还可以活着
What kind of life is that?
那是一种怎样的生活?
I've been in here 25 years, and I'm never leaving.
我在这里度过了25年 而且还会一直在这里
Herbert will have to figure it out,
赫伯特必须要像我一样
just like I did.
想出办法
You're stealing my moves.
你在盗用我的动作
I wish I would have known. We could have coordinated.
你应该告诉我的 我们可以一起彩排
I did a dress rehearsal in the courtroom
在我第一次重要审判的前夜
the night before my first big trial.
我在法庭内进行了带妆模拟彩排
State vs. Montgomery, 1986.
1986年 国家诉蒙哥马利
You wrote about it in your book.
你在自己的书里写到了
It's great, isn't it?
非常棒 不是吗?
The sport of it.
其中自有乐趣
And this...
而这里...
this is the arena.
这里就是角斗场
But it can get ugly.
但它也会变得很丑陋
Because everyone wants to win.
因为每个人都想赢
I truly hope that we can shake hands at the end of this.
我真的希望 等一切都结束 我们可以握手言和
You don't respect me.
你不尊重我
You're a complete phony...
你是彻底的虚伪...
empty, hollow, just like this case.
空洞 外强中干 就像这个案子一样
You claim to be for the people,
你宣称为了人♥民♥
but you're not for anyone other than yourself,
但你不为任何人 只是为你自己
because if you were...
因为如果如你所言...
you'd have Isaiah take a deal.
你会让以赛亚接受协议
My record is out there for anyone to see.
我的业绩有目共睹
That's the first true thing you've said.
这是你说过的唯一实话
You've spent the last 20 years
在过去的二十年里
mostly representing corporations,
你多数时候代理的是大企业
making sure white CEOs don't go down
确保那些白人首席执行官们
for sexually assaulting their employees.
不因性侵职员而倒台
Your last big case? Rampart Bank.
你最近的一个大案子 壁垒银行
They literally stole a billion dollars
他们从威斯康星州 明尼苏达州
from everyday Americans
爱达荷州 和怀俄明州的
in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Idaho, and Wyoming.
所有美国人手里偷走了十亿美金
You made sure those people walked away
你竭尽全力 确保让那些人
with as little as possible.
责任承担到最低
Swifton Foods knowingly shipped their contaminated produce
斯威夫顿食品公♥司♥ 明知食物受了污染
to supermarkets in the inner city
仍然运送到中心城区的超♥市♥
because they thought they could get away with it there.
因为他们认为可以逃脱责任
Black children died.
黑人孩子为此丧命
Which side were you on?
你是站在哪一边的?
One day, you will understand... Shut up, dude! I understand right now.
有一天 你会明白... 闭嘴吧 伙计! 我现在就明白
I understand you don't stand for anything.
我明白你完全没有任何立场
And since you already took it there,
既然你已经这么选择了
not standing for anything
没有任何立场
is the least black thing I can think of.
是我能想到的最好的评价了
And if I was really petty...
如果我真的有那么卑鄙...
which I'm not, but...
其实我并不是 但是...
I'm gonna make an exception for you...
我会为你破例...
I would also remind the world
我还会提醒所有人
how you left your black wife when she was sick with cancer
你是怎样为了一个26岁的金发美女
for a 26-year-old blonde.
抛弃罹患癌症的黑人♥妻♥子
You're not John Lewis, bro.
你不是什么黑人领袖 兄弟
You are lost.
你完全迷失了
You are a loser.
你就是个失败者
And your biggest mistake, beyond your many moral failings,
而且你犯的最大的错误 比你道德的堕落更严重的错误
was underestimating me.
是低估了我
Mr. Knox?
诺克斯先生?
Isaiah West is a role model.
以赛亚·韦斯特是我们的楷模
He's a man to be admired. I admire him.
是位值得敬重的人 我很敬重他
Some of you may have known of him prior to this case.
你们中可能有人 在这场诉讼之前就知道他
He may have spoken at your high school
他可能在您就读的高中
or at your college graduation.
或者大学的毕业典礼上做过演讲
You may have seen him giving out toys
您可能在电视里看过他
to underprivileged kids on television.
给那些贫困的孩子分发玩具
He is a self-made New Yorker.
他是白手起家的新纽约人
He is an overwhelming success.
他获得了巨大的成功
Isaiah West is all of those things,
以赛亚·韦斯特就是那样一个人
and also a man who broke the law.
但他也是一个违反了法律的人
Make no mistake... that is the only thing we are here to judge.
请不要混淆 这才是我们今天在这里的唯一原因
The defense did not dispute the fact that Mr. West broke the law.
辩方没有就韦斯特先生的违法事实进行辩护
The defense did not dispute any of our facts.
辩方没有对我们的任何事实进行辩护
Instead, they attempted to cloud your brains
相反 他们企图用没有根据的阴谋论掩盖事实
with baseless conspiracy theories to obscure the facts.
混淆视听 扰乱思路
Is Isaiah West the first real estate developer
以赛亚·韦斯特是第一个为了抢得楼♥盘♥
to use bribes in order to land business?
而实施贿赂的房♥地♥产♥开♥发♥商吗?
I don't believe so.
我相信不是的
Has he experienced prejudice and retaliation
他是否遭遇了来自纽约市老一批开♥发♥商的
from the established old guard of New York City developers?
不公正待遇和打击?
I believe so.
我相信是的
But that does not change the fact he broke the law.
但那些都不能改变他违反了法律这一事实
There are times where breaking the law is necessary,
有些时候 违反法律是必须的
where it is an effective way to bring about change.
那是实现变革的一种有效方式
Rosa Parks, John Lewis, Nelson Mandela, Bree Newsome.
罗莎·帕克斯 约翰·乐维斯 纳尔逊·曼德拉 布瑞·纽森
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表