剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
Yes, maybe. And Cognac. Both pungent.
有可能 还有白兰地 都很辣
The owner stocks rare bottles of Cognac,
店主收藏了几瓶白兰地陈酿
because Carpov and his friends
因为卡波夫和他的朋友
will spend $1,000 on a single glass.
喝上一杯就要花1000美元
Which he can afford,
他付得起
because he's never had to pay 118 parking tickets.
因为他不需要付118张停车罚单
New York parking laws can be tricky.
纽约的停车规定十分复杂
Whose side are you on?
你到底站哪边的?
This isn't about sides, Seth.
这不是选边站的问题 赛斯
It's about getting you to leave.
是让你放手的问题
Drop it. Find another trial.
放弃吧 重找个案子
You know how hard it is to find a case
你知道找一个真正走到
that actually goes to trial.
审判阶段的案子有多难
And then remember, we're talking about me.
记着 我们在谈的是我
And this guy attacked an ATF agent!
这家伙袭击了烟酒火器管理局探员!
So, no. I'm not gonna drop this.
所以我不会放弃这个案子
I'm going to trial!
我要坚持到庭审!
What? Trial!
什么? 庭审!
You don't want to go to trial on this.
你不会想让这案子进入庭审的
I'm happy to go to trial.
我很乐意庭审
He was trying to steal a car...
他只是想盗窃汽车
He did steal a car.
他确实盗窃了汽车
The kidnapping was an accident.
绑♥架♥行为是个意外
He didn't know the baby was in there.
他不知道婴儿在车里
There was no ransom demand...
没有勒索赎金
He was caught before he had the chance to make a demand.
他在能勒索前就已经被抓了
What are you offering? Nothing.
你的提议是? 没提议
There's a mandatory minimum of 20 years,
法定最低刑期20年
plus he has to register
并且他必须终生
as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
被登记为性犯罪者
A sex offender? It's mandatory.
性犯罪者? 这是强制规定
But there is no evidence...
但是并没有证据显示…
There is a presumption when you kidnap a child.
当绑♥架♥婴儿时就会有推定
This wasn't a kidnapping.
这不是绑♥架♥
You keep saying that,
你一直在这么说
but your client stole a car with a baby in the back.
但你的当事人盗窃了一辆后座有婴儿的汽车
The windows weren't tinted.
车窗并没有痕迹
He had the baby for two hours.
他控制了婴儿四个小时
He was found inside an apartment in another state
他在另一个州的公♥寓♥里被发现
with the baby in his arms.
而婴儿就在他怀里
If you think it's something else, then show me.
如果你认为这是其他行为 就证明给我
Otherwise, it's 20 years,
否则 无论是否庭审
whether or not we go to trial.
都是20年有期徒刑
Carpov? I gave that to Little john.
卡波夫? 我把这案子给李特琼了
She gave it to me. I don't know.
她给我了 我不知道
Maybe she was overwhelmed by it.
可能她被吓到了吧
But I am ready to take this to trial.
但我会坚持到庭审的
Well, nobody wants to see this guy go down more than me.
没人比我更想看到这家伙被绳之以法
But Transnistria has to waive Carpov's immunity
但德涅斯特河沿岸共和国必须宣布放弃
in order for us to press charges,
对卡波夫的豁免权 我们才能提起诉讼
and they have no incentive to do that.
而他们没理由这么做
I think we have a shot.
我觉得我们有机会
This isn't the first time this guy broke the law.
这不是这家伙第一次违法了
He has an extensive criminal history...
他有精彩的犯罪记录
assault, DUIs, gambling.
故意伤害 酒驾 赌博
You set a meeting with State, Justice,
你联♥系♥司法部
and the Transnistrian Ambassador,
和德涅斯特河沿岸共和国大使开个会
I'll get them to waive immunity.
我会让他们放弃豁免
No.
不
Sir... No.
先生 不行
Now, I have 25 poorly drafted indictments to mark up.
我现在还有25个严重拖延的起诉书要处理
I do not have time for this.
我没有时间做这个
What if I mark up the indictments? What?
如果我处理起诉书呢? 什么?
Clean them up so all you have to do is sign your name.
我把它们整理完 你需要做的就是签名
You'll get back an extra 10 hours a week
你这周就能有10个小时
to do whatever you want.
做自己想做的事
And not just those...
不仅仅这些
everything that comes in for the next two months,
未来两个月的活儿
I'll do them all.
我都包了
You really want this trial, don't you?
你真的很想庭审 是吧?
I really, really do.
非常非常想
I lost.
我输了
We lose. That's what we do.
我们会输 这就是我们的职业
It's because my route was blocked.
因为我的路被堵住了
What? Construction on my route,
什么? 我的路线上有人施工
the one I take to hearings every time.
每次听证会我都走那条路
Don't tell me you're one of those lawyers
别告诉我你是那种
who believe the same filet of sea bass
相信坐在同一张餐桌上
served by the same waiter at the same table
吃着由同一名服务生端上来的同一条黑鲈肉
has anything to do with your success in a courtroom.
这种事与你在法庭上成功与否有关的人
Of course not, that's ridiculous.
当然不是 那太荒唐了
But if I can't take my route,
但如果下回我还不能走我的路线
I might as well go back to spinning signs
我就要去床垫大王那家店门口
outside Mattress King.
把路标转个方向
You're a lawyer, not a hobgoblin.
你是个律师 不是小精灵
You have no routines whatsoever?
难道你没有路线吗?
Yes, I do. I move my chair in.
有 我把椅子搬开
I turn on the light.
把灯打开
I work.
然后工作
How exactly do you push your chair in?
你是怎么推椅子的?
With my hands.
用手推
I can't have this conversation,
我不能再谈了
because I have a sentencing in the morning.
我今早有案子要宣判
I'm going to court in the morning, too.
我今天早上也要去法♥院♥
Can I try your route?
我可以试试你的路线吗?
You mean walk with me to court?
你意思是跟我一起去法♥院♥?
Is there a place you consider a starting point?
你有专门的起点位置吗?
My bed.
我的床
Don't even.
你别想
9:00 ,sharp.
9点 准时出发
You know about foreign policy meetings, right?
你了解外事行政会议吧?
My mom is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
我妈在外交事务委员会工作
Yes. Okay, cool.
我当然知道 好极了
I have this case involving diplomatic immunity.
我有个案子涉及到外交豁免权
Why are you whispering?
你为什么这么小声?
I don't know.
我不知道
Just feels like, you know, spies and stuff.
就这种感觉 你懂的 间谍什么的
I have a meeting with the State Department,
我和国♥务♥院♥有个会议
Main Justice, and the ambassador of a foreign country...
司法部长和外国大使
Which country? Doesn't matter.
哪个国家的? 不重要
An important one.
很重要的一个国家
Transnistria. That's a country?
德涅斯特河 那是个国家?
Do you have any advice? My advice is that the guy who thinks
你有什么建议吗? 我的建议是
the Grand Canyon is exotic travel
把去趟大峡谷就称为异域之旅的人
shouldn't be in this meeting.
就别参与这种会议了
Never made it to the Grand Canyon.
我并没去过大峡谷
I need this meeting. I need this trial.
我需要这场会议 我需要庭审
If this goes to trial, I can move down to Asset Forfeiture.
如果能打到庭审 我就能去资产没收部了
Whoa. Hold up.
等一下
You nail this meeting and I get my office back?
你搞定这次会议 我就能搬回原来的办公室?
Okay. Sit down.
行 坐吧
You are going to dominate this meeting,
你要主导会议
which requires true gamesmanship.
必须要懂潜规则
So you are getting my best strategic wisdom.
现在我把秘诀传授给你
Yes, great. Okay.
行 好 非常好
Bring handouts.
带小册子
That's your big move? Handouts?
这就是你的大策略? 小册子?
You're sitting down with bureaucrats,
你和一帮官僚 行政人员坐在一起
government drones, who schedule meetings
他们每天10小时
at 15-minute increments, 10 hours a day,
每15分钟就要开个会
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表