剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
I was there. She was into you.
我当时在场 她喜欢你
It doesn't matter it makes no sense to me, it's true.
虽然对我来说难以置信 但这是真的
Take what she said at face value.
她说的是字面意思
Maybe she'll reschedule, maybe she won't.
她可能会再约你 可能不会
You put yourself out there.
你迈出了第一步
That's a success.
那就是成功
I appreciate that, I do,
我很感谢你 真的
but I'm trying to feel sorry for myself, so...
但我正在顾影自怜 所以...
All right, that's enough. You, me.
好了 够了 你和我
5 o'clock. Cornhuskers...
五点 玉米机酒吧...
or whatever the hell they're called.
管它叫什么名字的
I mean, three arrests,
逮捕三人
you got leads on four other suppliers.
还有四条其他供货人的线索
It was a good day. I'm happy.
好棒的一天 我很开心
Well, I don't usually enjoy that in a prosecutor,
我一般不会因为起诉而开心
but those aren't my clients.
但是那些不是我的当事人
I don't think.
应该不会是吧
Yet.
目前不是
You heading back in? We could share a car.
你要回去吗? 我们可以拼车
You probably have a car,
你可能已经有车了
like, a police car or something.
就像那种警车一样
It's not really like that, but...
不是那样的 但是
I forgot something upstairs.
我在楼上忘了一些东西
You should go ahead.
你还是先走吧
Oh. Okay. Well...
好吧
Until our next fight to the death.
下次见面 再斗个你死我活吧
One hour.
就一小时
We deserve it.
我们值得的
Someday we'll be dead.
有一天我们会死
And people will turn us into dental paste.
人们会把我们做成石灰
We should enjoy ourselves a little
我们活着的时候
while we're still barely alive.
应该小小地享受一下人生
Get a little sun on our fibulas while they're young.
趁我们还年轻的时候晒晒太阳
It's okay to pretend, Mrs. Carlyle.
卡莱尔女士 假装一下没事的
One hour.
就一小时
Here is the evidence
在史蒂夫·卡德维尔
that Steve Caldwell murdered Ellie Mason.
谋杀埃莉·梅森的案件中 有一样证据
A confession.
一份供词
That is it.
仅此而已
There is nothing else.
其他什么都没有
There are no witnesses, there is no DNA,
没有证人 没有DNA
no fingerprints, no hair, no blood.
没有指纹 没有毛发 没有血迹
There is no motive.
也没有动机
There is nothing.
什么都没有
There is evidence in this case.
这案子确实有证据
Let's be clear. There is a lot of evidence.
说实话 有不少证据
But that evidence points to Hank Porter.
但证据指向的是汉克·波特
He was on the island that night.
他那晚可在岛上
He had a disturbing history
他有过一段令人不安的
of aggressively harassing Ms. Mason.
大肆骚扰梅森小姐的前科
He had the strength to kill Ms. Mason.
他有足以杀害梅森小姐的力气
Why didn't Detective Blake pursue Mr. Porter?
布莱克警探为什么没有追查波特先生?
Because he got to Steve Caldwell first.
因为他先锁定了史蒂夫·卡德维尔
Because Steve Caldwell seemed "Suspicious."
因为史蒂夫·卡德维尔似乎很"可疑"
Because Steve Caldwell's reaction was "Odd."
因为史蒂夫·卡德维尔的反应很"奇怪"
That's it.
就这么简单
And once Detective Blake brought Mr. Caldwell in,
而一旦布莱克警探认定了是卡德维尔先生
his mind was made up,
他就形成了预判
and he was going to get his confession.
他一定要让卡德维尔先生供认
And he did.
他也成功了
And this is where we are now... with a confession.
有了供词 情况便发展至此
That is all there is.
这就是全部
How could someone confess to a crime he did not commit?
人怎么会认自己没犯过的罪呢?
I know that is hard for you. I know.
我知道大家很难接受 我明白
I could tell you about the conditions
我可以告诉大家审讯时的情况
of that interrogation, and that is important.
这一点很重要
That is critical.
极其重要
I could tell you about Steve, and that, too, is critical.
我可以说明史蒂夫的情况 这也很重要
But none of this will matter
但如果你们不相信一点
unless you believe this is possible...
这一切都将没有任何意义
That someone, anyone,
那就是 人 不管是谁
could confess to something he did not do.
都有可能承认自己没犯过的罪
And I think you can believe this.
我认为你们能够相信这一点
I think you should,
也应该相信
because a false confession
因为虚假的供词
is just a more extraordinary version
只不过是一种行为的极端化
of what so many of us do all the time.
而这种行为 我们很多人一直都在做
It's simply a lie.
它不过是个谎言
It is self-deception.
是自我欺骗
If you've ever thought to yourself,
如果你曾扪心自问
"Why did I say that,"
"我为什么要那样说"
"why did I agree to that",
"我为什么会同意呢"
"How could I be so gullible,"
"我为什么如此容易被骗"
then you can believe this.
那你们一定能够相信我的话
If you've ever wondered why
如果你曾经怀疑过
you stayed in a job you didn't like,
为什么你要凑合做不喜欢的工作
a marriage that wasn't working,
凑合过不幸福的婚姻
a relationship that was abusive,
在饱受折磨的恋情中强撑
then you can understand this.
那你就能理解我所说的
We convince ourselves all the time
我们时时刻刻都在强迫自己
that things are true that we know are not true
想着这些事是对的 即使我们清楚并非如此
because it eases some pain,
因为这样能够减轻一些痛苦
because we're confused,
因为我们的大脑一片混沌
because we are tired or frustrated,
因为我们会感到疲惫或沮丧
because we think, in the long run, it's better,
因为我们认为 长♥期♥来看这样更好一些
because insisting on the truth
因为坚持按事实去行动
sometimes becomes too difficult to bear.
有时会让人难以承受
If you can understand that, you can believe this.
如果你们能理解这一点 就会相信我的说法
You can.
你们可以的
And if you can believe this,
如果你们能相信我所说的
you can stop this because it's happening again right now.
你们就可以停止这一切 因为这又是一轮恶性循环
His false confession will be your burden.
他虚假的供词会变成你们的负担
Don't let it be.
不要让事情恶化至此
Tell the truth.
说出真♥相♥吧
You're still here?
你还没走吗?
I guess I am.
应该没走吧
I mean, I am.
就是 还没走
Yes. I am here.
我还没走
Feels weird to go home while the jury is still out.
陪审团没回来就回家 感觉怪怪的
What should we do?
我们能做点什么呢?
We could clean Sandra's office.
可以收拾一下桑德拉的办公室
Jury will definitely be back before you finish that.
等你收拾完 陪审团肯定回来了
You're still here, too?
你也还没走?
I guess I am.
看来是的
I also had trouble with that question.
我也答不好这问题
What are you doing?
你在干嘛呢?
I am going to drink.
我要喝一杯
That seems like something to do.
确实是件大事呢
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
D-Drinking.
喝酒
Here? In the office?
在这? 办公室里喝酒?
We were anxious. It was Ted's idea.
我们很焦虑 是泰德提议的
This is not a place to drink.
这可不是喝酒的地方
This...
这里
This is a place to drink.
才是喝酒的地方
We have a rooftop?
我们有天台吗?
A War Room, rooftop...
先是作战室 又是屋顶天台
what else are we going to learn on this case?
我们还能从这案子里学到什么?
When I worked for Cordyn & Walsh,
我在科恩&沃什律所工作时
we used to have these rooftop parties
曾经就在那边 为夏天入职的新同事
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表