剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
If hanging with someone's parents in Queens
如果和别人的父母一起窝在皇后区
is the best you're doing,
是你能做到的最好的
you should be doing something different.
你应该做点别的了
You baked?
你烤了饼干?
You?
你?
Okay.
好吧
We just have to get this over with.
我们速战速决吧
Kate!
凯特!
No! I thought it might calm my nerves.
不是! 我以为这能缓解我的紧张
I sliced premade dough and burned it in the oven.
我把半成品的面团切了片 然后把它烤糊了
It's me, Al! Sandra!
小爱 是我! 桑德拉!
Refrigerated dough in a tube? Yes, of course!
管状的冷藏面团? 是的 当然了!
Always refrigerated. Always in a tube.
永远是冷藏的 永远是装在管里的
You had no idea how long to leave it in there?
你不知道要把它放在烤箱里多久?
Nope. None.
不知道 完全不懂
Just randomly punching numbers into the timer.
就随便在计时器上输了几个数字
You're really feeling this nervous?
你真的这么紧张?
Kate's closing is tomorrow.
凯特的结案陈词就在明天了
I'm sure she'll do great, but I started all this,
我确定她会做的很棒 但我发起了这一切
and I have no control over how it ends.
而我却不能掌控它的结局
It's scary.
这很吓人
I know how you feel.
我懂你的感受
Donald has to return these stamps, but he needs the money.
唐纳德必须要归还这些邮票 但他需要这笔钱
If he could sell the stamps, how much would they go for?
如果他可以卖♥♥掉这些邮票 能卖♥♥多少钱?
A few million. Million?!
几百万吧 百万?
Didn't you say these were 24-cent stamps?
你不是说 就是些24美分的邮票吗?
100 years ago.
那是100年前
I've never understood inflation.
我从来都不理解通货膨胀
This is about scarcity, not inflation.
这是关于稀缺性 不是通货膨胀
Inflation is the increase...
通货膨胀是增长...
Inflation.
通货膨胀
That's it.
就是这样
We're celebrating.
我们要庆祝一下
I found this while I was researching the stamps.
我研究这些邮票的时候发现了这个
In 1959, the Philatelic Foundation offered
1959年 集邮基金会悬赏
a $25,000 reward for the return of the inverted Jennys.
两万五千美金回收这版"倒转珍妮"邮票
So, let's say you didn't steal the stamps.
那么 假设你没有偷这些邮票
Assuming the reward still stands,
假设奖金仍然有效
I think it should be adjusted for inflation, don't you?
我认为它应该根据通货膨胀做出调整 不是吗?
Someone's been catching up on her "Matlock."
看来有人补了《麦特洛克》啊
These are disgusting.
这饼干好难吃
Yes.
是的
Tastes like firewood.
尝起来像柴火
Yeah, my roommate.
是啊 我室友
She's not a baker.
她不擅长做糕点
Three years ago,
三年前
New York Family Court Judge Grant Fitzpatrick
纽约家事法♥院♥的格兰特·费茨帕特里克法官
began imposing longer sentences
开始做出更长刑期的判决
and directed that those sentenced in his court
并指派在他庭上获刑的孩子们
serve them at New Roads Juvenile Detention Center,
到新街口青少年拘留中心服刑
a for-profit jail owned by Roman Cox.
一间罗曼·考克斯所有的盈利性监狱
At the exact same time he did this,
与此同时 费茨帕特里克法官
Judge Fitzpatrick began leasing an apartment
开始出租一间公♥寓♥
to Mr. Cox's sister, Joanne Green,
给考克斯先生的妹妹 乔安妮·格林
for the outrageous rent of $24,000 a month.
并收取骇人的两万四千美金做月租
In fact, it wasn't rent at all.
事实上 那并不是房♥租
It was a payment.
那是报酬
Money to Judge Fitzpatrick
是付给费茨帕特里克法官的钱
in exchange for kids to New Roads for Mr. Cox.
以换取将孩子们送到考克斯先生的新街口拘留中心
Cash for kids.
现金换孩子
That's what this was.
这就是这件事的本质
Cash for kids.
现金换孩子
Kids.
孩子
We don't know why Judge Fitzpatrick did this,
我们不知道费茨帕特里克法官这样做的理由
but we know what it means.
但我们知道它的含义
It means he hurt children and their parents,
这意味着他伤害了孩子们和他们的家长
that he destroyed families, real ones.
意味着他摧毁了家庭 真正的家庭
And those are the ones that matter.
那些是最重要的
Those are the ones I want you to think about.
那些是我想让你们考虑的
He also hurt this family, and that matters, too.
他也伤害了这个家庭 而这也很重要
This justice system... it is a family.
这个司法系统...它也是个家庭
We argue like brother and sister on both sides,
我们控辩双方 像兄弟姐妹一样争辩
and we do it before a parent,
我们在一位家长面前这样做
an honest broker, a figure of decency
一位可靠的中间人 一个庄严
and integrity and wisdom.
正直与智慧的象征
A person who says, "I've heard you, and I'm gonna be fair.
一个说出"我听到了 我会保持公正
And this is what I'm gonna do."
这是我接下来要做的"的人
And we don't always agree with it, but we respect it.
我们不总是同意他的做法 但我们对之报以尊重
All of us.
我们所有人
And that is important to all of us.
而那对我们所有人来说 都很重要
It is fitting that Judge Fitzpatrick was undone
费茨帕特里克法官不再被视为是一名
by a great and honorable judge, but the work isn't over.
杰出可敬的法官 但这还远没有结束
Now it is your turn.
现在轮到你们了
You, too, are part of this family.
你们 也是这个家庭的一份子
Protect it.
保护它吧
Defend it.
捍卫它吧
Let me just close this up, and we'll hit the train.
让我搞定这个 然后我们就去坐地铁
Actually, my apartment's all fixed,
事实上 我的公♥寓♥已经修好了
so I'll be moving back home.
所以我要搬回家去了
Okay.
好吧
Yeah.
嗯
Right. Cool.
行 酷
Probably nice to get back to your own space.
回到你自己的地盘去 大概很幸福吧
Peace and quiet. Yeah.
平静又安宁 是啊
Definitely.
一定是的
It's been really fun to be with your folks.
和你父母一起真的很有趣
They're great.
他们很好
I really miss hanging out with, you know, people.
我真的很怀念和其他人待在一起
Kind of in your face, though, right?
但是有点管太宽了 不是吗?
Now you can just walk the halls. By myself.
现在你就可以自♥由♥走动 一个人
No one to tell you what to do. No one at all.
没人告诉你该做什么 一个人都没有
Freedom. Loneliness.
自♥由♥ 寂寞
Independence. Isolation.
独♥立♥ 孤立
Do you want a roommate? If you're ever looking for a place...
你想要个室友吗? 如果你想找个地方...
I...I do have an extra room.
我...我确实有个多余的房♥间
And you need someone to watch TV with.
而你需要一个能一起看电视的人
And I can tell my parents I'm moving out for you,
我可以告诉我父母 我是为了你才搬走的
which they'll totally buy because they think
他们绝对会相信的 因为他们觉得
living alone is the saddest thing in the world.
一个人住是世界上最惨的事了
It's kind of perfect.
这太完美了
Do you think your mom will bring food over?
你觉得你妈妈会送吃的来吗?
Oh, all the time.
噢 会经常来的
All right! Ow!
太好了! 嗷!
I can't believe what wonderful shape they're in.
我不敢相信它们被保存的如此完好
Thank you for returning them to us.
谢谢你把它们归还给我们
Oh, thank you for the billion-dollar check.
谢谢你们十亿美金的支票
She... She knows it's just a stamp, right?
她知道这只是个邮票 对吧?
Donald. Yeah?
唐纳德 怎么了?
There are some people here to see you.
有人来看你了
Okay.
好
Madam Foreperson, have you reached a verdict?
陪审团主席 你们做出一致裁定了吗?
Yes, we have, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
As to count one,
针对第一项指控
money laundering, how do you find the defendant?
洗钱罪 你们如何裁决被告?
Guilty.
有罪
As to count two,
针对第二项指控
theft of honest services, how do you find the defendant?
窃取诚信服务罪 你们如何裁决被告?
Guilty.
有罪
Judge Fitzpatrick is going to prison for the rest of his life.
费茨帕特里克法官的余生都要待在监狱里了
He is never going to hurt another kid ever again.
他再也不会伤害任何一个孩子了
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表