剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
and that's what I thought you were.
那也是我心目中的你
You made a mistake.
你犯了个错误
Now you need to fix it.
现在你需要做的是改正它
What do you need to prove?
你需要证明什么?
That Judge Fitzpatrick knew Joanne Green
费茨帕特里克法官认识乔安妮·格林
and knows her brother is Roman Cox.
并且知道她哥哥是罗曼·考克斯
She lied about that.
她在这事上撒谎了
And if I can show that,
如果我可以证明这一点
they'll know she was lying about everything else.
他们就会知道 她在其他事情上也说谎了
Okay, do that.
好吧 那就证明它
Wait, is that it?
等等 就这样?
You're not gonna help me anymore?
你不再继续帮我了?
No. Why?
不 我何必呢?
The man is 91.
这男人已经91岁了
He was born before tape existed.
他出生的时候磁带还不存在呢
Tape! The man is old.
磁带! 那个男人上年纪了
The stamps are old.
那些邮票也有年头了
Sounds like a real puzzle.
听起来可真是个谜
It's a little more complicated.
事情比这要更复杂一点
In this office, we're investigating Joanne Green.
在这里 我们调查的是乔安妮·格林
Get on task or get out.
要么做事 要么离开
I am looking through her social media.
我在浏览她的社交网络账号♥
Look harder. Who's doing who the favor here?
再看仔细点 现在是谁在给谁帮忙啊?
Sorry.
抱歉
Sorry. I appreciate the help.
抱歉 我感激你的帮助
Thank you.
谢谢
Her son looks like a real weasel...
她儿子看起来就不像好人...
Out! He's wearing a sweater vest.
出去! 他穿着一件毛衫
Even if I understood the significance of that,
即使我理解这事的重要性
I would not care.
我也不在乎
Stop moving.
别动
You are very hard to read right now.
你现在很难让人读懂
I know where this picture was taken.
我知道这照片是在哪里拍的
Can I have my phone back? No.
我能拿回我的手♥机♥了吗? 不能
Joanne's son, Noel Green,
乔安妮的儿子 诺尔·格林
is a lawyer at Gurnett, Reynolds, and Spear.
是戈内特&雷诺兹&斯皮尔律所的一名律师
Graduated from Yale Law.
耶鲁法学院毕业
And clerked for the honorable...
并曾任一位法官的书♥记♥员 可敬的...
Judge Byrne.
伯恩法官
Can we talk?
我们能谈谈吗?
You're asking me to testify against a judge?
你要我出庭指证一名法官?
Yes.
是的
In my courthouse? Yes.
在我的法♥院♥里? 是的
Grant was a friend of mine.
格兰特是我的朋友
He was a good judge. He's not anymore.
他曾是个正直的法官 他不再是了
You're gonna make a name for yourself with this either way.
不论这案子结果如何 你都会出名的
That's not why I'm doing it.
那不是我做这件事的理由
There are worse reasons.
有比这更糟糕的理由
There are better ones, too.
也有更好的理由
Ms. Littlejohn.
李特琼女士
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官阁下
The government calls Judge Nicholas Byrne.
控方传唤尼古拉斯·伯恩法官
Judge Byrne, what is your current occupation?
伯恩法官 您现在的职务是什么?
I am the Chief Judge of the United States District Court
我是联邦纽约南区
for the Southern District of New York.
地方法♥院♥的首席法官
This court? Yes.
这家法♥院♥? 是的
How do you feel about testifying here today?
您对今天在这里作证有什么感受?
Uncomfortable.
不自在
I understand. And we appreciate you coming in.
我理解 我们感激您能出席
Are you familiar with a Noel Green?
您认识一位叫诺尔·格林的人吗?
Yes. He was one of my law clerks.
认识 他曾是我的一名书♥记♥员
Can you tell us how Mr. Green came to work
您能否告诉我们 格林先生是如何
as a law clerk for you?
成为您的书♥记♥员的?
Well, he applied as a part of the normal
他通过正常的书♥记♥员
clerkship application process.
申请程序进行了申请
Subsequent of that, I received
随后 我收到了
a variety of personal recommendations
多封来自耶鲁法学院教职人员的个人推荐
from Yale Law faculty advocating for Noel.
为诺尔作背书推荐
In addition to recommendations from Yale Law faculty,
除去耶鲁法学院教职人员的推荐之外
did anyone else reach out to you about Mr. Green?
还有没有其他人为格林先生联♥系♥过您?
Yes. Who?
有 是谁?
Judge Grant Fitzpatrick.
格兰特·费茨帕特里克法官
The defendant? Yes.
被告人? 是的
He called you? Yes.
他给您打了电♥话♥? 是的
What did Judge Fitzpatrick say
费茨帕特里克法官在这通
when he called you about Mr. Green?
关于格林先生的电♥话♥中说了什么呢?
He said the sister of a friend of his had a son
他说他朋友的妹妹有一个儿子
at Yale Law School and he thought he'd be
在耶鲁法学院 他觉得他会成为
a good candidate for my chambers.
我内庭的一名很好的候选人
Did he indicate who the friend was?
他有没有说明 这位朋友是谁呢?
Yes. He said his friend's name was Roman Cox.
有 他说他的朋友叫罗曼·考克斯
And Mr. Cox's sister? Joanne Green.
而考克斯先生的妹妹是? 乔安妮·格林
Is it your understanding that Judge Fitzpatrick
您是否认为 费茨帕特里克法官
has a personal relationship with Mr. Cox and Ms. Green?
与考克斯先生和格林女士有私交?
Yes. Based on that conversation?
是的 基于那次对话?
Yes. Anything else?
是的 还有其他的吗?
On at least two occasions,
在诺尔担任我的书♥记♥员期间
Judge Fitzpatrick, Ms. Green, and Mr. Cox visited Noel
费茨帕特里克法官 格林女士以及考克斯先生
in my chambers while Noel was clerking for me.
曾来我的内庭看他 至少有两次
I just had that case with Holiday Colgate,
我才办完霍丽迪·高杰特的那桩案子
whose parents tried to evict her,
她的父母试图驱逐她
and I told them that it's totally fine
我还告诉他们
for adults to live with their parents
成年人和他们父母一起住没有任何问题
as long as it makes everybody happy.
只要大家都开心就好
And you like living with your parents?
你喜欢和你父母一起住吗?
I do. I...I did.
我喜欢 曾经喜欢
But should I?
但我应该吗?
I'm a grown man who doesn't know how much
我是个成年男子 却不知道
a gallon of milk costs.
一加仑牛奶要多少钱
Could be $20. Could be $10.
可能是20美金 可能是10美金
About $4. See?
大概4美金 看吧?
Never would have guessed that.
永远猜不到这个数的
I've never filled my own refrigerator.
我从来没有填满过自己的冰箱
I have no idea what electricity costs.
我不知道电费要多少钱
It's more than milk.
比牛奶贵
That makes sense.
有道理
Watching Seth in my house has been a real mirror.
看着赛斯在我家 就像在照镜子
It took exactly two minutes for a U.S. Attorney
只花了两分钟 一名联邦检察官
to be completely infantilized by my mom and dad.
就完全被我父母宠坏了
It is not a good look on a 28-year-old man.
那对于一个28岁的大男人来说 可不是啥光彩画面
I'm so happy!
我太开心了!
I never want to leave Jay's parents.
我再也不想离开杰的父母了
You have to try his mom's mujaddara.
你一定要尝尝他妈妈的炒饭
I'm good.
不用了
So, when can you move back into your place?
那么 你什么时候才可以搬回你自己家?
Friday. It is Friday.
周五 已经周五了
Next Friday.
下周五
That's a long time.
那可是很长一段时间
You sure your landlord has someone working?
你确定你的房♥东找人维修了吗?
If not, that's a clear breach of...
如果没有的话 可是明显违反了...
Okay, fine. The work is done.
好吧 已经完工了
I can move back in.
我可以搬回去了
I just... haven't yet.
我只是...还没有
Maybe I should move out.
也许我应该搬出去
I could still put in shifts, and I'm sure I'd be back a lot.
我依然可以到店里轮班 我也确定我会经常回去的
Maybe I just need some space.
也许我只是需要一点空间
Does that make me an ungrateful son?
这会让我成为一个忘恩负义的儿子吗?
Makes you a grown-ass man.
只会让你成为一个大人
I have to leave, don't I?
我必须要离开 是吧?
Dude, you're a man. You are a U.S. Attorney.
哥们 你是个男人 你是个联邦检察官
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表