剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
Thank you for coming.
感谢你过来
Peter, this is my colleague, Jay Simmons.
彼得 这位是我的同事 杰·西蒙斯
Jay, this is...
杰 这位是...
Peter Daum. It's a real honor, sir.
彼得·道恩 很荣幸见到你 先生
I'm dead, right?
我是死了吧?
But somehow I made it to lawyer heaven,
所以我才到了律师的天堂
and you are greeting me.
还能跟你打招呼
Mr. Simmons.
西蒙斯先生
You're not dead.
目前来看
Yet.
你还没死
But Allison does tell me
但是爱莉森告诉我
you're having some trouble with your route.
你的路线出了点问题
I'd like to offer mine.
我可以把我的给你
What?
啥?
I've had the same route here for 47 years,
我走了47年的路线
and it's served me well.
对我很有用
But I'm retired now.
但我已经退休了
I tried my last case two weeks ago...
两周前 我出庭了我最后一个案子
I won...
胜诉了
And, uh, I...
而且...
well, I don't have any use for it anymore.
我现在用不到它了
If you're interested...
如果你想要的话...
Yes. O-Of course.
我想要的 当然
Thank you!
非常感谢!
Meet me here at 7:37 tomorrow morning.
明天早上7点37分在这里
On the northwest corner.
广场的西北角等我
You'll need brown shoes,
记得穿棕色的鞋子
a nickel from 1971,
带一枚1971年的硬币
a very small can of sardines.
一小罐沙丁鱼
Do not brush your hair,
不要梳头
and do not urinate before leaving your house.
出门前不要撒尿
Okay?
能做到吗?
See you tomorrow.
明天见
Bye, Al.
再见 小爱
Thanks, Peter!
谢谢你 彼得!
How?
你怎么认识他?
Old family friend.
家庭旧友
It took me a while, but I get it now.
花了点时间 但我明白了
All these superstitions.
这些迷信的东西
We have so little control over what happens
我们要保护的那些人身上会发生
to the people we work so hard to protect,
太多我们控制不了的事
and it's so stressful,
这让人很有压力
and it makes sense that everyone is looking
所以我们每个人
for some order to things.
都需要有所寄托
Something that explains this win or justifies that loss.
需要有什么东西 帮助我们解释成功和失败
Something that feels like control
需要有什么东西让我们
over an input and outcome that,
感觉能控制那些
in so many ways, for so many reasons,
我们实际上并不能
we do not control.
控制的事情
I hope the sardines help.
希望沙丁鱼能帮到你
Celia dropped the kidnapping charge.
西莉亚撤销了绑♥架♥指控
The State's letting Nico plead down to probation.
尼克最终获得认罪缓刑
He is beyond grateful.
他感激不尽
Okay.
嗯
Celia also arranged a visit to the child's parents
西莉亚也安排了儿童权益部门
by Children's Services.
去拜访孩子的父母
The dad voluntarily entered a treatment facility,
那位父亲自愿进入了一家治疗机构
which means the baby can stay in the mother's custody.
也就是说 孩子母亲全权负责对其进行监护
Look, I know you've seen me act less than restrained.
听着 我知道你可能觉得我太过克制和不近人情
I understand. But what happened today...
我能够理解 但是今天发生的事...
I had a son.
我以前有个儿子
I had a son.
我曾有个儿子
I'm sorry about today.
今天的事是我不对
Protocol on the Suppression of Violence at Airports.
《关于制止机场暴♥力♥的议定书》
The International Convention on Civil Liability
《国际石油污染损害
for Oil Pollution Damage.
民事责任公约》
Are you having the world's nerdiest stroke?
你中风了还是怎么回事?
The Convention on Early Notification
《核事故早期
on a Nuclear Accident.
告知公约》
And I, for one, do not want to be notified late.
个人而言 我不想太晚知道这些
What are these?
这些是啥?
They're agreements we made with Transnistria,
我们和德涅斯特河沿岸共和国签订过的国际协议
issues that idiot Carpov helped to sway.
在那个白♥痴♥卡波夫的协助下 签订的协议
The domino effect of that fisheries thing is just a start.
对渔业的影响只是多米诺骨牌的开端
State thinks they could walk out
国♥务♥院♥认为 他们下次将不会
on a big cyber-terror agreement next,
签署一个有关网络恐♥怖♥主♥义♥的公约
which I'm sure you'll now tell me
这就是你告诉过我的
is the beginning of the apocalypse.
大灾难的开端
You know that scenario I described?
你还记得我说过的那个场景?
That was just... hypothetical.
那只是个假设
There's uncertainty in everything we do,
我们做的事情有太多的不确定性
in every direction,
不管你决定做什么
a cascade of unintended consequences.
都会有一连串不确定的后果
You could try this case and start a nuclear war.
也许你的坚持庭审 会引发一场核战争
Or you could let Carpov go
也可能你放过了卡波夫
and he could start a nuclear war.
然后他发动了一场核战争
You can only control what you can control.
你只能控制那些 你能控制的事
So focus on that.
所以 专注于此
What do you want to do?
你想怎么做?
What do you think is right?
你觉得什么是对的?
Congratulations.
恭喜你
I'm not gonna prosecute him. What?
我不打算起诉他了 什么?
The State Department is releasing a joint statement
就在我们说话的功夫 国♥务♥院♥正在与
with the Transnistrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as we speak.
德涅斯特河沿岸共和国的外♥交♥部♥发表联合声明
Carpov will return to Transnistria
卡波夫将回到本国境内
for prosecution at home.
在国内被起诉
They won't prosecute him at home.
国内不会起诉他的
Probably not, no.
很可能不会
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I wanted to prosecute him,
我曾想过起诉他
but my job is to serve the interests
但是我的职责是
of this government as a whole,
为这个完整而复杂的
complicated and messy and imperfect as they are.
混乱又不完美的政♥府♥服务
This time that means letting a bad guy go.
现在 这份职责意味着放走一个混♥蛋♥
I'd be more pissed off if I didn't just hear
要不是我刚得知 我的脊柱已经好多了
my spine is looking better.
我可能会更失望
You're probably doing the right thing.
你应该在做正确的事
I better be.
但愿吧
This trial was supposed to get me a job in Asset Forfeiture,
原本这场庭审将使我升迁到资产没收部的
and now that job is gone.
但现在 这个案子没了
Asset Forfeiture?
资产没收部?
No action there.
不是吧
I think you dodged a bullet.
我觉得你是躲过了一劫
But. If you're looking for a trial,
但是 如果你需要一场庭审的话
I was in that strip club for a reason.
我去那家脱衣舞俱乐部可是有原因的
Your Honor, as alleged in the complaint,
法官大人 正如起诉书
and as set forth in the attached affidavit
以及由烟酒火器管理局探员
prepared by ATF Agent Carney,
卡尼提供的证言中所述
the defendant, Dwayne Darnell,
被告德温·达内尔
oversees a sophisticated alcohol smuggling operation
通过他的绅士俱乐部"后窗"
through his gentleman's club, Rear Window.
进行了复杂的酒品走私活动
In addition to the alcohol smuggling counts,
除去该项罪名之外
Mr. Darnell is being charged with racketeering
达内尔先生还被指控犯有
for coordination with organized crime in this scheme.
协同预谋有组织诈骗犯罪活动
Thank you, Mr. Oliver.
谢谢 奥利弗先生
When can the government be ready for trial?
什么时候可以开庭?
I'm ready now, Your Honor.
随时待命 法官大人
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表