剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表
in the way this league was set up is illegal.
这个联盟的设立本身就是非法的
The witness already broke the law.
证人已经实施了违法行为
And his posts show a pattern of lying
并且他的帖子内容体现出他惯于说谎
and racially insensitive comments.
并且存在种族偏见的言辞
Motion granted.
动议批准
Here's the bread I owe you.
这是我欠你们的面包
Motion denied.
动议驳回
Denied. Denied.
驳回 驳回
Denied.
驳回
Reconvene on Monday morning
周一早上重新集♥合♥
for the commencement of the trial.
继续庭审
You look beat. Get some sleep.
你看起来有点狼狈 好好睡一觉吧
How are things at Otisville?
奥特斯维尔的事怎么样了?
Let me tell you what it's like...
让我告诉你那是什么感觉...
to ride a bike through the city, Jill.
就像骑自行车穿城而过 吉尔
It's never an entirely smooth ride...
那从来不是一场完全平稳的旅程...
You can have the bike metaphor or the helmet.
你可以选择用骑车的比喻或者戴着头盔
Not both.
不能都用
Not either.
只用一个也不行
Hit a little snag, but going well.
遇到点小麻烦 但是还挺顺利的
Snag? I told you, prison clients are a different beast.
小麻烦? 我告诉过你了 联邦监狱的当事人不一样
It isn't the client. It's his attorney.
不是当事人的问题 是他的律师
Aren't you his attorney?
他的律师难道不是你吗?
He hired inside counsel.
他请了一名内部法律顾问
A jailhouse lawyer certainly complicates things.
一名监狱律师确实会让事情复杂化
Do not worry.
别担心
I've already used my wit and expertise to win him over.
我已经用我的智慧和专业能力赢得了他的好感
Herbert is going to cooperate.
赫伯特会合作的
So this is under control?
所以这案子在掌控之中?
Like I said, I am a kid from Queens.
就像我说的 我是一个来自皇后区的孩子
I can do anything.
我能做到任何事
Under control.
尽在掌控之中
"Mission...
"任务...
Un-impossible."
没有不可能"
Okay.
好吧
You have got to take that helmet off.
你必须把那头盔摘掉
Wait. What's this?
等一下 这是什么?
Your case at Otisville. A call came through.
你那单奥特斯维尔的案子 有人打了电♥话♥过来
Herbert got tossed in the SHU.
赫伯特被丢进禁区了
Solitary.
禁闭室
"Mission Impossible"?
"不可能任务"?
What are you doing?
你干什么呢?
Nothing.
没什么
Is that my newspaper?
那是我的报纸吗?
What kind of question is that?
这算什么问题?
You're in my office. You're holding a newspaper.
你在我的办公室里 你拿着一份报纸
I'm pretty sure it's got my name on it.
我确定那上面写着我的名字
What?
怎么了?
The Sentinel ran an article today about Kaws.
《前哨报》今天发表了一篇关于考斯的文章
So?
所以呢?
He talks about the case. Of course he does.
他谈了案子的事 他当然这样做了
He talks about you.
他谈到了你
Let me see. You shouldn't.
让我看看 你不该看
Do you think that's the last paper on Earth?
你觉得那是地球上最后一份报纸了吗?
You need to focus on this trial.
你需要专注在庭审上
Read it to me. What?
读给我听 什么?
You're not gonna give it to me, so read it to me.
你不会把它给我看 那就读给我听
It's a distraction.
这只会让你分心
Read it... to me.
读给...我听
Uh, Kaws talks a lot about himself and his upbringing.
考斯讲了很多关于他自己和他的成长经历
Don't care.
不在乎
"Isaiah West is a favorite son of New York City."
"以赛亚·韦斯特是纽约市最受欢迎的市民"
What does he say about me?
他说我什么了?
"Contrast Mr. West
"将韦斯特先生
with the prosecutor, Leonard Knox,
与检察官雷纳德·诺克斯做对比
who has been handed everything in his life.
后者是含着金汤匙出生的
Son of a United States Senator...
一位联邦参议员的儿子...
privileged enough and blind enough to history
有足够的特权 并且对历史足够视而不见
to be a black Republican."
来成为一个黑人共和党人"
"As Mr. Kaws gets visibly irritated,
"考斯先生显然被惹恼了
I understand the historical significance
我理解'黑人代表'和'下等人'这样的词汇
of words like 'token' and 'Uncle Tom.'
背后的历史意义
As a black man born in the Jim Crow South,
作为一位出生于南方的黑人
I don't use these words lightly.
我不轻易使用这些词语
I know their power.
我知道他们的力量
But in this case,
但在这情况下
I don't see any other way to describe Mr. Knox.
我找不到其他词汇来形容诺克斯先生
I wonder if he even realizes
我好奇他是否意识到
the true reason he was chosen for this case.
他被选中接这件案子的真正原因
Pure optics."
单纯因为形象罢了"
Optics?
形象?
Is that why I was chosen for this?
那就是我被选中接这件案子的原因?
I can't answer your question.
我无法回答你的问题
You put me on this case!
你把这案子给了我!
No, I didn't. I put Littlejohn on it, and I was overruled.
不 我没有 我把它给了李特琼 但我被驳回了
This came from above.
这是上面的指令
I need to talk to you about the Isaiah West case.
我需要和你谈谈以赛亚·韦斯特的案子
Something's bothering you enough to barge into my office,
有事情困扰你到闯进我办公室的程度
so let's talk about it.
那我们就谈谈吧
Why was I chosen for this case?
为什么是我被选中接这件案子?
You think you want the answer,
你觉得你想要答案
but what you really want is for me to lie to you.
但你真正想要的是我的谎言
That's not what I want.
那不是我想要的
Yes, it is.
那就是
You want me to tell you that you were chosen
你想让我告诉你 你被选中
solely because of your immense talent
完全是因为你过人的天赋
and tremendous work ethic.
和极好的职业道德
I can't do that, because I chose you
我不能这样做 因为我选择你
because you're a black man. Mr. Knox.
是因为你是个黑人 诺克斯先生
Of course you are talented.
你当然很有天赋
You wouldn't be in this building otherwise.
不然你不会在这栋办公楼里
But you were specifically chosen
但你的确是因为肤色
due to the color of your skin.
被特别选中承办这起案件
I know how Phillip Kaws plays the game.
我知道菲利普·考斯的套路
I also know Isaiah West is a beloved figure in this city.
我也知道以赛亚·韦斯特是这个城市的宠儿
And I also believe that he broke the law,
但我也相信 他触犯了法律
and I dislike when people break the law and go unpunished.
我不喜欢有人犯了法却逍遥法外
Why do you look surprised?
为什么你看起来很惊讶?
I'm disappointed.
我很失望
Because we're post-racial?
因为我们的后种族行为?
Because I value winning over your feelings?
因为我更看重输赢 而不是你的感受?
I have earned everything I have ever gotten in my life.
我这辈子每一份收获 都是自己奋斗得来的
I can tell that you believe that.
看得出你笃信这一点
But no. You haven't.
但那不是事实 你没有
No one has.
没人做到那一点
I grew up in Battle Creek, Michigan.
我是在密歇根州的巴特克里市长大的
My mother worked at a cereal plant.
我母亲曾在一个谷物种植场工作
My father worked everywhere and nowhere,
我的父亲到处奔波 工作时有时无
if that makes any sense.
收入聊胜于无
Needless to say, my mother was thrilled
毋庸讳言 当我1983年被斯坦福大学录取时
when I was accepted to Stanford in 1983.
我妈妈简直惊呆了
I was terrified
大家都在说
of how liberal everyone said California was.
加利福尼亚州有多自♥由♥ 我为此很害怕
Yet it took all of seven hours for someone to suggest
但是只过了七小时 就有人暗示我
that I was only there
我能去那所大学
because of some affirmative action quota.
是因为平权运动对少数族裔的配额制度
I called my mom that night,
那天晚上我给妈妈打电♥话♥
tried not to break down.
尽力不让自己崩溃
I told her what was said to me. Her response?
我把听到的情况告诉了她 猜她说什么?
"So what?"
"那又怎样?"
剧集 | 护法为民(2018) | 导航列表