We all know what Paddy Creighton-Ward was.
他毫不掩饰他跟查莱蒂·慕德福德的私通
He took no pains to hide his adultery with Charity Mudford.
掩饰
No pains?
他简直招摇过市
He was brazen about it.
全伦敦都清楚他们的勾当
All London knew what they were up to.
但他还跟他妻子行房♥事吗
Yes but was he still sleeping with his wife?
我们不会谈论这些
It wasn't something we discussed.
我们有过一段
We had our time,
但埃莉诺后来说
and then Eleanor said
我们最好还是不要再见面了
it might be best not to see each other again.
所以她结束了我们的关系
So she ended our relationship
反正 七八个月后
Anyway, seven, eight months later,
我看到了报纸
I saw it in the papers.
"天赐之女"
"The Gift of a Daughter."
但她联♥系♥过你吗
But did she make contact with you?
莫伊拉吗 没
Moira? No.
所以你也不知道来基地的是她
So, you'd no idea it was her when she came to the base?
不知道
No.
如果她用了真名
I suppose if she'd used her real name,
我可能还会有些想法
I might have thought something of it.
莫伊拉是我母亲的名字
Moira, you see, is my mother's name.
那肯定说明她确实是你女儿啊
Well, surely that was a sign that she was your daughter.
是可能
It could have been.
但也完全可能是
But it could just as easily've
帕蒂·克雷顿-沃德开的玩笑
been Paddy Creighton-Ward's idea of a joke.
"让他想去吧"
"Let him wonder."
我永远无法得知了
I'll never know.
死因毫无悬念
No surprises as to cause of death.
但子弹很不寻常
But the cartridge is unusual.
如果你能在基地找到
If you find anything like it on the base,
我会很诧异
I'd be surprised.
标记只有日期 没有编号♥
Head stamp gives us date, lot number,
还有弹壳金属码
as well as the case metal code.
44.
是1944年
1944 to be precise.
德军
German military.
K98刺刀和手♥枪♥ 都是德国国防军装备
A K98 bayonet and a pistol, both used by the Wehrmacht.
对
Yes.
纪念品吗
Souvenir, perhaps?
战利品
The spoils of war?
士兵的确会
It wasn't unknown for soldiers
拿走战俘和死去士兵的武器
to relieve prisoners and the dead of their arms.
巴克先生 有什么事吗
Mr. Barker, what can I do for you?
你去时 我没说什么
I didn't say anything when you came.
感觉是背叛
It seemed like a betrayal.
但她会给我写信
But she wrote to me.
莫伊拉
Moira.
从她在寄宿学校时就开始了
Had done since she was at boarding school.
这是最后一封
That's the last.
这几个月来 她很开心
Last few months, she's been happy.
她认识了一个人
She met someone.
我不知道那是否只是
I don't know if there's nothing more to it than...
英雄崇拜
hero worship, I suppose.
但他绝对令她颇受打动
But he'd certainly made an impression on her.
谁
Who had?
马库斯
Marcus?
马库斯·威廉姆斯
Marcus Williams?
是马库斯·X
Marcus X.
是吗
Is that right?
X代表了我的真名
The X represents my true name,
我非洲祖先的名字
my ancestral African name.
既然我们都直呼其名了
Well, since we're all on first name terms.
弗莱德
Fred, do you?
这是摩斯
This is Morse.
警♥察♥吗
Police?
我们想问问你珍·沃德的事
We'd like to talk to you about Jean Ward.
她怎么了
What about her?
你俩有染
You were involved.
政♥治♥上
Politically?
是的
Yes.
她想找一个事业
She was looking for a cause.
找一个信仰
Something to believe in.
还是想找一个人
Something or someone?
有时两者没有区别
Sometimes it's the same thing.
但也仅此而已
That's as far as it went.
沃德小姐
Where were you
去兵营时 你在哪
when Miss Ward was at the barracks?
这里 之后去参加了抗♥议♥
Here, and later at a protest
在东考利一家美发厅外
outside a hair salon in East Cowley
那里执行了种族隔离
that operates a color bar.
至少20名证人能证明我的行踪
I have at least 20 witnesses can vouch for my movements.
你认识一个叫法利奇的人吗
You know a man called Farridge?
摄影师
A photographer.
是的
Yeah, I know him.
他拍照片
He does pictures.
记录我们的斗争
Chronicles the struggle.
你最后见他是什么时候
When did you see him last?
珍死后
After Jean died.
他来告诉我 怎么了
He came by to tell me-- why?
有人打死了他
Somebody shot him,
昨晚 在高林地
last night, up at High Wood.
你...
Well, you...
这你不能赖我
you can't pin that one on me.
我当时在牢房♥里
I was in a cell,
在考利警局 今早才出来
at Cowley police station until first thing.
知道他为何会回兵营吗
Any idea why he went back up to the barracks?
他来电
Uh, he'd called
说你们逮捕了一名黑人
to say that one of you had arrested a brother for it.
或许他不认同
Maybe he had other ideas.
那珍呢
And Jean?
你能想到任何会想伤害她的人吗
Can you think of anyone who would wish her harm?
作为她父亲的女儿 她很不容易
It wasn't easy for her, being her father's daughter.
但她把那些都抛下了
But she'd put all that behind her.
改了名字 重新开始
Changed her name and started over.
你也是
Something you had in common.
她是个美丽的灵魂
She was a beautiful soul.
如果她没死 她未来的光明
Had she lived, her future would have been
不会输于她过往的阴影
as bright as her past was... shadowed.
我会确保的
I'd have seen to it.
你怎么看他
What do you make to him?
他对法利奇的想法♥会♥是对的吗
Could he be right about Farridge?
"二者的辐合"
"The Convergence of the Twain."
哈代为泰坦尼克号♥沉船写的诗
他想去查明珍·沃德之死的真♥相♥
He goes to find out what happened to Jean Ward
却出了意外
and gets more than he bargained for.
巧合吗
Happenstance, then?
常佩恩会是在撒谎吗
Could Champion be lying?
或许珍联♥系♥了他 告诉他她要去了
Maybe Jean contacted him, told him she was coming.
即便如此
It's hell of a leap from that
他怎么就会下手杀可能是亲生女儿的人
to killing someone you believe to be your own daughter.
感觉不太可能
It's unlikely, I'd've thought.
核查珍被杀期间
Double-check Williams' alibi
威廉姆斯的不在场证明
for the time of Jean's killing.
去一趟美发厅
And take a run down to the hairdressers.
看在那里还能否有什么发现
See if we can dig anything else up there.
我走回警局
I'll walk back to the nick,
看布莱特先生想怎么处置奥斯瓦德二等兵
see what Mr. Bright wants to do with Private Oswald.
这是你看到带领抗♥议♥的人吗
Is this the man you saw leading the protest?
老实说 亲爱的 我不敢确定
To tell you the truth, dear, I couldn't swear to it.
他们的母亲肯定能分辨出来 但
I'm sure their mothers can tell them apart, but, uh,
别问我 我是分不出
don't ask me, dear, 'cause I'd be at a loss.
谢谢了
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表