敲诈
Blackmail.
我8点看到过他在吧台拿酒
I saw him take a drink from the bar at 8:00.
他是9:30瘫倒的
And he collapsed at half past 9:00.
如果马丁尼里有士的宁
If it was strychnine in the martini,
效果应该没那么快
he'd've felt the effects much later.
会不会是什么效力更快的
What if it was something faster acting?
或是下毒的时间要更早
Or he was poisoned earlier?
都有可能
Either are possible, of course,
但我恐怕得等
but I'm afraid I won't be able to
血检报告出来
give you a definitive answer
才能给你们肯定答案
until I've got the results of his blood.
但你们不会以为是哪位客人
But you can't imagine any of the guests
跟莱斯利的死有关吧
had anything to do with Leslie's death?
他们此前又不认识他
They never met him till today.
是不太可能 先生
It's unlikely, sir, I grant you,
但他们可能听到或看到
but they may have seen or heard something
会对我们调查有用的事
that has a bearing on our inquiries.
他应该是心脏病发了吧
Oh, he's had some sort of heart attack, hasn't he?
或是癫痫
Or a seizure or something.
我们得等尸检完成
We won't know the cause of Mr. Garnier's death
才能知道加尼尔先生的死因
until after the post-mortem is concluded.
但这是三天内第二起
But it is the second sudden death
跟洛克希影院相关的猝死事件了
connected to the Roxy in the last three days.
你跟埃迪·尼罗是什么关系
What's your business with Eddie Nero?
有人看到你跟他私下交谈
You were seen in private conversation with him.
他是小杰普森先生的客人
He's a guest of Mr. Jephson Jr.,
那是东家的儿子
the son of the owner.
他慷慨地提出带大家去他的俱乐部吃饭
He generously offered to take everyone out to dinner at his club.
女士们先生们 请注意
Ladies and gentlemen, if I might have your attention,
他们是警♥察♥
these gentlemen are from the police.
瑟斯戴高级督察
Detective Chief Inspector Thursday.
摩斯警长
Detective Sergeant Morse.
泰晤士河谷警局
Thames Valley.
我们会尽量不过久地耽搁大家
We'll try not to detain you any longer than necessary,
但我们必须逐个
but we will need to ask questions
询问你们每个人
of all of you in turn.
还好啊 凯洛尔
All right, Carol?
你还是快回家吧
Think you'd better cut along home.
摩斯会叫个警员送你回家
Morse'll get a constable to drive you back.
摩斯
Morse?
杰普森先生
Mr. Jephson,
从您开始吧
if I may start with you.
我不知道那小盒里是什么
I don't know what it was in the box,
但可怜的老爷子似乎吓得不轻
but the poor old man looked like he'd had an awful shock.
我来吧
Here, let me.
谢谢你陪我度过了难忘的一晚
Well, thanks for a memorable evening.
我们回去之前 我是不是没机会
I don't suppose I'll be seeing you again
再见你了
before we go back.
我怕是跟杰森·科文没得比
Well, I don't see how I can compete with Jason Curwen.
不是个错误
It wasn't a mistake.
不是每件事都得有更多深意
Not everything has to be more than it is.
戴维斯警员会送你回家
Constable Davies will see you home.
戴维斯 这是瑟斯戴高级督察的侄女
Davies, this is DCI Thursday's niece.
-麻烦了 -你好
- If you could. - Hiyah.
我真是走哪都能遇上你
Doesn't matter what stone I turn over, does it?
我非常喜欢赞助艺术
I'm a great patron of the arts.
了解我的人都知道
Ask anyone that knows me.
要是没钱拿
You wouldn't get out of bed
你都不会起床
unless there was a dollar in it.
你跟德维尔有什么事
What's your business with De Vere?
没事
Nothing.
我通过东家认识了他
I met him through the owner.
我和杰普森先生在做生意
Mr. Jephson and I are in business together.
你是否跟莱斯利·加尼尔打过任何交道
Have you ever have any dealings with Leslie Garnier?
风琴手
The organist?
我更喜欢埃洛·加纳那样的爵士乐钢琴家
I'm more of an Errol Garner man myself.
那罗纳德·毕维斯呢
What about Ronald Beavis?
我唯一认识的罗纳德·毕维斯
The only Ronald Beavis I know
就是罗尼·毕维斯
is Ronnie Beavis.
警♥察♥ 在班伯里警局
One of yours out of Banbury.
有次想陷害我擅闯私宅
Tried to fit me up on a B&E charge once.
好久没见过他了 怎么了
Haven't seen him in donkeys. Why?
就这些了吗
Is that it, then?
我可以走了吗
I can go?
暂时没别的事了
For the minute.
你没问起那些纵火的事
You never asked about the arson.
喀土穆街 现在又是公众咨♥询♥中心
Khartoum Street, now this Public Advice Center.
这几天来你两处地♥产♥起火了
That makes two of yours in as many days.
肯定是这些种族主义者吧
Be these racialists, I'd've thought, wouldn't you?
好苦力
Nice little earner.
从机场把他们接来
Shoveling them up from the airport.
赶去鬼知道什么地方流血流汗
Bustling 'em off to Christ knows where?
你在城里还有多少这样的地方
How many more dosses you got like that round town?
如果他们不租我的房♥子
If they weren't renting off me,
这压力不都在市议会头上了
it'd all be on the council, wouldn't it?
我这种人该拿公民奖
Should be some sort of civic award for people like me.
别指望了
Don't hold your breath.
算了
Second thoughts.
走吧 暂时没什么要问你的了
Go on, you're done for now.
所以你没见过加尼尔先生吗
So you hadn't met Mr. Garnier?
没有
No.
我真的没什么可说
There really isn't much I can tell you.
我一直待在这里 直到经理
I was up here until the manager
在我上台前几分钟来叫我
came to collect me a few minutes before I was due on.
有人从吧台给你拿过一杯马丁尼吗
Did anyone bring you a martini from the bar?
没有
No.
那位经理 德维尔先生
The manager, Mr. De Vere,
倒是说要给我拿一杯
did offer to bring me a little tincture,
但他肯定是忘了
but it must have slipped his mind.
我听说你刚刚受了惊吓
I understand you had something of a shock earlier.
因为管理人员送的一份礼物
A gift from the management.
他们想送我一块手表
They wanted to give me a watch,
结果出了岔子
which had gone astray.
因为发生的事 出了人命
But on top of this awful thing with that man dying,
让我觉得特别不合时宜
I really didn't think it was the right time or place.
-你跟他很熟吗 风琴手 -莱斯利吗
- You know him well, the organist? - Leslie?
是的 先生
Oh, yes, sir.
认识有十年了吧
Best part of ten years, I should think.
我是从斯托尔-莫斯剧院过来的
I came across from the Stoll-Moss circuit and
莱斯利当时已经在这里了
Leslie was already installed.
-他人很好 -综艺剧院吗
- Very nice gentleman. - Variety?
是的 先生 我为各种名流开过门
Oh, yes, sir. I've opened the doors for all the greats.
这或许就是我和莱斯利交好的原因
Probably why Leslie and I got on so well.
我们想知道他是否有亲人
We'll need a next of kin.
他是个孤家寡人 先生
He was a single man, sir.
跟我差不多
Much like myself.
我会怀念我的朋友
I'll miss my pal.
他说话一向很亲切
He always had a friendly word.
他是演奏"康普顿"的大♥师♥
And he was a master of the Compton.
是风琴 长官
The organ, sir.
我自己也曾弹过 先生
I used to play a bit myself, sir.
钢琴 当然是我年轻时了
The piano, in my younger days, of course.
那是以前...
Before...
为国效力嘛 先生
King and country, sir.
所以我们在音乐方面也有共同语言
So we had that in common too, the music.
之前那个引起骚动的人怎样了
What happened to the man who caused the disturbance earlier?
我把他丢出去了 先生
I threw him out on his ear, sir.
丢回大街上 他活该
On the street where he belongs.
我了解阿♥拉♥伯人 先生
I know Arabs, sir.
他们一个都不能信
You can't trust a one of 'em.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表