Last year.
就在她丈夫死后
Just after her husband died.
她发生了几次中风
She had a number of strokes.
这是家私营疗养院吗
And this is a private home?
是的
That's right.
那么谁付的钱
So who pays for it?
康威小姐有代理权
Miss Conway has power of attorney
也可以控制家族财务
and has control of the family finances.
好像是笔不小的财产呢
I believe it's quite a considerable fortune.
到了
Here we are.
有个好小伙来见你 莉莉安
Nice young man to see you, Lillian.
你好 康威太太
Hello, Mrs. Conway.
莉莉安
Lillian?
别抱太大希望
I wouldn't get your hopes up.
你们单独待五分钟吧
You'll be all right for five minutes?
好
Oh, yes, yes.
康威太太
Mrs. Conway.
我叫摩斯
My name's Morse.
我是名警♥察♥
I'm a police officer.
康威太太 我恐怕
Mrs. Conway, I'm afraid
有坏消息告诉您
I've got some very bad news for you.
是...
It's, um...
是您女儿 芙兰茜丝
It's about your daughter, Frances.
康威太太 您还记得芙兰茜丝吗
Mrs. Conway, do you remember Frances?
康威太太 您还记得芙兰茜丝吗
Mrs. Conway, do you remember Frances?
吉莉
Jilly.
不 康威太太
Um... no, Mrs. Conway.
那是芙兰茜丝
That's Frances.
她嫁给了诺尔
She's married to Noel.
吉莉
Jilly.
很遗憾...
I'm afraid, um...
算了
It doesn't matter.
怎么样
Any luck?
不行
No.
我说了
I did say.
是啊
Yes, you did.
还是谢谢您了 小姐叫...
Well, thank you anyway, Miss, er...?
太太
Misses.
格雷沙姆
Gresham.
她是个好姑娘 琳达
She was a good girl, Linda.
她热心帮助每个人
She'd do anything for anybody.
还很开朗
Bright too.
大家都这么说
Everybody said so.
擅长运动
Good at sport.
还有音乐吧
And music too, I believe.
是的
Oh, yes.
她有各种证书
Yes, she had all her certificates.
四级
Grade four, she was.
诺顿太太说她很有天赋
Mrs. Naughton said she was a natural.
她的钢琴老师
Her piano teacher.
她非常受打击
She took it very bad.
让人想不到 是吧
You wouldn't think, would you?
一个外人对她如此上心
A stranger taking on like that.
你在这里工作多久了
And how long have you been down here?
差不多两年了
Two years, more or less.
我们觉得这样对我丈夫好
We thought it would be better for my husband.
他自那后就没再工作过了
He hasn't worked since.
只是想念着她
He just pines for her.
心思时在时不在
He's there and not there.
就像他们
A bit like these.
我失去了孩子 丈夫又变成了无助的孩子
I lost one child and got another.
很抱歉你白跑了一趟
I'm sorry you've had a wasted trip.
不不
Oh, no, no.
或许这样也好
Maybe it's for the best.
至少康威太太不用经历你那样的痛苦
At least Mrs. Conway's been spared what you haven't.
但认不出自己的女儿
Still, it's a pretty sad pass
这也太悲哀了
when you can't recognize your own daughter.
我失陪了
Would you excuse me?
是 长官
Yes, sir.
不 我觉得是为了钱
No, I think it is about the money.
你吓我一跳
Oh, you made me jump.
怎么了
Yes?
你有什么事
What do you want?
对不起
I'm sorry.
我去见过你母亲了
I've been to see your mother.
好
Oh, yes.
我听说她跟你姐姐和波特先生
I understand she wasn't on the best of terms
关系不太好
with your sister and Mr. Porter.
是啊
No.
妈妈一向很偏心
Well, Mum always liked to play favorites.
我无法理解的是
See, what I can't understand is this.
一位母亲为何摆一屋子
Why would a mother be surrounded by photographs
她不喜欢的女儿的照片
of a daughter she couldn't stand?
我觉得
You see, I think
芙兰茜丝·波特还活得好好的
Frances Porter is very much alive.
那被发现的尸体是谁
Then whose body was found?
吉莉·康威
Jilly Conway's.
你去停尸间错误地指认她为你妻子
Falsely identified by you at the mortuary as your wife.
为了什么呢
To what end?
钱
Financial gain.
你岳母进入疗养院后
After your mother-in-law went into a home,
吉莉 真正的吉莉·康威
Jilly-- the real Jilly Conway--
获得了代理权
was granted power of attorney.
更重要的是
And more importantly,
她可以控制家族财务
control over the family finances.
我觉得你想要那笔钱
I think you wanted that money
便精心策划了拿到财产的计划
and drew up an elaborate plan to get your hands on it.
胡说
Rubbish.
旅行社做得怎么样了
How's the travel business doing?
还好吗
All right, is it?
因为相信我 波特先生
Because rest assured, Mr. Porter,
我们会仔细查看你们的账户
we will be taking a very close look at your accounts.
真是大胆
It's audacious, I'll grant you that.
杀害吉莉 说死的是芙兰茜丝
Murder Jilly, say it was Frances who'd died,
让你妻子顶替
and have your wife assume the identity
你死去的小姨子
of your dead sister-in-law.
给
Here we are.
告诉我一切
Tell me everything.
她从未怀疑过她的亲姐姐
Never suspecting her own flesh and blood
会想谋害她
intended ill toward her,
吉莉说出了那些
Jilly confided and shared things
女人只可能跟姐妹说的事
only one sister might share with another.
他在哪里怎样认识了风流倜傥的唐·默瑟
How and where she'd met a nice man called Don Mercer.
他们的私情是怎样开始的
How their affair had begun.
包括她失踪的周日会去哪里
Right down to where she would be on the Sunday she disappeared.
与此同时 全然不知
All the while unaware
她透露的一切具体细节
that every intimate detail and disclosure
都被算计进了
was being considered
你和你丈夫谋害她的
as to how best it could be used against her
计划当中
by you and your husband.
你们只在等最合适的时机
You were just looking for the right opportunity.
周日晚正是这样的机会
And Sunday night presented you with that.
线路堵塞 时间表变动
A blockage on the line, a change to the timetable,
以及每周仅一列的火车
and the arrival of the once-a-week train
送你妹妹上了西天
delivered your sister to her death.
远离家又迷了路
Lost, miles from home.
吉莉会叫谁
Who should Jilly call
来带她回牛津呢
to help her get back to Oxford...
当然是她姐姐
...but her sister?
你肯定是带她去了个
I imagine you took her to some private,
靠近吉比特尾的隐蔽僻静之处
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表