我听到了说话声
I heard someone talking,
我就走到了屋顶边缘
so I wandered over to the edge,
他站在消防梯平台上
and he was on the fire escape landing,
跟一个站在消防门口的人说话
talking to someone by the circle fire exit.
你看不到他在跟谁说话吗
And you couldn't see who it was he was talking to?
看不到 他们没走出来
No, they never came out.
然后门关上 他就走了
Then the door shut and he went on his way.
我灭了烟 就下楼去了
I stubbed my smoke and went back down.
无法想象要怎么下毒
Hard to see how someone could have got the poison inside
这是封死的
if it was sealed.
没人会喝开封的饮料
Nobody's gonna drink from a carton that's already been opened.
要看毕维斯就是凶手的目标
All depends whether Beavis was the intended victim
还是说这是疯子所为
or if we've got a madman on our hands.
你是觉得可能是随机下毒
He could have been poisoned at random, you think.
随便找个人
Just a face in the crowd.
风琴手认为
The organist was under the impression
他是去影院与谁见面 长官
he was meeting someone at the Roxy, sir.
可能是另一位顾客 或某个员工
Maybe another patron or a member of staff.
那么就更可能是针对他
Which would suggest that it was meant.
他是位退休警长
He was a retired detective sergeant.
会是因为他的旧案吗
One of his old cases, you think?
某人心怀怨念
Someone with a grudge?
退休九年了 长官
Nine years retired, sir.
现在报仇有点晚吧
Late in the day for revenge.
复仇永远不晚
That's one thing it's never too late for.
开始翻他的旧案
Start going through his old cases.
看他是否抓过哪个影院员工
See if he's ever nicked anyone who works at the cinema.
除非他是在别处买♥♥的橙汁
Well, unless he bought his orange squash somewhere else.
不太可能
That's unlikely,
我觉得
I'd've thought.
但也不是全无可能
But not impossible.
追查从影院到他家的所有可能路线
Trace all the routes he could've taken between the two,
拿他照片去沿途所有酒吧里问问
show his picture at any pub you find along the way.
对影院有什么了解
What do we know about this cinema?
不多 长官
Not much, sir.
是杰普森家族的
Owned by the Jepson family.
据说要卖♥♥掉重新开♥发♥
There was talk of it being sold for redevelopment,
但毕维斯应该与此无关
but I can't see Beavis might figure in that.
好 有消息通知我
Right, well, keep me informed.
纵火案还有什么进展吗
Oh, anything more on these arson cases?
事实上 长官
Well, a matter of fact, sir,
我刚跟咨♥询♥中心的业主联♥系♥上
I've just heard back on the owner of the advice center.
又是埃迪·尼罗的地♥产♥
Another one of Eddie Nero's.
还真是阴魂不散
The proverbial bad penny.
怎么没人去烧他讨厌的拳馆
Nobody thought to burn down his wretched gym, I suppose.
继续吧
Well, carry on.
你不该对那孩子太严苛
You know, you shouldn't be too hard on the boy.
他想要的是鼓励
It's encouragement he wants.
表扬两句会大有用处
A bit of praise goes a long way.
去本地酒馆盘查
Checking local boozers?
那不叫警务工作 只是串酒吧
That's not policework, that's a pub crawl.
他要真能打听出什么回来
He comes back with anything more than a skinful,
我就把帽子吃了
I'll eat my hat.
好吧 或许希望不大
All right, maybe it's a 20-to-one shot,
但我不也经常允许你去追查渺茫的线索
but I gave you a long lead often enough.
你的一些理论也够疯狂的
Some of the hare-brained schemes you come up with.
但我心里有数
But I knew what I was doing.
也不总是
Not always.
但次数够多 所以值得听取
But often enough to make a difference.
给他个机会
Give him a chance.
他或许能让你惊喜
He might surprise you.
我跟你的同事说了 他是个守夜人
As I told your colleague, he worked as a night-watchman.
他近来在为一位请病假的雇员替班
Lately he'd been filling in for an attendant who's off sick.
他对你提过洛克希影院吗
Did he ever mention the Roxy Cinema to you?
或许他认识哪位员工
A member of staff that he knew, maybe?
对我没提过
Not to me.
但我跟他并不熟络
But I did not know him particularly well.
我是从开罗博物馆借调过来
I am on loan from the Cairo Museum,
陪伴我们的一些巡展展品
together with some of the visiting exhibits.
你负责打理各种物件吗
So you mind all the bits and pieces, don't you?
如果你是说 我要确保这些不可估价的
If by that you mean, do I make sure no harm befalls
属于我同胞的古代历史珍宝不出任何问题
the priceless artifacts of my people's ancient history,
那没错 我打理这些物件
then, yes, I mind the bits and pieces.
我并无轻慢的意思 博士
No slight was intended, doctor.
英国人从来都如此
With the British it never is.
但我说了 我不怎么了解他
And yet, as I say, I hardly knew him.
我再没什么好跟你们说了
There is nothing more I can tell you.
失陪了 我还有很多工作
If you will excuse me, I have much to do.
他在博物馆似乎并没有关系交好的人
He doesn't seem to have been close to anyone at work,
但我见过了他的上级 肖克利博士
but having met his supervisor, a Dr. Shoukry,
我觉得这也难怪
I can't say as I blame him.
不是个开朗阳光的人 长官
Not what you'd call a sunny personality, sir.
而且听上去似乎对英国人多有不满
And none too keen on the British by the sound of things.
这种人我们都遇见过
Yeah, well, we've all met that type.
怨愤不平
Chip on their shoulder a mile wide.
别忘了是谁建的苏伊士运河
Remember who it was built the bloody Suez Canal.
是法国人
It was the French.
是吗
Was it?
总之 工作日晚
Any event, working nights,
他一般都自己带吃的
he mostly brought in his own snap.
所以毒橙汁还是只可能
So that still leaves only the cinema or the caf
是在影院或咖啡馆买♥♥的
where he might have come by this poisoned squash.
也可能是在酒馆
Or a public house, of course.
是啊
Oh, yes.
查到什么了吗 警员
Any luck with that, Constable?
没有
No.
没人见过他
Nobody's-- nobody's seen him.
是啊 摩斯也觉得可能不大
No, well... Morse thought it unlikely.
冷水能治打嗝
Cold water's good for hiccups.
还有一两件事需要谈谈 长官
One or two other matters to go over, sir,
您有空吗
if you've a moment.
好 当然
Yes, yes, of course.
再不许喝得醉醺醺来上班了
Don't ever come in here half-cut again.
明白了吗
Do you understand?
这可不是玩笑
This isn't a game!
没事了吗
All done?
暂时吧
For now.
今晚买♥♥了条不错的黑线鳕
Got a nice bit of haddock for tonight.
或许配个煮蛋
Thought I might do it with a poached egg.
洒点胡椒
Bit of pepper.
面包 少涂点奶油
Bread and scrape.
怎么了
What?
我不能吃了
Well, I can't.
我有约会
I've got a date.
我还怕自己没找对地方
I wondered if I had the right place.
大家都说就是这里
Everyone said this was it.
我工作有事耽搁了
I was held up, at work.
我没抱怨的意思
I wasn't complaining.
你说你是公务员
A civil servant?
有时你说自己是警♥察♥
Well, you tell some people you're a police officer
对方掉头就跑
and they run a mile.
你不也没怎么说实话
You weren't exactly forthcoming yourself.
我记得我们根本没怎么说话
I remember there wasn't much talking at all.
如果我让你难堪了
And if I've put you on the spot,
他们以为我住在琼堂姐家了
they think I stayed at cousin Joan's.
那她以为你去哪了
What does she think?
她没以为什么
She didn't think anything.
跟我约好的就是她
That's who I was supposed to be seeing.
但她有事走不开
Only she was busy.
命运啊
Fate.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表