请原谅 肖克利博士
Forgive me, Dr. Shoukry.
作为一个父亲 我向你表示哀悼
One father to another, you have my condolences.
你确定吗 德布林医生
Are you absolutely sure Dr. DeBryn?
氰化物
Cyanide.
不是士的宁
Not strychnine?
我在马丁尼的橄榄里
I found the remains of a capsule of the same
发现了残留的氰化物胶囊
stuffed inside the olive in the martini.
随着酒精溶解胶囊
As the alcohol dissolved the casing
氰化物就流了出来
so the cyanide seeped out.
那么目标的确是瓦尔达摩
It was meant for Valdemar, then.
瓦尔达摩说他没见过加尼尔 是吧
Valdemar said he never met Garnier, didn't he?
对 怎么了
Yeah. Why?
签名簿
Autograph book.
是啊
Oh yes.
那个跟他的钱包都在他外套里
That was in his jacket, along with his wallet.
最后一个
Final entry.
埃米尔·瓦尔达摩
Emil Valdemar.
加尼尔先生还真是收集了
Well, Mr. Garnier certainly had a collection
各种名人签名
of the great and the good.
似乎是一生的爱好
Looks like a lifetime's hobby.
格蕾茜·菲尔兹
Gracie Fields.
乔治·方比
George Formby.
劳来与哈代
Laurel and Hardy.
肯定是他们的最后一场巡演 长官
Must've been their last tour, sir.
1953年 我都没能买♥♥到票
1953. I tried to get tickets.
肯定挺值钱吧
Worth a lot of money, I should think,
对于收藏家来说 这样的东西
something like this to a collector.
重点是 加尼尔肯定见过瓦尔达摩
But the point is Garnier must have seen Valdemar
因为他拿到了他的签名
in order to get his signature.
瓦尔达摩为何要否认
Why did Valdemar deny it?
为这种小事撒谎
Seems a trivial matter to lie about.
毕维斯从皮特·利弗斯博物馆偷了
So Beavis nicks this beetle or whatever it is
这个甲虫还是什么 然后想卖♥♥给...谁呢
from the Pitt-Rivers, and tries to flog it to... who?
它又怎么会被当成礼物送给瓦尔达摩
And how did it get to be in Valdemar's gift?
上面的指纹只有我的
The only prints on it are mine,
瓦尔达摩的和毕维斯的
Valdemars, and Beavis's.
就我们所知 瓦尔达摩和毕维斯并无关联吗
Valdemar had no connection to Beavis, so far as we know?
至少我们无法证实有 长官
Not that we've been able to establish yet, sir.
斯特兰奇还在查所有员工
Strange is also looking at all the staff
看他们是否跟毕维斯有过交集
to see if their paths ever crossed with Beavis.
他当年在郡警局时吗
From his time at County, you mean?
对 长官
Yes, sir.
加尼尔的物品里可能还有其他东西能成为线索
There may be more among Garnier's belongings might shed light.
范西警员去他公♥寓♥收集证据了
Constable Fancy's collecting evidence from his flat,
摩斯和我准备去找瓦尔达摩
while Morse and me brace Valdemar.
你觉得他才是凶手的目标吗
You think he might have been intended victim?
如果加尼尔从吧台拿走的那杯酒有毒
If the glass that Garnier took from the bar was poisoned,
那就绝对是
almost certainly.
开始摄影
Roll camera!
开拍
Action!
维多利亚
Victoria!
维多利亚
Victoria!
在这里 教授
Over here, Professor!
停
And cut!
过
Print!
继续
Moving on.
是我的签名
It is my signature.
但你不记得为加尼尔先生签名了
But you don't remember signing it for Mr. Garnier?
如果你像我这样 签了这么久的名
When you've been signing autographs for as long as I have
我昨晚可能签了十几次名
I could have signed dozens yesterday evening.
你不会去留意他们的样貌
You don't notice people's faces.
但奥克亨那坦的象征符号♥
But Akhenaten's cartouche?
我绝不会写这种东西
I would not commit that mark to paper.
为什么 先生
Why not, sir?
《法老的诅咒》是个合适的名字
The Pharaoh's Curse was well named.
那部电影的所有相关拍摄人员
Of all the people involved in that production...
现在只剩我还活着了
I am the last one left alive.
那很不寻常吗 先生
Why's that so unusual, sir?
当年拍片时 您还很年轻呢
You were a relatively young man when the picture was made.
现在...
And, well...
我现在是老头子了吗
Now I'm an old man?
或许吧
Maybe so.
但不到一年 就死了两名卡司
But within a year, two of the cast members were dead.
导演死于坠机
The director died in a plane crash.
此后一直如此
It's been like that ever since.
每年都再死一两个
Every year one or two more.
就是好莱坞的宣传吧
It's Hollywood hyperbole, surely.
是为了让电影热卖♥♥
Something to help sell the film.
但愿如此
Would that it were.
你为何会觉得没那么简单
What made you think there was something to it?
我们在外景地拍了室外戏
We shot exteriors on location,
但回到摄影棚后
but when we returned to the studio,
我们用的是报业大亨赫斯特借给我们的东西
we were using properties loaned to us by Hearst--
都是真古董
genuine antiquities
是他不知怎么买♥♥到的
he'd acquired some way or another.
埃及领♥事♥馆♥的一支代表团
A delegation from the Egyptian consulate
想去摄影棚抗♥议♥
tried to picket the studio.
说我们亵渎了他们的仪式和圣物
They said we were desecrating their rites and sacred relics,
这绝不会有好结果
and no good would come of it.
发生了什么呢
And what happened?
制片厂叫警♥察♥赶走了他们
The studio had the police move them on.
他们是一群迷信报复心强的人
They're a superstitious, vengeful people.
我很清楚 一战时我跟他们打过交道
I know. I saw enough of them during the Great War.
我也去过沙漠 先生
I was up the desert too, sir.
二战时
In the second go.
那你清楚我什么意思
Then you know what I mean.
所以你看到圣甲虫时 反应才那么激烈
So that's why you reacted as you did when you saw the scarab?
我以前也以为都是胡说
I used to think it was a load of nonsense.
现在我不敢确定了
Now, I'm not so sure.
埃米尔 我们等你了
Emil, we're ready for you.
我恐怕也再说不出别的了
I'm afraid there's really nothing more I can tell you.
我可能是给他签了名
I might've signed that autograph,
但我绝不会
but I would never-- never--
写下奥克亨那坦的符号♥
use the cartouche of Akhenaten.
真是奇了 一点没错
It's a rum go, no mistake.
你怎么看肖克利博士
What do you make of Dr. Shoukry?
他的确心怀不满
Well, he has a fair grievance I suppose.
眼看国宝被盗就够糟了
Bad enough to see its nation treasures plundered,
如今本国文化又被拿来做廉价惊悚片
but to watch its culture turned into a cheap thrills?
足以为此杀人吗
Enough to kill someone over, though?
影院的副经理
The cinema's assistant manager,
肯尼斯·布林斯 长官
Kenneth Bullings, sir.
1941年1月30日生
30th January 1941.
他有盗窃和滋事的前科
He's form for theft. Affray.
大都在少年时期
Most of it juvenile.
但1958年有一起郡警局处理的袭击伤人
But we've an ABH in 1958 handled by County.
调查员是罗纳德·毕维斯
The investigating officer was Ronald Beavis.
你过去可谓劣迹斑斑 布林斯先生
You've got something of a checkered past, Mr. Bullings.
滋事 袭击
Affray, assault,
偶尔还有袭击伤人
occasioning actual bodily harm.
你记得当年是谁抓了你吗
Do you remember who pinched you on that?
那都是10年前了
That was ten years ago.
我不记得了
No, I don't.
那你应该会对此感到意外
Then you'd be surprised, to learn
正是罗纳德·毕维斯 洛克希影院的一名顾客
it was Ronald Beavis, a patron of the Roxy.
他前两天去看了《法老的诅咒》
He was at The Pharaoh's Curse the other night
次日早上被发现死在了公♥寓♥里
and found dead in his flat the following morning.
中毒
Poisoned.
跟加尼尔先生一样
Just like Mr. Garnier.
这我可不知道
I don't know anything about that.
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表