to keep himself from feeling like a eunuch.
就是这样
End of story.
我拒绝在录播时多说他哪怕一秒
I refuse to give him one more second of air time.
那咱们以这事开始
So then let's start with the event
这件让你名声急转直上的事件
that made your reputation as a crusader for change,
揭露荆棘崖
the Briarcliff exposé.
可以开始了 各位准备好了吗
We good to go, everyone?
亲爱的 镜子给我 好吗
Honey, hand me that mirror, will you?
我想自己修下眉
I like to do my own eyebrows.
我看起来如何
How do I look?
满面春风
Like a million bucks.
但他们还是不会让我们
But they're still not gonna let us
扛着摄像机从前门进去的
in that front door with a camera.
我知道怎么进去
Oh, I know how to get in.
天啊 你怎么找到这地的
Jesus, how did you find this place?
我们进去以后 无论发生什么
Listen, when we get inside, no matter what happens,
或者别人说什么 你们都要一直拍
or what anybody says, you keep shooting.
我们需要记录下这里的情况 污秽的环境
We need to document the conditions, the filth.
这些病人都是被迫待在这里的
These people are forced to live in.
我要这些连续的镜头震惊公众
I want the footage to shock the public
击碎他们的自满 明白了吗
out of their complacency, you understand?
我要激起他们道德上的震怒
I want moral outrage.
我要带美国民众走进疯人院
I want to put America in the asylum.
你自愿回到
The fact that you would voluntarily
差点害你丧命的地方
go back into the place where you almost died,
让你受到全美和同行们
that's why you were held in such high esteem
赋予如此高的评价
by all of America and your peers.
你总是这样充满正义吗
Did you always have this need for justice?
那都是虚构的
That's the myth.
拉娜·温特斯 改革者
Lana Winters, crusader.
我想让这个故事流传下去
It was a story that I helped to perpetuate,
但 是时候说出真♥相♥了
but, uh, it's time I come clean.
并不是正义感
It wasn't justice
让我回到荆棘崖
that got me back to Briarcliff.
是抱负
It was ambition.
我知道我的未来不在出版业
I knew my future wasn't in print.
你的发展方向转变得很突然
You had an abrupt career change.
我深信电视业会成为未来主流
I knew television was the future.
所以我从地方新闻开始做起
So I got started in local news,
然后在NBC下属公♥司♥工作
then an NBC affiliate
之后则是我自己的调查报告节目
before I landed my own series of investigative reports.
《揭露美国》
America Unmasked.
电视出现后 语言
With TV, words,
就没那么重要了
they're less important.
你需要能让观众亲眼看见的东西
You need something people can see,
要有视觉冲击
visual stimulation,
相信我 没有比看到疯子
and believe me, there is nothing more stimulating
更有冲击力的了
than crazy people.
但这还远远不够
But you need more than that.
还需要切入角度和噱头
You need an angle, a hook.
我的节目堪称完美
And boy, did I have a doozy.
据可靠消息称 裘德修女
I heard from very reliable sources that Sister Jude,
那个在荆棘崖监禁我的修女 她还活着
the nun that imprisoned me at Briarcliff, was still alive.
实际上 她自己成了那里的病人
In fact, she had become a patient there herself.
我要重回疯人院
I was going to go into that snake pit
把她从那个曾监禁我的地方救出来
and rescue her from the very place she had me committed.
麦洛 跟你说过要一直对着拍
Milo, I told you to keep rolling.
举起摄像机 对准我
Get the camera up and pointed at me.
在荆棘崖庄园
At Briarcliff Manor,
连续几小时对病人放任不管
it's not uncommon to see patients left on their own
无人监督 无人激励的场景比比皆是
without supervision, without stimulation, for hours on end.
这所疯人院
The squalor, the filth,
肮脏 污秽 腐朽的环境
the decay of this institution
是马萨诸塞州政♥府♥
is a shocking indictment
将其贫困地区彻底遗弃的
of the abandonment of her most needy
有力控诉
by the state of Massachusetts.
教会在1965年秋天
The Church sold Briarcliff Manor
将荆棘崖庄园卖♥♥给马萨诸塞州政♥府♥
to the state of Massachusetts in the fall of 1965.
从那时起 情况便开始恶化
Since then, conditions have deteriorated.
这些画面和声音远比...
The images and sounds are far more...
准备好了吗 要不要垫石板
Ready? You need a slate?
你是...
Are...
你是睡着了吗 快点
Yeah, are you sleeping? Come on.
三 二 一
Three, two, one.
教会在1965年秋天
The Church sold Briarcliff Manor
把荆棘崖庄园卖♥♥给马萨诸塞州政♥府♥
to the state of Massachusetts in the fall of 1965.
从那时起 情况便开始恶化
Since then, conditions have deteriorated.
这些画面和声音远比
These images and sounds are far more powerful
任何言语都有说服力
than any words that can be spoken.
但我该怎么跟你们形容这里的味道呢
But how can I describe to you the way it smells?
是污秽和疾病的臭味
It reeks of filth, of disease.
是死亡的味道
It smells of death.
你们是干嘛的
Who are you?
你们
Do you...
有权在这里拍摄吗
have permission to do this?
你是我们来这里之后
You are the first attendant we've seen
见到的第一位医护人员
the entire time we've been here.
让病人们衣衫不整 肮脏污秽
Is it the policy to leave patients unclothed and unclean,
有些人身上沾着自己的排泄物是政策吗
some of them smeared in their own feces?
很抱歉 只是
Uh... I'm sorry, there's...
我们要照顾的人太多了
just too many for us to take care of.
现在我只对其中一个有兴趣
Right now I'm interested in one.
我要见朱迪·马汀
I demand to see Judy Martin.
把灯打开
Give me some light.
裘德修女
Sister Jude.
朱迪·马汀
Judy Martin?
你还记得我吗
Do you remember me?
你被派到荆棘崖
You were committed to Briarcliff
掩饰教会与科学
to cover up the abuses the church and science
对病人的虐待
had perpetrated against patients here.
他们留你在这等死
You were left to die.
孤独终老
Alone.
无人眷顾
Abandoned.
我是回来帮你的
I've come back to help you.
我要带你离开这里 裘德修女
I'm going to get you out of here, Sister Jude.
没事了
It's okay.
拉娜·布拉娜
Lana... Banana.
你描绘的画面太有冲击力了
Such a powerful scene you describe.
其实很不好意思 我都不记得了
I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember it.
因为这事根本就没发生过
That's because it never happened.
我到荆棘崖的时候
By the time I got to Briarcliff,
裘德已经不在了
Jude was gone.
我应该早点去的
I should've gone back sooner.
但你关掉了荆棘崖
But you did shut down Briarcliff.
的确 但这并不是我想要的结果
Yes, but it's not the ending I wanted.
总算是结束了
It was one hell of an ending,
但并不是我想要的结局
just not the one I wanted.
这里你们应该插播广♥告♥了
And there's your promo.
我们休息一会儿吧 我要补补妆
Let's take a break. I need to freshen up.
温特斯女士需要休息一下
Ms. Winters needs a break.
五分钟后我们继续
Five and we're back.
想喝点什么
Would you like something to drink?
一杯苏打水吧
I'd love a sparkling water.
能给温特斯女士拿一杯苏打水来吗
Would you get Ms. Winters a sparkling water, please?
谢谢
Thanks.
你真乖
You're a doll.
是我的荣幸 温特斯女士
My pleasure, Ms. Winters.
-基特 -老天爷啊
- Kit. - Holy shit.
拉娜
Lana!
我刚才还在看新闻呢
I was just watching the news.
你做到了
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表