-你是说蒂莫西·霍华德红衣主教 -对
- You mean Cardinal Timothy Howard? - Yeah.
是红衣主教
Cardinal.
他告诉我 他已经被认命为纽约红衣主教
He... he told me that he had been appointed Cardinal of New York.
两年半以前的事了
Two and a half years ago.
什么
What?
在教会把荆棘崖交给州政♥府♥不久之后
Timothy Howard was appointed Cardinal of New York
蒂莫西·霍华德就被认命为纽约红衣主教
shortly after the Church donated Briarcliff to the State.
那是两年半以前的事了
Two and a half years ago.
不
No.
不 我刚刚
No, I just... I...
我周一刚跟他谈过
I just talked to him on Monday.
贝蒂 你糊涂了
You're confused, Betty.
我没有
I am not!
我没糊涂
I'm not confused.
你问小胡椒 她当时也在场
Ask Pepper. She was there.
-小胡椒 -对 小胡椒
- Pepper? - Pepper. Yeah.
头小小的那个
The pinhead.
她是我朋友
She's a friend of mine.
是的 那个小头症患者
Oh, yes, that poor microcephalic creature.
她死的时候你可伤心了
You were very upset when she passed.
死了
Passed?
小胡椒死了 贝蒂
Pepper died, Betty.
1966年冬天
Winter of '66.
我们接管后不久
Shortly after we took over.
你不记得了吗
Don't you remember?
没关系 贝蒂
It's all right, Betty.
我会告诉克雷登医生给你加大药量
I'll talk to Dr. Crayden about upping your chlorpromazine levels.
一切都会好起来的
Everything's going to be all right.
先生们女士们 我十分荣幸
Ladies and gentlemen, it is my distinct honor
请来了纽曼丛书《疯子》的作者
to welcome to Newman's Books the writer of Maniac
这是一个女人求生的故事
One Woman's Story of Survival.
在纽♥约♥时♥报♥畅销书榜单上已经
It's been on The New York Times Best Seller list for...
上榜十周
ten weeks now.
这本书非常刺♥激♥
The book is a sensation,
我迫不及待一口气就读完了
and after devouring it in one sitting,
我必须说 她是我的英雄
I can honestly say... she's my hero.
有请我们新晋最受喜爱作家
Please welcome my new favorite author,
拉娜·温特斯
Lana Winters.
在签售之前 我受邀朗读一小段内容
I've been asked to do a small reading before the signing.
那我开始了
So here goes.
"待了多久呢
"How long had it been?
"二十分钟 二十小时
"20 minutes? 20 hours?
"还是二十天 在没有窗也没有钟的房♥间里
"20 days? In a windowless room without a clock,
"时间就像我承担不起的奢侈品
"Time felt like a luxury I couldn't afford.
"我告诫自己 当下每个瞬间 时间都可能停止
"I reminded myself, any moment now, my time could end.
"我为了挖掘真♥相♥而撒谎
"And all the minutes I extracted with my lies,
"而展现情愫与共鸣的每一分钟
"With the show of affections and empathy,
"都像从我指缝流过的细沙
"Could slip from my grasp like sand through my fingers.
"滴答 滴答 滴答
"Click, click, click.
"荧光灯明灭不定
"The fluorescent lights flickered on.
"肾上腺素流淌于我的身体
"Adrenaline coursed through my body.
"我肌肉拉紧
"My muscles tensed.
"我的心在胸腔中狂跳
"My heart pounded through my chest.
"他的出现总是出其不意
"His appearance was always unexpected.
"我逐渐相信他一直在监视我
"I came to believe he was always watching me,
"等着抓我个措手不及
"Waiting to catch me off guard.
"但这一次
"But this time,
"来地下室的脚步声不止一个
"There was more than one coming down the basement steps.
"另一个女人
"Another woman,
"她双手被捆在身后 步履蹒跚于他跟前
"Her hands tied behind her back, staggered in front of him.
"她跌跌撞撞走下楼梯 艰难地踏上瓷砖地板
"She stumbled down the stairs, landing hard on the tile floor.
"然后她抬头看着我
"And she looked up at me,
"我好像照镜子一样
"And it was as if I was looking in a mirror
"只看到了我内心的绝望
"And saw my own despair.
"他转向我 说道
"That's when he turned to me and said,
"'跟我们的新玩具打个招呼吧'"
"'Say hi to our new toy.'"
一派胡言
That's bullshit.
那不是真的
That never happened.
你告诉过我你准备那么做
You told me that that's what you were going to do.
你用那种想法折磨我
You tortured me with the idea,
好像我该为下一个受害者负责
that somehow I would be responsible for another victim.
我说说罢了 但我没那么做
I suggested it-- I never did it.
因为我在你那么做之前就逃跑了
Because I escaped before you could.
但拉娜 那还是谎言
It's still a lie, Lana.
你写进书里只是因为
You put it in your book just so you could
那能增加销量 都卖♥♥光了
sell more copies. You sold out.
我是个作家
I'm a writer.
我的工作就是说出真♥相♥的本质
It's my job to tell the essence of truth.
所以你把我称为室友吗
Is that why you called me your roommate?
我是你的爱人 但在书中
I was your lover, but in your book,
我被贴上无性恋的标签
I was covered in a cloak of asexuality.
我们共同的生活没有了
Our life together disappeared.
那部分生活和这本书没什么关系
That part of my life wasn't pertinent to the book.
那可能会让读者混淆了中心主题
It would have distracted the reader from the central theme.
主题是你吧
Your theme?
承认吧 拉娜
Face it, Lana,
你只对一件事感兴趣
you're only interested in one thing:
名声
fame.
温特斯小姐
Miss Winters?
抱歉 我忘记刚才读到哪了
I'm sorry. I must have lost my place.
不
No.
我才抱歉
I'm sorry.
很抱歉让你回顾往事
I'm sorry you had to go through that again.
你真是太勇敢了
You're so incredibly brave.
谢谢
Thank you.
我没找到零嘴
I couldn't find any snacks.
不是让你带上杏仁了吗
Didn't I ask you to pack almonds?
拉环都是温的
This tab is warm.
-天哪 -他们没有冰块
- Jesus. - Uh, they don't have any ice here.
那还不快去街对面的酒店拿
So then hightail it to the HoJo's across the street.
好的
Okay.
要献给谁
So who do I make it out to?
基特
Kit.
基特·沃克
Kit Walker.
天啊
Oh, my God.
基特
Kit...
亲爱的
Oh, sweetheart.
格蕾丝的事我很遗憾
I was so sorry to hear about Grace.
我想写信给你的
I wanted to write to you.
要是收到你的来信我会很开心
Well, would've been nice to hear from you.
不瞒你说
Can't lie.
不 是的 我知道 只是
No, yes, I know, it's just...
这太疯狂了
It's been so crazy.
我刚把电影版权卖♥♥给了好莱坞
I just sold the film rights to Hollywood.
难以置信吧
Can you believe it?
-太棒了 -是啊
- Wow. - Yeah.
你觉得塔斯黛·韦尔德演我怎么样
What do you think of Tuesday Weld as me?
我太会白日做梦了 对吧
Well, a girl can dream, right?
她一定能演好你
She'd be a great you.
惟妙惟肖
Great you.
有时间和我喝杯咖啡吗
So, uh, you got time for a cup of coffee?
你看到我上《卡维特脱口秀》了吗
Did you see me on Cavett?
我很紧张 但应该表现不错
I was so nervous, but I think I did well.
插播广♥告♥时 他对我赞不绝口
He was very complimentary during the commercials.
我肯定你的魅力征服了他们
I'm sure you knocked 'em dead.
话说 你回过荆棘崖吗
Anyway, you been back to Briarcliff?
天啊 基特 你一定想不到
Oh my God, Kit, you are not gonna believe
我接着要做什么
what I'm doing next.
我要写利·艾默生逃出荆棘崖之后的
A book about Leigh Emerson and his crime spree
疯狂犯罪
after he escaped from Briarcliff.
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表