或是听说过哈洛[美国心理学家]的研究
or heard about the Harlow studies?
让猕猴幼仔在
Baby rhesus monkeys
出生之后 与它们的母亲分开
were separated from their mothers after birth,
然后给它们两个替身妈妈
and they were given two substitute mothers:
一个是可供奶水的铁丝母猴
a wire mesh one with milk
另一个是柔软的绒布母猴
and the other covered in terrycloth.
所有猴子都偏爱那只绒布母猴
Every monkey preferred the terrycloth-covered mother,
即便它没有奶水
even if it didn't have milk.
因为温暖吗
Because of the warmth?
因为它的触感
Because of the skin.
连猴子都能觉察出差异
Even monkeys know the difference.
我试过了 我真的试过
I tried, I really tried.
但是那具尸体根本无法满足我的渴望
But that cadaver did nothing to quiet my craving.
我需要...
I needed someone...
更具有生命力的人
...a little more lively.
温暖的鲜活的皮肤
Warm living skin.
不 不 不 不
No, no, no, no, no.
没事的
It's okay.
别担心 因为你现在在这里
It's okay, because now you're here,
那些都是过去的事了
all of that work is behind me.
妈妈
Mommy.
喂
Hello?
裘德修女
Sister Jude.
我是山姆·古德曼
It's Sam Goodman.
山姆 我给你打过几通电♥话♥
Sam, I tried calling you,
但你从没回过
but you never got back to me.
我忙着处理你的案子
I was working on your case.
但我请你停手了
Yes, but I-I-I asked you to stop.
这个女孩 这个精神病人
I mean, this girl, this mental patient,
她不是安妮·弗兰克
she wasn't Anne Frank.
整件事都是她捏造的
I mean, she just made the whole thing up.
但不知何故 她没说错
Well, somehow, she got it right.
他就是汉斯·高帕
He is Hans Gruper.
他是纳粹党卫军
He was an SS officer
也是奥斯威辛集中营的医生
and a physician at Auschwitz.
什么
What?
你是说...
Did you say...
她都说中了
she got it right?
集中营解放后
After the liberation,
他从国际红十字会
he obtained a laissez-passer
取得了护照 化名亚瑟·奥尔顿
from the International Red Cross under the name Arthur Arden.
我有红十字会的原始文件
I have the original documents from the Red Cross,
但我需要高帕的指纹做匹配
but I need Gruper's fingerprint to establish a match.
小心 这个人很危险并且可能潜逃
Be careful. The man is dangerous and a flight risk.
这些人随时戒备着
These men are always on their guard.
一旦察觉不妙 就会立即消失
The moment they get nervous, they disappear.
一拿到指纹
As soon as you have the print,
立刻送到旅馆来
bring it directly to the motel.
你是谁
Who are you?
我是詹妮
I'm Jenny.
我跟你妈妈说了
I told your mother,
这里没有儿童病房♥
we don't have a children's ward here.
-她人呢 -她走了
- Where is she? - She's gone.
她亲吻了我的脸颊
She kissed me on the cheek
跟我说"要听话 詹妮"
and said, "Be good, Jenny."
玛丽·尤妮斯修女
Sister Mary Eunice!
这里需要你帮忙
I need help here.
主教大人 感谢您的到来
Monsignor, thank you for coming.
我很荣幸
Oh, it's my pleasure.
让我来主持临终祈祷是我的荣幸
I consider it a privilege to perform last rites.
多谢上帝 您真是慈悲为怀
Oh, thank God you're a man of compassion.
我们也请过附近的几个神父
We called several priests in the area,
但他们都因新闻报道陷入恐慌
but they were all in a panic over the news reports.
尤其新闻还刊登了病人的恐怖照片
Especially after they published those grim pictures of her.
她到底得了什么病
What exactly is wrong with her?
没人知道
No one knows.
我们的医生做了一系列检查
Our doctors have ordered a battery of tests.
她肺结核检测结果呈阳性
But she did test positive for TB.
没想到现在还有人得结核病
Oh, I didn't realize there were still new cases.
事先提醒一下
I should warn you...
她的样子确实有点吓人
the sight of her is quite shocking.
我们都是上帝的子民
We're all God's creatures.
有需要到大厅叫我
I'll be in the hall if you need me.
我的孩子
Hi, child.
你是谢莉吗
Shelly?
看看这里
Oh, look at that,
詹姆斯神父
Father James.
这里用作病人的休息室再适合不过了
This will make a splendid dayroom for our residents.
我以为所有的肺结核病人都转移了呢
All right, I thought all TB patients had been cleared out.
这些是无药可救的
These are the incurables,
他们的结核症状太过严重
those whose tuberculosis was too far advanced
何种灵丹妙药都无效
for any of the new miracle drugs to have an effect.
上帝保佑
God bless.
他还活着
Well, he hasn't yet.
我是亚瑟·奥尔顿医生
Dr. Arthur Arden,
荆棘崖肺结核病房♥主治医师
Briarcliff's Tubercular Ward's supervising physician.
或者该说 前主治医师
Former supervising physician, I should say.
我是蒂莫西·霍华德神父...
Father Timothy Howard...
我知道你们是谁
Yes, I know who you are.
你们是新房♥主
You're the new owner.
莎莉·斯塔恩斯
Sally Starns.
她曾经是这里的护士
She was actually a nurse here at one time.
幸运的话还能撑到明早
She won't live till morning, not if she's lucky.
藉此神圣的傅油
Through this holy anointing,
并赖上帝的无限仁慈
may the Lord and his love
愿上帝以圣神的恩宠助佑你
and mercy help you with the grace of the Holy Spirit.
赦免你的罪 拯救你 并减轻你的痛苦
May the Lord who frees you from sin save you and raise you up.
没关系的 孩子
It's all right, my daughter.
上帝在向你伸开双臂
The Prince of Peace opens his arms to you.
传染病最猖獗的时候
Back when the epidemic was at its worst,
我们有时候一周要运下来一百多具尸体
we'd sometimes move more than 100 bodies a week down through here.
那么多葬礼怎么来得及处理
How did you manage to keep up with all the burials?
没有葬礼
There were no burials.
大多数病人过来很久了 早被遗忘了
Most of the people here have long since been forgotten.
我们在后面的火葬场火化尸体
We incinerate the bodies in the crematorium out back
把骨灰放在这里
and store the ashes in here.
这些都是消逝的生命啊
All these wasted lives.
都是浪费的机会
All these wasted opportunities.
我想你也松了一口气吧
I suppose it will be a relief for you
终于能离开这个地方了
to finally leave this place.
在荆棘崖工作的结束
The end of my tenure at Briarcliff
也意味着我研究的终结
also means the end of my research.
研究
Research?
我在研究一种免疫增强剂
I've been working on an immune booster.
可以说 类似于细菌的混合液
It's a sort of bacterial cocktail, if you will.
事实上它将抑制大部分疾病
It would actually inhibit most disease
肆虐人的身体
from ever taking hold in the human body.
你需要什么来推动下一步研究呢
What would you need to further your work?
下一步就要做人体试验了
Human trials would have been the next step.
我猜很难找到志愿者
I assume it would be difficult to find volunteers.
从普通群众找的话 是很难
From the general public, yes.
但是有一些活着却毫无价值的人
But there are those whose lives otherwise serve no purpose.
通过我们的合作
Through our work together,
他们将会为人类更高的利益做出贡献
they would have contributed to the greater good.
那样的成就必定会扬名全世界
A good that would not go unnoticed.
甚至声名远扬罗马
Even in Rome.
不知有何贵干
I'm sorry.
你是更喜欢莫扎特吗
Would you have preferred Mozart?
裘德说的很对
Jude was right about you.
你是个怪物
You're a monster.
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表