古德曼先生
Mr. Goodman?
古德曼先生是我父亲 愿他安息
Mr. Goodman was my father, alev hashalom.
叫我山姆就行
Please call me Sam.
很抱歉我们得这么见面
I am sorry we have to meet like this,
但我工作的重点就是保密
but confidentiality is the heart and soul of my work.
我懂 克劳迪娅嬷嬷都跟我说过了
Yes, uh, Mother Claudia explained all that to me.
只有她知道我来这里
She's the only one who knows I'm here.
我也不会让别人知道
I'd like to keep it that way.
大主教认为我疯了
The monsignor, he thinks I've lost my mind,
但我没有
but I haven't.
我...我相信自己的直觉
I, um... I trust my instincts.
直觉就是一切
Instincts are everything.
无视它就要自负后果
We ignore them at our peril.
我用不用...
Do I...
付你钱
pay you for this?
不不 我做这个不是为了钱
No, no, no, no. I don't do this for money.
这更像是我的使命
It's more of a calling.
你失去过亲人吗
Did you lose someone?
全部亲人
Everyone.
那是给我的吗
Is that for me?
请坐
Please sit.
谢谢
Thank you.
他用的是奥尔顿这个名字
He goes by the name Arden,
但他的真名可能是高帕
but I believe his real name may be Gruper.
他可能是一名前纳粹党卫军医生
He may have been an SS doctor.
里面没什么信息
I mean, there's hardly anything at all in there.
只有一个家庭住址 还有可能是假的
Um, just a home address, and even that may be a lie.
也许就是假的 全都是假的
It probably is a lie, all of it.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你听说过"回形针行动"吗
Have you heard of Operation Paperclip?
战后 联合情报目标局
After the war, the joint intelligence objectives agency
雇佣了一批顶尖纳粹科学家
actively recruited the best Nazi scientists.
为了规避杜鲁门驱逐纳粹支持者的特令
To get around Truman's express orders to exclude Nazi supporters,
他们为那些人造了假身份
they created false biographies for these men.
抱歉冒昧提问
Forgive the question,
他没穿上衣的时候你见过吗
but have you ever seen him without a shirt on?
我 没有 从没有
Me? Oh, no, no, never.
纳粹党卫军成员会在这里纹上他们的血型
SS have a tattoo of their blood type here.
这也是解放后他们可以很容易地
It's how they were easily identified
被盟军认出来的原因
by the allied forces after the liberation.
我要不要去找找
Do I need to look for it?
不要 不要
No, no, no.
在我完成我的工作前 你什么都不要做
In fact, don't do anything until I've completed my work.
如果他确实如你所怀疑
If he is who you suspect,
你最不该做的事 就是逼他
the last thing you want to do is corner him.
纳粹猎手标志
奥尔顿医生
Dr. Arden?
站住 别管他 裘德修女呢
Stop. You leave him there. Where's Sister Jude?
我要立刻跟她谈谈
I have to speak to her right away.
这个人是个魔鬼
This man is a monster.
你该看看他的办公室里有什么
You should see what he's got in his office.
去吧 修女
Go, Sister.
为了这一刻我等了这么多年
I've waited so many years for this.
多等几分钟也没关系
I can wait a few more minutes.
放下枪 不然我就把你的脑袋打爆
Drop the gun, or I'll blow your goddamn head off.
我听说你反抗得很厉害
You put up a bit of a fight, I hear.
不得不给你施镇定剂
You had to be sedated.
你从哪拿到那把枪的 安妮
Where did you get the gun, Anne?
从一个警探身上偷的
I took it off one of those detectives.
幸亏我拿了枪
And it's a good thing I did.
不然早被他杀了
He would've killed me.
-奥尔顿医生吗 -高帕
- Dr. Arden? - Gruper.
汉斯·高帕 我跟你说过 他是个纳粹
Hans Gruper, I told you. He's a Nazi.
你看过他实验室里那东西吗
The thing in his lab, did you see it?
什么东西 告诉我你看到了什么
What thing? Tell me, what do you think you saw?
天哪 他早在被人发现前就处理掉了
Oh, god. He got rid of it before anyone could see.
奥尔顿医生身体状况可不允许
Dr. Arden was in no condition to do any such thing.
我到的时候 他正被火速送往医院
When I arrived, he was being rushed to the hospital.
很好 希望他去死
Good. I hope he dies.
好了 清醒过来 他不会死的
Now, come on, wake up. He's not going to die.
他很快就会回来
He'll be back here and soon.
也许和警♥察♥一起 也许和大主教一起
Maybe with the police, maybe with the monsignor.
你也许会死在他的手术台上
You could end up on his operating table,
而我会落魄街头 所以在这之前
and I out on the street, so before that happens,
赶紧告诉我你看到了什么
I want you to tell me what you think you saw.
你自己去看
Go and look.
我们去看过了
We did look.
弗兰克说 你声称看到了
Now, Frank says you claimed to have seen
某种活物
some sort of creature that was alive.
也许它自己逃了
Maybe it escaped on its own.
我不这么想 修女
I doubt that, Sister.
那东西没有腿
It had no legs.
裘德修女
Sister Jude?
你没看到我很忙吗
Can't you see I'm busy?
你办公室里来了个男人
There's a man in your office.
什么男人
What man?
他说来干什么了吗
Did he say what he wanted?
找他妻子
His wife.
她叫夏洛特
Her name is Charlotte.
夏洛特·布朗是她婚后的名字
Charlotte Brown is her married name.
她以前叫夏洛特·科恩
She was born Charlotte Cohen.
这是我们的儿子 大卫
That's our son, David.
他是个可爱的小男孩
He's a sweet little boy,
但是他患有疝气
but he has the colic.
一晚上要哭醒五六次
He cries five, six times a night.
我们对他的痛苦束手无策
Nothing we can do to comfort him.
这足以逼疯任何人
It's enough to make anyone a little cuckoo,
尤其是像夏洛特这样精神高度紧张的女人
especially a woman as high-strung as Charlotte.
逼疯
Cuckoo.
高度紧张
High-strung.
不如说是世界级的女演员
How about world-class actress?
她扮演安妮·弗兰克
She was very convincing,
可真有一套
playing Anne Frank.
这一切就是这样开始的
That's how it all started.
她看了那本日记
She read the diary,
在她怀胎八月之时
and when she was eight months pregnant,
我们驾车去波士顿看关于安妮·弗兰克的演出
we drove down to Boston to see a production of Anne Frank.
当她看了演出 某些情绪被触动了
Just sort of hit her in some personal way when she saw the play.
人们有时候确实
I would say that people sometimes
说她很像安妮·弗兰克
remark that she resembled Anne Frank.
她们年龄相仿
They were the same age.
那她手臂上的纹身...
So, the tattoo on her arm...
夏洛特
Charlotte?
你♥他♥妈♥在干什么
What the hell are you doing?
从剧院回来后就变成这样了吗
And all of this happened after a night in the theater?
不 是孩子出生后开始的
No. It all started after we had the baby.
孩子的哭声让她难以入眠
She couldn't sleep because of the crying.
她说这使她倍感无力
She said it made her feel powerless.
她开始对孩子置若罔闻
She began to turn a deaf ear,
还出门去图书馆
and then she began leaving the house
查阅奥斯威辛的资料
and going to a library to read about Auschwitz.
就好像她想体验一次那种生活
It's almost like she wanted to relive it.
这样她就能改变历史
That she somehow could change the outcome.
她没完没了地说着
She'd go on about these babies
被毒杀虐待的婴儿
who were gassed and tortured,
然后我问她
and I'd ask her,
"那你自己的孩子怎么办 夏洛特"
"what about your own baby, Charlotte?"
他不需要我 他要的是你
He doesn't want me. He wants you.
他需要母亲
He wants his mother.
我一直在跟你说 我忍♥不住
I keep telling you, I can't help it!
需要我的并不是他
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表