In fact, He tried it on with me, the bugger.
那个混♥蛋♥和我理论
How much will we pay for definite proof that Underhay's still alive?
证明安得海还活着 我们该付他多少钱?
At that point l lost my rag. Told him
那时我气极了 我告诉他
if Underhay were still around we were...
如果安得海还活着的话 我们就...
Pardon. What is ''lost my rag''?
不好意思 气极了是什么意思?
- lt's when you lose... - Lose one's temper. Thank you.
- 就是当你... - 气急败坏 谢谢
l said if Underhay was still around we were quite capable of establishing the fact ourselves.
我说如果安得海还活着 我们自己就可以证明
We're not, of course. That's why l came to you.
当然 我们不能 所以我才找你的
At what time did you ''lose your rag'', Mr Cloade?
你是什么时候气极了的 柯罗德先生?
l don't know. Too busy storming off.Ask Bea.
我不知道 太生气了 问碧翠斯吧
l have. She says half past six.
我问过了 她说是六点半
Then l expect that's when it was.
那应该就是那会儿了
l also expect Bea told you that Hunter came back here just after l left,
我猜碧翠斯还跟你说过 我走后不久汉特来过
which makes him the last person to see Arden alive.
这样的话 他就是最后一个见到雅顿的人
We shall have the need to speak to him and his sister.
我们得跟他和他妹妹谈谈
- They're in London. - Tiens.
- 他们在伦敦 - 哦
Superintendent, will you be good enough to make the call
警长 你方不方便打电♥话♥
and to give to them the invitation most pressing to come today to my apartment.
邀请他们到我公♥寓♥来一趟
- l'll get a car to take us to London. - Merci.
- 我找辆车送我们去伦敦 - 谢谢
- Johnson. - Yes, sir.
- 约翰逊 - 是的 长官
And George, the guests,
乔治 客人们
Monsieur Hunter and Madame Cloade?
汉特先生和柯罗德女士到了吗?
Already here, monsieur. Er, monsieur.
已经到了 先生 呃 先生
Oui? Ah, merci.
怎么? 啊 谢谢
They've um...made themselves comfortable.
他们正在四处看看
Good pictures.
这画不错
- Poirot you already know. - Madame.
- 你已经认识波罗了 - 女士您好
And, judging by the cheap shoes... some policeman.
从那双廉价的鞋来看... 是个警♥察♥
Superintendent Harold Spence.
哈罗德·斯彭斯警长
Superintendent Harold Spence.
哈罗德·斯彭斯警长
lt is so good of you both to come at such short notice.
非常感谢你们能在这么短的时间内赶过来
Look, Poirot, you may have time for small talk,
波罗 你或许有时间在这里闲聊
but Harold here is working and l'm easily bored.
但是哈罗德在工作 而我也没什么耐心
What's going on?
什么事?
Enoch Arden's dead.
伊诺克·雅顿死了
You interest me, actually, Harold. Go on.
你提起我的兴趣了 哈罗德 继续
You know the man l'm speaking of,
你认识我说的这个人
and you're not surprised to hear that he's dead?
而且你听到他死亡一点也不惊讶
That about sums it up, yes. Are you working on this?
基本上是的 你也调查这件事吗?
No, the superintendent he searches for the murderer.
不 警长先生调查这起谋杀案
Hercule Poirot searches for Robert Underhay.
赫尔克里·波罗调查罗伯特·安得海
But the information we discover maybe of mutual benefit.
不过我们发现的情况可能对双方都有用
You don't deny discussing Underhay
你不介意谈论安得海
with the man calling himself Arden?
和那个自称是雅顿的人吧?
l haven't had the chance to deny anything, Harold. l can't get a word in edgeways.
我没权力拒绝 哈罗德 我根本插不上话
Robert is dead.
罗伯特已经死了
Just for the sake of form, Mr Hunter
只是例行公事 汉特先生
why don't you tell me where you were between the hours of six and nine last night?
昨晚六点到九点你在哪里?
for the sake of form why don't l refuse to answer?
例行公事的话 我为什么不能拒绝回答呢?
A refusal to co-operate will incriminate you.
拒绝与警方合作会获罪的
l can only incriminate myself if l'm actually guilty of a crime. He's not very bright, is he?
我真的犯罪了才会获罪 他不太聪明 是吧?
You should work alone.
你应该一个人干
Monsieur Hunter, what did Arden want?
汉特先生 雅顿想要什么?
l've made it my job to intercept and destroy every crooked attempt
我的职责是拦截并消毁一切不正当的
to relieve my sister of her fortune.
会使我妹妹失去财产的企图
And l've heard some very pretty tales of hardship and misery, mostly from the Cloades.
我听过一些柯罗德家的艰辛史的鬼话
But to use Underhay for blackmail...
但是用安得海来敲诈...
.. that takes the cake.
.. 却蠢到了极点
l wanted to see what sort of''Underhay''the man would produce
我想看看他准备怎么表演安得海
because it wouldn't be a live one.
因为他已经死了
However, to protect my sister, l decided to pay the man off.
不过 为了保护我的妹妹 我决定付钱给他
Why open old wounds, eh?
为什么要揭开旧伤疤 嗯?
Beatrice Lippincott says
碧翠斯·利平科特说那晚
you paid a second visit to Arden that evening. Why?
你又第二次去找过雅顿 为什么?
To tell him he'd get his blasted money.
去告诉他 他会得到那些该死的钱
And when l talked to him, he was alive.
我告诉他的时候 他还活着
Madame Cloade.
柯罗德女士
The man Arden claimed that he knew your first husband for Robert Underhay.
雅顿声称认识你的前夫罗伯特·安得海
Therefore it is possible that you knew him perhaps by another name?
你有无可能知道他的另一个名字?
- So if you would be so kind... - Slow down, Poirot.
- 如果你能... - 稍等 波罗
l'm not going to have Harold drag my sister off to see some battered corpse.
我不会让哈罗德拉着我的妹妹去认什么烂尸体
''Battered'', monsieur?
''烂'' 先生?
Very well.
好吧
Can't you see what they're suggesting?
你听不出他们在暗示什么吗?
They're saying that this dead man could be Robert.
他们说这位死者可能是罗伯特
l must find out for myself
我得自己去看看
How can l not, David?
我怎么能不去呢 大卫?
Please.
拜托
Well, forgive me, but l have little faith in that exercise.
请原谅 我对这件事情没什么信心
Under the circumstances is she likely to identify the corpse as Underhay?
在这样的情况下 她会说尸体是安得海吗?
S'il vous plait!
请安静!
Oui. Merci beaucoup.
是的 太谢谢了
Superintendent, you have been most kind. Au revoir.
警长 你人太好了 再见
The afternoon of the murder
谋杀案那天的下午
Rosaleen Cloade telephoned to her bankers
罗莎琳·柯罗德给银行打过电♥话♥
to arrange the withdrawal of 20,000...in cash.
要求支取两万英镑现金
God. Bloody hell, we've got him!
天哪 娘的 我们逮到他了!
You construe this as evidence against David Hunter?
你觉得这是指证大卫·汉特的证据?
Hunter made her do it because he'd decided to pay.
这事是大卫让她做的 因为他决定付钱
yes, l'd call that evidence, with knobs on.
对 我认为那就是证据 当然
Non.
不
lt is evidence corroborating the existence of blackmail.
这是敲诈的证据
lt is not evidence of the intent to commit murder. You cannot have it both ways, my friend.
这不是谋杀的证据 你不能把两者弄混 朋友
Either Monsieur Hunter he was preparing to pay,
汉特先生要么就是准备付钱
or he was preparing to kill!
要么就是准备杀人!
Ach, ma foi!
天啊!
This whole case, it is entirely the wrong shape.
整个案子 完全不对头
And above all else, the dead man he is also wrong.
最重要的是 死者也有很大问题
Enoch Arden. Not even an anagram.
伊诺克·雅顿 这名字甚至不是回文的化名
No, he's a character in Tennyson.
不 他是坦尼森的人
- Hm? - l looked him up.
- 嗯? - 我调查过他
Bloke goes off and comes back to find
这家伙离开了 回来就发现
his wife's gone and married someone else.
他的妻子走了 嫁给了别人
Uh, l can't remember what he does next.
我不知道他接下来要干什么
What you need, Monsieur Cloade, is a witness who is independent,
柯罗德先生 你需要的是一位证人
who has no connection with the family,
他和这个家庭没有联♥系♥
who knew Robert Underhay,
而且认识罗伯特·安得海
and can point to the dead man and say,
可以指认死者说
''Yes, that is Robert Underhay,''
''是的 他就是罗伯特·安得海''
or ''Non, that is not,''
或 ''他不是''
and you will have, without doubt, the truth.
然后你就会得到真♥相♥
Obviously, but where are we going to find such a convenient individual?
当然 可是我们去哪里找这么个人呢?
Monsieur Cloade, have you not engaged
柯罗德先生 你没意识到自己
the services of the greatest detective in the world?
在享受一位世界闻名大侦探的服务吗?
Viens! Come and meet your star witness.
来吧! 来见见你的主要证人吧
Major Porter, greetings.
波特少校 你好
l...uh...don't suppose you've got a smoke, Monsieur Poirot?
... 呃 ... 你有烟吗 波罗先生?
l seem to have run myself dry.
我快馋死了
- But of course. - Oh, most kind. Mm.
- 当然 - 噢 太好了
Lynn, don't you see?
林恩 你还不明白吗?
lf this Porter character identifies the dead man as Rosaleen's husband
如果这个波特指认死者是罗莎琳的丈夫
he was still her husband
她和戈登非法重婚的时候
when she embarked on a bigamous and unlawful marriage to Gordon.
死者仍是她的合法丈夫
That means Gordon's original will still stands.
也就是说戈登以前的遗嘱仍然有效
Uh...
啊...
Yes, exactly! And that means quartershare of the entire estate to Jeremy,
对啊! 也就是说四分之一的财产给杰若米
quarter to Kathy, quarter to your mother,
四分之一给凯西 你母亲得四分之一
and a quarter to me.
我得四分之一
lf we all work to ginger up proceedings,
如果我们为这事加把劲的话
we could have the money in our pockets by next year.
我们明年就能拿到钱了
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表