Or Shaitana ruined his daughter,
或者谢塔纳毁了他的女儿
or his sister, if he had a sister.
或者姐姐 如果他有姐姐的话
Or Roberts is a bigamist
或者罗伯茨是个重婚的
and Shaitana knew it.
而谢塔纳知道了这一点
Or, how about this?
或者 这个怎么样?
Roberts secretly married Shaitana's long forgotten second cousin
罗伯茨私下里娶了早被谢塔纳遗忘的远方堂妹
and stands to inherit a fortune in Syrian gold.
图谋继承叙利亚金矿的一大笔遗产
How many's that?
多少个了?
- Four. - This is really good.
- 四个 - 真不错
Suppose, suppose Shaitana knew some secret
假设 假设谢塔纳知道
in Roberts's past.
罗伯茨某些不为人知的过去
Did you notice, my dear,
你注意到了吗 亲爱的
he said something most peculiar at dinner,
他晚餐的时候说了一些奇怪的话
just before he was killed?
就在他被杀之前
I don't think I did.
我没有注意
What did he say?
他说了什么?
Oh, I don't know, something about, oh, what was it?
嗯 记不大清了 关于 嗯 是什么来着?
Accidents, poisons.
意外 毒药
What were the words he used?
他当时是怎么说的?
I don't remember anything like that. Sorry.
我不记得了 抱歉
Anne, you're cold. Let's go in.
安妮 你有点冷了 咱们进去吧
Bring the tray, dear.
拿上托盘 亲爱的
You see, he could have been referring directly to Dr Roberts,
他很可能暗示的就是罗伯茨医生
and only Dr Roberts knew it,
只有罗伯茨自己知道
which is why he made a joke about poisoning his patients.
所以他才会拿毒死病人开玩笑
But I bet it wasn't a joke.
但是我打赌那不是个玩笑
I bet he's murdered dozens of them.
我猜他已经谋杀了好几个人
Do doctors usually murder their patients?
医生通常会杀死他们的病人吗?
Wouldn't it have a rather regrettable effect on their practice?
那样岂不是糟蹋他们自己的名声?
Oh, Anne, Mrs Oliver's trying to help!
嘿 安妮 奥利弗夫人只是想帮忙!
I just wanted to say thank you for coming, Mrs Oliver!
我想说 谢谢您能来 奥利弗夫人!
So good of you to try and get us out of a jam.
很高兴您能赏光 也让我们摆脱困境
Act on your instincts, I say. Ah.
跟着直觉走 啊
Here's my card.
这是我的名片
You can look me up in town, if you like.
你可以去城里找我 如果你愿意的话
Thank you.
谢谢
Bye-bye!
拜拜!
No, thank you.
不 谢谢你
I have taken the liberty of mentioning your name to my solicitor.
我冒昧地跟我的律师提到了你的名字
It's a beastly business, dragging a girl into an affair of this kind.
这很残酷 将一个女孩拖进这种事情当中
Who do you think did it? Roberts?
你认为是谁做的? 罗伯茨吗?
I may have done it myself, for all you know.
以你们所知 可能是我做的
We know you didn't.
我们知道不是你
Never take anything for granted, Miss Meredith.
不要把任何事想当然 梅雷迪思小姐
Well, I must be off back to town.
好了 我必须回城了
Thank you.
谢谢
Listen, don't be offended.
听着 这可能很冒昧
I... well, I think you're awfully nice.
我..嗯 我觉得你很漂亮
But there may be something you don't want to come out,
有些事你可能说不出口
something Shaitana perhaps got an inkling of.
一些谢塔纳略有所知的事情
If so, remember you're within your rights to refuse to answer any questions
如果真是这样 记住你有权拒绝回答任何问题
unless your solicitor's present.
除非你的律师在场
Oh, do be cautious, Anne.
哦 一定要小心 安妮
You know what men are like.
你知道男人是什么样
Yes, but he is frightfully attractive.
是啊 但是他很有魅力
Thank heavens we've got the place to ourselves at last.
感谢上帝 终于只剩我们了
You have lost two husbands?
你已经失去了两任丈夫?
I am sorry to say I have.
很遗憾 确实是这样
Tristesse.
真悲伤
Well, that must have been so hard for you and your...
天啊 那一定很难 对于你和你的...
Pardon, do you have children?
不好意思 你有孩子吗?
No. I've no children. How may I help you?
不 我没有孩子 我能帮你吗?
I would like you to describe the room in which, Monsieur Shaitana, he was killed.
我想请你描述一下谢塔纳先生被杀的那个房♥间
What an extraordinary request.
多么出乎意料的请求
Well, it was a large room.
嗯 那是个很大的房♥间
There were a good many objects in it.
里面有很多东西
And can you describe to me these objects?
您能为我描述一下都是些什么东西吗?
Well...
嗯...
some chairs, sofas...
一些椅子 沙发...
And can you remember what was the colour of the upholstery?
那么你能记起沙发垫的颜色吗?
No.
不
Ah.
啊
Do you remember anything else at all?
还记得其他东西吗?
No.
不
Do you remember these?
你是否记得这些?
I wonder if you could help me to reconstruct the hands.
不知你能否帮我重现牌局
Er, well, there was...
嗯 好吧 当时有
Yes, there was quite a lot of bidding on this hand, I remember.
是的 我记得那一局有很多次叫牌
Miss Meredith passed.
梅雷迪思小姐放弃了
Major Despard went a heart.
德斯帕德少校叫了一张红心
I bid one spade.
我叫了一张黑桃
Dr Roberts made a jump bid of three clubs.
罗伯茨医生越级叫了三张梅花
Miss Meredith went three spades.
梅雷迪思又叫了三张黑桃
Major Despard bid four diamonds.
德斯帕德少校叫了四张方片
- And Dr Roberts... - Four hearts.
- 然后罗伯茨医生... - 四个红心
...took it to four hearts.
叫了四个红心
Pass.
过
- Pass. - Pass.
- 过 - 过
They went down one.
他们定约为一
Epatant! What a memory!
太惊人了! 记忆力可真好!
Ah, yes, this... this third rubber was really rather exciting.
啊 是的 这个...第三局相当令人兴奋
Major Despard and Miss Meredith made a one-heart call.
德斯帕德少校和梅雷迪思小姐都叫了一张红桃
Then we went down a couple of fifties.
然后定约为一对五十
Then a battle royal started.
之后一场恶战开始了
Dr Roberts overcalled and,
罗伯茨医生叫牌叫得很高
though he went down badly once or twice,
虽然他的分数骤减了一两次
his calling paid,
但是叫牌补偿回来了
for more than once he frightened Miss Meredith out of bidding her hand.
不止一次 他威胁梅雷迪思小姐不要叫牌
Then he bid an original two spades,
然后他又叫了两张黑桃
I gave him three diamonds, he bid four no trumps,
我给了他三张方片 他又叫了四个无将
I bid five spades and then he just suddenly jumped to seven diamonds!
我叫了五张黑桃 然后他突然叫了七张方片
- The Grand Slam! - Yes.
- 大满贯! - 是的
Roberts had no business making a call like that,
罗伯茨没有理由这么叫牌
but by some kind of miracle we got it.
但是我们出乎意料的赢了
It was really terrifically exciting.
那真的是让人相当兴奋
Je crois bien.
我相信是这样
Well, the Grand Slam Vulnerable doubled!
是啊 大满贯双倍加分
1,500 points.
一千五百点
It causes the emotions, that, hein?
这个才令人兴奋 是吧?
Yes!
是的!
Madame, I salute you.
夫人 我向你致敬
You remember every single card that was played!
你记得玩过的每一张牌!
Yes, I believe I have.
是的 我想是这样
The memory, it is a thing most wonderful.
记忆 真是个绝妙的东西
With it the past is never the past.
有了它 过去永远都不会成为过去
And I imagine, madame, that to you
而且我相信 夫人 对于你来说
every incident is as clear as if it was yesterday.
每件小事都如昨日般清晰
Like a ghost...
就像鬼魂一样...
that never goes away.
从不离开
My father was a stockbroker.
我父亲曾是个股票经纪人
He died when I was 15.
在我十五岁的时候他去世了
He left no money.
没留下一分钱
I found a job looking after three small boys.
我找到了一份照顾三个小男孩的工作
A Mrs Eldon, The Larches Ventnor, Isle of Wight.
埃尔顿夫人家的 阿奇士温特诺 在怀特岛上
After two years the Eldons moved overseas.
两年后埃尔顿一家移居海外
I went to a Mrs Deering, in Devon.
之后我去了迪尔仁夫人家 在德文郡
So how do you two know each other?
那么你们俩是怎么认识的?
Rhoda and I were at school together.
罗达和我在一起上学
Oh, I see.
哦 是这样
And then what?
然后呢?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表