- So you left your seat once? - Yes.
- 所以 你离开过座位一次? - 是的
But you stayed by the table?
但你是呆在桌子周围的?
- Yes. - All the time?
- 对 - 一直都在?
No, no, no, I...
不 不 不 我...
I... l...
我... 我...
I think I walked about.
我想 我四处走动过
You walked about?
你四处走动过?
- To the fire perhaps? - No!
- 也许去了壁橱那边? - 没有!
No, I... l... I didn't.
不 我... 我... 我没有
I didn't get up at all.
我完全没起身过
I'm sorry, Miss Meredith,
抱歉 梅雷迪思小姐
I know that you're nervous,
我知道你现在很紧张
but you really must try and tell me the truth.
但你一定要试着告诉我真♥相♥
All right?
好吗?
So you walked about.
你四处走动过
Yes.
对
In the direction of Mr Shaitana?
去了谢塔纳先生那边吗?
When he was by the fire?
在他还在壁橱边时吗?
- Yes. - No.
- 对 - 没有
- Quite sure? - I honestly don't remember.
- 你肯定? - 说实话 我记不得了
Honestly.
真的
So who do you think killed him?
那么 你觉得是谁杀了他?
I can't believe anyone did.
我不敢相信谁会这么做
Someone did, mademoiselle.
有人做了 小姐
And they used this.
而且他们用了这个
Oh, it's all so awful!
哦 这太可怕了!
My sergeant will get you a taxi, my dear.
我的中士会为你叫计程车 我的孩子
Now, listen, take a couple of aspirin.
现在 听着 吃几粒阿司匹林
Try and get some sleep, all right?
试着睡一会 好吗?
Off you go.
走吧
Such a wonderful fatherly air, Wheeler.
真有慈父风范啊 惠勒
Yes, well, I do have children, you know.
对 我有小孩 你知道的
Besides, she's only a slip of a thing.
另外 她只是个小不点
Regardez.
看
When Mademoiselle Anne Meredith keeps the scores...
当安妮·梅雷迪思小姐记分时...
...she turns over the card
...她把记分牌翻面了
she draws the line
她自己画了线
and uses the back.
用背面♥积♥分
So?
所以?
So she understands poverty, mon ami.
所以她经历过贫穷 朋友
She knows what it is to have nothing.
她知道一无所有的滋味
I had every motive for disliking Shaitana.
我有不喜欢谢塔纳的理由
For disliking him, not killing him.
但只是讨厌他 而不是想杀他
And what were your motives for disliking him, Major?
那么你不喜欢他的原因是什么 少校?
He dressed like a...
他穿的就像...
Well, you know.
你懂的
And the perfume.
还有那香水味
And yet you accepted his invitation to dinner.
但你还是接受了他的晚宴邀请
Were I only to dine in houses where I approved of my host,
如果我是去认同的人家里做客用餐
I wouldn't eat out much, I'm afraid.
我恐怕不会像这次吃的那么多
Don't you like London society?
你不喜欢伦敦社会吗?
What we call "civilisation"?
那些我们所谓的"文明"?
Only for very short periods.
只是很短的一段时间
To come back from abroad to well-lit rooms
从国外回来 回到华丽的房♥间里
beautiful women in beautiful clothes
有穿着漂亮衣服的美丽女子
yes, it's pleasant for a time.
对 暂时是很美好
But after a while it palls.
但过了一会 这就变得乏味了
The insincerity sickens me, and I want to be off again.
那些不真诚的东西让我恶心 我又想要离开了
I know what you mean.
我懂你的意思
Must be a dangerous life you lead.
你一定过着危险刺♥激♥的生活吧
Less dangerous than Shaitana's, by the look of it.
从表面看来 没有谢塔纳的惊险
Well, yes, I think he did lead a fairly dangerous life.
是的 他确实过着很危险的生活
Because he meddled in other peoples' lives?
因为他干预别人的生活?
No, because he meddled with other peoples' women. Didn't he?
不 因为他和别人的老婆胡搞 不是吗?
I don't think desirable women would take a mountebank like that very seriously.
我觉得有魅力的女人不会把这种骗子当回事
How did you meet him?
你是怎么遇到他的?
He paid handsomely to accompany me on one of my expeditions.
为了加入我的探险计划 他给了我一大笔钱
Could you describe any of the other peoples' movements this evening?
你能描述房♥间里其他人今晚的动向吗?
Well, everyone got up at one time or another. I doubt I can be too specific.
所有人都起身离开过 我说不清具体几次
I remember Mrs Lorrimer went to the fire
我记得洛里默女士到壁橱旁
and said something to Mr Shaitana.
和谢塔纳先生说了些什么
That was a delicious meal, Mr Shaitana.
晚餐非常美味 谢塔纳先生
I've no idea whether he was still alive or not.
我不知道那时他是否还活着
Who do you think killed him?
你认为是谁杀了他?
Well, I know I didn't.
我只知道不是我
Miss Meredith didn't.
不是梅雷迪思小姐
And Mrs Lorrimer reminds me of one of my God-fearing aunts.
而洛里默女士让我想起我的一位可怕的姑姑
She didn't.
不是她
That leaves the medical gentleman.
那就只剩下学医的那位绅士了
But why did Shaitana invite them here?
但为什么谢塔纳把他们请来这?
He invited them here because
他把他们请来是因为
he believed one of them to be a murderer.
他相信这些人中有一个是凶手
So what are you saying?
你说什么?
That he invited a killer to dinner?
他邀请了一个杀手来晚宴?
Oui.
对
Shaitana was a collector.
谢塔纳是个收藏家
He collected the fantastic and the unusual.
他收藏奇妙且不寻常的事物
I think he invited to dinner four people who might have been killers.
我认为他把四个可能曾杀过人的人请来
Well, looks like he was right in one case, at least.
看来至少在这一点上 他是对的
But he can only have suspected these people.
但他只是怀疑这些人
I mean, he couldn't be sure.
我是说 他不能确定
And he believed he brought to dinner someone who had committed murder.
他相信他请来晚宴的人曾犯过谋杀罪
The question, it is why?
问题是 他为什么这么做?
There must be a tremendous number of women poisoners
一定有大量女人用投毒方式杀人
who have never been found out.
而且没有被发现
A doctor also has plenty of opportunities of that sort.
医生也有大把的机会做同样的事
Oh, Mr Shaitana, I must protest.
噢 谢塔纳先生 我得反驳您
When we poison our patients, it's entirely by accident.
如果我们毒死了病人 那绝对是意外事故
If I were to commit a crime...
如果我要犯罪的话...
I should like to keep it very simple.
我会让它尽量简单
An accident perhaps, a shooting accident for example,
伪装成意外事故 比如意外枪击
or a domestic accident
或家庭事故
one of the little tragedies that never gets reported.
小小的事故不会有人♥大♥惊小怪的
Those words shot home to one person.
这些话直指一个人
A person who had already killed.
那个杀人犯
So if we can find the victim
这么说 如果我们能找到受害者
we can find a hallmark, too.
我们也就能找到犯罪特征
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
He means that man is an unoriginal animal.
他是说 男人是模仿性的动物
Really?
真的吗?
Women are capable of infinite variety.
女人做事完全不重样
Have you never written the same plot twice?
你有没有写过同样的情节?
Mr Wheeler, please!
惠勒先生 拜托!
The Lotus Murder. Death of a Debutante.
荷花谋杀案 名媛之死
- You've read them, have you? - Oui, bien sur.
- 这些你都读过 是吗? - 对 当然
And I have noticed several inaccuracies.
而我发现了一些不合理的地方
I know, I know!
我知道 我知道!
I made sulphonal soluble in water and it isn't.
我写的二乙眠砜可以溶在水里 实际上不能
Bother!
真烦!
Eh, bien, what we are searching for is a murderer who is impulsive,
呃 好的 我们要找的是一个冲动的
who will seize the opportunity, whatever the risk.
会抓住机会铤而走险的凶手
Which one of them would do that?
他们中谁会那么做呢?
I don't think you'll find many chaps who'll say a word against me.
我认为你不会找到说我坏话的人
No indiscretions?
没有失言过?
Well, if there were I've been discreet about them.
如果有 我会对他们很小心
Cherchez la femme, eh?
找出那个女人 嗯?
I think you'll find my record's clear, Colonel.
你只会发现我的记录是清白的 上校
Then you won't mind me
那么 你不会介意
having a word with some of the fellows from your former regiment?
我和你前军团的同僚说几句吧?
Rake around in the manure as much as you like.
随便你
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表