Madame, I cannot tell
夫人 我不能断定
whether Monsieur Richard Abernethie was murdered or not
理查德·艾伯内西是不是被谋杀的
but I understand that his sister made a remark
但我知道是葬礼那天
to that effect at the funeral.
他妹妹的话产生了一定效果
I don't like to speak ill of the dead,
我不想说已死之人的是非
but from what I know of Cora
但就我对科拉的了解
she wouldn't let the truth stand in the way of a good story.
她不会因为真♥相♥而不编故事
No, but Richard had been to visit her and that is the truth.
是的 但是理查德去看过她 这是事实
Mr Poirot, Richard wasn't murdered.
波罗先生 理查德不是被谋杀的
He couldn't have been.
这不可能
I was here with him almost to the end.
在他去世前我一直陪着他
You stayed here often, Madame?
你经常待在这儿 女士?
He invited me a few times in the last weeks.
前几周 他邀请过我几次
He was very low in spirits.
他精神非常萎靡
Your son George also made a visit during those last weeks, I understand?
听说你儿子乔治前几周也拜访过一次?
Richard had all the family down,
理查德的去世让整个家族都陷入悲伤
not just George.
并不只有乔治
Tell "to" me, Madame were you surprised
请告诉我 女士 你是不是很吃惊
when your son George
当知道你儿子乔治
did not inherit anything from his uncle?
没从他叔叔那继承任何东西?
Yes, I was.
是的
It was a cruel thing for Richard to do, and I find it hard to understand.
理查德这么做太残忍♥了 而且我很难理解
I do not think you were meant to understand, Madame.
我认为你不需要理解 女士
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Well, I suspect that the will that disinherited your son...
我怀疑这份剥夺了你儿子继承权的遗嘱...
it is a fake.
是假的
Did they get on well together,
海伦女士和
Madame Helen and Monsieur Richard Abernethie?
理查德·艾伯内西先生的关系好吗?
Oh, yes, the master were fond ofher, very fond indeed.
是的 主人很喜欢她 非常喜欢
She went to London yesterday to see Miss Rosamund's show.
她昨天到伦敦去看罗莎蒙德小姐的表演
They seem to whiz up and down to London for almost anything these days.
那几天他们忙着收拾去伦敦的所有东西
- She was here all the time until yesterday? - Aye.
- 她一直待到昨天? - 是的
No, no, I tell a lie.
不 不 我说错了
She went off in her car one day.
有一天她开车出去了
Said she wanted to be on her own.
她说要自已一个人去
Can you remember which day was that, Madame?
你还记得是哪天吗 女士?
It was the day we had beef. It must have been the day after the funeral.
是我们吃牛肉的那天 肯定是葬礼的第二天
She didn't get back till after midnight and couldn't face it
那天她直到半夜才回来 而且不愿面对它
and I remember thinking it was such a waste.
我还记得 她说想这事就是浪费时间
This were the Master's bedroom.
这是主人的卧室
And his medicines, they were kept in here?
他吃的药 也放在这?
Yes, sir. By his bed.
是的 先生 就放在他床边
Merci.
谢谢
- So this is where...? - Yes.
- 就是这儿? - 是的
That's one of Mr Gallaccio's paintings.
那是格莱西奥先生的一幅画
Racy.
栩栩如生
Are you always such a prude, Susannah?
你是不是总这么一本正经 苏珊娜?
Oh, excuse me.
不好意思
Buon giorno, signorina Gilchrist.
早上好 吉尔克里斯特小姐
Oh, dear. Oh, my goodness.
哦 天哪 哦 我的老天
You'd better come in, Mr Gallaccio.
快进屋吧 格莱西奥先生
Grazie.
谢谢
It's Mr Gallaccio.
这是格莱西奥先生
Oh. Are you Cora's ex-husband?
哦 你是科拉的前夫?
Si.
是的
Cora had written a letter asking me to come to look at a painting she had found,
科拉写信给我让我来看看她发现的一副画
which she... she thought might be valuable.
是一副她...她觉得可能价值连城的画
Gilbert Entwhistle. Family solicitor.
我是吉尔伯特·恩特威斯尔 她的家庭律师
Piacere.
很高兴认识你
Susannah Henderson. Cora's niece.
我是苏珊娜·亨德森 科拉的侄女
I am sad to meet you at this sorrowful time, signorina.
很遗憾在这悲伤的时刻与你相见 小姐
- George Abernethie. - Piacere.
- 我是乔治·艾伯内西 - 很高兴认识你
Perhaps this is not the most appropriate time for the valuing, signorina.
也许现在给这幅画估价不太合适 小姐
It is better I take the painting away.
我最好把画带走
No, I don't think anything should leave the house.
不 我认为任何东西都不能离开这房♥子
No. You must value the painting, now that you're here.
不 既然你在这 现在就给这幅画估价
Mrs Gallaccio hoped it might be an Italian primitive.
格莱西奥夫人希望它是意大利复兴前的作品
Do you think it's worth anything?
你觉得它值钱吗?
Accumulato sporco per molti anni.
技术很高超
Er... Dirt.
呃...灰尘
Dirt is a wonderful thing.
灰尘是种奇妙的东西
It gives a patina of romance to even a very bad painting.
它可以给糟透了的画蒙上浪漫气息
I am glad perhaps I do not have to disappoint poor Cora.
我真的很庆幸没有让可怜的科拉失望
This painting is probably not even worth the meagre shillings she paid for it.
这幅画甚至可能不值她付的价格
Mi dispiace.
我很抱歉
You were hoping for something valuable, Susannah?
你指望它是值钱的东西吗 苏珊娜?
I thought you had no interest in worldly possessions.
我原以为你对身外之物没兴趣
It's not for me, George.
这不是为我 乔治
It's for school books in Bechuanaland.
这是为了贝专纳的课本
Ah.
啊
I tried to ring George to tell him about the will
我试着打电♥话♥告诉乔治遗嘱的事儿
but I can't get hold of him.
但联♥系♥不到他
He said he'd be at home. I don't know where he can be.
他说过他会在家的 我不知道他会在哪儿
Who would hate him that much?
谁会这么恨他?
Timothy? He didn't expect to get anything.
蒂莫西? 他并不希望得到任何东西
But to forge a will is a crime most serious,
不过伪造遗嘱是极其严重的罪行
Madame. The police will have to be informed.
女士 我们不得不报♥警♥
It must have been substituted on the day of the funeral.
肯定是葬礼那天有人把遗嘱调包了
Why?
为什么?
Well, because until then
因为在葬礼前
it was locked in the safe
它一直被锁在恩特威斯尔先生
at the offices of Monsieur Entwhistle.
办公室的保险箱里
Tell me, Madame,
告诉我 女士
do you remember anyone going off alone that day?
你还记得那天有谁独自离开过?
Cora wandered off to see the tree house.
科拉去看"树屋"
George stormed out, of course, but that was after the will was read.
乔治冲出了门 当然 是在公布遗嘱之后
And I remember Susannah going somewhere too.
我还记得苏珊娜也出去了
It's no good, there was so much coming and going.
这样没用 那天来来去去的人太多了
I felt there was something wrong that day.
我感觉那天哪里有点不对劲
In what way wrong, Madame?
哪里不对劲了 女士?
Unexpected? Or surprising?
出乎意料? 或者令人惊讶?
Sinister even?
甚至是不祥之兆?
Not sinister, no.
不是不祥之兆
More a sense of something not being quite right.
更多的是觉得有事情不对劲
I can't put my finger on what it was.
我说不出究竟是怎么回事
Well, do not try to think of it, Madame.
好吧 不要再想了 女士
Sooner or later it will, how do you say, plop into the mind.
你迟早会想起来的 这话怎么说的 灵光一闪
Come on, Maude!
拜托 莫德!
What on earth are you doing here?
你在这儿干嘛?
If the house can't be sold and we can't get our money,
如果这房♥子没被卖♥♥掉 我们就拿不到钱
we're going to stay here until it's sorted out.
我们会呆在这 直到它被卖♥♥出去
I don't see why you should have the run of my family home and full use of the servants
我不明白为什么你能掌管我家 还能调配仆人
when Maude and I are struggling
而莫德和我在受罪
with no-one so much as to make us a... a cup...
没人给我们倒一...一杯...
... a cup of tea.
...一杯茶
Get Lanscombe, Maude. Tell him to bring the chair.
叫兰斯科姆来 莫德 让他拿把椅子过来
Cora was not an artist...
科拉不是个艺术家...
...but she had the temperament of an artist.
...但是她有艺术家的脾气
She seemed to me a woman who didn't care tuppence about convention
对我而言 她似乎不在意传统
or doing the right thing.
或者做正确的事情
Admirable, I'd say. And very refreshing.
好极了 我要说 真让人精神一振
As a girl she was pieno di vitta. Come si dice? How you say- so full of life.
作为一个女孩她满腔激♥情♥
Oh, excuse me. I must catch the train back to London.
哦 抱歉 我必须赶回伦敦的火车了
Signorina...
小姐...
Goodbye, Mr.Gallaccio. Very nice to meet you.
再见 格莱西奥先生 很高兴见到你
Thank you. Goodbye.
谢谢 再见
I'd better be going too.
我也得走了
- Find my way back to the hotel. - Yes, it's easy to miss.
- 回旅馆去 - 是的 很容易迷路的
But you can see the church...
但你能看到教堂...
So...
所以...
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表