Why did you think this?
你为什么会这么觉得?
Mrs Gallaccio said he'd started to get ideas that someone was trying to poison him.
格莱西奥夫人说他觉得有人要毒害他
What?!
什么?!
Please go on, mademoiselle.
继续说 小姐
She dismissed it, of course.
当然 她劝了劝他
Old people get fancies like that, don't they?
年纪大的人总是胡思乱想 对吧?
Imagine the desperation of the people
想想天气干旱收成不好的时候
when the rain doesn't come and the crop fails.
人们有多绝望
It's hard for us here in England
对我们来说
to believe there is poverty and hunger in the Empire.
在国内还有贫困和饥饿令人难以置信
Our vision of Africa
我们对非洲的印象
is one of exoticism and adventure.
总是充斥着异国色彩和冒险主义
But the mission at Kasane is a hand-to-mouth affair.
但是在卡萨内 人们为了果腹而苦苦挣扎
Most of the children there cannot read or write.
大部分的孩子甚至不会读写
They have no means of improving their lives so they may escape from poverty in the future.
他们根本没有办法摆脱贫困 改变未来
These children need a school.
那些孩子们需要上学
Our mission in Bechuanaland is to bring education
我们在贝专纳的任务就是引进教育
and, above all, hope,
而且 最重要的是 让住在那里的人
to the people living there.
怀有希望
I hope you will all give as generously as you can.
我希望你们能够慷慨解囊
Thank you for coming.
谢谢大家
So few people are interested in mission work.
没有几个人会真的捐钱
It's a little dispiriting.
真令人沮丧
Susannah...
苏珊娜
Gilbert... Mr Entwhistle
吉尔伯特...恩特威斯尔先生
rang with the most shocking news.
带来了一个惊人的消息
It's Cora. She's been murdered.
是关于科拉的 她被谋杀了
What?
什么?
It seems a burglar broke into her cottage the day after the funeral.
似乎是有个贼在葬礼的第二天闯进她家里
He stole some jewellery, and he killed her.
偷了些首饰 而且杀了他
Oh, no.
哦 不
She must have good nerves to stay in there on her own.
她自己一个人住一定很不容易
I suspect it is that she has nowhere to go until she gets another situation.
除非情况改变 她根本没有别的地方可去
Er... monsieur, I discovered this.
额 先生 我发现了这个
"And please don't say anything to anyone about what I told you.
请不要把我跟你说的话告诉别人
It maybe a mistake.
否则会惹祸的
Your loving brother, Richard."
爱你的哥哥 理查德
Good Lord.
老天
Does that mean he told Cora
这是不是指他告诉科拉的
who he thought was trying to poison him?
有人要毒害他那件事?
Perhaps.
可能吧
Cora Gallaccio announces that her brother has been murdered
科拉·格莱西奥声称她哥哥是被杀的
and then the very next day she is killed most brutally.
第二天 她就被人残忍♥地杀害了
Well, let us suppose that she was speaking the truth
好吧 假设她说的是真的
and that your friend Richard Abernethie
那么你朋友理查德·艾伯内西
was indeed poisoned.
确实是被人毒害的
Who benefited from the death of Richard?
理查德死了对谁有好处呢?
The whole family. Apart from George,
全家都会受益 当然 除了乔治
of course. And myself, to a small degree.
我也稍有受益
Ah, so you yourself are a suspect?
这么说 你自己也有嫌疑?
Now, look here, Poirot...
听着 波罗
Non, non. Je fais une blague. I make a joke.
不不 别紧张 我开玩笑的
Monsieur, we shall go to see the family.
先生 我们要去见见那家人
And we shall tell to them that I investigate the death of Cora only.
告诉他们我们只会调查科拉的死
That way we may be able to catch them off their guard.
那样的话 他们就会放松警惕
For it is necessary that I ascertain the whereabouts
我必须确定
of each and every member of that family on the day after the funeral.
在葬礼第二天 家里的每个人都在哪
You're entering just a tad early, my sweet.
你进场稍微早了一点 亲爱的
So, I don't enter on
我不是在"他说他要给她看证据"
"and now he says he's going to show her the evidence"?
这句台词入场?
No, no, darling.
不 不 亲爱的
You enter on "she despises him".
你是在"她鄙视他"这句台词入场
Don't sit down immediately. Keep standing until...
不要马上就坐下 先站着...
How exciting! You're most frightfully famous!
真令人激动! 久仰您的大名!
You read people's minds, psychology sort of thing.
你能看穿别人的想法 心理学之类的
Mais d'accord. It is the way of human behaviour that interests me.
没错 人类行为让我感兴趣
I could murder that director!
我真想杀了那个导演!
Sorrel, do come back!
索伦 给我回来!
My apologies, Madame, for intruding at this time so sensitive.
我很抱歉在这个敏感时期打扰你们 夫人
It is unfortunate, is it not,
你们在如此短的时间内
to lose two members of one's family so closely together?
接连失去两位亲人 我深表不幸
It is, isn't it?
确实不幸
Although I can't think
不过我实在想不明白
why anyone would want to murder someone like Aunt Cora.
为什么会有人想杀像科拉姑妈那样的人
It would appear that it was a burglar
根据调查 似乎是被一个
who broke in to steal some of her possessions.
入室偷盗的窃贼杀的
Please do forgive me,
恕我唐突
but it is necessary that I ask you both where you were on the day after the funeral.
但我必须询问你们在葬礼第二天的行踪
We were at home till eleven
十一点之前我们一直在家
then you left to have lunch with Oscar.
然后你出去和奥斯卡吃午餐
I was to meet my friend Jane but we missed each other
我去找我的朋友简 但我们错过了
so I had a lovely day shopping.
所以我就疯狂购物了一整天
We dined after the show
演出结束后我们一起吃了晚饭
and got back to the flat about midnight.
回公♥寓♥时已经将近午夜了
You do not feel well, Madame?
您身体不舒服吗 夫人?
First-night nerves.
首演焦虑罢了
I'm always queasy,
我总是会有些紧张
especially when it's absolute rubbish, like this one.
尤其是要演烂剧的时候 就像今天这个
I must say, it's the most marvellous luck,
我不得不说 我们真是走了大运
Uncle Richard leaving us all this lovely money just now.
能得到理查德叔叔的一部分遗产
It means that we can produce our own plays.
她的意思是我们就有钱自己制♥作♥舞台剧了
We've got the chance of an option on a rather good piece.
我们得到了一次很好的演出机会
A terrific lead for me and a good part for Rosamund.
我演主角 罗莎蒙德的角色也不错
It will make Michael's career.
迈克尔会一炮成名的
Larry Olivier had better watch out.
拉里·奥利弗得小心点了
I'm afraid there's a bit of a delay with some of the documents for the house.
由于房♥契文件 这事可能要耽搁一下
The money won't be available immediately.
恐怕那笔钱没有那么快到位
But we can get an advance?
但是我们能提前拿到钱?
Michael said we could.
迈克尔说过可以的
- It's terribly important. - There's no real hurry, sir.
- 这至关重要 - 其实没这么急 先生
It's just a question of whether or not to take up the option.
我们演不演都还是个问题呢
Michael?
迈克尔?
Excuse me, I think I'm on.
不好意思 我该上场了
Did Aunt Cora leave any money?
科拉阿姨有没有留下什么钱?
She left what she had to your sister.
她把钱留给你妹妹了
Well, why Susannah, I'd like to know?
噢 为什么是给苏珊娜?
Michael! If you would be so kind...
迈克尔! 麻烦你...
But she hardly knew me.
但是她根本就不太认识我啊
And there's her share of the estate, of course.
当然 还连同她得到的那份遗产
Well, it all helps.
好吧 来得正是时候
If you please, do forgive me, it is necessary that I ask of you both
恕我冒昧 我必须问你们
as to your whereabouts on the day after the funeral of Richard Abernethie.
在理查德·艾伯内西♥葬♥礼第二天的行踪
Helen was at Enderby.
海伦在恩德比
I asked her to stay on to look through Richard's things.
我让她留在那里整理理查德的遗物
Thank you, Gilbert.
谢谢 吉尔伯特
He asked me on the day of the funeral.
他在葬礼当天那样吩咐我
And I was beastly to you in return.
那天我对你态度很不好
Oh, please, Helen. It's quite forgotten.
哦 别这么说 海伦 我早就忘了
I've come down for a few days to see Rosamund and Michael's play.
我回来了几天来看罗莎蒙德和理查德的演出
- I'm staying with Susannah. - Susannah!
- 我一直和苏珊娜待在一起 - 苏珊娜!
George! Where have you been?
乔治! 你去哪儿了?
Are you all right?
你还好吧?
I'm perfectly all right, Mother. Why do you ask?
我好得很 妈妈 干嘛这么问?
Aunt Cora's murder's all over this rag.
科拉阿姨的谋杀案闹得沸沸扬扬
This is Hercule Poirot. I've asked him to look into the circumstances.
这位是波罗侦探 我请他来调查这些事
I'd no idea you'd such famous friends.
我不知道你认识这么有名的人
How do you do, Poirot?
你好吗 波罗?
Monsieur.
你好 先生
Poor old Aunt Cora.
可怜的科拉阿姨
I got the feeling she was just about to kick over the traces.
我就知道她是个天马行空的人
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表