I... I feel rather unwell.
我 我有点不舒服
Maude, I need to lie down!
莫德 我想要躺着去!
Of course, Timothy.
当然 蒂莫西
Honestly, that man. How does he do it?
说实话 那个男的 他怎么做到的?
Maude spends her life waiting on him hand and foot.
莫德把她的时光浪费在给他做牛做马上
Yes, it's extraordinary, isn't it,
确实 很不寻常 不是么
the way some women are loyal to buffoons of husbands,
有些女人对小丑般的老公忠诚
when other men, men who should inspire real loyalty, are made fools of?
而需要忠诚的男人被当成了傻瓜
What was Cora's cottage like, Susannah?
科拉的屋子是什么样的呢 苏珊娜?
- Did you see any of her paintings? - Yes.
- 你看到她的作品了么? - 是的
They were rather... rather touching.
它们很,,,很感人
I think she copied from postcards.
我觉得她是抄袭了明信片
Oh, no. Mrs Gallaccio would never copy.
不 格莱西奥小姐从不抄袭
She was a real artist.
她真的是个艺术家
I remember at least one occasion when she suffered from sunstroke
我甚至记得她有一次中暑了
because she wouldn't stop when the light was right.
因为她坚持在烈日下创作
Timothy has gone to bed.
蒂莫西去睡觉了
Miss Gilchrist,
吉尔克里斯特小姐
would you kindly prepare a tray of milk and biscuits?
能麻烦您准备一份牛奶和饼干么?
He needs a snack when he wakes up.
他在醒来的时候要吃点零食
I'll do it right away, Mrs Abernethie.
我现在就去 艾伯内西夫人
I'm sure Aunt Cora did copy.
我确信科拉姑妈抄袭了
I didn't want to press it with Miss Gilchrist here.
我不想和吉尔克里斯特小姐争论
And why are you sure, mademoiselle?
为什么你这么确信呢 小姐?
Well
这个
her paintings are mostly seaside scenes
她的作品大部分是国外的景色
and there's one of Polflexan,
还有一个是波尔福乐克森的
the lighthouse and the pier.
灯塔和码头
But that pier burnt down five years ago. I read about it.
但是码头在五年前就烧毁了 我读过报道
And her painting is dated last year.
但是她作品的落款时间是去年
Oh, yes,
噢 是的
and then in her bedroom I found
我还在她的卧室发现了
an old postcard of Polflexan
波尔福乐克森的旧明信片
with the pier still in place.
上面还有码头
Was this the first time you made a visit to Lychett St Mary, mademoiselle?
这是你第一次去圣玛丽镇么 小姐?
Yes.
是的
Even if she did copy, I mean, it's not a crime, is it? I mean...
就算她抄袭了 也不犯法 不是么?
Monsieur Entwhistle informs me that interest in buying this house
恩特威斯尔先生告诉我
has been expressed by a convent school, run by les religieuses.
女修道院有意买♥♥这栋房♥子
Merci.
谢谢
You would say nuns.
你们可能会说修女
Nuns are a good bet.
修女还不错
They'll look after the old place.
她们会照看这个地方
It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to become a nun.
很难想象有人会想做修女
The outfits are terribly flattering.
那衣服有点太过谄媚了
When they revived The Miracle Worker,
当奇迹创造者复活时
Sonia Wells looked too glamorous for words.
索尼娅·威尔士被描写的太神圣了
I don't think one looks properly at nuns, or priests.
我觉得没人会看修女和神父顺眼
At their faces, I mean.
我是说 看他们的脸的话
We don't look properly at anyone.
我们看谁都不顺眼
I remember reading somewhere
我记得在哪里读过
that witnesses in court often give
证人在法庭作证和在庭下时
wildly differing descriptions of the same person.
对同一个人的描述非常不同
Is that true, Poirot?
是这样吧 波罗?
It is so.
是的
I find it odd, when sometimes you catch sight of yourself in the mirror
我觉得很奇怪 当你看到镜子里面的你
and you say to yourself, "Don't I know that person?"
你会问自己 "我认识他么"
And then you realise it's you.
然后才意识到那是你
It'd be more confusing still
如果你能真的看清自己
if you could really see yourself and not a mirror image.
而不是镜像就更令人迷惑了
Why?
为什么?
Because no-one ever sees themselves as they really are,
因为没有人能清楚的认识真正的自己
or as they appear to others.
或是人前的自己
Whenever one sees oneself in a glass, it is always as an image that is reversed.
无论何时看到在镜子里面的自己 都是相反的
Why does that make a difference?
那又怎么样?
People's faces aren't the same on both sides.
从两个方向来看 人们的脸是不一样的
Their mouths go up on one side, down on the other.
他们的嘴角一边是翘起的 另一边是下垂的
And their noses aren't straight. Look, I'll show you.
而且鼻子不是直的 我给你示范一下
There, do you see?
看清楚了么?
- They're not the same! - Here, let me.
- 是不一样的! - 让我试试
Well?
怎么样?
You should be in bed, mademoiselle.
你应该去休息了 小姐
- I'm getting Mr Timothy's cocoa. - Oui.
- 我在准备蒂莫西先生的可可 - 对
Can I make you some?
我也给你做点吧?
Oh, that is most kind but I prefer to make my own.
你真好 但是我喜欢自己做
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, Mr Poirot,
希望我不会很唐突 波罗先生
but Mrs Gallaccio is dead
但是格莱西奥女士去世后
and nobody in her family seems to really care.
好像她家人并没有很悲痛
That is perhaps because they did not know her as you did.
可能他们不如你了解她吧
Young people nowadays seem so uncaring.
现在的年轻人就是满不在乎
They don't know what it is to be alone in the world.
他们不知道世间的寂寞为何物
The journey of life,
对独行在人生旅程上的人来说
it can be hard for those of us who travel alone, mademoiselle.
生活很艰难啊 小姐
Have you always been a companion to a lady?
你曾经服侍过哪位女士么?
Oh, no.
噢 没有
- I used to have my own teashop. - Ah.
- 我曾有一家自己的茶馆 - 啊
The WillowTree.
叫柳树
It was a delightful little place, Mr Poirot.
是一个能让人心情舒爽的小地方 波罗先生
All the china was blue willow pattern, so pretty,
所有的瓷器都是蓝色的柳条图案
and the cakes were really awfully good,
蛋糕一直都很可口
if I say it myself.
如果我自己说的话
But a Lyons establishment opened up nearby
但是里昂的一家公♥司♥在附近开业
and my little place failed.
我的小生意就不行了
Ah.
啊
This happens to many people in these times, I think.
那个时候经常发生这种事情
It's Mr Timothy's bell.
蒂莫西先生叫我过去呢
Susie, are you really going to Africa?
苏西 你真的要去非洲么?
Yes. I think so.
是的 我要去
I wish you weren't.
我觉得你还是不要去
Not just now.
不是现在
Well, why?
为什么?
You should come.
你也可以过去
It might do you good to do something for someone other than yourself.
为别人做事比为自己做事更有好处
You've become so boringly priggish.
你变得又无趣又古板
I'm beginning to wonder if you haven't done something bad
我想知道如果你没有做过坏事
and you're being holier than thou to make up for it.
那么你肯定比你装出来的还要神圣
Actually, forget about the table. I want this.
事实上 忘了桌子吧 我想要这个
Oh, excusez-moi, I intrude.
噢 不好意思 我打扰了
Oh, no, no, no, Mr Poirot, do come in.
噢 不 不 不 波罗先生 进来吧
There's something in here.
这里有什么东西
It looks like Uncle Richard's will.
看上去像是理查德叔叔的遗嘱
"This is the last will and testament of Richard Abernethie
"这是理查德·艾伯内西最后的嘱托
whereby I revoke all former wills made by me.
在这里我撤回我之前所有的遗嘱
I devise and bequeath all the residue of my real and personal estate
我将遗赠我个人所有的剩余财产
and any property I have power to dispose of to...
和我有权处置的财产给...
George Abernethie,
乔治·艾伯内西
to administer as he wishes."
按他的愿望来处置"
This can't be right!
这不可能是真的!
This is highly irregular!
这太不合法了!
Where did you find this, Rosamund?
你在哪里找到的 罗莎蒙德?
But we really need the money.
但是我们确实需要钱
I question the legality of these whole proceedings Maude,
我质疑现在所有事情的合法性 莫德
I must telephone our own solicitor, at once.
我必须马上给我的律师打电♥话♥
George, I know this is what Richard intended.
乔治 我知道这是理查德的打算
Who would want to disinherit you?
是谁想要剥夺你的继承权呢?
Just about anyone in the family, I should think.
可能是家里的任何一个人吧
Well, whoever it was must have murdered Richard. I can't believe it.
不管是谁 他肯定杀了理查德 我不敢置信
And you think having the money is going to make up for what you've done?
你觉得拥有这些钱能弥补你的所作所为吗?
No, of course not. I didn't say that.
不 当然不是 我没有那么说
- I just wish I could make you understand. - I understand perfectly, Mother.
- 我只是想让你明白 - 我很明白 妈妈
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表