Yes, he didn't say anything to me.
是的 他也没跟我提过
But at least you're all right.
但至少你是对的
Your visits to him were a great help.
你来看他对他的身体很有帮助
Oh, for heavens sake! It's George I'm concerned with.
哦 天哪! 我关心的是乔治
And then Cora properly put the cat among the pigeons.
然后 科拉挑起了纠纷
Still, it's been hushed up very well.
这事一定要保密
Of course, it's quite the right thing to do.
当然 这是最好的选择
It can't do any good, making it public.
将这件事公之于众没有任何好处
I don't quite understand what you mean, Cora.
我不明白你在说什么 科拉
But he was murdered, wasn't he?
他是被谋杀的 对吧?
Aunt Cora!
科拉阿姨!
Cora, really?
科拉 真的吗?
Sorry, I-I didn't mean to...
不好意思 我没打算...
Oh, how stupid of me.
哦 我可真够笨的
I did think from what he said...
我觉得从他的言谈中...
Oh, dear, forget I said anything. It was really very stupid.
哦 天哪 把我说的都忘了吧 这太傻了
Please, forget it.
拜托 忘了吧
I know I'm always saying the wrong thing.
我知道 我总是说傻话
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I'll make arrangements for the house and the estate to be put up for sale as soon as possible.
我将会尽快安排出♥售♥房♥子和地♥产♥的相关事宜
You could have cut the atmosphere with a knife.
你有头绪了吗?
So this is where we are going, hein?
这就是我们的目的 对吧?
To see this Cora and ask her to explain?
去会会科拉 让她解释一下?
We're going to see her, yes.
我们是要去找她 对
But unfortunately we can't ask her to explain.
但很不幸 我们不能让她解释了
You see, yesterday afternoon, Cora was hacked to death by an intruder with a hatchet.
昨天下午 科拉被闯入者用斧子砍死了
The doctor puts the murder in the afternoon.
法医确定死亡时间
No later than 4.30 and probably much nearer 2pm.
是下午四点半以前 很可能是下午两点
Somebody smashed the kitchen window
有人从厨房♥破窗而入
and attacked Mrs Gallaccio in her bed.
袭击了床上的格莱西奥太太
A particularly brutal attack, as you saw. Six or seven blows were struck.
那场面可真血腥 你看到了 砍了六七刀
She was in her bed during the daytime?
她白天也呆在床上?
She'd slept badly.
她睡眠不好
She sent the companion into Reading to exchange some library books,
她让室友给她读从图书馆借的书
and took some sleeping pills.
还吃了安♥眠♥药♥
She'd have been drowsy,
有人闯进来的时候
if not already asleep, when they broke in.
她要么已经睡着了 要么也昏昏欲睡了
So a hatchet seems well, excessive, to say the least.
说实话 用斧子真的有点夸张
I suppose the companion could have done it.
我觉得是她那个室友干的
Two women living together alone,
两个单独住在一起的女人
you never know what resentments build up,
没人知道她们有什么矛盾
but by all accounts they got on well.
但她们表面上关系还不错
And was anything stolen, Inspector?
有丢东西吗 警官?
Bits and pieces of jewellery, nothing of any value.
几件首饰 没什么值钱的
They could have taken whatever they wanted.
他们本可以带走他们想要的任何东西
And this is the odd thing.
奇怪的就是这点
We found them shoved in a hedge, not far from the cottage.
我们发现他们破坏了离屋子不远的篱笆
I suppose the murderer may have had a sudden panic or a fit of remorse,
我觉得这场谋杀是出于一时恐慌或者是懊悔
but, in my experience of criminals, it's unusual.
但是 就我调查罪犯的经验来说 这真不常见
So, with your permission of course, Inspector,
如果你允许的话 警官
I would like to pay a visit to this companion.
我想去见见她的室友
Oh, please do. She's a sensible enough woman.
哦 当然没问题 她很明事理的
Let me know if she says anything new.
要是你有新发现的话 跟我说一下
Oui. Merci.
没问题 谢谢
And then, on top of everything else,
最重要的是
I discovered there was a break-in at the office on the day of the funeral.
在葬礼那天 我发现有人闯进办公室
The Enderby deeds are missing, and I haven't had a chance to attend to it.
恩德比的房♥契没了 而我还没有来得及管这事
But if the deeds are missing...
要是房♥契没了
The house can't be sold and the family can't get their money.
这房♥子就没法卖♥♥ 家人也就得不到钱
A break-in on the day of the funeral, the deeds of the house go missing.
在葬礼那天闯进来 房♥契丢失
Yes, I suppose it is.
恩 是有点巧
Listen, Poirot you will take the case on, won't you?
波罗 你会跟进这个案子的 对吧?
It would be a great favour to me if you did.
如果你同意的话就帮了我一个大忙
Oui, monsieur. I will take the case.
好的 先生 这个案子我接了
The inspector assures me she didn't suffer.
警官向我保证她死得毫无痛苦
The first blow would have killed her.
她挨第一斧的时候就死了
Oh, dear, I do hope so.
哦 天哪 我也希望是那样
I'm so glad you've come, Mr Entwhistle.
我很高兴你来了 恩特威斯尔先生
- Mr Poirot. - Mademoiselle.
- 波罗先生 - 小姐
I don't know Mrs Gallaccio's family.
我不认识格莱西奥太太的家人
I'm rather nervous about meeting them.
见到他们我很紧张
Mrs Gallaccio bought them at sales.
这是格莱西奥太太低价买♥♥的
She always thought there was a chance of picking up something worthwhile.
她总是觉得可能会淘到点值钱的
They're Mrs Gallaccio's own paintings.
这些都是格莱西奥太太自己画的
- They're very good, aren't they? - Oui.
- 画的不错啊 是吧? - 是的
Of course, I don't know enough to judge,
当然 虽然我父亲是个画家
although my father was a painter.
我还是不大会欣赏
Not a very successful one, unfortunately.
很不幸 他并不是个成功的画家
But Mrs Gallaccio knew a great deal about artistic things,
但是格莱西奥太太对艺术还知道挺多的
poor soul.
可怜的人啊
- Ah, it is the oil paint. - Yes.
- 啊 这是幅油画 - 对
She liked to paint in here.
她喜欢在这画画
And you got on well with your employer, mademoiselle?
你和你雇主的关系不错吧 小姐?
Oh, yes.
恩 不错
In some ways she was rather like a child.
有时候她就像个孩子
She was not an intellectual.
她靠的不是学识
Perhaps more of an instinctive.
她大部分靠的是直觉
But she was very shrewd, Mr Entwhistle.
但是她很精明 恩特威斯尔先生
It quite surprised me sometimes, how she hit the nail on the head.
有时候她抓住事情关键的本领让我吃惊
And you had been with her for a long time, hein?
你和她认识很久了 是吗?
Three-and-a-half-years.
三年半了
You acted as companion and er... looked after the house?
你不仅是她的室友 还是她的管家?
I did the cooking and light dusting. None of the "rough".
我只是做做饭 打扫一下 都不是什么重活
Mrs Panter from the village came in for that.
潘特夫人就是为这事从镇里过来的
I don't think of myself as a servant, Mr Entwhistle.
我不觉得自己是仆人 恩特威斯尔先生
I would very much like to see the bedroom of Madame Gallaccio, if that is convenient?
要是方便的话 我想看看格莱西奥夫人的卧室
Inspector Morton said it was all right to clean after the police had finished.
莫顿警官说警♥察♥勘察完现场后可以清理
I haven't touched her personal things, of course.
当然 她的私人物品我都没有动
Bon.
很好
Did Cora talk about her brother's funeral?
科拉有提起过她哥哥的葬礼吗?
She said the chapel was filled with flowers.
她说教堂里有很多花
She was very sorry not to see her other brother.
她说她很遗憾没有看到她另一个兄弟
Timothy?
是叫蒂莫西吗?
Timothy, yes.
蒂莫西 是的
Oh.
哦
C'est trdicieux.
这简直太好吃了
These scones, they are made by you?
这些烤饼 是你做的吗?
I've always had a hand with cakes.
我做蛋糕很有一手
Oh, dear, that sounds as if I'm boasting.
哦 天哪 听起来我有点自大了
No, no, no, not at all.
不 不 不 一点也不
You do not boast, Mademoiselle.
你没有自大 小姐
Tell to me, if you please...
要是可以的话 告诉我
...how was Madame Gallaccio
格莱西奥小姐从葬礼回来的时候
when she returned from the funeral?
有什么特别吗?
The night she got back, she was happier than I'd seen her for some time.
那天晚上她回来时特别高兴
She asked me if I'd like to go to South America.
她问我想不想去南美看看
I said it would be a thing to dream about.
我说我做梦都想
And she said, "We'll go!"
然后她说"那咱们去吧!"
Just like that!
就是这样!
I guessed her brother had decided to leave her some money after his visit here.
我猜他哥哥在来这以后 决定留给她一笔钱
He came down here?
他来过这?
Yes, about three weeks ago.
恩 大概三个星期以前
It was a surprise for Mrs Gallaccio.
格莱西奥夫人没想到他会来
She hadn't seen him since before her marriage.
自从她结婚以后 他们就没有见过面了
It quite upset her...
她听说他病了
...realising he was so ill.
非常不安
He told Cora he was ill?
他告诉科拉他病了?
Yes.
恩
It reminded me of an old aunt of mine.
那让我想起了我的一个年迈的阿姨
I wondered if he might be suffering from some softening of the brain.
我想他可能是脑子不大好使了
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表