剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
If one of the piers was wrong,that would do it.
如果我们用...如果使用更多你设计的
If we used... What if we used more of those whatever you call them,
那些...
those bags of...
我没想让他呛着。如果我们用更多的石块金属筐
I'm not helping him cough. What if we use more of those bags of stones
防止竹桩被河水冲坏
to protect the bamboo pillars from the current?
这酒真的很给劲!
That White Spirit, by the way,actually IS white spirit!
你在说笑?!啥?那是用来洗刷子的
You're kidding?! What? It's for cleaning brushes.
我们在这漫长炎热的环境里坚持施工
We carried on with the build and as the long, hot days passed,
桥也在一英寸一英寸向河对岸延伸
the bridge inched closer to the opposite bank.
好的
There you go.
噢!他把桥面压垮了
Oh! He's gone through the ramp.
谁想来罐冰阵啤酒?
Who here would like an ice cold beer?
噢,是的,给我一罐
Oh, yes, please.
但当进度完成三分之二时
But, as we passed the two thirds point,
我又召开了一次紧急会议
I was forced to call another emergency meeting.
有啥事?
What's the matter?
是这样,我们认为自己正在建造的是
Well, you know, we thought we were building a bridge over
传说中的桂河大桥。
the River Kwai, which is noble?
是的。但我们错了
We are. We're not.
这条河的名字是...
The name of THAT river...
Kok?
The Kok?
我们正在修建的是Kok桥
Top Gear is building a bridge over the River Kok.
这其实也不错
It's actually memorable.
没错,你不会在网上把它和一个不相关的电影混为一谈
It is, you wouldn't order the wrong film from an Internet website.
如果是桂河就不同了。BBC怎么介绍...
You'd be very careful if you were. How is BBC presentation...
要知道每个节目的片头都会有段女声介绍
You know the woman at the beginning of every programme.
“今晚,杰瑞米,詹姆士和理查德将要建造一座”
"And tonight, Jeremy, James and Richard build a bridge
“Kok大桥...”
"over the River Kok"...
这段可以掐了不播!
Well, we're not moving it!
事到如今我们只有
At this point we had been at the site
埋头苦干完成任务
for what seemed like an eternity
对早日回家的渴望
and we were desperate to get home
令我们不知疲倦的加班加点
so we were working round the clock.
拿好了?是的。好重...
Got it? Yeah. That's a heavy...
这根有点重
That's a bit denser, that one.
我恨竹子
I hate bamboo.
我恨竹子
I hate bamboo.
我恨它
So much.
知道吗
You know,
在经历了缅♥甸♥的驾驶体验后
after that drive through Burma,
我对那些
I was left with
长途卡车司机充满了敬佩
an enormous amount of respect for long-distance lorry drivers.
但是...
But...
此时此地
Here, now,
我对那些战俘更加敬佩...
I have even more respect for those prisoners of war...
是的
Oh, yeah.
说实话
I mean, let's be honest,shall we,
我们晚上有饭吃。没错
we are eat eating here at night.Yeah.
也没得痢疾和霍乱。是的
We haven't got dysentery and we haven't got cholera. No.
没人拿鞭子抽咱们。完全正确
And we're not been beaten, daily.No, no.
这是项艰苦的工作...
I mean this is difficult, hard, hot work...
但和先辈比起来,没什么大不了...
But nothing... No... at all...
记得把我关起来的铁笼子吗。是的
You know that metal box. Yeah.
以前有个叫德拉韦尔的战俘
There was a guy called Captain Drawer
他弄坏了战俘营军官的桌子
who broke the camp commandant's table.
于是他被关进地牢
He was sentenced to life underground and they buried him
之后在烈日暴晒下的金属笼子里
in one of those metal boxes with a metal roof exposed to the sun
他被关了76天。噢,真惨
and he was in there for 76 days.Oh, God.
被关进去时他的胳膊还带着伤,再被弄出来时
He had a broken arm when they put him in and when they got him out
老鼠啃光了他脚上的肉
the rats had eaten most of one of his feet.
简直惨绝人寰
It just beggars belief.
当第15天的太阳再次升起
As the sun rose on the 15th day,
我们倾尽心血的大桥
after the hardest work any of us had ever done,
终于竣工
the bridge was finished.
值得骄傲的时刻
That is a proud moment.
但是...
But...
好像有点坡度
There's a slope on it.
没错。那边似乎高了点
You're right.It's definitely higher on that side.
我们决定忽视这点小瑕疵
We decided to ignore the slope
直接跳到剪彩仪式
and move straight to the opening ceremony.
3,2,1...
In three, two, one...
我宣布
I declare
大桥通车
the bridge open.
激动人心的时刻
What a moment.
詹姆士·梅,你先过河
And James May,you shall cross it first.
为啥我先?
Why am I crossing it first?
因为我刚说了“詹姆士·梅,你先过河”
Because I just said, "James May,you shall cross it first".
是的,他确实说了。确实。没错
He did, he said that.I did,didn't I?
You did,you said that.Definitely.
好吧...
Right...
幸运神象,幸运猫头鹰
Lucky elephant, lucky owl,
佛祖保佑,出发
Buddha, here we go.
哦耶
Oh, yeah.
我正行驶在Kok大桥上
I on the bridge over the River Kok.
这几乎是我做过最令人紧张的事
This is genuinely the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done.
詹姆士,你的情况...他感觉到了么?
James, you are perilously...Does he realise?
他太靠右了
He's a long way over to the right.
保持冷静
Just keep calm,
保持冷静
keep calm.
噢,我的天!桥在吱吱作响
Oh, my God! It's squirreling.
噢!桥面弯了
Oh! They're bending.
已经驶过一大半了
I'm more than halfway across.
(和谐音)
BLEEP
得马上离开这里
All I've got to do is get down here.
快点离开
I just got to get down here.
快成功了
I've almost done it.
拜托...
Please...
我驶过了亲手搭建的Kok大桥!
I'm over the River Kok on our own bridge!
咿-哈!
Yee-ha!
来吧!
Come on!
你是下一个?
Can you go next?
好吧,我第二。
Yes, I will go next.
因为你车比我车重,你会把桥压得更惨
Yes, because your lorry is a lot heavier than my lorry and will weaken it.
我不这么认为
I didn't think of that.
我有个计划,全速前进
I have a policy here,speed and power.
因为在我的理论里
Because, in my mind,
速度让人身轻如燕
speed makes you lighter.
上桥了
I'm approaching the bridge now.
上吧
Here we go.
这是在桥上的第一次换档
Taking your first ever gear change on the bridge over the River Kok
深踩油门!
and I boost it up!
到河中间了
Getting to close to the middle.
噢,听这爆裂声
Oh, the splintering noises.
哈蒙德的情况会更糟!
I'm weakening it for Hammond!
很好!冲啊敞篷卡车!
Yes! Come on sports lorry!
是的!
Yes!
虽然没了车门
My sports lorry has broken its door
但它还是办到了
but it is across and is bouncing to celebrate the moment.
爽!
Yes!
最后,该重量级选手上场了
Now it was the turn of the heaviest lorry of the lot.
噢,主啊
Oh, dear God.
这是我自己造的桥
This is a bridge that we built.
我想说,真希望他开到一半掉河里
I mean, obviously, I want him to fall into the Kok.
没错...
Yes...
但如果真那样,我们就回不去了
But, if he does, we can't go home.
挑战要求我们仨都得成功通过。是的
The challenge said all three lorries doing it. I know.
这辆车大概有7.5吨♥
This struck is supposed to weigh 7.5 tonnes.
我不确定他们是否把车顶的重量
I don't know if that takes into consideration
也加了进去!
all the extra bits on top!
噢,老天!
Oh, my God!
噢,噢!
Oh, oh!
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表