剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
but that's not the interesting thing about it.
那什么地方最有趣?
What is the interesting thing?
是这样,虽然它卖♥♥47000英镑,但你进入它的驾驶舱
Well, it costs £47,000,but when you get in it,
内饰给人一种十分廉价的朔料感
everything feels just feels a bit cheap and plasticky.
瞧瞧这手刹杆,真是...
Look at this handbrake, it's just...
就像出自小作坊的手艺
It's like something that came out of a cracker.
你知道吗,如果我买♥♥了一辆有如此糟糕手刹的车
You know, if I got the handbrake in a Christmas cracker,
我会非常失望。你懂我的意思。是的,我明白
I'd be a bit disappointed. You know what I mean. Yes, I do.
近年会有一系列严格的汽车环保法规出♥台♥
It's just that there are a lot of EU rules coming very soon
包括燃油效率和排放等等限制
on fuel efficiency and emissions and so on,
而制♥造♥商唯一能做的事
and the only way that cars can meet them
就是把车做的越来越轻
is if they get very, very light.
是的。很快,所有车都会和它一样
Yeah. And pretty soon, all cars will have to be made like this,
但你知道吗?我不认为这是坏事
but do you know what? I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.
是的,虽然手感退步了,但车变得异常敏捷
Yes, you get a shonky handbrake,but your car is more nimble.
更快更省油
It's faster and it's more economical.
为了阐述这种趋势的终极结果,在待会的节目里
And for the ultimate expression of that art, later in the show,
我们会瞧瞧这个,全新的迈凯轮P1,一辆神车
we have a review of this,the new McLaren P1, which is astonishing.
是的,我很期待它的表现,但现在又到了新闻环节
Well, I am very much looking forward to that, but first it's the news.
是的。目前起亚正研发一种“手势操控”技术
Yes. Now Kia is working on something called "gesture control".
很有意思,因为它取代了
It's very interesting,because of instead of having
中控台上那堆按钮,你只需要
buttons all over the dashboard of your car, you just
这样挥挥手,车就会做出相应反应
sort of wave your hand around a bit,and the car will do stuff.
很科幻
Very futuristic.
是的,但我开车只做三种动作
Yeah, but I only make three gestures when I'm driving a car.
什么?一种是这样...
What? One of them is...
意思是抱歉,我不是故意的
which means I'm really sorry,I didn't mean to do that.
第二种是...嗨,对朋友打招呼。
第三种是...给杰瑞米·克拉克森打电♥话♥
Then there's... hi, to a friend.And... Call Jeremy Clarkson.
或者导航去詹姆斯·梅家
Or navigate to James May's house.
噢,听着,听着...你们都知道路上那些
Oh, now, now... you know those motorway gantries
提醒你前方路况的电子警示牌吧
that are supposed to be used to tell you
如今被用来显示
about stationary traffic ahead or ice, but they're actually used
些毫无价值的信息
for telling you stuff that doesn't matter.
这里有张图片,“注意油量”
We've got a picture of one here,"Check your fuel level."
这就像说“便后洗手”
It might as well say, "Wash your hands after going to the lavatory."
“头发梳整齐”
"Brush your hair."
终于,有关部门作出决定
Well, anyway, the committee that decides on what messages flashed up -
对这种无关痛痒的信息给予停止
and it is a committee, we checked - has been told to stop doing
因为政♥府♥申明这会使驾驶员分神
that sort of thing, OK, because the government says it's distracting.
但其实不是分神,而是气愤
But it isn't distracting,it's irritating.
斯嘉丽·约翰逊穿着短裙招摇过市
(斯嘉丽·约翰逊:美国女星)
Scarlett Johansson in a short skirt on a windy day on a motorway bridge,
这才叫让人分神。的确是这样。我已经想入非非了
that is distracting.That would be. It's distracting now.
我也是
It's distracting me right now.
我认为如果把路面
I think what would be distracting would be painting
涂成《神秘博士》里的那种样子
(《神秘博士》 :BBC出品的一部科幻电视剧)
the surface of the motorway so it looked like the opening sequences
才能让我分心
of Doctor Who as you drove along.
那真的会让人分心
That would be really distracting.
我认为他们应该在这上面写些脑筋急转弯
I think they should use those signs to put up a pub quiz questions
是个好主意
as you drive past.That's a really good idea.
当你经过下一个提示牌你就得到了答案?
What, and then you'd have the answer on the next one along?
没错,旅途会变得不再枯燥乏味。“哦,我猜不出答案”
Yes, journeys would just fly by."ooh,I don't know
接着你就得到了答案。天才的创意。谢谢
And then you get the answer.That's brilliant. Yes, thank you.
如果是我老妹提问就不会这样
Not if my little sister set the questions.
为什么?因为当你问了个问题
Why? Because you'd get the question on one,
接着她就会说“哦,别装了,你肯定知道答案!”
and then the next one would go,"Oh, come on, you must know that!"
能继续下一个话题吗?我想聊聊这个
Please can we move on? I'd like to talk about this.
新款克尔维特Z06.噢,是的
It's the new Corvette Z06. Oh, yes.
机械增压引擎,V8 6.2排量625马力
Supercharged V8 6.2 litres 625 brake horsepower.
配备了电磁悬挂,电子差速器,碳纤维制♥造♥
It's got a magnetic ride control,electronic diff, carbon fibre.
所有欧洲车的高科技它全有...
All the hi-tech stuff you get on a European sports car...
但它有欧洲车的气质么?
But does it have the European self-restraint, though, does it?
瞧瞧这肥厚的嘴唇
It's a bit more shock 'em all than stiff upper lip.
好吧,但看看这车
Yes, but look at it.
不,哈蒙德,你不会开着它行驶在英国大街上
No, Hammond, you can't drive a Corvette in England.
就像在电梯里大声聊天,只有美♥国♥佬♥才会这么干
It's like talking in a lift,you can do that in America,
英国人不会这么粗俗
you can't do that in Britain.
事实上,应该在希思罗机场贴上标语提醒美国游客
In fact, we should have signs at Heathrow telling American visitors,
“请靠左行驶,不要在电梯里交谈”
"Please drive on the left and don't talk in lifts."
好的,好的,不管怎样,我认为这车看起来很棒
Yes, yes, whatever,but I think that looks stupendous.
是的,是的,放在德克萨斯它看上去确实很棒
Yes, yes, it would look stupendous in Texas,
但在图克斯伯里它就显得很滑稽。没错
but it would look ridiculous in Tewkesbury. It would.
哈蒙德,如果你买♥♥了这车并且开着它在英国大街上转悠
Hammond, if you bought one of those and drove it around England,
接下来你做的事就是
the next thing you would be hanging up a Confederate flag
在你家屋顶挂上邦联旗
(邦联旗:独♥立♥战争时南方军队流传的旗帜,
如今仍有部分州在使用)
outside your house.
以前我确实在我的丰田卡罗拉车顶图过一面邦联旗
I did paint a Confederate flag on the roof of my Toyota Corolla
在我17岁那年
when I was 17.
那时你在哪?里彭,北约克郡(英国中部小城)
Where were you? Ripon. North Yorkshire.
笑啥?它看起来很不错。让我们这么说
What? It looked brilliant.Let me just get this straight.
你在北约克郡驾驶着一辆悲催的日本小掀背
You drove around North Yorkshire in a crappy little Japanese hatchback
车顶还画着一面邦联旗?
with a Confederate flag on the roof?
是的。是的。南方奴隶制的象征
Yes. Yes. A symbol of slavery.
女士们先生们,这就是12岁那年的哈蒙德!
Ladies and gentlemen,12 Years A Hammond!
那会啥也不懂,我只是觉得看上去挺漂亮
I didn't realise,I just thought it looked nice.
这车的标准版,不是现在这款
The base model of this - not the Z06,
标准版的价格,60000美元?(363636人♥民♥币)
62000美元(375757人♥民♥币),是的
the normal one,60 grand? 62, yes.
好吧,同样的价格你可以买♥♥到这辆车
Well, for about the same sort of money, you can have this,
新款捷豹
which is the new jag.
F型酷派版
This is the F-type Coupe.
价格和克尔维特相差无几,我为你呈现的这辆车
That's around the same sort of money, and I put it to you that
就好比一块
what we have here is a lovely piece
涂满格洛斯特芝士的佐餐饼
of double Gloucester on a water biscuit.
而你的克尔维特更像一坨600公斤重...
Your Corvette is 600 kilos of...
(美式发音)..抹着厚厚廉价芝士的墨西哥玉米饼
(AMERICAN ACCENT)..Monterrey Jack on a taco.
是的,没错。就是这么回事
Yeah, that's right.I'd rather have that.
你更喜欢廉价芝士饼,是吗?
You'd rather have the Monterey Jack,wouldn't you?
没错。等等。准确的讲。是坨600公斤...
Yes. Hang on a minute.Surely it's 600 kilograms of...
(美式发音)抹着一层草莓酱的廉价芝士玉米饼
(AMERICAN ACCENT) Monterey Jack on a taco with a strawberry on top.
草莓酱
Strawberry.
就像顶着一层草莓酱
At as long as there's a strawberry on top.
现场有美国朋友吗?谁!
Are there any Americans here? Whoo!
真有一个。噢,我们对这问题困惑了好多年
You are. Oh, we've wondered about this for years.
为什么你们喜欢给每样食物都抹上草莓酱?
Why do you put Strawberry on everything?
因为它们味道好。是的,但你们没把它抹在土豆馅饼上
Because they taste good.Yes, but not on a shepherd's pie.
一点都不夸张。有次我住在路易斯安那的一家酒店
This is not an exaggeration.I stayed in a hotel in LA.
把几件衣服送去干洗,第二天早上它们被送回来时
I had to have some dry cleaning done, and when it came back
我发现包裹好的衣服上居然有坨草莓酱
in the morning, it was all wrapped up,and there was a strawberry on it.
什么,你的干洗衣服上?我的干洗衣服上
What, on your dry-cleaning? On my dry-cleaning.
接下来我要说的不是新闻 - 是个问题
Now, this isn't news - it's a question.
为什么全世界目前为止还想不出
Why is the world still incapable of working out
一种好的加油方式?有人去过美国吗?
a way of dispensing petrol? Anyone been to America?
好吧,你已经去过那了,出于某些原因
Well, you've all been to America,I suppose, at some point.
当你开进加油站
You go into a petrol station there
在你加油之前就要先付款
and you have to pay for the fuel before you fill your tank.
你不知道需要加多少油
Well, you don't know how much you want
或者你将要加多少油
or how much it's going to take.
是的,但我更讨厌有些欧洲的加油站
Yes, but I hate those European stations
那种自动POS机。毫无用处
where they have those automatic credit card ones. Don't work.
从没正常工作过。我也知道
Never ever work. The other one that doesn't work,
尤其是在法国,有些人
and especially in France,are those ones
把纸币塞进收款机的收款槽时
where you're supposed to put euro notes in a little slot.
你把钱塞进去,之后就像这样,“嗯!呃!”噢
You put it in and it goes,"Nnnngh! Nnnngh!" Oh.
然后好多人把钱捋捋再放进去,接着又是“呃!”
There's a lot of people doing that, and it goes, "Nnnngh!"
我告诉你个更糟糕的情况,詹姆斯
I'll give you the worst scenario,James.
更糟的是,“呃!”
Worst scenario is, "Nnnngh!"
“好的,成功了”把油枪抽出来“呃!”
"Yes, there we go," get the pump out, "Nnnngh!"
全世界加油最差劲的地方是英国
But the worst country in the world for filling up with petrol is Britain,
这里的加油站也是超♥市♥
because petrol stations here now are also supermarkets,
很多人加完油后
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表