剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
Yes. How would you make these cars do 20 miles to the gallon?
我都不能想象它能降到30英里每加仑(百公里7.8升)
I can't imagine getting it under 30.
当制片人给每辆车精确加满23升燃油后
After the producers had put precisely 23 litres of fuel in each tank,
我们也在给各自车做着准备
we did some preparations of our own.
很好
Right.
我真是太TM机智了
Clever, this.
给每条轮胎放出30%气体
What I'm going to do is let about 30% of the pressure out of the tyres.
原理是这会增大滚动阻力
The point is,it increases rolling resistance
结果油耗能大大增加
which means I use more fuel.
增重完成
That is one heavy Up!
你在干什么?
What are you doing?
我把每条缝隙都用胶带密封防止放射性尘埃进入车内
I'm sealing all the gaps so that radioactive dust can't get in.
你这么干的结果就是,你让车身风阻更小了
What you've done there, Hammond is made it more aerodynamic.
是吗?是的。一路好走
I have, haven't I? You have. Goodbye.
为了让车在100英里内烧掉更多油
To get through this much petrol in less than 100 miles,
我们要像个神经病一样去开车才行
we would have to drive like maniacs.
3、2、1
Three, two, one.
上吧!拉高转速!
Come on! Build up the revs!
切二档。转速拉到红线区。老天,真浪费
Second gear. Right to the limiter.God, that's wasteful.
詹姆斯和我不约而同的想到了低档高转速耗油策略
James and I decided to go for a low-gear policy of maximum revs.
而另一边,哈蒙德...
Hammond, on the other hand...
如果我一路都这么开车,行驶里程就会变长
If I keep doing this all the way there, I'll go further.
这会让路程加倍。这就是解决之道。不停转向。喔哦!
It will be twice the distance. This is the answer. Lock to lock. Ooh!
这里要小心点
That's where I'm going to have to be careful,
这里交规靠右行
when there's traffic coming the other way.
才想起来!
I've just realised!
我居然没把灯组打开
I'm driving without the lights on.
还开着节能模式...
I'm driving with the eco-engine system...
后窗除雾开启,全部打开。座椅加热,是的
Heated rear window, I want that on.Heated seats, yes.
这就好多了
That's better.
看我这么开车别人会觉得我是个神经病
Probably people think this is a bit odd,
但如果他们知道我正在做什么的话,他们会理解的
but if they knew why I was doing it,they would understand.
简直不敢相信他们会让我们做这种事
I can't believe they're making us do this,
因为这个地区的辐射并没衰减。危害依旧存在
because it's not like the radioactivity has gone. It hasn t.
辐射物有半衰期,
那里残存的辐射污染物半衰期有24万5千年
It has a half-life, material that's left, of 245,000 years.
显然詹姆斯·梅,能解释什么是半衰期
And James May, obviously,can explain what a half-life is
实际上现在他很可能正滔滔不绝
In fact, he probably is doing.
半衰期几乎是恒定的。
A half-life is actually constant.
比如一块铀具有半衰期,当经过一个半衰期之后
A piece of uranium will have a half-life and when that half-life is passed,
剩余物质的半衰期依旧不变
the remaining bit still has the same half-life.
我认为这个词是由玛丽·居里首创的
I think the word was coined by Marie Curie.
在20世纪初
The early 20th century was the time
当放射现象首次被发现和定义时...
when radioactivity was identified and discovered...
经过25英里(40公里)的高转速路程后
After 25 miles of red-line motoring,
Up!的油耗依旧不容乐观
the news from the Up!still wasn't good.
我的平均油耗已经降到23英里每加仑(百公里10升)
I've managed to average 23 miles to the gallon.
必须更低。怎么能更低?
I've got to get that down.How do I get that down?
很好,现在空气阻力更大了
Right, the drag is now dramatically worsened.
与此同时...
Meanwhile...
说实在的,我有点想吐了
I am feeling a bit sick now,if I'm honest.
噢,那是警车?噢,老天
Oh, is that a police car? Oh, dear.
目前情况很糟
There's the horrible evidence.
已经跑了四分之一的路程,25.5英里(41公里)
At a quarter distance, 25.5 miles,
我应该消耗掉其中一格油量才对
I should have lost one of those four bars that I started with.
但油表连根毛都没变
But it's not happening.
快点啊,汽油!赶快烧完
Come on, petrol! Sod off.
OK,我们被警♥察♥拦住了
OK, we've been pulled by the police.
他们对我蛇形驾驶表示疑惑
They were wondering why I was zigzagging.
警♥察♥正和摄制组交谈
They're talking to the camera car in front.
与此同时,我让引擎疯狂空转
Meanwhile, I'm sitting here at max RPM to try and use some fuel
以便消耗更多燃油
while I'm stationary.
当哈蒙德还在骚扰警♥察♥时
Whilst Hammond was deafening the police,
我靠边停车拔掉了引擎管理系统控制线
I pulled over to disable my engine management system.
怎么样!
How about that!
发动机报♥警♥灯亮起。是的。就是我想要的
Engine warning light.Yes. That's what we want.
现在引擎启动了故障应急模式
What the engine has to do now is assume a sort of worst-case scenario,
因为它收不到传感器的各种数据
because it doesn't know anything about itself,
于是它认为现在温度很低,燃油品质很差
so it will assume it's very cold,the fuel quality is bad,
这样油耗就增大了
so it must be less efficient.
距切尔诺贝利还有30英里(48公里),
哥三的车依旧坚挺
30 miles from Chernobyl,all our cars were still running
我们尝试了已知的各种办法让车更耗油
and we were trying every trick in the book to make them conk out
看我现在的空气阻力!
Look at that for drag now!
刹车。加速
Brake. Then accelerate.
再刹车。再加速
Then brake. Accelerate.
还有三格油!老天!
Still got three bars! Come on!
看!17.8英里每加仑(百公里13.2升)。
我的油量报♥警♥灯亮了!噢,耶
There it is! 17.8mpg.My fuel light has come on! Oh, yeah.
21英里每加仑(百公里11.2升)。我做的还不够好!
I'm doing 21 miles to the gallon.I'm not doing well enough!
都空了。指针停在耗尽的位置
Everything's on empty.The needle, on empty.
快点,停下来。停住
Come on, run out. Run out.
车外气温只有一摄氏度。都快冻僵了
It's one degree out there.Nipples are sticking out badly.
啊!我看见理查德·哈蒙德了
Ah! I believe this is Richard Hammond.
这车应该停下来了
This thing should not be moving
我做到了!我做到了!我做到了!
别告诉我你已经把油烧完了。没错!
I'm going! I'm going! I am going!Don't tell me you've run out. Yes!
是的!哈!哈!噢,太爽了!停下来了
Yes! Ha ha! Oh, bliss! It's gone
简直不敢相信。它...
I don't believe you. It...
你难以置信。下一讲
I don't believe you. Sit rep.
理查德·哈蒙德是个(和谐音)
Richard Hammond is a BLEEP.
你继续。向地狱前进
Go on. Go and meet your fate.
没有涡轮的Up!继续前行。直到...
The un-turbo-charged Up! continued onwards. And then...
噢,等等。那是啥?好象是个检查站
Oh, wait a minute. What do we have here? Some kind of checkpoint
辐射区周围30英里(48公里)被隔离起来
The barrier marked the start of the 30km exclusion zone,
现在我不得不进入辐射区了。詹姆斯也一样
and now I'd have to go through it.So would James.
但进去之后谁来摄像?
But who would film what happened afterwards?
摄制组的三个摄像师。是的
Three main cameramen. Yeah.
他们打道回基辅了。什么?
They're getting in a taxi and going back to Kiev. What?
他们不打算进去。就这么闪人了
They're not going in。There they go
所以我们即将进入全世界最危险的地方,和两个...
So we film the most dangerou thing we ever done with two...
我无意冒犯,但只是两个摄影助理而已
I don’t want be rude。But camera assists
我要感谢你们。是的
I actually want thank you.yes.
感谢你们,你们非常勇敢
Thank you very much,you are very brave
现在你们晋升为官方摄像师了
You are now promote the official cameramen.
我知道你们现在很想马上逃走,但...这次挑战意义重大
I know you want to get out on the road,
but this is... this is a bit much
这是我们为进入隔离区所做的准备工作
Those was us all going in made that preparations
好的,切换内循环,出风口关闭
Right,air on recycle,vents shut
盖革计数器。开启
Geiger counter.on
这是台货真价实的盖革计数器。一直在嗒嗒作响
That really is a Geiger counter.and its really going tick-tick
摄影师像往常一样在揽胜后面进行拍摄,
但是车门是关上的
The cameramen has to film at back with landrover as usual,
but with the door closed
通常后门是开启的
normal the tailgate is proper open
目前仍有17吨♥左右高放射性废料
There's something like 17 tonnes of radioactive waste
暴露在核心反应区
still in the exposed reactor core.
苏联人在核心外♥围♥建造了一座巨大的石棺
They're building an enormous sort of arch, really, over
罩住整个反应堆,防止污染扩散,但没彻底完工
the entire site, which will seal it off, but that is not finished yet.
距离8公里,我开始祈求上帝
With 8km to go,I had started to beg.
耗光、赶快耗光
Run out. Run out now.
但啥事也没发生
But it didn't.
辐射仪指针一直在升高
That needle is definitely moving.
迹象很明显,我们已经不可避免地
Now it had become imperative we didn't run out
要经过核心辐射区了
until we were well past the reactor.
就是它
There it is.
那就是四号♥主反应堆的真身
That is the remains of reactor number four.
难以置信
This is unbelievable.
我知道现在不是为这事得意的时候
I wouldn't want to appear to be gloating at a time like this,
但我车还有两格油量
but I do still have two bars of fuel left.
但我没有
I didn't.
噢,天啊!别现在停下
Oh, my God! Don't stop now.
像往常一样,我遇到了大♥麻♥烦
And as a result,I was in serious trouble.
这里就是当年核电厂职工的生活区
This is where the people who worked at the nuclear facility all lived.
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表