剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
奇迹的是,我们把车完整的开到了山脚下
Amazingly, we all made it to the bottom of the mountain in one piece.
基本上
Nearly.
现在,我们距泰国边境还剩40英里(6♥4♥公里)
And now we were only 40 miles from the Thai border.
噢,就是这。我们要离开缅♥甸♥了
Oh, this is it.We are about to leave Burma.
我会想念它的。有太多美好回忆
I'm gonna miss it.So many amazing moments
很快我们跨越了边境线
Soon we cross the border into Thailand and this meant
这意味着还有90英里(145公里)我们就能抵达终点桂河
we were now just 90 miles from our finishing line at the River Kwai.
前方是19英里(30公里)的坦途
19 miles of easy-going on smooth roads.
噢,哈蒙德你的轮胎!你的胎...
Oh, it's hammered your tyre! Your tyre is...
你爆胎了,伙计
It's detonating, mate.
很难向你描述...
It's hard to explain to you...
我不会放弃。我不会停下来。少个轮胎会死么?
I'm not giving up. I'm not stopping.How many wheels do I need?
剩下的轮胎很给力直到夜色降临...
Happily, the rest of my tyres stayed inflated and as darkness fell...
我们终于来到目的地
we finally reached our destination.
我认为已经到了桂河
I believe we are at the River Kwai.
这辆吊车做到了,各位
The crane is here, everybody.
虽然绑着(XX)的绳子,但还是做到了
It's bolted onto a BLEEP lorry but never mind that.
我脑子已经麻木了
My brain is frazzled.
我现在湿得不能再湿了,
并且我也不想再听到卡车爬山的挣扎声
Oh I'm sweating here and I don't wanna listen to the lorry
struggling and screaming and straining to climb another hill.
啊,啊,啊!
Ah, ah, ah!
我现在真想睡上1000年
I am going to sleep for 1,000 years.
我的脊椎顶破头盖骨了么?
Has my spine come out of the top of my head?
看不出来,我眼睛已经震瞎了
I can't see because my eyes have been shaken loose.
盆骨也有点错位
I think my pelvis has moved around in my body.
对你来说很正常。完全不听使唤
I'm not surprised in your lorry.It doesn't work.
你的踏板完全不一样
Your pedals are all different.
我每次踩离合都要这样
Releasing the clutch is that.
就像共济会的舞蹈团
It's like a Masonic dance thing that I have to do every time.
你知道那些愚蠢的健身房♥配重盘吧?
You know those power plates in gyms that make you stupid?
我已经被弄出心理阴影了
There's also a psychological thing,
现在只要听见柴油引擎声,我就开始抽搐
every time I hear a diesel engine start I have a nervous twitch.
还有手动变速器。什么?
Manual gearboxes. What?
我的三观被你们摧毁的一干二净
You have ruined me and my life.
变速杆太远了...
The gearbox is too far...
“当年战俘是走到桂河的”
"The Prisoners Of War walked to their bridge site,
“而你们是开车来的,所以闭嘴吧”
"you have driven here so shut up."
“明早五点开始造桥”什么?!
"Work on the bridge starts at 0500." What?!
“五点起直到桥造完”
"0500 and you can't go home
“那之前你们不能回家”
"until all three lorries have driven over it."
凌晨五点。这是干嘛?我们不是战俘
0500. What's the point? We're not still in the war.
为什么要凌晨五点?可能是条小河
What's the point of 0500? It will only be a little river.
第二天凌晨五点..过11小时
The next morning at precisely 0500..and 11,
我们发现自己想错了
we discovered just how wrong we were.
这比我想的宽多了
It is much wider than I thought it was going to be.
我本以为是条可爱的小溪。我也是。这比我想的宽一百倍
I thought it would be a comedic gully. I did. It's 100 times wider.
我们要建一座跨度60米的桥,詹姆士动身去设计
We were going to need a 60m bridge so James went off to make plans
而我和哈蒙德测量水位
and Hammond and I decided to measure the depth of the water.
我说我和哈蒙德...
Well, when I say Hammond and I...
我正接近河中♥央♥
I'm approaching plumb depth.
啊!伸出竹子...哦!啊!
Ah! Broach the plumb... Oh! Ah!
水真冷
It's ever so cold.
我讨厌干这个!
I hate my job!
电影里亚历克·吉尼斯可没说
In Bridge On The River Kwai did Alec Guinness go,
“噢,水真冷!”
"Oh, it's ever so cold!"
我打赌他肯定说过。噢!我打赌
I bet he did in reality. Oh! I bet he did in reality.
噢!悲剧的是哈蒙德被水流冲走了
Oh! Sadly, at this point my colleague was carried away by the current.
游啊,伙计!
Swim, man!
我在游!
I am!
这也叫游泳?
You're the weakest swimmer in the world.
由于他没能提供任何有价值数据
And since he was providing no useful feedback,
我去查看詹姆士的修建计划
I went to check on James's plans.
这是我的初步设想
This is what I was thinking.
河岸逐渐向河床下降
The bank goes down at each side obviously,
我们先在两岸埋下装满石头的筐子
we build up the approach area with these baskets of stones,
用竹子做成这些竖直的桩子,它们是纵梁
make vertical piles out of bamboo like this, these longerons
我这么叫它们,它们由竹子捆绑而成
I'm calling them, they are bamboo lashed together,
像这样...
these will go this way...
两条车轮行驶的桥面,其余部分是空的
Two tracks for the wheels,the rest is immaterial
接着搭建这种结构
and then a superstructure like this
增加稳定性
all adding strength.
就像电影里描述的那样
You know the sort of thing so that it looks a bit like the film.
第一步我们要找很多石头
Basically we need to start with rocks
还有金属网做成的框架用来装它们
and some wire mesh to make boxes to put them in.
石头从哪里来?
Where are we getting rocks from?
这是你的活,你开的是翻斗车
That's your job because you have the tipper lorry.
我负责制♥作♥金属笼子
I set about making the wire mesh baskets,
拆掉杰瑞米的生活舱...
freed up the space in Jeremy's cargo bay...
梅,你个蠢货!
May, you imbecile!
当哈蒙德游上岸
And when Hammond finally returned,
我派他们去附近采石场装石头
I sent them both off to a nearby quarry to get the rocks.
把它们放到前面
You've put them in the front of this one.
很好,贴着放
Yeah, stick them in the front.
都放进去
Let's have these ones here.
杰瑞米...你能做点事吗?
Jeremy...Are you going to do anything?
我能干啥?装车啊。那人不是正在干么!
What can I do? Load the trucks.He's loading them!
车装满后,杰瑞米终于爬回车内
With the trucks loaded,Jeremy finally got off his backside
紧接着对我大喊大叫
and immediately started to shout at me.
哈蒙德!你个白♥痴♥
Hammond! You idiot.
什么?
What?
你给我装了400吨♥石块,现在它陷住了
You put about 400 tonnes of rocks and it is stuck.
我提醒过你,是不是来帮点忙?
I woke you to say are you going to help with the loading?
你回答说“没啥可干,那人正在做。”
Your words were,"There's nothing to do,This man doing."
这就是你需要保持清醒的原因
That's exactly the kind of issue you should have been awake for.
我怎么知道你能装多少?我不知道
How do I know what your load is? I don't know.
唯一解决办法是倒出一些石头
The only solution was to tip some of the rocks out.
噢,不,不,不!
Oh, no, no, no!
噢,老天。这是个大事故。看呐...
Oh, my. That's a remarkable accident.Look...
噢,老天,不
Oh, jeez, no.
你挡风玻璃掉下来了。这真太XX(和谐音)好了
Your windscreen has come out.
起码能吹吹风了!
The breeze will be nice!
回到岸边,詹姆士充满了同情
Predictably, when we got back, James was overflowing with sympathy.
头撞破了么?没,但是...
Did you head-butt it? But look...
理查德和詹姆士开始徒手装石头
Richard and James began to load their basket by hand.
喔,块头真大
Oh, that's a big rock.
但我对体力活没兴趣,于是我使用机械替代
But I'm allergic to manual labour so I used horsepower instead.
之后我去镇上买♥♥晚饭
And then I went into town to buy supper.
这是西葫芦?
Is this a marrow?
啥...?名字...
A...? Name...
这是...我以为这是西葫芦
This is... Crikey, is it? I thought it was a marrow.
长知识了。在泰国,这东西叫...是的,就是这个
That's something you learn. In Thailand, the word for... Yes, that.
西葫芦叫这名
That's the word for marrow.
当我回来时,我领回一帮本地劳工
When I returned, I brought with me a gang of local labourers.
你在干嘛?
What are you doing?
咱哥仨没可能造一座桥,现实一点
There's no way we're going to be able to build this bridge by ourselves,
let's be reasonable.
他说的对,哈蒙德
He's right, Hammond.
你和我没可能造一座桥
You and I are not going to be able to build this bridge by ourselves.
懂你意思。但领导不做体力活
I know. Hello, officers won't work.
亚历克·吉尼斯在电影里
Alec Guinness made that very plain in Bridge On The River Kwai
设计桥
in the film.
整个故事表达的主题是领导不做体力活
That was the whole premise of the story is that officers won't work.
你是领导?我当然是领导。
我就是这里的亚历克·吉尼斯
You're an officer? Of course I'm an officer.I’m Alec Guinness here.
因为你拿着棍子。那根棍子很快会消失
Because you've got a stick.That stick may disappear quite soon.
在本地人的帮助下,詹姆士和我的进度明显加快
With the local chaps helping, James and I started to make good progress.
然而,当我们挥汗如雨时
However,As we toiled away,
自说自话的领导开始玩过家家
the self-appointed officer seemed to be setting up a children's tea party.
你在干什么?
What are you doing now?
这是从19世纪缅♥甸♥英国先辈学来的经验
Well, it's a trick I learnt from the British in Burma in the 19th century,
那时他们雇佣当地年轻人,把果酱涂在他们身上
they would employ some local young chap, cover him in jam,
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表