剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
令人震惊,真的。噢,谢谢
I think that's pretty impressive,I really do. Oh, thank you.
猜你会在哪?
But how fast do you think you did it?
成绩板上?噢,我不知道
Where do you think you came on the board? Oh, I don't know.
或许排在希德斯顿和博纳维尔之间?
In between Hiddleston and Bonneville?
你希望排在希德斯顿和博纳维尔之间?1分50秒左右?
You're hoping to get between Tom and Hugh? Around about the 1.50 mark?
是的
Yeah.
你的成绩,杰克·怀特霍尔...你现在的姿势就像...
You did it, Jack Whitehall...You're leaning forward like a pro...
1分...1分,很好
One minute...One minute, that's good.
..50...
..50...
不知该怎么说出口
There's no kind way of saying this.
..4.5
..4.5.
哦!
Aw!
这没什么...
It's all right, you know...
坐进车里对我来说已经是种胜利了
Getting in the car for me was a victory in itself.
能往下挪挪吗?
Do you want to move it further down?
没脸靠那么上
I feel like I'm sullying that person by being there.
但是...
But that, I mean...
或许回家闭关修♥炼♥一段时间再来挑战
Maybe I could come back after I've actually learnt to drive
能跑出好成绩
and I would get a competitive time.
欣赏你的决心,因为这成绩太糟了。是的,我知道!
I'd like that because this was woeful. Yeah, I know!
至少我做出了成绩,没躲在小黑屋泪流满面
At least I'm on the board and not at home crying in my pants,
换作以前我或许更废
which is where I should be when it comes to driving.
很期待你再次做客,因为和你聊天很有意思
No, I'd like to have you back because it's been bloody good fun having you here.
女士们先生们,杰克·怀特霍尔!
Ladies and gentlemen,Jack Whitehall!
好的..如果你想要辆快车,你有很多选择
Now... If you want a car that's fast,you're spoiled for choice.
如果你要辆环保的,或者便宜的
Same story if you want a car that's economical or cheap,
又或者空间大的车,你也有很多选择
or has a big boot, but what if you're a massive showoff and your main
但如果你想要辆在家乡父老前面子十足的车呢?
requirement is for a car that makes you stand out in your hometown?
好吧,这主要取决于你住哪
Well, that can be a lot trickier
接下来我就给各位做个演示
depending upon the town where you live, as I shall now demonstrate.
欢迎来到阿♥拉♥伯联合酋长国,在这里,你能看见
Welcome to the United Arab Emirates,where, as you can see,
各种拉风的神车
it takes quite a lot to stand out on the car front.
在这里,你眼里的神车比如法拉利或兰博基尼
Out here, your common or garden Ferrari or Lamborghini
都显得一钱不值
can no longer cut the mustard.
那么要在这赚足回头率该怎么办?
So what do you do if you want to turn heads?
或许我能给你答案
Well, I think I may have the answer.
很多人认为换上闪亮的轮毂是个好办法
You see, everyone thinks about blinging their wheels,
但没人想过可以给车多加几个轮子
but nobody ever thinks of adding MORE wheels.
这是辆奔驰六驱G-Wagen越野车
This is the new six-wheeled version of Mercedes's iconic G-Wagen.
除了多出的一对轮子外,另外一个让它如此珍贵的原因是
And beside the extra wheels,it also ticks the rarity box
这车全世界只有两辆
because it's one of only two in existence.
可能还会再造一些,但我猜不会太多
More will be built,though I suspect not many
因为这车售价37万英镑(3779665人♥民♥币)
when you consider the price,which is a trouser-troubling £370,000.
六轮G-Class原本是为澳大利亚陆军设计的
The six-wheel G-Class was originally built for the Australian Army,
标准配置只有座椅和车门而已
who demanded standard equipment like seats and doors.
而这辆民用版本上,你可以看见
In this civilian version,however, you get heated
真皮通风加热座椅
and ventilated electric leather chairs,
真皮包裹仪表台
a leather-trimmed dashboard
竹制面板货舱
and a bamboo-lined cargo bay.
大价钱确实为你换来了很多东西,我是说这车非常大
You really do get a lot of car for your money, as in A LOT OF CAR.
瞧瞧这个大家伙
I mean, look at it.
几乎比揽胜长出一米,轮胎尺寸37英寸(0.94米)
It's nearly a metre longer than a Range Rover and it's got 37-inch wheels.
我觉得能把头伸进车轮
I reckon I could get my head in the gap between the wheel
和车身的缝隙里
and the wheel arch.
是的,没错。揽胜绝做不到
Yeah, I can.Try doing that in a Range Rover.
这车重达3.75吨♥
The six-by-six also weighs three-and-three-quarter tonnes
也就是三辆高尔夫的重量
or the same as three VW Golfs.
所以在发动机方面,一定不会马虎
So, engine-wise,it can't afford to mess about.
一台5.5升536马力双涡轮增压V8引擎
It's actually got a 5.5 litre,536-horsepower twin-turbo V8
由梅赛德斯自家改装厂AMG提供
from Mercedes's in-house nutterists, AMG.
噢,动力源源不断!
Oh, we're getting a move on!
扭矩560磅-英尺(约759牛米)
560 pound-feet of torque.
0-60英里(96公里)加速6秒内
0-60 in under six seconds.
这是运动车的水准
That's sports car stuff in something the size of a shopping centre.
油耗?我猜官方的数据会在
Fuel economy? Well, I doubt this will be the official transport
下一届绿色和平组织年会发布
to the next Greenpeace annual conference.
厂方建议加满两箱油
All I'll say is they thought it best to fit two fuel tanks.
用这个开关切换油箱
You change over using this switch up here.
头顶开关很拉风
And everybody loves an overhead switch.
如果我开着这车行驶在Ross-on-Wye主干道上
(哈蒙德老家的一条公路)
If I drove this down Ross-on-Wye high street
就能接受众人的膜拜
I would be lord of all I survey.
成为赫里福德郡国王
The undisputed king of Herefordshire.
先不管赫里福德郡,这车甚至惊动了本地人
Never mind Herefordshire, this thing attracts attention even around here.
这是?
Seriously?
真的吗?
Really?
好吧,被条子盯上了
Yeah, he's serious.
结果是
As it turned out,
连这里的警♥察♥都没见过我的车...
the policeman had never seen such an unusual car before...'
有六个轮子。另一边也一样
There's six wheels. I guess it's the same on the other side.
..在欣赏完后,他又执行任务去了
..and was on his way again after he'd had a look.'
拜!
Bye!
兰博基尼Aventador警车。我老家可没这玩意
Lamborghini Aventador police car.They don't have those in Ross-on-Wye.
还有这些...
Or these...
法拉利FF
Ferrari FF.
和SLS AMG警车
That's an SLS AMG.
好奇幻的一天
What a funny day.
虽然六驱车在铺装路上很快并且能吸引警♥察♥
Now, although the six-by-six is seriously quick on tarmac and turns
但它的本事还是要在越野环境才能展现出来
policemen's heads, where it's really built to shine is as an off-roader.
举个例子
Let me give you an example.
路虎卫士能涉水半米
A Land Rover Defender can wade through half a metre of water
这很不错
and that's very good.
但这车能趟一米
This can wade through twice that.
然而,这里是沙漠,水是传说中的物质
However, this being the desert,water is quite hard to find,
所以如果想测试一下,你需要灵光乍现
so if you want to test it,you do have to improvise.
早,抱歉
Morning, sorry.
抱歉。就是这,如果没量错,一米深的水
Sorry. This is, unless I'm very much mistaken, a metre of water.
我的六轮车...闲庭信步
And my six-by-six is...wading through it.
前头还顶着个救生圈
Even dealing with the rubber rings.
是的,毫无压力
Yeah, not having any difficulties with this at all.
但它在沙漠里表现又如何呢?
But how does it cope with sand?
这是个好消息,因为沙子是这里最不缺的东西
Well, the good news is, sand is one thing we're really not short of.
欢迎来到鲁卜哈利沙漠
Welcome to the Empty Quarter.
世界最大的沙漠之一
The largest sand desert in the world.
面♥积♥25万平方英里(约65万平方公里)
Covering some 250,000 square miles.
这里气温能达50摄氏度
Out here, temperatures hit 50 degrees centigrade
最大的沙丘有800英尺高(243米)
and there are dunes more than 800ft high.
OK,这车是六轮驱动
OK, we have six-wheel drive
并且有30-40-30的轴荷比...并且
with the power split 30-40-30 across the axles...check.
配备了比军用版本更强的前悬挂...
Stronger front springs from the armoured version of the G-Class...
还有
check.
锁止差速器 - 噢,数量方面
Locking diffs - oh, we've got those.
你可能认为这车有三个。但实际上,是五个!
The most you'd expect normally would be three. On here, five!
通过这几个按钮可以在任何路况下进行锁止操作
And you lock them using these buttons in different ways.
好的,出发
Right, let's go.
这些沙丘一个比一个大
These are big, big dunes.
我脚下这沙丘形同一座山
This is more of a sand mountain I'm on right now.
噢!3.75吨♥的奔驰能这么玩
Oh! Three-and-three-quarter tonnes of Mercedes
前所未有的驾驶体验!
is doing this, it just doesn't feel right!
多出来的后轴和车轮,能随着沙丘的起伏
This extra axle and these two extra wheels, it changes the way the
上下波动,感觉很柔软
six-by-six travels over the ground,it undulates, it feels supple.
碾过沙丘...
It's like blasting through the desert dunes...
..这车就像长了脚
..riding a sinew.
来吧!
Come on!
噢!
O-o-o-oh!
不!(和谐)
No! BLEEP!
玩大了点。抱歉。
I got some air. Sorry, everybody.
沉醉于越野快♥感♥中不能自拔
Intoxicated by what the Merc could do,
我越来越深入沙漠
I drove deeper and deeper into the Empty Quarter.'
这是哪?
Right, where's it go now?
噢,老天!噢!
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表