剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
前情回顾
我们的旅程从缅♥甸♥旧首府仰光启程
Our adventure began in the old Burmese capital Rangoon,
伴随我们的是三辆老爷卡车
where, having bought three ancient lorries
哈蒙德,这椅子是从教堂扒来的
Hammond, this seat is a church pew.
我们被要求前往桂河建造一座能承载
we were told we had to build a bridge over the River Kwai that was
这些卡车的坚固桥梁
strong enough to support them.
这桥得多大才能承载我的车?
How big a bridge are we going to have to build to support my truck?
你车多重?差不多1000吨♥
How much does yours weigh? About 1,000 tonnes.
前往泰国桂河意味这是次1200英里(1931公里)的旅程
Getting to the river in Thailand meant a 1,200 mile journey
并且要穿越危机四伏的缅泰公路...
across Burma on roads that were dangerous...
喔
Whoa.
山路
mountainous
啊!
Ahhhhh!
以及越野路况
and often not roads at all.
车轮空转。打滑严重
Watch the wheel spin. Sliding badly.
制片人要求我们留宿缅♥甸♥卡车旅店
Since the producers insisted we stay in Burmese truck stops
噢,不算太糟
Oh, it's not so bad.
我们把卡车改成房♥车
we turned our lorries into houses.
改装似乎没啥效果
Not all of my improvements have turned out to be improvements.
旅途中我们迷失方向,
Way out in the middle of nowhere,we ran out of fuel,
耗尽燃油并寻找燃油
and whilst looking for diesel
嗷,嗷,嗷,嗷,嗷
Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.
哈蒙德从马上掉下来摔伤了胳膊
Hammond was thrown by a stallion and injured his arm.
啊,(和谐音)
Ah, BLEEP.
更有甚者,詹姆士的鼾声让我忍♥无可忍♥
Worse still, James's snoring forced us to take drastic action.
克拉克森!
Clarkson!
一路上
And everywhere we went,
哈蒙德的雄伟排气管都在制♥造♥麻烦
Hammond's vertical exhausts were causing chaos.
我另根管子也掉了
I've lost my other stack.
你知道的,我们不是美帝海军陆战队,我们一向抛弃伤员
As you know, we're not the US Marines, we leave a man behind.
抱歉
Sorry.
没事。没啥好看的
It's OK. Nothing to see.
嗷
Ow.
远离哈蒙德破车的前方
Far ahead of Hammond's disintegrating lorry,
詹姆士和我进入了缅♥甸♥神秘地区
James and I were about to enter a secretive region of Burma known as
掸邦
the Shan state.
内战在这里持续了60年
A civil war has raged here for 60 years.
以前从未有摄制组进入这里。我们是第一个
No television crew has ever been allowed in. We would be the first.
这里神秘的一个重要原因是
There is a very good reason why it's so secretive in there.
虽然旅游公♥司♥极力想让你相信
You see, the travel companies would have you believe that
位于泰国、缅♥甸♥、老挝交界的金三角
the Golden Triangle is,well, it's a tourist attraction,
是个旅游胜地
at the point where Thailand, Burma and Laos all meet.
但金三角的 - 怎么说呢
But the golden triangle with the - how can I put this
“特殊种植业”就在掸邦
the special agriculture that is in the Shan.
显然,这里还有一些特殊养殖业,比如养"马"
(horse俚语里指“海♥洛♥因♥”)
Apparently, some of the special agriculture is known as horse,
他们养“马”很有一套,我要去看看
they're obviously growing horses somehow. I shall look for those.
这里的“马场”
Fields of horses growing in them.
到了。热情的欢迎牌坊,就是这里。就是这里
Here we go. Warm and cordial welcome,this is it. This is it.
我们进入了掸邦
We are entering the Shan.
我们代表西方世界拜访这里
We genuinely are representing the Western world.
系好领带
Good job I'm wearing a tie.
然而山路又起
Unfortunately,as the roads started to climb,
詹姆士和我兴奋得忘记了自己身处何地
James and I rather forgot the significance of where we were.
冲啊!加油,宝贝。
Go! Come on, lorry.
欢迎来到掸邦卡车爬山赛
Welcome, then, to the inaugural Shan state lorry hill climb.
虽然只有一个档位能用
A sport where a single botched gear change
但依旧精彩
can make all the difference.
准备超车
Attempt to squeeze in.
它上来了
It's coming.
不,不,不!我被辆皮卡追上了
No, no, no! I'm trapped by the pick-up.
吃我的尾气吧
Eat my dirt.
占据内线
Got the inside line.
这是世上最棒的比赛
This is the best race in the world.
我封死线路
I've blocked him,I blocked him.
镇上就临时休战吧?
Shall we call a temporary truce while we go through the town,yeah?
我们回去后,如果被军情六处询问
When we get back,if we're interviewed by MI6
“掸邦啥样?”
and they say,"What was it like in the Shan?"
我们就说“不知道,当时我们在飚卡车”
We'll have to go,"I don't know,we were racing lorries."
作为第一个来这的西方人我有点紧张
I am embarrassed to be the first Westerner in here
还开着一辆挂粉色泰迪的卡车
and I'm driving a sports lorry with a pink teddy bear on the front.
为示郑重,我把拉迪亚德拆了下来
To make us look more dignified,I put Rudyard in the cab,
然后进入了神秘区域
and then we set off into the unknown.
天啊
God above.
我仿佛进入了
I think I've accidentally taken a short cut
《权力的游戏》中的奇幻世界
(《权力的游戏》:中世纪史诗奇幻题材美剧)
into the set of Game Of Thrones.
在这片超过英格兰和威尔士面♥积♥之和的土地上
Here, in a region that is bigger than England and Wales put together,
只有一条150年前英国人修建的公路
there is just one road, built 150 years ago, by the British.
这里不通电,没手♥机♥信♥号♥♥,没电视
But there is no electricity,no mobile phone signal, no TV,
没旅馆,没医院
no hotels, no hospitals.
天上也没飞机掠过
And in the skies, no planes.
不可思议
That is gigantic.
惊叹过后,詹姆士和我停到路边
Bowled over by it all,James and I pulled over,
哈蒙德也赶了上来
and after Hammond caught up
噢,老爷子终于赶上来了
Oh, yes, the 1920s is arriving.
之后我们讨论为啥自己是第一个来到这里
we tried to work out why us three had been the first ones
的西方人
allowed in here.
想想看
Think about it.
如果你是朝鲜官员,你会尽可能向人♥民♥描述
If you were North Korea, and you wanted to portray to your people
西方人多么落魄,你会请我们去做客,对吧?
how lumpen and useless the West was,you'd invite us three, wouldn't you?
是的
Yeah.
因为我们的邋遢相让朝鲜人觉得
Because we'd wander about and the North Koreans would go,
“为什么羡慕西方?瞧这仨货,可怜虫”
"Why would we want to be Western? Look at them. They're dreadful."
你肩上有鸟粪。是的
You've got bird poo on your shoulder. I have.
所以金三胖提醒他的人♥民♥
So what the government is essentially saying to these
你们难道想变成这样?
people is, why would you want to live like they do in the West?
瞧瞧他们仨。还有一点
Look at them. There's another thing that we're doing.
只是个副作用
This is just an incidental service.
本地没见过多少西方人
They haven't seen many Westerners here.
我们至少表明...他们会这么认为
We are at least showing...They're not going to end up saying,
“西方人和我们一样”是吗?像我们仨
"They all look the same to me,"are they? With us three.
这是明目张胆的种族言论
That's just blatantly racist.
不...显然。是的,就是
No... Clearly. Yes, you are. You are.
你觉得本地人会认为西方人和我们一样
You're assuming that they think we all look the same
因为我们也有这种想法
because we think they all look the same.
不,你断章取义,我不是这意思...
Now you're making a leap,I didn't...
你是望文生义
You're completing something that I didn't put in.
是的,但这很有趣
Yes, we are,but it's quite good fun.
抱着对掸邦的强烈好奇心,我们继续前进
Keen to see more of the Shan,we moved on.
伙计们,看这三蹦子司机。怎么了?
Chaps, check out the driver of this tuk-tuk. What's he done?
我不知道具体情况,但他很有爆点
I don't know what it was,but he's done a lot of it.
瞧他脸上的伤。噢,天啊
He's off his face. Oh, dear.
噢,天啊,我明白你意思了
Oh, Lord, I see what you mean.
詹姆士,你有看见“马场”吗?
James, do you see any fields where they are growing horses?
没,我没看见任何“马场”
No, I haven't seen a single horse plantation yet.
但我们见到了史上持续时间
What we did see, however,was evidence of what is officially
最长的内战证据
the world's longest running civil war.
到处是武装部队
This is a big army presence, here.
此时詹姆士在想一件无关紧要的事
James, however, seemed to have less important things on his mind.
是时候试试我的水冷制动系统了
Time to try out my water brake cooling system.
准备。轻点开关
I'm ready. A little switch.
有点作用。- 但好景不长
I think it works.
The elation,however,was short lived
见鬼
Cock.
我的方向盘锁死了
My steering has just locked up.
我不认为这是个好情况,詹姆士。把军队堵在后面
I'm not sure that's a good idea,James, is it? Blocking the Army?
问题很严重。前轴坏了
The problem was a big one.The front axle had broken.
此时打发时间的最好办法是来点音乐
There's only one thing I can think to play at a time like this.
很好,你们走吧。拜拜。很严重,对吧?好走不送
Well, off you go. Goodbye.That's a bad one, isn't it? See you.
嗷!(和谐音)
Ow! BLEEP.
哈蒙德和我进入掸邦深处
As Hammond and I travelled deeper into the Shan,
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表