剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
Oh, my God! Oh!
噢,搞什么名堂!
Oh, for crying out loud!
这也太高了吧!
I wouldn't ski down that!
死就死吧
OK.
喔-奥-噢!
Whoa-oh-oh-aah!
越过去,越过去...噢!感觉不太好,不妙!
Over the top, over the top...Oh! Oh, very unpleasant, not nice!
简直是自杀!
It's vertical!
要出大事了!
I'm in a car,I'm having a plane crash!
打滑了!
I'm still going down!
噢,真愚蠢,我讨厌这里!
Oh, what a stupid place, I hate it!
前方,出现一片平坦的沙地
Ahead, I saw a nice,flat desert floor
我觉得可以去那里撒欢
and decided that was a much safer place to be.'
它在漂移!
It's drifting!
现在我开的是辆拉力赛车,巨大的拉力赛车
Now it's a rally car,a gigantic rally car.
别忘了,我没吓得惊慌失措
And let's not forget,I'm not having to shout over this,
没有杀猪般的尖叫
it's not "Raaargh!" in here.
而是享受着舒适与豪华
I'm still cocooned in luxury.
这是台神奇的机器
It's an amazing device.
当你在松软的沙地上行驶时
Now, when you take an off-roader across sand,
最好的做法是像我这样
the standard practice, as I've done,
放掉一部分胎压增大车轮和地面的接触面♥积♥
is to let some air out of the tyres to give them a bigger footprint.
现在回到柏油路,所以要重新充气
Now I'm going back on tarmac,so I need to reinflate them.
只需操作头顶这些按钮就行了
All I've got to do is operate these overhead switches.
感觉像战斗机驾驶员
I feel like a jet pilot.
压缩机启动
Compressor on.
见证奇迹的时刻
Going up.
一分钟就能充满六条胎
And they can reinflate ALL of these tyres in under a minute.
噢,我喜欢这感觉
Oh, I love this.
如果在莱德伯里,我一定会被围观的
If I did this in Ledbury I'd be mobbed by now.
离开沙漠,我又驶回市中心
Leaving the Empty Quarter behind,I headed back towards civilisation.
我不会掩饰这辆车
I'm not going to pretend this is anything less than
风格迥异
a preposterous machine.
它是辆六米长
It's a six-metre,
3.75吨♥重,37万英镑的六轮恐龙
three-and-three-quarter tonne,£370,000, six-wheeled dinosaur,
但恐龙早已灭绝,它却令人惊叹
but as dinosaurs go,it is a magnificent one.
各方面都让人叹为观止
Magnificent to behold,magnificently made,
它是汽车制♥造♥领域的巅峰之作
it's one of the car world's mad moments.
和大行其道的普锐斯以及聆风完全不同
A day off from Priuses and Leafs.
甚至在这个土豪遍地的国度
And even in a country as chock-full of showy-offy cars as this one,
它依旧耀眼夺目
it's still really rather special.
你可以忘掉那些镀铬之类的改装方式了
You can forget your chrome wraps and whatever,
这世上没有哪辆车
I don't think you can beat
能在车轮数量上战胜它
just having more wheels than anything else,
我能百分百肯定
and I can say with absolute confidence
我的车轮数量绝对多过任何其它...噢
that I have more wheels than any other... Oh.
没关系,有一点我敢肯定这辆奔驰
No matter, one thing I can say for sure is that this is
是世上最极致的奔驰
the most extreme Mercedes out here.
我打赌没有任何一辆奔驰比我这辆
I doubt there's anything with a Mercedes badge in these parts
更能吸引眼球...那辆
that can draw as much attention...as that.
好吧,我的轮子不是最多的
All right,so I don't have the most wheels,
也不是世上最极致的奔驰
it's not the most extreme Mercedes out here,
但这车的身材是最大的
but the six-by-six does have size on its side.
大过任何一辆揽胜,任何一辆陆地巡洋舰
Bigger than any Range Rover,bigger than any Land Cruiser,
还有那边那辆老式吉普
bigger than that old Jeep up there and that's the thing
一辆车除漂亮之外,还可以做大
a car can be beautiful but when it's big,
当体积大到某种程度就...
it's got presence and they don't come much bigger than...
噢...我的...天...
Oh... my... God...
我喜欢这辆车
I want this one.
拉风
Brilliant.
最后那段真尴尬
Embarrassingly, whilst there,
我在一个遍地♥产♥油的国度
I ran the Merc out of petrol
居然把油箱跑干了。真的?
in the place where they actually grow the stuff. Really?
真是糟透了,感觉像个白♥痴♥。别管那个
It was awful, I felt an idiot.Never mind that,
我们能回放一下最后那张图吗?
can we just look at that picture of you at the end?
你就像《地板下的小矮人》里的角色
(英国小说家玛丽·诺顿的奇幻小说,后改编电影)
You do look like something out of The Borrowers
看起来真可悲。但必须承认那吉普太惊人了
to be brutally honest. But I have to say that Jeep is incredible.
可惜我去的时候它坏了,事实上它是能动的
Sadly, it was broken the day I was there, but it does actually move.
很期盼那天的到来,但现在我要证明
And I'd like to see that one day,but now it is time for me
汽车比摩托强这条真理了。噢,不
to demonstrate that cars are better than motorbikes. Oh, no.
等等,杰瑞米,我们时间不多了。好的,好的,听着
Hang on. Jeremy, we've only got a few minutes. Yes, yes, listen.
过来,这是张双人桌,OK?
Come over here, because what we have here is a table laid for two, OK?
我要在不打破餐具的前提下把桌布抽出来
And I'm going to remove this tablecloth without knocking
你要怎么做?
anything over.Where are you going with this?
后面观众离我远点
Everybody, stand back behind me,
因为我需要...迅雷不及掩耳的速度。好的...
because you need to be...quick to do this. Well...
很好。噢,干的不错
Well, yeah. Oh, well done.
大开眼界!
That's really cleared that up for us!
摩托快过一张餐桌!还是其他什么
Bikes are faster than a table!Or something.
你想表达什么?
What's that got to do with anything?
我♥干♥的不错,超出预期,说实话!
It went rather well, better than I'd expected, if I'm honest!
我想说的是,宝马曾经用一张更大的餐桌做过类似实验
Anyway, the thing is, BMW once did that trick with a much larger table,
就像接下来这段视频呈现的一样
as I shall now demonstrate with this bit of film.
叹为观止。干的不错,那辆摩托
Well, that is tremendous,it's amazing. Well done, the motorbike.
是啊
Yeah.
我现在要做的是弄辆汽车来复♥制♥这段实验
But what I'm going to do now is that exact same thing only with a car.
你也发现超级摩托加速很厉害?
You are aware, aren't you, that a Superbike accelerates very fast?
是的,哈蒙德,在10-150英里这个区间确实如此,
Yes, Hammond, from say 10-150,but to do that you need
但你需要的是瞬时加速,0-10英里才是关键
the instant acceleration,it's 0-10 that matters.
这点很重要
That is a very good point
因为摩托起步很困难
because it's very difficult to get a bike off the line.
是的,我理解你意思,摩托起步会猛的后仰然后翻车
Right, I'll admit, it usually spins the wheel or it flips over backwards.
你瞧,汽车就不会有这问题
You see,cars don't flip over backwards,
这只是汽车比摩托优秀的一个原因
it's one of the many reasons why they're better.
我选的车是这辆。一辆日产?
And the car I've selected is this one. A Datsun?
尼桑GT-R
A Nissan GT-R.
必须承认,我赞同你的选择
No, I approve of your choice of car,actually, I have to say.
是的,因为梅和我以前测试过它
Yeah, cos May and I were playing with one of these the other day
它的弹射速度让人难以置信
and the way it sets off is simply unbelievable.
我意思是
I mean, it really is
没有哪辆车0-10英里加速性能可以超越GTR
there's no car I've ever driven that goes from 0-10 faster.
它是四驱的,还有一套神奇的弹射系统
It's got four-wheel drive and an amazing launch control system.
你只需同时踩住油门和刹车
So you put your foot hard down on the accelerator, hard on the
然后突然抬起制动踏板,电脑会帮你完成剩余动作
brake, take your foot off the brake,
computer does everything and you set off.
OK,这就是餐桌,对吧?是的
OK, and this is the table, yeah? Yes, it is.
直接说吧
So let's get this straight.
你要把这张18英尺长(5.48米)餐桌布抽出来?没错
You are going to pull this tablecloth off this, what, 18ft table? Yes.
用这辆日产?是的...不破坏任何一样东西?
Using this Datsun? Listen...Without breaking anything?
完好无损。真的?是的
Without knocking a single thing over. Really? Yes.
我大脑立刻浮现出“逃命”两个字
The words "stand" and "back" spring to mind.
抱点希望
Ye of little faith.
OK,绳子长度和宝马摩托一样
OK, I'm using the same length of rope that BMW did.
松紧度一样
Same amount of slack that they did,
系的位置一样
we're pulling from the same place that they did.
全都一样...什么?
Everything is... What?
你算过距离吗?一点点
Have you actually measured this out?A bit.
你要走18英尺把桌布抽出来
You've got to go 18ft to get the tablecloth off the table,
再加上一点点额外的距离...是的
plus the length of that bit off the end... Yes.
还有绳子的长度
plus you got to account for the amount of rope
在撞上对面那堵墙之前停住
and you've got to stop before you hit the other side of the studio.
这倒没想到。你必须想到。没有,开车的又不是我
No, I haven't. You have. I haven't,because I'm not going to drive it.
是他
He is.
女士们先生们,Stig大驾光临
Ladies and gentlemen,The Stig has come among us.
稀客啊
Very rarely in the studio.
等等。太稀罕了...
Hold on a minute. Very rarely...
等等。什么?
Hold on a minute. Yes, what?
你意思是让戴着乌漆麻黑护目镜的Stig穿越
So you are saying he is going to drive across our darkened studio,
这乌漆麻黑的演播室?
peering through his darkened visor?
没错。这是Stig之死的续集吗?
Yes. Is this how this Stig dies?
他出过自传吗?
Has he done a book?
没有。好的,他准备好了?
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表