剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
I've looked everywhere.
拉它没有断气刹的声音。没有手刹杆,没有旋钮
There isn't a puh-chh! one,there isn't hand one,
there isn't a switch.
除了机械问题外
And on top of the mechanical problems,
我们对仰光的行人也有了大致的认识
we had to deal with Rangoon's pedestrians.
别在路中间犹犹豫豫!
Stop wandering about in the road!
哇奥!一个牵着孩子的老头走过你的车尾
Whoa! A granddad's just walked by that child,
right underneath your lorry.
喔奥!又一个
Whoa! Somebody else just did it.
路人对危险熟视无睹。毫无畏惧
Pedestrians have no concept of traffic. None at all.
还有个问题
And there was another issue.
在这开车的另一个麻烦是
One of the reasons that driving here is so difficult
虽然这里都是右舵车
is because everybody, as you can see, has right-hand-drive cars,
但他们是靠右行驶的
but they drive on the right.
原因在于,曾经46年里,缅♥甸♥被一个叫
And this is because, for 46 years,Burma was run by
吴奈温的家伙掌控政♥权♥,一个疯狂独♥裁♥者
a chap called General Ne Win,who was a proper lunatic.
他治国的方式主要靠白日梦和各种迷信
He was guided mostly either by his dreams or by his astrologers.
某天他睡醒后想
One morning, he woke up and he thought,
我的国家正滑向左倾错误
My country is slipping too far to the left politically,
所以我要强制国民
so I shall correct this by forcing everybody
靠右行驶来解决这个问题
to drive on the right-hand side of the road.
这么做的结果就是害惨了公交车乘客
This makes life particularly difficult for bus passengers.
过会我们就能看见公交车停在路边
In a minute, we'll see a bus pulled up at the side of the road,
然后乘客会从马路中间走下车
at a bus stop, but all the people will be getting out
因为这些车本应该靠左行驶,所以车门是...
into the road, because the bus used to go on the left, so the doors...
简直疯了!
It's just complete madness!
你可能疑惑
You may be wondering why today
为什么这里的人们不买♥♥左舵车...
people don't buy left-hand-drive cars...
说实话,我也不知道
and if I'm honest,I'm wondering that as well.
之后又出了个大问题,詹姆士在路线选择上出了差错
Our worst problem, however,was that James was navigating.
詹姆士,我能说这么干不太合适吗
James, can I say,this can't be right.
抱歉!抱歉!
Sorry! Sorry!
他曾经开飞机也是想停哪就停哪么?
How does James ever land his aeroplane where he wants to be?
很好,应该是这条路
Right, should be this way.
很遗憾又错了。这能开进去么?
It wasn't.Will I even fit down there?
注意你的右边,哈蒙德。太窄了!
Mind that sign on your right,Hammond. This is ridiculously tight!
当我下车对摊主进行一些赔偿...
As I sorted out some compensation for the damaged fruit...
谢谢。不,不!噢,明白了,钱不够。
Thank you. No, no! Oh, I see, it was not enough.
哈蒙德第一次意识到
Hammond was discovering for the very first time
车身高度问题
the problems of being tall.'
等等,这些电线...太低了
Hold on a second, these wires...these are too low.
噢,天啊
Oh, God.
我觉得如果把这根线抬起来...这根线,是吧?
I'm thinking if I crane out...It's only this one, isn't it?
是的,抬起来,你从下面过去,我帮你顶着
Yeah, lift that, you come underneath, I'll drop it on you,
你会贴着它们过去
then it will just slide along your rails.
干吧。给你5英镑怎么样?
Do it.How about five crisp English pounds?
保持。保持
Keep coming. Keep coming.
还没触电
Haven't been electrocuted yet.
还没触电。没被电到
Haven't been electrocuted yet.Still haven't been electrocuted.
不喜欢这感觉!噢,要被电死了!
I don't like it! Oh, everyone's going to die!
彭!
BANG!
你把我车扯开一个洞!
You've ripped a hole in the top of my truck!
詹姆士...你的车...你的车在移♥动♥,詹姆士!
James... Why is your...Your lorry's moving, James!
你的绞盘在...拉住你的手刹
You've winched yourself into...Put your handbrake on.
这车没手刹。你说没手刹是啥意思?
It hasn't got a handbrake.What do you mean
就是没手刹的意思!
It hasn't got a handbrake!
整条街都被我们堵住了
We were causing chaos.
坏了
It's broken.
哇奥!那是啥?!詹姆士,我的头都炸了!
Whoa! What was that?!James, I've got a headache!
我从没这么紧张过!
I've never concentrated this hard!
抱歉。我不认为能通过这里,伙计
Sorry. I don't think it will go through there, mate.
抱歉。抱歉
Sorry. Sorry.
目前为止,好消息是我们前进了两英里(3.2公里)
Still, the good news is we've done two miles.
最终,我们冲出了重围
Mercifully, we eventually broke free from the narrow streets.
太痛苦了。左脚不停踩离合...
I'm in agony. Left foot,endless gear changing...
老天
God above.
倒档
Reverse.
三档...噢,老天!
Third... Oh, Christ!
等等
Hang on a minute.
如果我一直低速行驶并切到三档
If I engage the low range then I can put it in third gear
这样保持一整天
and basically leave it there all day.
啊哈!是不是很聪明?
A-ha! How brilliant is this?
哦耶
Oh, yeah.
不用换档了
No more gear changing.
感觉不像低档
That doesn't feel very low range to me.
难道这不是低速档?
What is it if it isn't a low-range gearbox?
噢,老天!
Oh, my God!
我的货斗翘起来了
My truck has split in half.
跟杰瑞米解释他买♥♥的是自卸卡车后
After I had explained to Jeremy that he'd bought a tipper lorry,
我又和CW McCall激♥情♥对话
(CW McCall:美国歌♥手、活动家和政♥治♥家,
以卡车主题乡村歌♥曲闻名)
I then had to deal with CW McCall on the CB radio.
嘿,詹姆士。哈罗
Hey, James. Hello.
我有那玩意。你有啥?
I've got it. You've got it?
是的,我有手刹
Yeah, my handle.
我会被称作战斗的孔雀
(Fighting Peacock:
上世纪六、七十年代缅♥甸♥留学生欧洲刊物)
I'm going to be called Fighting Peacock.
能把你简称“鸟人”么?那你叫什么?
Can I just abbreviate that to Cock? What are you going to be?
我还叫詹姆士,这是我名字
I thought I'd be James,because that's my name.
战斗的孔雀!
Fighting Peacock!
来到郊外,我们拜访了一座纪念馆
On the outskirts of Rangoon,we came across a memorial
这里安葬了二战时期阵亡的
to the 27,000 Commonwealth soldiers
27000名英联邦战士
who died here in the Second World War.
这里的气氛比在周日下午看一场
It was a timely reminder that the Bridge On The River Kwai
类似《桂河大桥》的电影更具教育意义
was rather more than a Sunday afternoon movie.
日本军官走过去,举起铁镐
The Japanese sergeant moved into position, lifted his pick handle
重重打在史密斯背上,那一击足以打倒一头牛
and delivered a blow across Smith's back
that would have laid out a bull.
暴行陆续上演
All the thugs now set to in earnest.
很快,铁镐上满是鲜血
Soon, little could be seen but the rise and fall
已经分不清轮廓
of pick helves above the heads of the group,
面对倒在地上奄奄一息的劳工
and there were sickening thuds as blows went home
on the squirming, kicking body,
暴行丝毫没有停止的迹象
periodically pulled back onto its feet only to be
knocked down again.
比尔·史密斯向日本军官哭求饶过50岁的自己
Bill Smith cried out repeatedly that he was 50 years of age,
但毫无作用...
appealing for mercy,but to no avail...
悲剧在于,那27000名战士
The tragedy is that all of those 27,000 men
为解放缅♥甸♥而牺牲
died fighting for the liberation of Burma,
而战争结束后,缅♥甸♥脱离英国独♥立♥了
and straight after the war,Britain got rid of it
后来他们被愚蠢的独♥裁♥者和各种妖魔鬼怪所统治
and then it fell into the hands of a tin-pot dictator and Mystic Meg.
当詹姆士研究地图时,我们正驶向乡间小路
With James still map-reading,we headed out into the countryside,
这让我们以为驾驶会轻松些
where we hoped the driving would be less stressful.
(和谐音)靠!
BLEEP Nora!
这是我出城后第一次抱死,完全抱死
That's my first lock-up,total lock-up.
我的二档没了
I've lost second gear.
就是这样
There it is.
杰瑞米,那辆巴士要超你,简直疯了
Jeremy, that bus overtaking you,he's mad.
看,我不能关门,我要换档
Look, I can't,I'm trying to change gear.
时光在这样的混乱中流逝
The miles and the hours rolled by.
噢!噢!
Ow! Ow!
我坐在教堂皮椅上,老天
I'm sitting on a church pew,for God's sake.
我的膝盖...啊!
My knee... Ah!
奥!奥!
Ow! Ow!
我的膝盖!奥!
My knee! Ow!
那是落日的景色
That is the going down of the sun.
太美了。瞧啊
It's fabulous. Look at that.
然而,当太阳完全消失后
However, when the sun had finished going down
情况就不太好了
things weren't so fabulous.
那个骑车女孩简直不可见
That girl on that bike,she's just invisible.
路边的助力车和自行车
There's a moped there with no lights on
统统没有车灯
and a bicycle there with no lights on,
完全看不清他们
and I can't really see them,
因为我的车灯就像萤火虫一样微弱
because my headlights are, well,they're glow-worms in jam jars.
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表