剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
路况变得更糟了
the road became worse.
呃!
Argh!
随后原因变得清晰可见
And the reason why soon became clear.
他们使用童工修路
That was an actual baby there,building the road.
这政策可不好,路面简直糟透了
It's not a good policy, because the road surface is dreadful.
童工不适合用来修路,瞧
Babies are no good at building roads, look.
伴着未铺装路面,陡峭的山路接踵而至,
这对哈蒙德是个巨大考验
Along the unsurfaced prised road there were steep hills,
Which were a problem for Hammond's heavy lumber bus.
老天,简直是折磨
God, it's torture.
我讨厌这样,太讨厌了,太讨厌了
I hate this, I hate this,I hate this.
换档...不。总是咔,咔,咔
Change gear...No. Grind, grind, grind.
到最后
And when we get to the end,
我们居然还要建一座桂河桥
we have to build a bridge over the River Kwai.
终于,我们不得不停下休整
Eventually,we had to rest our weary bones,
于是我们来到一处人迹罕至的小山村
so we pulled over in a remote settlement.
在这种山村里
You know, in a village like this,
没人知道西方世界的存在
it really is possible they don't know the West exists.
他们从未见过西方人。没错
They will never have seen faces like ours. No.
我很意外,他们见到我们居然不太惊讶
I'm amazed they're not more amazed.
我猜这是他们的文化,表现惊讶是无礼行为。对
I think it's a cultural thing,it would be rude to show it. Yeah.
就像...不礼貌
It's sort of...impolite
这是他们第一次见到白人
Definitely the first white faces they've ever seen.
后面很远处
Many miles further back,
我用松紧带解决了
I had sorted my axle issue by using a ratchet strap
前轴断裂问题
to hold it in place.
我恨这车
I hate my lorry.
这是一辆背着起重机的恶犬
What I'm driving here is a massive dog's egg with a crane on the back.
主啊,快结束这一切吧
Oh, God, let this day end.
日落时分,我赶上了队伍
As the afternoon sun drew low,I was reunited with my colleagues,
并决定在小镇露营
and we decided to make camp in a small town.
瞧那边。露天公共浴室
Look at that lot.Communal, open-air natural bathing.
哈罗
Hello.
我现在身处掸邦
I am in the middle of the Shan.
我们应该吓得要死才对
We're supposed to be frightened to death.
但感觉一点都不恐怖,对吧?太有爱了
It's not frightening though,is it? It's lovely.
当我们搭建营地时,村里人似乎也在忙些什么
As we set up camp, the locals seemed to be busy as well.
杰瑞米找出了原因
And Jeremy had found out why.
哈蒙德,梅。什么?干啥?貌似我们将被邀请参加一场派对
Hammond, May. Yes? What? It turns out we've been invited to a party.
在哪?就这村里。
Right. Where? Here, in the town.
你知道这里是战区。
You know there's been a civil war raging?
今晚所有参加过战斗的男女老少都会来这
All of the people who've been fighting are coming together tonight
欢迎我们的到来
to welcome us here to the Shan state.
你知道贝尔法斯特协议吧
(又称北爱和平协议,1998年签署)
You know the Good Friday Agreement where they got Major,
这就像格里·亚当斯和伊恩·佩斯利同处一室
(亚当斯:前爱尔兰共和军领袖,主张北爱尔兰独♥立♥;
佩斯利:反对北爱尔兰独♥立♥代表人物)
Gerry Adams and Paisley all in one room and it was amazing?
现在的情况和那一样不可思议
Well, apparently this is as amazing as that in Burma.
他们怎么看我们?不知道
Who do they think we are? I don't know.
可能类似理查德·丁布尔比,詹姆士·麦克诺迪,杰瑞.帕科斯曼那样
(BBC战地记者新闻人;英国球员;BBC著名记者主持人)
Probably Richard Dimbleby,James McNulty and Jeremy Paxman.
他们不知道Top Gear是什么,对吧?显然是的
They're not familiar with Top Gear,are they? Evidently not.
我焦虑的是,不能以这形象参加欢迎会
The only thing I'm speculating on is I don't think
没错,我连套正装都没有
we should turn up looking like this.No. I have no formal wear with me.
裸奔都比你现在这样强
Naked would be better than that.
哈蒙德不允许我们用他的淋浴
As Hammond wouldn't let us use his shower,
詹姆士和我只好借用当地澡堂
James and I had to go native.
这里设施太棒了。女人在那边,男人在这边
This is brilliant things got here。
Women go there, and men go here.
完成洗礼后
As we finished our ablutions
各种派系的部队抵达会场
the various factions started to arrive.
杰瑞米请我俩喝杯餐前鸡尾酒
And Jeremy invited us over for pre-dinner cocktails.
你们随意,我是这么想的
Listen, help yourselves to a drink,because I've had a thought.
我们回国后,军情六处或毒品管制局之类的部门
It's possible MI6 or the DEA or some intelligence agency will want
估计会请我们去“喝茶”。没跑的
to talk to us whenwe get back about here. Right.
所以,保持英伦的礼仪举止,我们代表着BBC
So, manners - polite, British,representatives of the BBC,
不要失仪
but pay attention.
不要表现出我们是来刺探情报的,自然一点...
But don't make it obvious that you're finding things out, just be...
最后告诫哈蒙德...
With a final word of warning to Hammond...
别喝醉了
Don't get drunk.
我只喝一杯。我们前往会场
I'll just have one before I go.we headed off to the party.
英国人,供职英国广播公♥司♥
From Britain, BBC television.
菜肴十分特殊...
Where we were offered some local delicacies...
这是虫子?
It's a caterpillar?
很好,很好,大肉虫。
That's right, that's right,caterpillar. Caterpillar.
再见,虫子兄
Goodbye, caterpillar.
显然哈蒙德对虫子“过敏”
As caterpillars weren't to Hammond's taste,
于是他去找其他乐子
he went off to find something that was.
哈罗,哈罗。哈罗。来一杯。好的,没问题
Hello, hello. Hello, yes.I can do that. Yes, I could do that.
很好。就这里了,我喜欢
This is all right.I'm coming in, I like this.
美味一盘接一盘...
As the food kept coming...
这是炸蝉,炸蟋蟀
This is a cicada, a cricket.
我发现当地的特殊农业
I was discovering that the region's special agriculture
也没那么特殊
didn't seem to be that special.
你们种瓜子,大豆,就这些了。是的,就这些
So it's sunflower seeds, soya bean,nothing else. Nothing, nothing.
同时,我对詹姆士有了更深刻的认识...
Still, I was learning more than James...
还有哈蒙德
or Hammond.
谁有威士忌?你有威士忌吗?
Who's got any Whiskey? Have you got any Scotch?
宴至午夜,我把整个地区的农作物问了个底朝天
By midnight, I'd been through every single crop in the area.
芝麻种子。芝麻种子,是的。和玉米
Sesame seeds. Sesame seeds,yeah, yeah. Maize.
之后我学哈蒙德的样子...
So, I took a leaf out of Hammond's book...
干杯,干杯,干杯
Cheers, cheers, cheers.
跟着梅以及大半摄制组的同事,加入了狂欢的队伍
and, along with May and half the film crew, joined the party.
# 我穿上新衣去扮酷 #
(歌♥曲:Bobby Brown Goes Down,歌♥手:Frank Zappa)
# I'm dressing sharp and I'm acting cool#
# 邂逅一位啦啦队长... #
# Got a cheerleader here... #
好吧,有一件事能肯定
Well, one thing is for sure.
缅♥甸♥这片区域没有毒品。是的,没有
There are absolutely no drugs in this part of Burma. No, none.
我和每个人交谈过...
I talked to everybody and...
跟各种职业的人都攀谈过
I talked to people involved in the sales and distribution
农民,士兵,库兹上校
of stationery, I talked to farmers, Army people, Colonel Kurtz.
我也和库兹上校聊了会,他种菜
I spoke to Colonel Kurtz,he was in vegetables.
所以如果军情六处询问我们,
我们就说“你们找错地方了”
SO if MI6 talks us with back,we can say,
"You're looking in the wrong place."
看那边...哈蒙德好像不太好
Have you seen...Our colleague is not well.
今天早上估计要花点时间等这哥们
We've got a lot of time to kill this morning before that is capable
恢复状态了
of driving a lorry.
等了很久,我们终于出发了
Many, many hours later,we were back on the road.
我猜昨晚打了上校一拳
I think I punched a colonel.
或者吻了他
Or kissed him.
哈蒙德?什么?你喜欢的威士忌叫啥名?
Hammond? Yeah? What was your whiskey called again?
亨特威士忌(苏格兰柔和威士忌)
Hankey Bannister.
“亨特威士忌。缅♥甸♥北部第三棒威士忌”
"Hankey Bannister. Third-best Whiskey in northern Burma."
很快,我们在《现代启示录》里对这里建立的印象
(1979年越战题材电影)
Soon, though, the memories of our summit at the end of Apocalypse Now
被这片天堂般的美景扫荡一空
were eclipsed by the sheer beauty of this untouched paradise.
我这辈子没拍过几张风景照片
I've never taken more landscape photographs in my entire life.
这景色简直...
It's just...
各位必须来这里看看。一定要看看这里的景色
You've got to come here.You have got to come and see this.
詹姆士也沉醉于这片美景
James would have enjoyed the view, too,
可惜他的车又坏了
but predictably he'd had yet another breakdown.
见鬼。问题是 - 好吧,我也不清楚问题是什么,
刚才爬坡时逐渐失去动力
Cock. The problem is - well,I don't know what the problem is,
i start losing power on hill
一开始三档不起作用,像是二档工作,
现在只剩一个缸运转
that wouldn't even drived in third then felt like start running on two,
then it was definitely only running on one cylinder,
发动机听起来就像昨晚派对的发电机
because it sounded like the sort of generator people put on in the night.
啊,(和谐音)
Ah, BLEEP.
BBC你可以毙掉刚才的话
Non-BBC Two word.
解决了坏掉的喷油嘴后
Once I'd fixed the problem,which was wonky fuel injectors,
我又上路了
I was on the move again.
老天,这车就是个悲剧
God, this lorry is appalling.
没过多久我就追上了那两家伙
And it didn't take long to catch the others,
山路如此陡峭,哈蒙德开在最前面
because the road was steep,and Hammond was in front.
一档龟行。真不爽
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表