剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
他们会的 谁想提出来?
They will. - Who's gonna bring it up?
委员会像凶神恶煞
The committee'd look like monsters.
不必劳驾他们会有人泄密
They don't have to. Someone leaks it...
大鱼吃小鱼 说她应付得了
...it's a feeding frenzy. - Says she can handle it.
那好啊 我们需要她
Oh, okay. - Well, we need her.
少了她我们得不到雪顿
Without her, we may not get Shelton.
我们不会找个人 只为了帮另一个人避风头
We don't hand someone to the crowd so they can take the heat off some guy.
这女人…你应该听她说 什么?
The woman is... You should hear her. - What?
所以她是候选人? 她应该是
So she is a candidate? - She should be.
她会上邮报头条
She's gonna be on posters that say:
〝通缉:谋杀美国儿童的凶手〞
"Wanted for the Murder of American Children."
让我们想想看 放弃吧
Let's think about this. - Let it go.
不被提名人的生死 操纵在罗伊与瓦德案上
No, really. Nominees live or die by Roe v. Wade.
自从什么时候开始 我们跟着这个荒谬的观点
We're playing along with the ridiculous notion...
认为法♥院♥只关心单一议题…
...that the court is a single-issue body in a way it hasn't been since, I don't know...
奴役 正是
Slavery. - Exactly.
她堕过胎又怎样 你认为我喜欢吗?
So she had an abortion. - You think I like this?
有人会向媒体放消息
Someone's gonna take it to the press and this woman...
这个女人会被放大镜检视 让她离开这里
...is gonna be a checkout spectacle. Get her out.
布瑞德雪顿对我们比较有利 我喜欢他
Brad Shelton could work for us. I like him.
去跟他谈 他应该开始接到电♥话♥了
So talk to him. He's gonna start getting calls.
还有谁? 维内斯基
Who else? - Wisnewski.
(星期三)
The majority leader's really pushing him. And Barkham, though he has a question.
多数党领袖强力支持他 还有巴克翰虽然他有个问题
税务方面我们会查
A tax thing. We're looking into it.
你还支持兰恩吗?
Still having a love affair with Lang?
不罗伯布伦特 怎么了?
No. Robert Brandt. - How come?
她过不了审核
She won't make it through vetting.
为什么? 她堕过胎
Why not? - She had an abortion.
罗伯布伦特 史坦杨奇帮他工作说他把牌放在…
Robert Brandt. Stan Yancy worked with him, says he's kept his cards...
她什么时候堕的胎? 法学院
When? - Law school.
之前还是之后? 73年后当时合法
Before or af...? - After '73. It was legal.
我们有因合法行为放弃过任何人吗?
We discarding anybody else for legal activities?
还没 扁桃腺切除?
Not yet. - Tonsillectomy?
我们不赞成飙网 她会体无完肤的
We down on surfing? - She'd be eviscerated.
两千七百万妇女投我一票
Twenty-seven million women voted for me.
她们可能认为我会保障她们的权利
They might have had in mind that I was going to protect this right.
〝我喜欢发型好的佛州男人 可是我想保留选择权利
"I like that guy with the good hair, but I wanna retain my right to choose.
所以我把票投给娶了 艾比巴特勒的人〞
So I'm voting for whatshisname, married to Abbey Bartlet."
他们会把它弄成客观性
They're gonna make this about objectivity.
我们答应委员会在周五提出名单 我要她在上面
We promised the committee a list by Friday. I want her on it.
好的
Okay.
谢谢长官 谢谢总统先生
Thank you, sir. - Thank you, Mr. President.
真让我生气 很显然
That pisses me off. - Apparently.
我们一整周在这里带着她走
We marched her around here all week.
至少能让她上候选名单
A place on the short list is the least we could do.
我们还要布瑞德雪顿?
We're still going with Brad Shelton?
递补最高法官的空缺 真让人头痛
Filling a seat on the Supremes. Heady stuff.
不要这样叫他们 我叔叔说的
Don't call them that. - My uncle does.
少数领袖也是 亨利克拉克也是你认识他吗?
So does the minority leader. So does Henry Clark. You know him?
你再说出一个名字 我就把你的嘴巴缝起来
You drop one more name, I'm gonna staple your mouth shut.
在阿金库尔付出代价 我已经冒犯王太子了
Be hell to pay at Agincourt. I've offended the dauphin.
丽莎沃菲打来两次
Lisa Wolfe called twice.
参议员韦伯斯特打来问到兰恩 〝你在想什么?〞
Senator Webster called regarding Lang, "What could you be thinking?"
参议员米班克关于兰恩的评论 〝不不不〞
Senator Millbank, regarding Lang, "No, no, no, no, no."
麦考尔〝一点机会也没有…〞 这是关于公路法案的意见
McNull, "Not a snowball's chance in..." Oh, that's about the highways bill.
我需要喝点东西 太阳还没出来呢
I need a drink. - Sun's not over the yardarm.
茜洁是对的 通常如此要来点〝黑眼苏珊〞吗?
C.J.'s right. - Usually. Want a Black-eyed Susan?
它是饮料吗? 饼干我妈寄来的
Is it a drink? - Cookie. My mom sent them.
不好
No. Yes.
花生酱加巧克力
Peanut butter with a chocolate kiss.
他们喜欢猫吗? 不
They're cat people? - No, they're not.
这些是他们的吗? 莎达和梅莎
These theirs? - Shadrach and Meshach.
两只猫他们肯定爱猫
Two cats. Cat people.
他们原本只有一只 可是它在圣诞节死了
For years, they only had one, but he died over Christmas.
饼干好干 经过适当的哀悼期后
This is a dry cookie. - After an appropriate mourning period...
他们又养了一只 我妈喜欢阿比西尼亚我爸喜欢灰的
...they got a new one. My mother liked the Abyssinian, my father the gray...
结婚39年之后他们无法再妥协 所以两人各养了一只
...and after 39 years of marriage they've outgrown compromise, so they got both.
这并不是说他们就爱猫 家里没有猫味
That doesn't make them cat people. The house doesn't smell.
我有沾到饼干屑吗?
Do I have crumbs?
他们选一个
They pick one. They pick one.
这就是我们选兰恩的理由 不是作为诱饵而是送进法♥院♥
That's how we get Evie Lang. And not as a decoy, we put her on the court.
嗨 首席大♥法♥官不愿下台
Hi. - The chief justice wouldn't step down...
因为我们无法推出另一个自♥由♥派
...because we couldn't fill his seat with another liberal lion.
她就是自♥由♥派 亚叙兰退休她接他的位子
She's the liberal lion. Ashland resigns, she takes his seat, okay...
我们让共和党有机会
...and we offer the Republicans...
选一个保守派接替布莱迪
...the opportunity to handpick a conservative for Brady's seat.
让两边势均力敌
We put them both up.
我在点餐要点吗? 听我说
I'm ordering mu shu, want some? - Listen to me.
不要 我是说真的
No. - I'm serious.
我们交给共和党 一个高等法官席位
We have what, if we hand the Republicans...
上面还打蝴蝶结?
...a Supreme Court seat with a bow on top?
我们会有平衡的法♥院♥
We have a balanced court.
他们不能放弃布莱迪的席位 所以让他们保留
They can't let Brady's seat go, so let them keep it.
我们任命有史以来 第一位女性首席大♥法♥官
We name the first female chief justice of the Supreme Court in history.
我要上报总统 你不会
I'm taking it to the president. - No, you're not.
不要过去 绊倒他
Do not go in there. - Trip him.
亚叙兰82岁了 我们可能有机会
Ashland is 82. We may have an opportunity...
让两个人都坐上法官席
...to put two people on this bench.
两个席位都给了民♥主♥党 温和派
That's two seats filled with Democrats. - Moderates.
谁在乎他们多温和 二是一的两倍
Who cares how moderate they are? Two is twice as many as one.
我能进去吗? 要等一下
Can I get in? - We don't need him.
我们不需要他 不要温和派都是平庸分子
Not moderate, mediocre.
雪顿不够聪明? 我要的更多
Shelton's not bright? - I want more.
如果54年的法官都是温和派 〝分离但平等〞就仍然存在
If we had a bench of moderates in '54, "separate but equal" would still exist.
我们就还会有两台饮水机
We'd have two drinking fountains.
两位… 温和代表适度、责任、深思
Moderate means temperate, it means responsible, thoughtful.
它代表谨慎、缺乏想像力
It means cautious, it means unimaginative.
它代表更关心做决定 而非创造历史-请小声一点
It means being more concerned about making decisions than making history.-Indoor voice please.
我们选出一个有特性的
Is that a tragedy, that we nominated somebody who made an impression...
而不是讨喜的人是悲剧吗?
...instead of some crowd pleaser?
能够看到两面的能力 不是劣等智慧的象征
The ability to see two sides is not the hallmark of an inferior intellect.
那么温和派不提的广大领域呢? 像兰恩一样的头脑?
What about the vast arenas a moderate won't even address? A mind like Lang's?
让他们选个像布莱迪一样的保守派
Let them pick a conservative with a mind like Brady.
你可以讨厌他的职位 但是他有远见
You can hate his positions, but he was a visionary.
他把整个事情掀开 他改变了整个论点…
He blew the whole thing open. He changed the whole argument...
总统现在可以见你了
The president will see you now.
你呢?
And you?
他们会选一个年轻保守的理论家
They're gonna pick a young, spry conservative ideologue...
可以占住那个席位很多年
...who's gonna camp in that seat for years.
没问题 两个声音在两方辩论
Fine. Two voices articulating the debate at either end of the spectrum.
任命一个大♥法♥官 可能是我任内唯一可留传下去的
Filling another seat on the court may be the only lasting thing I do in this office.
雪顿是个好选择 他会让我们很光荣
Shelton's a great choice, he'll make us proud.
如果亚叙兰在一年内辞职 我们就有很多优秀人选
If Ashland resigns in a year, we got a stack of great options.
我们不能弃守
We can't give it away.
总统先生
Mr. President...
史上第一位女性首席啊
...the first woman in that chair.
我们若冒险而疏离参议院
We go out on some limb here and alienate the Senate...
他们会三年一事无成 我们谁也得不到
...they'll tread water for three years and we get nobody.
下一个人将递补布莱迪的席位
The next guy gets to fill Brady's seat.
去跟亚叙兰谈看他怎么说
Take it to Ashland. See what he says.
你怎么想到的?
How'd you come up with it?
什么? 交换这档事
What? - The swap-a-dee-doo.
是…
There was...
唐娜妈妈的…
Donna's mom...
我在洗澡时想到的
I thought it up in the shower.
谁让他们进来的? 抱歉打扰您
Who let them in? - Sorry to disturb you, sir.
信鸽
Carrier pigeons.
你的花我们很喜欢
Oh, your flowers. Yeah, we like them.
我深感抱歉
I'm dreadfully sorry about that.
看在老天的份上 让我们坐在地上
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表