剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
所要提交给总统的建议 对我们而言并非政♥治♥自杀
...on what military bases to close are not politically suicidal for us.
关闭任何一个基地 就等于是政♥治♥自杀
Closing any of them is politically suicidal.
对所以我们才让 基地关闭委员会做决定
Right. That's why we let the Base Closing Commission decide.
我们不让他们决定 -总统要你参与经委会
We won't let them. - President wants you in the NEC meeting.
什么时候? -就是现在
When? - Now-ish.
我们是在关说基地关闭委员会
We're lobbying the Base Closing Commission.
你跟其他的人一样 也在关说他们
You're lobbying them, just like everybody else does.
嘿我有十五个产联劳联的代表 想用力对我吼
Hey. I've got 15 AFL-CIO union reps who wanna yell at me...
骂我把他们的工作送给中国 -所以呢?
...about us sending their jobs to China. - So?
所以我需要罗斯福厅
So I need the Roosevelt Room.
乔西跟基地关闭委员会成天在那里
Josh is in with the Base Closing Commission.
一整天? -那就把他们挪开
All day? - So move them.
我们讨论的对像 是两位前四星上将
We're talking two former four-star generals...
一位前海军上将 几个国防部的前助理部长
...one former admiral, and a couple of former assistant secretaries of DOD.
他们已经习惯某种特定的模式 而且我们是在关说他们
They're accustomed to a certain style, and we're lobbying them.
所以让他们用罗斯福厅
So they get the Roosevelt Room...
按♥摩♥床、体育频道完全听他们的
...massage tables, ESPN, whatever they want.
这些联盟明天就要在外面 抗♥议♥我们了
These unions are gonna be outside tomorrow, protesting against us...
我们只要好好款待他们也许 -叫犸格丽特去弄壁划厅
...but if we treat them right, maybe... - Ask Margaret about the Mural Room.
副总统在用 -做什么用?
The vice president has it. - For what?
他是副总统 我不须干涉他怎么使用会议厅
He's the vice president. I don't have to justify his using a room.
那当然他在做什么用?
Of course not. For what?
跟一堆环保团体开会
Meeting with a bunch of environmental groups.
环保团体? 这倒是他的首次出击
Environmental groups? That's a first for him.
他真是手脚够快 -何尼斯也是
He's off and running. - Hoynes is too.
我们还不知道 -不还不知道还没
We don't know that. - No. Not exactly. Not yet.
发表在《时代杂♥志♥》无所不谈的专访 是第一个狠招
A tell-all, come-clean interview in The Times Magazine is a good first step.
副总统的竞选活动 与我们无关
The vice president's campaign for president is not our concern.
很明显何尼斯是想窜改历史
Hoynes is obviously trying to rewrite history...
让自己看起来比总统更高尚
...to make himself morally superior to the president.
这是一个奸夫一个 -在性事上说谎
This from an adulterer who... - Lied about sex.
这方面大家都在说谎 他的支持者就会这样说
Everyone lies about it, that's how his people will spin it.
他没有支持者 -这可难说
He doesn't have people. - We don't know that.
我只是在说 副总统的办公室
I'm just saying, vice president's office...
如果有任何有关 如何回应何尼斯的
...I would like to be included in any strategic discussions...
战略讨论会我也要参加 这场战役将是
...about how to respond to Hoynes, and it is a campaign...
让他成为一群执政骗子里头 最老实的家伙
...to make himself out to be the only honest guy in an administration of liars.
对我们一定会通知你的
Yeah, we'll be sure to call you.
这杯是犸奇朵无咖♥啡♥因♥的
That's one macchiato. Decaf.
这是跟中国最新的贸易赤字数据
Here are the latest trade-deficit numbers with China.
不需要这些 -要我们留下吗?
Don't need them. - Want us to stay?
不这次的会议是关于政♥治♥手段 事实是没有用的
No, this meeting's about politics. Facts won't help.
好的这是大杯拿铁 -谢谢你
Okay, this is the grande latte. - Thank you.
这杯是特浓无咖♥啡♥因♥、无脂的
And the double decaf cap nonfat.
嗯结果我们似乎只好忍♥受这种
Well, it turns out we're gonna have to make do with...
折叠椅了 -没关系的托比
...folding chairs. - That's okay, Toby.
蕊娜都解释过了 -她有吗?
Rena explained the whole thing. - She did?
我们有告诉她 我们坐在哪里并不重要
We told her it's not important where we sit.
是你说得对是不重要 -重要的是你们要听我们的话做
No, you're right. It's not. - It's important you do what we want.
或者最起码要尊重我们
Or at least treat us with respect.
到目前为止我表现如何? -你已经两好球了
How am I doing so far? - You got two strikes on you.
因为针对国内每一个军事基地 从事成本收益分♥析♥
Because reviewing a cost-benefit analysis for every military base in the country...
就跟“电台司令”一样令人心烦 -需要这个吗?
...is as mind-numbing as Radiohead... - Need this?
对那下面那个也要
Yeah, and the one under it.
决定我们不需要 哪一个军事基地
Deciding which military bases we don't need...
是让人最不想涉入的政♥治♥灾难
...is the most politically disastrous thing to get involved in.
正当我们必须训练军队打击 恐♥怖♥份♥子♥时干嘛关闭基地?
But why close bases when we've gotta train troops to fight terrorists?
就这些了? -对
Is that everything? - Yeah.
因为恐♥怖♥份♥子♥不像前苏俄那样 有在雪地战斗的训练
Because terrorists aren't well-trained for deep-snow combat like Soviets...
也许我们就不需要 在纽约北方的基地了
...maybe we don't need that base in upstate New York.
也许我们应该拓展 沙漠战斗的训练基地因为
Maybe we should be expanding our desert-combat training bases because...
短期内沙漠战斗还不会退流行
...you know, desert warfare's not going out of style anytime soon.
所以这是效率的问题 -你的反应很快
So it's an efficiency thing. - You're quick.
效率怎会成为不好的政♥治♥议题?
Since when is efficiency bad politics?
失去基地的地方 就失去工作机会
Anyplace that loses a base loses jobs.
你该看看我的家乡 在军队撤走后的景况
You should've seen my town when the Army left.
乔西有空吗?
Josh. Got a minute?
只要能把我渡出那间会议室都行 你们先进去组织一下
Anything to keep me out of that room. You guys go ahead in and get organized.
何尼斯到底想怎样?
What's Hoynes up to?
不知道 -得了乔西
Don't know. - Come on, Josh.
你有帮他选参议员 你是最了解他的
You worked for him in the Senate. You know.
看来何尼斯至少有一面 是我不知道的
It seems there's at least one side of Hoynes I didn't know.
你觉得他真的以为 他可以熬过这件丑闻?
You think he believes he'll get past the scandal?
也许他想来个轰动武林的专访 然后就继续过他的日子
Maybe he wanted one big interview then move on.
开始把客人带到律师事务所里 抱歉我得进去了
Start bringing clients into the law firm. Excuse me, I gotta get in there.
基地关闭委员会? -对
Base Closing Commission? - Yeah.
副总统在提醒你 不可以关闭那些拥有
The vice president urges you not to close bases in states...
一张以上选举人票的基地 -没问题
...with more than one electoral vote. - No problem.
大家早 -早乔西
Morning, everyone. - Morning, Josh.
别让他坐在那里
Get him out of that chair.
总统要我检阅 你们的初步提议案
The president would like me to go over your preliminary recommendations...
他才可理解你们的想法
...so he could get an idea of what you have in mind.
随时可开始 -开始吧
Ready whenever you are. - Shoot.
清单上的第一个地方 是纽约州北方的鼓堡
First on the list is Fort Drum, in upstate New York.
这基地的基本任务 是雪地战斗训练
Its primary mission is deep-snow combat training.
委员会的一致决议是 雪地不再是优先的训练场所
The commission's consensus is that deep snow is no longer a training priority.
下一个
Next.
我们想要表达的是我们的国家 是中国最大的客户
What we're saying is this country is China's biggest customer...
所以我们应该可以掌控这个交易 -比如说对中国币值的评估
...so we should dictate the deal. - Like the valuation of the yuan.
里奥要找你 -当美元变弱的时候
Leo needs you. ... when the dollar is weak.
我知道 -如果他们的币值上扬
I know. - If their currency floats...
跟他说我没空 -我们就有出口优势
Tell him I can't. ... we can get export advantage.
不过我们让他们把一些 便宜的东西跟劳力注入我们的国家
But we let them flood this country with cheap stuff and labor.
还有奴工的问题 -对
And slave labor. - Right.
他们不买♥♥我们的东西 -747客机不能不算
They buy nothing from us. - I wouldn't call 747s nothing.
我叫犸格丽特跟里奥说你分不开身 她转述他的话说“不你可以的”
I told Margaret to tell Leo you're stuck, and she said he said, "No, you're not. "
给他们免息贷款 -抱歉
...gives them interest-free loans. - Sorry.
拜托总统有事找我帮忙 而且
Please, the president needs me for something, and...
托比我们可不是菜鸟
Toby. We're not new in town.
你以为我们会信你这种 “总统有事找我们”的老套?
You expect us to fall for the old "president needs us" thing?
不
No.
里奥马加瑞命令我到他办公室去 虽然我很想抢救大家的工作
Leo McGarry ordered me into his office. As much as I wanna save your jobs...
不过我得先抢救我自己的工作 才有办法为各位效力
...I have to try and save mine first if I'm gonna be any use to you.
所以我马上回来
So I'll be back, you know...
会尽快
...soon.
当时有明确讨论 如何让何尼斯留任原职?
Was there any discussion of exactly how Hoynes could hang in there?
没有我们只是说 我们不认为他得为外遇辞职下台
No, we just said we didn't think he had to resign over an affair...
在现今这种时代 他可能可以安渡这一关
...that in this day and age, he could get through that.
而且你会协助他渡过? -我猜会吧
And you'd help him? - I guess.
你猜想是不够的里奥 你有说过你会帮忙吗?
Guessing's not good enough, Leo. Did you say you'd help?
对 -总统也有说吗?
Yeah. - Did the president say that?
类似的话 我记不起他是怎么说的
Something like that. I can't remember exactly what he said.
你有记录当时的会议吗? -那不是正式的会议
Did you take any notes in the meeting? - It wasn't a real meeting...
只像聊聊天说的话
It was kind of on the fly.
有讨论如何处理丑闻的策略吗?
Did you discuss strategies on how to manage the scandal?
没那么深入早在我们开口前 何尼斯就已打定主意了
It never got that far. Hoynes had his mind made up before we said a word.
我要你现在就请市长进来
I need you to get the mayor here, now.
哪个市长? -特区市长我们只找得到这个市长
Which mayor? - D.C. The only mayor we can get.
我得跟总统开会讨论此事
I need to meet with the president.
我可以抽掉几个 他今天下午的行程
I can pull a couple of things off his schedule this afternoon.
参众两院为了除雪刚刚通过
The House and Senate just passed the emergency...
特区紧急拨款法案
...D.C. supplemental appropriation for snow removal.
这是我们初次邀市长 来参与法案的签署吗?
That's the first bill signing we're inviting the mayor to?
他们附加了学校教育券法案
They attached a school voucher program to it.
我们我是说
We, I mean...
你们在我们否决之前 必须有人说服市长
...you... Someone has to talk to the mayor before we veto it.
想发表共同声明?
Wanna put out a joint statement...?
等何尼斯的文章问世之后
When everyone has the Hoynes article...
大家会针对何尼斯的说法来追问我 我得明确的了解
...I'm gonna get bombarded about what Hoynes says, and I've gotta be sure...
你们三位说过的话 以及没说过的话
...about what you three said and didn't say.
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表