剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
我们要赶紧寻找 一些更实际的词汇
Okay. Let's get on coming up with a language plan...
去回答人们对经济的质询
...for talking more realistically about the economy.
今早和经济顾问的会议
That session this morning with the advisers.
每个人都希望你采纳他 那起死回生的建议
Everybody's got a magic lever they want you to push.
我学了一辈子的经济 我知道最好的办法
I've studied economics all my life, but in this job, only a fool is ever certain.
不是采纳其中一个建议 而是所有的建议都用一点
You don't push any one lever. You wanna push a little on them all.
适量的集百家之长短 -正是
From every theory in moderation. -Exactly.
谢谢 -谢谢总统阁下
Thank you. -Thank you, Mr. President.
C.J.
C.J.
那些谈判是更实在的东西
These negotiations are the real thing.
我不能接受他的庇护请求 我知道你不同意但这是我的决定
I can't allow this defection. I know you disagree, but that's my decision.
谢谢总统阁下
Thank you, Mr. President.
我不是不同意 我只是感到很失望
It's not that I disagree, sir. I'm disappointed.
我从办公室叫人去通知他
We'll get someone from State to tell the kid.
不我亲自来
No. I'll do it.
长官 -我下的命令我告诉他
Sir-- -It's my call. I tell him.
她没事吧?
Is she okay?
我不知道
I don't know.
嘿 -你好
Hey. -Hello.
一小时前被菲利搞得很狼狈
Got my ass kicked a little bit ago by Thiele.
罗素的投票? -是的
The Russell vote? -Yeah.
还在那小子面前
It was in front of Richie Rich.
叫皮雅斯那小子?
The Pierce kid?
菲利会成为新闻人物
Thiele's gonna be everywhere.
这也无伤大雅
The republic will stand.
我要评估影响或者我可以 让事情看起来像是菲利觊觎那位置
I'm gonna do damage control. I'm gonna leak it that Thiele wanted it.
副总统? -是的显得他野心勃勃
The vice presidency? -Yeah. Make it just look like pique.
一个来自小地方的议员 觊觎副总统的位置?
A congressman from the smallest state expecting to be named VP.
他很快就要扮演一个疯汉的角色 -天
He's really gonna seem like a crackpot. -God.
你可千万不要生我的气
Don't ever get mad at me.
我以前有生气 -不争吵的时候我们相处蛮好的
I've gotten mad at you. -Why it's better when we don't talk.
今晚陪我吧 音乐会上我们也没机会争吵
Come by tonight. We can not talk some more.
内心充斥自豪感和荣耀 -"充溢"好点
"It's with abundant pleasure and pride--" -Surpassing.
更隆重
More altitude.
工作人员一个半小时前 就在催要介绍文
The prompter guys needed the disk a half an hour ago.
走开
Go away.
"内心充溢自豪感和荣耀"
"It's with surpassing pleasure and pride... .
罗拨罗素
Robert Russell... .
"以压倒性的姿态 当选这个众人瞩目的位置"
Confirmed by overwhelming vote, as befits this distinguished choice. "
"众人瞩目" -又不够隆重?
"Distinguished. " -Wanna use "surpassing" again?
举足轻重任重道远
Eminent, illustrious.
我知道他不具备这样的能力 -这是我的问题
He's none of those things. -This is my problem.
他也不是一个值得赞美 和你愿意与之共事的人物
Nor is he laudable or someone you'd walk across the room to shake hands with.
但总统要我们隆重地撰文介绍
And the president wants altitude.
"当选这个任事艰难的位置..."
"As befits this vertiginous choice... . "
众人瞩目是形容我们的 他还不配这么隆重
"Distinguished" is as high as we go. You'd have to be high to go loftier.
应该这样写:
Here's what it should be:
作为对党派政争媾和的妥协 和对平庸之人的理解包容
In a triumph of the middling, a nod to mediocrity, and with gorge rising...
我们迫于无奈地提名罗拨 罗素
...it gives me great nausea to announce Robert Russell...
以一种赌博的姿态 作为我们新任的副总统
...Bingo Bob himself, as your new vice president.
这个采矿财团支持的傀儡 像大家已知的一样懦弱无能
This lapdog of mining interests is as dull as he is unremarkable.
而且沉闷缺乏激♥情♥ -好
As lackluster as he is soporific. -Good.
这个倒行逆施的做法 -这个严重打击优秀人才的做法
This reversion to the mean... -This rebuke to the exemplary... .
让更多渴望出名的 跳梁小丑看到了希望
...gives hope to millions unfavored by the exceptional.
副总统的位置曾被形容为
The vice presidency, being famously described...
比鸡肋还鸡肋
...as not being worth a warm bucket of spit...
让我们施舍一块鸡肋 给罗拨 罗素吧
...let's now hock a big loogie for Bob Russell.
不是最坏的但绝称不上最好
Not the worst, not the best...
这就是我们无奈的选择
...just what we're stuck with.
阿门
Amen.
说到哪里了? -我们要认真一点
Where were we? -Let me get back to it.
这个众人瞩目的位置 -不容置疑的选择
"This distinguished choice. " -"Redoubtable choice. "
没人知道那到底什么意思
Nobody knows what it means.
赖恩 皮雅斯 请问菲利议员在吗
Ryan Pierce. Is Congressman Thiele in, please?
我喜欢肖邦
I love this Chopin.
我很喜欢听但没法弹奏出来
Fooled with it myself, but could never get the fingering down.
白宫摄影师很快会进来拍些照片
The White House photographer's gonna get some shots of them.
抱歉里奥
Excuse me, Leo.
我们挡住了? 打扰你几分钟好吗
We in the way? You mind a minute? Please.
今天过得怎样?
So how's your day been?
很抱歉 我不能同意庇护你
I'm sorry to say I cannot let you defect.
你明白吗
Do you understand me?
你要继续弹不要停
You have to keep playing.
有个重要的核武谈判正在进行
There's an important nuclear agreement being worked out.
你能听懂我的英语吗
Do you understand my English?
我想留下...
I try to stay...
你可以逮捕我? -不能
...you arrest me? -No.
你要把我送回去
You give me back to them.
不是的
No.
自♥由♥是一个抉择
Freedom means choice.
你必须考虑怎样的决定 才是最负责任的做法
You must decide which is the most responsible course.
你知道韩文里一个词"han"?
You know Korean word, han?
不
No.
或者我退休以后可以再练练钢琴
I could practice the fingering for the rest of my life...
当然我永远不可能弹得这样好
...I'd never be able to play it like that.
像这样...
It is this... .
总统先生我想我们应该取消音乐会
Mr. President, I think we have to cancel the concert.
不可以 -你不知道他是否明白你
No. -You don't know if he understood you.
他的英语比说的好
His English is better than he lets on.
即使他明白也不一定懂你的意思
You don't know if he understood your English, much less your meaning.
我知道你在劝说他 但对不懂英语的他而言是没用的
You're persuasive, but it helps talking to someone who speaks the language.
我们不会取消音乐会
We're not canceling the concert.
先生你根本不肯定 他是否明白你的意思?
Sir, you're not positive if he got it or not?
是的 -你要以生病为借口
No. -You need to come down with some flu.
里奥 -否则...
Leo-- -Otherwise...
我们把一次意义重大的谈判 赌在运气之上
...we're putting the fate of what is the most significant agreement...
还有我们余下的任期
...of this presidency in the hands of a 23-year-old...
就因为一个不懂英文的毛头小子
...who may have only understood every fifth word.
取消音乐会会影响很大
We cancel the concert, it's a red flag.
我告诉他自♥由♥就是一个抉择
I told him freedom means choice.
我愿意相信他的决定
My choice is to trust in his decision.
以防万一把所有东西准备好
Get things ready in case it goes the other way.
谢谢总统阁下
Thank you, Mr. President.
这是赌博 -谈判本来就是赌博
It's a crapshoot. -The negotiations are a crapshoot.
我们那该死的任期也是赌博
Whole damn job's a crapshoot.
杜斯 -赞成
Tewes. -Aye.
费勒
Thayer.
赞成
Aye.
费比特士 赞成
Thibodeaux. -Aye.
菲利
Thiele.
赞成
Aye.
华伦斯
Valence.
赞成
Aye.
荷顿
Horton.
乔西邮报的多莉回你电♥话♥了
Josh, Dory Macklin from The Post returning your call.
告诉她没事了
Yeah. Tell her never mind.
菲利的事做得好 -是的
Nice work on Thiele. -Yeah.
你怎样使他改变主意的? -我也不知道
How'd you get him to turn? -I don't know, exactly.
玛格勒等会给我接国♥务♥院♥
Margaret, I'm gonna need State again.
我们有了一位副总统 -只是时间问题
We have a vice president. -About time.
今晚可以睡安稳觉
I may actually sleep tonight.
也许还不能 -还有麻烦
Probably not. -Probably not.
玫瑰园见 -好的
See you in the Rose Garden. -Okay.
下午好欢迎各位
Good afternoon. I wanna welcome you all.
我内心充溢自豪和荣耀地宣布
It's with surpassing pleasure and pride that I announce that Congress...
众院刚才全票通过 罗拨 罗素的确认投票
...just a short time ago, voted to confirm Robert Russell...
而他将会成为我国新任副总统
...as the new vice president of these United States.
这是不容置疑的选择 当选这个众人瞩目的位置
Confirmed by unanimous vote, as befits this redoubtable choice.
作为妥协...
In a triumph of... .
作为妥协和必须承认的一点
In a triumph of the meritorious...
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表