剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
好吧
Okay.
民调下降了
Our poll numbers are down.
什么民调? -国内民♥意♥
What poll? -An internal.
他的满意程度下降了11个点
His approval rating, down 11 points.
是从绑♥架♥的高峰开始回落?
Was it high from the kidnapping?
是的 -我们都知道迟早会下降的
Yeah. -We knew it wasn't gonna stay up there.
是的
Yeah.
菲利情况怎样 -在路上
Where are we on Thiele? -He's coming over.
如果他投反对票 会马上成为媒体焦点
He votes against, it'll be all Thiele, all the time.
究竟怎么回事? -马上找到菲利
Is something going on? -Get us Thiele.
乔西
Josh.
我的芭芭拉阿姨和泰德叔叔 -很高兴见到两位
My Aunt Barbara and Uncle Ted. -Hi. Good to meet you both.
欢迎 -今晚可以邀请他们去听音乐会吗
Welcome. -Any chance of getting them in tonight?
抱歉连参议员都无法被邀出席
Sorry. There are senators on the waiting list.
主要是那些共和党人
Mostly Republicans.
你们是共和党...
You're Republicans.
或许下午的彩排 我可以安排你们进去
There's a rehearsal I can get you into...
看看 -太好了
...this afternoon. -Wonderful.
唐娜告诉我们 你正在和经济顾问开会?
Donna tells us you were meeting with economic advisers?
与其说是会议 不如说是互相争斗更贴切
Not so much meeting as fighting off slipping into a coma.
好像很复杂 -他们从不懂得赞同
Pretty dense. -They never agree.
而且十分固执地坚持自己的意见
Yet no one is remotely afflicted by doubt.
就像节食一样大多节食的理论 都是彼此矛盾的
Like with diets. There's all these diet theories, all completely contradictory.
医生也都同意最健康的做法
Most doctors agree the healthiest advice...
可能是每种食物都适量吃上一点
...is just to eat a variety of food in moderate amounts.
也许这也是解决经济问题的好办法
Maybe that's the approach to take with economists.
适量的集百家之长短 -是的
Take from every theory in moderation. -Yeah.
很有趣
Interesting.
泰德你是做什么的? -我是一个奶业集团的销♥售♥代表
So, Ted, what is it that you do? -I'm a sales rep for a dairy consortium.
你是说奶酪吗 -当然
You mean cheese? -Absolutely.
好的参观愉快
Well, enjoy your tour.
玩得高兴
Have fun.
你知道北♥韩♥是世界上唯一一个
Did you know North Korea's the only country...
不能连上互联网的国家? (事实上这是错误的)
...where it's impossible to access the Internet?
所有电视和收音机在出♥售♥前 都被设定
All TVs and radios are preset before they're sold...
只能接收指定频率的国家节目?
...so they receive only state-controlled stations?
是一个可怕的地方
It's a bad place.
试问有哪个音乐家愿意生活在
Imagine what it must be like to live in a society...
一个被强制规定只能弹奏 歌♥颂国家的乐曲的地方?
...so completely regimented, where the only music allowed glorifies the state.
他想回去才怪
It's amazing he'd wanna go back.
C.J.?
C.J.?
不会有媒体可以私自接近安载容吧?
We're controlling media access to Jai Yung Ahn?
彩排的时候有媒体见面 如果还有彩排的话
Pool spray at the sound check, if he's still doing one.
不能提问 -他们明白的...
No questions. -They understand...
北♥韩♥那边也不会允许
...the Koreans won't allow it.
那他现在可以回来白宫?
So he's being allowed back in the building.
里奥告诉我 你对此有强烈的反应
Leo tells me you have a strong view on this.
首先送他回去是违法的
Yes. For one thing, sending him back would seem to be illegal.
这不会发生 除非他告诉别人
Our hand's not forced unless he tells anyone.
他告诉了我们
He's told us.
他要求政♥治♥庇护
He's asked the president for asylum.
难道他应该请求一个出租车司机?
He'd have been better off asking some cab driver?
你知道事情没那么简单
You know the rationale.
所以伊朗人才不会一觉醒来就决定 今天是用核武攻击以色列的好日子
So the Iranians don't wake up and decide, "It's a good day to nuke Israel. "
七个北♥韩♥核武专家去年 在中国寻求政♥治♥庇护
Seven North Korean nuclear scientists defected through China last year.
我们也曾协助这事是不是如果 他更重要我们才会考虑接受他?
We helped pay for it. Are we saying if he were more valuable, we'd accept him?
这样的比较是没有道理的
Is that such an unreasonable distinction?
这不是你真正的观点
This isn't your real argument.
如果被外界知道我们送他回去 这就是一场政♥治♥灾难
Sending him back will play as a disaster if it gets out.
这也不是你真正的观点
That's not your real argument either.
确实不是
No, sir, it's not.
这个年轻人只是渴望自♥由♥
This young man's asking for freedom.
这也是这个国家的价值观
It's what this country was built on.
包容那些来自别的国家 没有享受过自♥由♥的人们
Everyone's from somewhere else. Someplace less free.
这是我的观点
That's my argument.
谢谢 -谢谢总统阁下
Thank you. -Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢阁下
Thank you, sir.
我们有一个会议 -棘手的
We have a meeting. -Outstanding.
你不能在会议的时候 说这样的话
Okay, you can't say things like "outstanding" during it.
你肯定希望我什么也不说
I was pretty sure you didn't want me saying anything at all.
我们跟谁开会?
We're meeting with...?
菲利议员 罗德岛民♥主♥党人
Congressman Thiele, Democrat from Rhode Island.
他是我叔叔的实习生 -当然
He interned for my uncle. -Of course he did.
他要投罗素的反对票 我要好好教训他学着点
He's voting against Russell. I have to whip him into shape. Watch and learn.
进来
Yeah.
威尔在写副总统的介绍词
Will's fixing the VP intro.
好这是他的工作
Good, since that would be his job.
我想之前我说得不够清楚
I'm not sure I was clear before.
我们需要找到工作的重点 并重新制定日程计划
We need to get back our focus. Work up a message calendar...
就像竞选时一样 -长♥期♥目标
...like in the campaigns. -Long term.
我在说别的一些东西 不仅仅小修小补我想重头来
I'm talking about something else. Not articulating the message. Shaping it.
我以为你正在做 -我想要全身心投入
You do shape it. -I mean full-time.
但你有你的职责 -我可以交给别人
You have responsibilities. -That I can turn over.
给威尔?
To Will?
我们以后再讨论
We should discuss it.
今天不行
Not today.
明日复明日 -是的
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. -Yeah.
我们在动摇
We are drifting.
这说不过去
This doesn't make any sense.
我不喜欢这家伙我投反对票 这有何不妥?
I don't like the guy. I'm voting against him. What doesn't make sense?
你让总统难堪
You're embarrassing the president.
他有533票赞成我的反对票 只是一个小小的不同的意见
He's got a margin of 533 votes. He must have a low threshold of embarrassment.
这是为了出名你可以借此登上
It's grandstanding. It's a way to get in the paper...
各大报纸头条让你显得更另类
...only it's gonna make you look eccentric.
就像那些裸奔的怪人 -你说什么?
Like some kind of goofball crank. -I beg your pardon?
你在让自己难堪 -听着
You're embarrassing yourself. -Look--
如果你希望得到他背后势力的支持 希望我们可以完成这个任期
You want his backing for anything you wanna accomplish this term...
而不是选择这样的方式公开作秀
...as opposed to pulling publicity stunts...
你必须忍♥受你对这个人的厌恶
...you'll swallow what petty animus you bear toward the guy...
因为他马上要成为政党的2号♥人物
...about to be number two in your party...
你应该和总统步调一致 让他得到一个全部通过的确认投票
...and you will give your president what he wants, a unanimous confirmation.
我不能忍♥受的是罗素不够出色
My petty animus is that Russell's not good enough.
这也是你们在提名公布之日起 不断对外声称的
Which is what you've been saying to each other since his name was announced.
你以为我不知道 贝利希尔才是你们的心头好?
Think I don't know how you got rolled on Berryhill?
因为政党利益而被迫丢车保帅?
Or forced to settle for this party hack?
你们把一个二流人物放在一个 随时因健康问题垮掉的总统身边
You've put someone second-rate next to a president with a serious health problem.
你想讨论难堪的问题? 没有比这更难堪的了
You wanna talk about embarrassment? Be embarrassed about that.
北♥韩♥那边取消了彩排的媒体见面
The North Koreans have canceled the pool spray at the sound check.
好的 -他不喜欢有太多闲人
Okay. -He doesn't like people around...
在彩排试音的时候
...when he's rehearsing.
抱歉
Sorry.
跟菲利谈过了?
Talk to Thiele?
是的要另想办法应付
Yeah. I'm gonna need a plan B.
副总统的介绍词写好了?
The VP intro is finished?
威尔在做最后修改 -帮帮他好吗
Will's doing last touches. -Help him out, will you?
他会搞定的 -他现在有点小麻烦
He's got it. -He was having trouble.
帮帮他拉他一把
Look it over, punch it up.
好的 -今天简报我遇到点麻烦
Yes, sir. -Sir, something happened at the briefing.
那些关于经济的问题 我应付得手忙脚乱
I got questions about the economy, and I felt like I was tap-dancing.
我看过觉得没什么问题啊 -应付得游刃有余
Saw it. I thought you were fine. -Deft. Extremely deft.
我感谢各位盲目的恭维我的才能
I appreciate your attempt to compliment me out of my point.
对于经济我感到无法用 合适的字眼去描述
I feel self-conscious about our lack of vocabulary to describe the economy.
她不知道那个百吉饼代称?
She get the bagel memo?
争论总统对经济下滑的责任
Argue the president's responsibility to do it.
只要发言是积极的 通常会带来积极的结果
Setting a positive tone helps bring about positive results.
我不是不想粉饰太平 但这样的把戏不是常常管用的
I don't wanna don a shroud. I just think the Pollyanna act's not wearing well.
我担心有些问题确实被我们忽略了
I'm worried that avoidance starts to look like maybe we just haven't noticed.
举个例子有人问及 总统是否知道市面牛奶的价格
We appear out of touch. Like presidents who don't know the price of milk.
阁下你知道牛奶的价格吗 -不是很清楚
Sir, do you know the price of milk? -Not precisely.
我也不知道有人知道吗?
Neither do I. Do any of us?
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表