剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
片名:白宫风云(第五季)
前情提要
Previously on The West Wing:
Carrick的事情大家都对你不满意
Nobody's happy you lost Carrick.
所以我不得不把你带去柴房♥用木棍 抽两下
I have to take you out to the woodshed and whack you with a two-by-four.
C.J.你认识我才4分钟,一般人要1小时后 才会开始讨厌我和我的一切立场
Claudia Jean, usually it takes an hour to hate me and everything I stand for.
Angela Blake是来接管立法事务的?
Is Angela Blake taking over Legislative Affairs?
我正在努力捱过这个星期
I'm trying to get through the week.
你听说首席大♥法♥官的事了吗?
Did you hear about the chief justice?
他在纽约大学主持模拟法庭竞赛.
He was presiding at a moot court competition at NYU.
还以为他在主持最高法♥院♥老实待着
Thought he was at the Supreme Court.
我们现在不能再新开另外的议案了 -那就应该全力抗争现在的这个...
We can't start another New Deal. -How about fighting for the old one...
...而不是去和共和党讨价还价到底 减多少税好?
...instead of haggling with Republicans over how much to cut?
剧名:权力分立
你知道吗,这根本就是Korematsu案的重演 (Korematsu战时拘留在美日裔的著名案例)
You know what this is? It's Korematsu. The mood is Korematsu.
才不是这样, 他们是有系统有目标的--
Come on, they're systematically targeting--
你敢说这里完全不涉及 强制性的政♥府♥利益?
You're saying there's no compelling government interest?
总有比去搜寻所有名字叫...
There's gotta be a less discriminatory way to pursue it...
Tom, Dick 和 Hamid的人 更有效的办法吧
...than frisking every Tom, Dick and Hamid.
我敢打赌Tom决不是一个阿♥拉♥伯名字
I'll bet you a pickle that Tom's not an Arab name.
所以我说还是Korematsu案
It's Korematsu all over again.
Korematsu案没有被翻案是有原因的
There's a reason Korematsu's never been overturned.
你现在又开始为扣留日本人 的合法性辩护了?
Okay, you're defending Japanese internment?
下一步你该会说Dred Scott(黑奴案例) 不过是在95号♥洲际公路上迷了路
Next you're gonna tell me Dred Scott got lost looking for l-95.
这就像把上了膛的枪 -又来了...
It's a loaded gun. -Not this again.
Lisa, Korematsu案就好比一把上了膛的枪 一直都在等着某位...
Lisa, the Korematsu case is a loaded gun, just waiting...
...喜欢戒♥严♥法的副司法部长
...for some martial-law-loving solicitor general--
他是对的. 他是对的 这是一个危险的先例
He's right. He's right. It's a dangerous precedent.
你打算把那些洋芋片吃完吗? -盐和醋. 我还打算活到30岁呢
Are you gonna finish your chips? -Salt and vinegar. I wanna live to 30.
难道法庭就不该考虑那些潜在的...
So the court shouldn't consider the potential for sabotage...
...对需要强制保障的政♥府♥利益的威胁?
...a compelling governmental interest?
那是在珍珠港事件之后 你可以说他们是为了保障自身安全
It was after Pearl Harbor. You could argue it was for their own safety.
设身处地想一下吧
Let's put you in a stockade, then. It's a jungle out there.
Matt, 先生? -我必须在上课前...
Matt, sir? -I have to do the subcite...
...把注解作好...
...before class...
...再完成我的法律精读
...finish my con law reading.
抱歉, 先生. 我不...
I'm sorry, sir. I don't... .
他们准备好了, 首席大♥法♥官先生.
They're ready, Mr. Chief Justice.
您需要帮忙吗, 先生?
Do you need help with that, sir?
噢, 天哪. -Helen, 叫救护车.
Oh, God. -Helen, call an ambulance.
先生? 先生? -他没什么事吧?
Sir? Sir? -Is he all right?
Helen, 叫救护车! -好了, 听好--
Helen, call an ambulance! -Okay, here it is.
"首席大♥法♥官Roy Ashland不是一个
"Chief Justice Roy Ashland need not be enlarged in death...
..需要靠死亡来被夸大的角色: 一个理想主义者 而不是一个偶像
...beyond what he was in life: an idealist, not an icon...
一个男人, 而非一座碑石, 坚定地相信 这个社会需要至高无上的法律...
...a man, not a monument, a believer in the irreducible power of the law...
...来约束 " -不过用"男人"这词时还是要小心
...to shape our society. " -Be careful about saying "man. "
为什么, 就因为--? 别这样 -别惊讶. 我可收到过投诉
Why, because--? Come on. -You'd be surprised. I get letters.
好吧, 那就说 "人类" 好了 不知道其他的哺乳动物会不会抗♥议♥?
Fine, "human being," then. Or do the other mammals complain?
嗨 -谁说你可以来这里的?
Hey. -Who said you could come in here?
没关系的, 我的流感已经好了 -你还得了流感?
It's all right, I'm over the flu. -You had the flu?
你们是不是在谈Ashland法官的继任?
Are we talking about replacements for Ashland?
Grandin, Keith 还是 Toland? 噢不 我们并没有谈这个
Grandin, Keith and Toland. And no, we're not talking about it.
那如果副总统需要会见一些人...
If the vice president had a few names not to talk about...
...我们是不是应该--? 没关系. 我能猜得到.
...where would he offer not--? Never mind. I can guess.
顾问办公室 -我消失中
Counsel's office. -Leaving now.
他又有一个研究员辞职了 -那是不是--?
He had another researcher quit. -What is that--?
你走后的第三个 -让我猜猜
Third since you left. -Let me guess.
她是因为立下要贫民誓言才离开的?
She was turned off by the vow of poverty?
花儿对你说, "我很抱歉" -消失!
Flowers say, "I'm sorry. " -Leave.
你看起来很高兴.
You seem happy.
你说什么? -高兴. 就是...
Excuse me? -Happy. You know...
...哺乳动物偶尔也有直觉
...the sensation fellow mammalians occasionally experience?
Haffley在预算上任意妄为 像狗儿啃玩具一般
Haffley's treating the discretionary budget like a chew toy.
让我们亿万富翁们减税的事情上妥协
We're about to cave on tax cuts for billionaires...
谁TMD知道 Angela Blake 还会在谈判桌上送出去什么
...and who the hell knows what else Angela Blake is giving away in there.
但是你知道吗? 我们将要任命一个新的首席大♥法♥官
But you know what? We're gonna appoint a new chief justice.
赋予宪法新的活力 前面5个总统都没有机会做这件事
Breathe new life into the Constitution. The last five guys didn't get to do it.
我们将要重塑法学的未来...
We'll shape the future of jurisprudence...
...让法律来维持这个社会...
...the laws that sustain our society...
让我们的新法官把 共和党通过的那些...
...or shove somebody in there to strike down...
..垃圾法律一一废除
...these awful laws Republicans are passing.
嗨. 抱歉, 但是有一个新闻-- -够了
Hey. Sorry, but there's news-- -Enough already.
不会由野牛Bob(副总统) 来挑选下一任大♥法♥官的
Buffalo Bob's not picking the next chief justice.
看来总统也没这个机会了 Ashland 恢复意识了
Neither's the president. Ashland regained consciousness.
看来他只是累坏了而已 医生说他完全可以康复
Seems it was only exhaustion, and his doctors say he'll make a full recovery.
我不认为这次是一次危机或是崩溃
I wouldn 't characterize this as a crisis or a breakdown.
同样也不是摊牌或是陷入僵局...
Here's other things it's not: a showdown, a stalemate...
...或是局势趋冷 或者党派政♥治♥弊病的教科书案例
...a standoff or a textbook example of partisan gridlock.
Donna?
Donna?
总统充分相信谈判小组的能力...
The president has full faith in the negotiation team....
那个海军医生有没有留下什么药在这里?
Do we have any pills left from that naval doctor?
海军上将Feelgood? -治感冒鼻塞一类的
Admiral Feelgood? -The cold and sinus stuff.
吃了会让你唱 "再会,美国小妞" 的那种?
The ones that made you sing "Bye-bye, Miss American Pie"?
那是Harry Chapin的歌♥ 就是那种大块的蓝色的...
It was Harry Chapin. Those big blue things.
听说空乘人员不得不把你拖离空军一号♥ 那时候你看起来一定很搞笑
Bet you looked cute when the airmen had to carry you off of Air Force One.
那是C.J.编的 -我有一些草药
C.J.'s making that up. -I've got some echinacea.
我不要天然的 我要工业制剂...
Nothing natural. I need the industrial-strength...
...超强杀伤力全面抗病毒的
...full-throttle, Roto-Rooter stuff.
时代周刊的Bartram打过电♥话♥来 -他说什么?
Bartram from The Times called. -About what?
问预算僵局的事 -我一无所知
Budget stalemate. -I don't know anything.
我也这么跟他说 当然也不是一字不差的这么说的
That's what I told him. I mean, not exactly. I said you're busy...
我说你很忙 忙很多公事 没空接媒体的电♥话♥
...with things and can't do press calls.
你就不能说我在总统办公室吗?
Didn't it occur to you to say I was in the Oval?
我说你在忙着安排总统去日本的计划
I said you're working on the trip to Japan.
只吃一片 别靠近重型机械
You're only supposed to take one. Stay away from heavy machinery.
幸运的是, 昨天Pa和我带了冬小麦来
Fortunately, Pa and I brought in the winter wheat yesterday.
所以我不用去操作联合收割机了
I don't have to operate the combine.
如果在预算方案上不能达成协议怎么办? -再弄一个延迟法案
What if we don't get a budget deal? -We get another continuing resolution.
这就是我不明白的地方了 我们每次申请延迟法案
Here's what I don't get. We take these budget extensions...
就像小孩跟老师说家庭作业被狗吃了一样 -共和党人可都成年了. 但的确很像
...like the dog ate our homework. -The Republican majority. Close.
为什么人们不愤怒呢? 这样无限制的拖延工作可不行
People aren't outraged? They can't take endless amounts of time to finish work.
你忘了还有可爱的联邦预算程序了 -是什么东东?
You forget the beauty of the federal budget process.
没人知道 -那就是了
No one understands it. -Yeah.
议长正在媒体面前大放厥词 我接到一个Mel Garber打来的电♥话♥
The speaker's in front of a lot microphones. I got a call...
他是 的一个制片人 -你跟他通话了么?
...from Mel Garber, a producer for . -Did you take the call?
我不知道他是谁 -他为Diane Mathers工作
I didn't know who he was. -He works for Diane Mathers.
是的. 他想知道在Zoey被绑♥架♥期间
Yeah. He wanted to know about my statement...
我对特勤局作的陈述
...to the Secret Service during Zoey's kidnapping.
嘿, C.J., 高级幕僚2线
Hey, C.J., senior staff in two.
关于嗑药? 你跟他说了什么没有?
The ecstasy? Did you talk to him about it?
当然没有. 我很礼貌的问了他的名字 然后客气的挂掉了
Of course not. I took the guy's name very politely and hung up very politely.
我没做错什么吧? -你做得很对
What was I to do? -You did the right thing.
那我现在怎么做? -什么都别做. 我来处理 谢谢,Charlie
What do I do now? -Nothing. I've got it. Thanks, Charlie.
他连总统的电♥话♥都不回? -他可在深切治疗部啊
He's not returning the president's calls? -He's in intensive care.
那里可没什么电♥话♥ -深切治疗部?
I don't think they have phones in there. -Intensive care?
CNN说他只是累坏了而已 -是啊
CNN said it was exhaustion. -Yeah.
那我们怎么知道他是不是--? -我们不知道
So how do we know he's not--? -We don't.
他已经84了 -那又怎样? 我爷爷活到90呢
He's 84. -So? My grandfather lived to be 90.
我爷爷还活到96呢, 但最后的20年...
My grandfather lived to be 96, but the last 20 years...
...他都以为哈普斯堡皇室还住在维也纳
...he thought the Habsburgs still lived in Vienna.
这会变得越来越危险的, Leo?
How long before this gets dangerous, Leo?
我们可不能等一个死人来主持 这个社会的正义
Before we've got a cadaver ruling on when life begins?
我们谈论的可是总统的同盟啊
We're talking about an ally of the president's.
我们谈的是一个重要的空缺职位 我比你更不希望这种事发生
We're talking about an empty robe. I don't like this any more than you do.
如果Roy Ashland是一种信仰, 我第一个皈依他
If Roy Ashland were a religion, I'd convert.
但如果他已经老到不能工作或者 永远昏迷 怎么办?
But what happens if we wait until he's senile or ends up in a coma?
接下来会怎样?
Then what?
难道到时再去共和党人的国会去搞弹劾? Haffley不会让我们如愿的
We go to a Republican Congress to impeach? Haffley will never do that.
他会让Ashland靠呼吸机撑下去 直到他们的人...
He'll leave Ashland on a respirator until one of them...
...来享受空军一号♥为止
...wears the Windbreaker on Air Force One.
预算谈判进展如何? -他们昨天一直谈到半夜
How are budget negotiations going? -They were there until midnight.
今早6点又开始谈了 -然后呢?
Back this morning at 6. -And?
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表